From Variety

‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Black-ish’ Top Humanitas Prize Finalists

Writers for “Game of Thrones,” “Black-ish,” and “The Big Bang Theory” and the film “Human Flow” are among the television and documentary nominees for the 43rd annual Humanitas Prize announced Wednesday. Winners in each category — 30-minute, 60-minute, children’s animation, children’s live action, Sundance feature film, and documentary — will receive $100,000 in prize money.

Recipients will be announced at the annual Humanitas Prize event on Feb. 16 at the Beverly Hilton.

“In the past few years we have experienced a spectacular renaissance of television and documentary filmmaking,” said Humanitas president Ali LeRoi. “There is an embarrassment of riches in terms of both the quality and quantity of work, so choosing these finalists from among the wealth of notable submissions we received this year was a challenge — albeit a wonderful one.”

“Whether it’s a deep documentary dive into a challenging subject, a hilarious half-hour sitcom episode or a heartfelt independent feature, all of the finalists used their craft to create work that is both entertaining and enlightening,” said Humanitas executive director Cathleen Young. “Television and film have incredible power when it comes to inspiring empathy, compassion, forgiveness and reason, and we are proud to support work that strives to do just that.”

Humanitas honors film and television writers whose work inspires compassion, hope and understanding in the human family.

30-minute mategory
BLACK-ISH “Lemons” Written by Kenya Barris
THE BIG BANG THEORY “Long Distance Dissonance” Teleplay by Chuck Lorre & Steve Holland & Tara Hernandez, Story by Steven Molaro & Eric Kaplan & Jim Reynolds
WILL & GRACE “Grandpa Jack” Written by Alex Herschlag

• Like 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a WB studio tour today. They didn't let us on the tbbt set, they said they were working. I saw them unloading the couch from a truck to put it on the set. Dors that mean good news for contract

http://www.people.com/article/big-bang-theory-close-friendships?hootPostID=07111e53d6a52e6c06393d836f525f15

Did anyone else catch yesterday's NCIS? When DiNozzo and Bishop raided a hotel room, The Big Bang Theory was playing on the TV. Tony heard it from outside the room and knew it was the Dungeons & D

Posted Images

On 1/9/2018 at 10:25 PM, vonmar said:

Looks like Jim and Kaley are both presenting at The Critics Choice Awards on Thursday Night.

(Matt Mungle - Host of The MungleShow. Member of the BFCA @CriticsChoice and the @DFWFilmCritics )

I find it a little bit odd that you have an award show on a Thursday night. :shy:

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Tensor said:

So, it's a Chuck Lorre category.

Allison Janney - Mom

Octavia Spencer- Mom; The Big Bang Theory

Laurie Metcalf- The Big Bang Theory

I have not seen any of these movies, but I really hope Laurie wins.  She has been doing some very acclaimed acting in the last few years with (I believe) Tony and Emmy nominations.  Allison Janney has been winning most of the awards in this catagory.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I have not seen any of these movies, but I really hope Laurie wins.  She has been doing some very acclaimed acting in the last few years with (I believe) Tony and Emmy nominations.  Allison Janney has been winning most of the awards in this catagory.....

Janney won Golden Globes and Critics Choice for Best Supporting Actress.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

She has 7 Emmy's (13 nominations), 7 SAG awards (16), 6 Critics Choice (10), 1 Golden Globe (6), and 5 other wins (14.  On Broadway, she has 2 Drama Dest Awards(2)(think critics choice) and 0 Tony wins (2).  All but the two drama desk and one of the Tony's have been since 2000.  She is also in second place for number of Emmy wins and one of the few to win for both drama and comedy

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

She has 7 Emmy's (13 nominations), 7 SAG awards (16), 6 Critics Choice (10), 1 Golden Globe (6), and 5 other wins (14.  On Broadway, she has 2 Drama Dest Awards(2)(think critics choice) and 0 Tony wins (2).  All but the two drama desk and one of the Tony's have been since 2000.  She is also in second place for number of Emmy wins and one of the few to win for both drama and comedy.  

Thanks @tensor! We can always count on you for the data!!!!

• Like 2

Congratulations and best wishes to Laura Spencer (Emily Sweeney) on her engagement.  If I were more proficient at tech things, I could re-post from her Instagram page (@luminous ?????).  From her online persona, she seems like a down-to-earth person.  I hope that she and her fiancé have years and years of happiness!

• Like 6
  • Koala Face 1

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Congratulations and best wishes to Laura Spencer (Emily Sweeney) on her engagement.  If I were more proficient at tech things, I could re-post from her Instagram page (@luminous ?????).  From her online persona, she seems like a down-to-earth person.  I hope that she and her fiancé have years and years of happiness!

:shy:

Congrats to Laura.

• Like 6
  • It's a Tiara 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Interesting all seven will be on the panel, I just assumed with it being a joint panel with YS it would be Jim, Molaro, Lorre and the YS cast. Is this their swansong?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Interesting all seven will be on the panel, I just assumed with it being a joint panel with YS it would be Jim, Molaro, Lorre and the YS cast. Is this their swansong?

Let me get my Crystal ball. I can see that this will be the swan song for TBBT.

This is interesting, on twitter someone asked to the PaIeyfest account the Iogistic of having TBBT cast + YS cast on stage together, and that's the answer, it seems they are two separate paneIs, just the same event

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 9

Imo it does make sense. Both shows share lots of info but their dinamic and cast are different, aside the writers team which some elements are in common. Two panels separated could make each one be more focused on its stuff.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Imo it does make sense. Both shows share lots of info but their dinamic and cast are different, aside the writers team which some elements are in common. Two panels separated could make each one be more focused on its stuff.

Yes, I agree, it was not fair neither to TBBT cast nor to YS cast to mix things up too much. Anyway, the advertising has been terrible, it wasn't cIear at aII those were different things!

• Like 4

Yeah everything I read before that tweet indicated it was a joint panel. Nice to get a clarification and my interest has gone up a lot in this knowing all the cast will be there and talking TBBT :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...