Cast, Crew, And Bbt News

stardustmelody

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

Jim Parsons is presenting at the Primetime Emmy Awards on sunday. No idea about the rest of the cast.

Thanks @serena_1995 !  I wonder if he will be presenting with Iain (I can't remember his last name :( )?  I though I read somewhere that he will be presenting as well.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Thanks @serena_1995 !  I wonder if he will be presenting with Iain (I can't remember his last name :( )?  I though I read somewhere that he will be presenting as well.....

Yes, it's in the YS thread that Iain Armitage will be there as well. I think the two presenting together would make sense for promotion purposes. Also, they make a cute duo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From The Hollywood Reporter

Hollywood's 50 Most Powerful TV Showrunners of 2017

Chuck Lorre

The Big Bang Theory, Mom, Young Sheldon (CBS); Disjointed (Netflix)

With Big Bang atop broadcast rankings and spinoff Young Sheldon seeing a boffo preview (followed by a quick full-season order) on Sept. 25, Warner Bros.-housed Lorre, 63, is laughing all the way to the bank. He also recently broke out of his broadcast mold with the Netflix launch of the pot comedy Disjointed.

You know a pitch isn't going well when … "You've managed to bore yourself."

Right now, TV viewers need … "One comedy series about a 9-year-old genius growing up in Texas and one about a pot dispensary in California."

Best thing I saw this year "It's a tie between Catastrophe, Legion, Fargo, Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, American Gods, Okja, The Night Of, Silicon Valley, Billions, Atlanta, Genius, Walking Dead, Preacher, Homeland, The Crown, Taboo, Pleasant Valley, The Big Bang Theory, Mom and Disjointed."

<full article in the link>

• Like 5

From The UCLA Newsroom

UCLA Big Bang Theory scholars meet their benefactors

The popular TV show supports five students at UCLA annually, with the added perk of meeting the cast and crew

Five UCLA freshmen visited with the cast and crew of “The Big Bang Theory” on Oct. 5 and joined in an eight-clap with actress, neuroscientist and alumna Mayim Bialik, on a trip to thank their Hollywood benefactors for their scholarships to UCLA.

The students are the latest recipients of the Big Bang Theory Scholarship Endowment, which provides need-based support to UCLA students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. They are Darren Ait Kaci Azzou, a biophysics major; Janice Cheng, a bioengineering major; Steve Lopez, a mechanical engineering major; Andy Muratalla, a chemical engineering major; and Khang Vinh, a computer science and engineering major

<full article in the link>

• Like 4

Penny's Dad.....

From CBS LA (video in the link, Keith talks TBBT at about 1:08)

Keith Carradine: “Tea Leoni Is The Best Of The Best”

<snip>

Carradine’s ties with CBS run deep, as he’s also been a recurring character on The Big Bang Theory, where he plays Penny Hofstadter’s father Wyatt. While the Oscar winner is not known his comedic background, the writers of the show have ensured that Carradine leaves the audience laughing.

“Big Bang Theory is one of the best formats imaginable for an actor.” “I love to do comedy. It’s not necessarily what I’m known for, but when you walk into that environment they are going to make you funny.”

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

From Deadline Hollywood

Fox Buys Family Comedy From Peter Tolan, John Ross Bowie & Kevin Sussman

As Fox has renewed its push into multi-camera comedy, the network is revisiting a project it first developed six years ago. Fox has given a script commitment to The Ever After Part, a multi-camera comedy from Rescue Me co-creator Peter Tolan and actors-writers John Ross Bowie & Kevin Sussman.

Written by the trio, The Ever After Part centers on a couple. When faced with the difficulties of raising their daughter in a hip, on the rise neighborhood, the couple must swallow their pride and move in with the husband’s flamboyant mother and her manservant. Tolan, who serves as showrunner, Bowie and Sussman executive produce with Principato Young Entertainment’s Peter Principato and Joel Zadak for Sony Pictures TV, where Tolan is under an overall deal, and 20th Century Fox TV. Sussman’s manager Jill McGrath serves as producer.

Bowie and Sussman met and became friends years ago when they first started recurring together on The Big Bang Theory as Leonard and Sheldon’s nemesis Barry Kripke and comic book store owner Stuart, respectively. (Sussman has since become a series regular on Big Bang while Bowie is a series regular on ABC/20th TV’s comedy series Speechless.)

Shortly after they first met, the duo started writing together. Their comedy spec Dark Minions caught Sony TV’s attention, leading to The Ever After Part, which was their their first network sale. The pitch, bought by Fox in fall 2011 when the network again was actively pursuing multi-camera comedy, was also via Sony TV, with PYE and McGrath attached.

<more in the link>

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Laurie Metcalf's movie "Lady Bird" came out today and she is already being talked about for consideration for a Best Supporting Actress nomination at the Oscars.

Oh darn! I was excited for a minute when I thought it was a film about the "Former First Lady' Lady Bird Johnson one of our best First Ladies in recent times. Then I read up on it and realize  it isn't 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Oh darn! I was excited for a minute when I thought it was a film about the "Former First Lady' Lady Bird Johnson one of our best First Ladies in recent times. Then I read up on it and realize  it isn't 

LOL...that happened to a lot of people, especially since Woody Harrelson's "LBJ" came out today also.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, tonight on Mom, Kaley's sister Briana had a small role.  My daughter and I  were watching and I told my daughter I thought it was Briana, and I'd have to look at the credits.  Sure enough, it was her.  She gets her third Chuck Lorre show credit (after TBBT and Two and A Half Men).  

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tensor said:

Hey, tonight on Mom, Kaley's sister Briana had a small role.  My daughter and I  were watching and I told my daughter I thought it was Briana, and I'd have to look at the credits.  Sure enough, it was her.  She gets her third Chuck Lorre show credit (after TBBT and Two and A Half Men).  

I caught that too!  I thought that was her! 

On 17.11.2017 at 8:16 AM, Tensor said:

• Like 4

On 11/17/2017 at 2:16 AM, Tensor said:

I caught that, too! I told my family that when I first saw her in the scene and they were like, "Okay..." haha