• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a WB studio tour today. They didn't let us on the tbbt set, they said they were working. I saw them unloading the couch from a truck to put it on the set. Dors that mean good news for contract

http://www.people.com/article/big-bang-theory-close-friendships?hootPostID=07111e53d6a52e6c06393d836f525f15

Did anyone else catch yesterday's NCIS? When DiNozzo and Bishop raided a hotel room, The Big Bang Theory was playing on the TV. Tony heard it from outside the room and knew it was the Dungeons & D

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

So when do you all think we will know about season 11 confirmation?

At a guess it may happen towards the end of the year,, they surely won't wait till the end of season 10 would they?

My guess is it will come out toward late Fall when they do some early announcements, probably around Fall UpFronts timeframe....and yeah...doubt they will wait until end of Season 10, unless they are having difficulty with actor contracts for some reason again.   But I would think that other than Mayim/Melissa who need to renew, the others are just a matter of signing an option if it is just a one year renewal (season 11).  But if it is another multi-year renewal then they all probably have to renegotiate and who knows how long that process could take.

• Like 2

That's why I think it's going to be multi season.  It was reported when Melissa and Mayim did their renegotiations before season 7, that there was also an option year in their new contracts (just like it was reported for the other five) .   The head of CBS said they weren't finished with TBBT, the actors want to continue, you know WB want to keep going.  My guess would be the announcement will be in January-February of next year.   

• Like 5

From The LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/la-en-st-0519-chuck-and-norman-20160519-snap-story.html

When Norman Lear gets with Chuck Lorre, the laughs are king

A conversation about comedy and multi-cam shows...

The two men do not know each other well — this is the first time Lorre’s been to Lear’s house -- but they certainly speak the same language, and Lear recently visited the set of “The Big Bang Theory,” causing, Lorre says, every writer on the staff to be “frozen with fear.”

“It was a stressful night,” Lorre said over Lear’s protests, “we wanted you to be proud of us.”

“I thought it was terrific,” Lear said, leaning in to ask who warmed up the audience for the show. Mark Sweet, Lorre answered. “What’s his last name?” Lear asked, once again taking note.

Norman Lear with Chuck Lorre

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, luminous said:

Kunal spoke with Digital Spy, a British entertainment and media news website...

The Big Bang Theory star Kunal Nayyar: 'Raj isn't trying to be mean'

Well, I guess we can agree on that:

"I don't think he's a bad person, I just don't think he understands what he's doing because he's never been in this position. He's clearly bad at it, that's the funny thing. He thinks he's good at it, but he's terrible."

LOL

It could be quite funny to see Jesse come on the show and play his supposed biological brother, especially since they clearly have nothing similar about them other than sharing possibly curly hair.  LOL!   But it could be funny.

The People behind TBBT has won the "Torsten Wiesel Midnight Sun Award" in Sweden. David Saltzberg picked up the prize yesterday when he attended the open seminar "Science in fiction-How the big bang theory brought science to the top comedy ratings" held at the Royal Science Academy in Stockholm, capital of Sweden.

Torsten Wiesel won a Nobel prize in 1981..  

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, rgbcn said:

Hi everyone!

Today Kunal Nayyar and Melissa Rauch were on the MCM London ComicCon 2016 at the Excell London, a great event, really crowded and with so many movies, tv shows, japan, comic, games fans!! Lots of cosplays too!

I was lucky to find a seat for the TBBT panel with them. They were so funny, specially Kunal, and warm with us. 

Here some photos I took, the best one is a video capture of when they exit the panel. 

There a video on my instagram of Kunal and Melissa arriving:

You can watch all the panel here

Enjoy!

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

thank, rgbcn. enjoyed them, looks like you had a great time.

• Like 2

Nice pictures and I enjoyed watching the Q&A video. 

All the media outlets seem to be making a a big deal about Kunal's "this might be the last season" comments, he's merely just stating the obvious that they are contracted to do up to Season 10. Certainly doesn't hurt his cause to try and get a new deal by putting it out there.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing vonmar. Another example of Johnny G's (apparent) lack of ego and being a team player (as all the cast!)

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 5

Chuck Lorre and Mayim Bialik will be on the Nerdist podcast released Tuesday:

Chuck Lorre and Mayim Bialik will be representing The Big Bang Theory on a new Nerdist PodcastTuesday, and you’ll get insight on what it takes to create hit TV shows (Chuck would have some idea about that….), both guests’ incredible journeys, spirituality, and… okay, there’s also a lot of focus on one particular bit of trivia in which the guys are particularly focused, Chuck’s having written the Teenage Mutant Minja Turtles theme song. Admit it, you want to hear all about that, too. You will, this week.

http://nerdist.com/big-bang-mma-mlb-upcoming-podcasts/

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 5

From Variety: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/big-bang-theory-steve-molaro-office-1201789641/

Inside the Office of ‘Big Bang Theory’ Showrunner Steve Molaro

“A little tech and a little stupid.” That’s how “The Big Bang Theory” showrunner Steve Molaro describes the décor of his office on the Warner Bros. lot, which is populated by robots, gadgets and plenty of toys.....

Steve Molaro Big Bang Theory Writers

• Like 6

Chris Hardwick's "The Nerdist" Podcast with Chuck and Mayim. 

NERDIST PODCAST #810: CHUCK LORRE AND MAYIM BIALIK

Chuck Lorre and Mayim Bialik talk to Chris and Matt about how Chuck got his start in television, Mayim’s career in science and television, and Chuck’s time working as a musician. They then talk about Chuck writing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle theme song, inspiring girls to work in science, and what life is like on the set of The Big Bang Theory!

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-810-chuck-lorre-and-mayim-bialik/

Nerdist Podcast #810: Chuck Lorre and Mayim Bialik

• Like 5

Listened to the podcast whilst at the gym this morning some interesting topics being discussed. Actually found the Lorre bits most interesting as I knew little about him really compared to Mayim. I didn't know for example that he co-wrote the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack to a show which I used to watch every week!

It was also interesting to hear what his vision was for the show when he co-created it and how even now after all these years it's probably more true to his vision than it has ever been.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 1

I listed to the podcast as well - I though it was really funny and had some great topics. But of course, if you're already familiar with a lot of other interviews with Mayim or Chuck there's not much new to find out here. No big scoops on the future of TBBT either.

18 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

It was also interesting to hear what his vision was for the show when he co-created it and how even now after all these years it's probably more true to his vision than it has ever been.

That kinda cracked me up because so many people are ranting about how "this was always meant to be a show about nerds!!111" and then you have Chuck talk about how this was a rather incidental side effect and not necessarily something they were aiming for. lol

• Like 4