The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stardustmelody

Cast, Crew, And Bbt News

29 minutes ago, Andy_90's_generation said:

Wow! I have no idea if this is an important award or what. It sure sounds like it is. But anyways, yay! for Big Bang still winning things :cool:

I know, right!

It's their 1st time winning after 11 years on the air and I think it's important because of this line from the original announcement....

"Humanitas honors film and television writers whose work inspires compassion, hope and understanding in the human family."

I believe that TBBT does that with their stories.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/magazine/laurie-metcalf-lady-bird-roseanne.html?action=click&module=Features&pgtype=Homepage. Not sure if this allowed, but.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laurie was on Good Morning America on the ABC network earlier this week to talk about her Academy Award nomination for Lady Bird and to promote the upcoming Roseanne reboot, also an ABC show. Robin Roberts enthusiastically asked if her daughter would attend The Oscars with her Laurie went on to gush about Zoe’s playing Mary Cooper on Young Sheldon, a CBS show. Roberts couldn’t have been more flustered at having to talk about another network’s product and feigned ignorance at the fact that mother & daughter were playing the same role at different life stages (prepared much Robin???). I was so happy that Laurie went off script and got a little recognition for TBBT in a place where it’s existence is not acknowledged at all!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Well thought @hokie3457. I didn’t knew pretty much about her, but this NYT-essay is impressing. Thank you.

“She is extraordinary in her desire to be extraordinary.” (Will Frears)

• Like 2

Jackson is a warrior, he is such inspiration of strenght and perseverance. Wishing to him and his family all luck, Jackson will be a winner :)

This is another reason I love tbbt: it is more than a tv show. It is a way to inspire so many people in so many ways and for so many reasons. I am proud of be a viewer and a fan of tbbt <3

• Like 5

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, vonmar said:

I know, right!

It's their 1st time winning after 11 years on the air and I think it's important because of this line from the original announcement....

"Humanitas honors film and television writers whose work inspires compassion, hope and understanding in the human family."

I believe that TBBT does that with their stories.

Apparently Humanitas hasn't seen the show in awhile. Maybe there watching reruns on TBS

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Apparently Humanitas hasn't seen the show in awhile. Maybe there watching reruns on TBS

Actually, the announcement said the award was for a specific show, either season 10 or 11.  I'll have to look.

5 minutes ago, Ginny Hamilton said:

Actually, the announcement said the award was for a specific show, either season 10 or 11.  I'll have to look.

It was last seasons finale. Not sure how that inspires compassion hope and understanding in the human family.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

It was last seasons finale. Not sure how that inspires compassion hope and understanding in the human family.

Yeah I didn't get it either. There are better contenders for that among the BBT episodes. 

I think i got blocked on Twitter by bill prady for saying i was done watching tbbt. I really don't think i was rude at all. Maybe he is just thin skinned no big lost

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I think i got blocked on Twitter by bill prady for saying i was done watching tbbt. I really don't think i was rude at all. Maybe he is just thin skinned no big lost

I think you have been bad. :icon_surprised: I wasn't really impressed with tonight's episode. Being blocked by Bill is a badge of honor. I'm not block by Bill, but I am blocked by all the shenny writers. 

• Like 1

I think you have been bad. :icon_surprised: I wasn't really impressed with tonight's episode. Being blocked by Bill is a badge of honor. I'm not block by Bill, but I am blocked by all the shenny writers. 
All i said word for word was after the steve holland interview i was done with tbbt

27 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

If the co-creator of television's #1 comedy doesn't want negative comments in his Twitter feed.  That's his right.

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

All i said word for word was after the steve holland interview i was done with tbbt

WOW, maybe blocked for that? He really must be thinned skin.

If the co-creator of television's #1 comedy doesn't want negative comments in his Twitter feed.  That's his right.
Sure your right on that but he's also pushing a product he's trying to sell so you have to expect some criticism if you can't handle a little criticism maybe he shouldn't be tweeting about how good it is

WOW, maybe blocked for that? He really must be thinned skin.
That's all i said

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Sure your right on that but he's also pushing a product he's trying to sell so you have to expect some criticism if you can't handle a little criticism maybe he shouldn't be tweeting about how good it is

If he doesn't want remarks on his Twitter account like yours, he has the right to block you. 

You may be taking it personally, but maybe he just doesn't want any negativity on his feed.

If he doesn't want remarks on his Twitter account like yours, he has the right to block you. 
You may be taking it personally, but maybe he just doesn't want any negativity on his feed.
He has all the right in the world to block me life isn't a bowl of cherries. When i owned my own company i worked for a major corporation that would sent out five VPs to check our work and to find problems that was their only job actually their only job

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Back in the 80's television 's #1 comedy meant something. These days all it means is your not as crappy as others comedies.

• Like 2

He has all the right in the world to block me life isn't a bowl of cherries. When i owned my own company i worked for a major corporation that would sent out five VPs to check our work and to find problems. that was their only job criticism isn't a life threatening issue but it can make you better if you pay attention

5 hours ago, vonmar said:

He probably gets a ton of negative posts on his feed (TBBT basically has its own 'hatedom') so I'm not surprised he's cleaning that up. Sure, there's some valuable criticism for the show every once in a while but twitter is a crappy medium for that.

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

I often disagree with his 'this episode is amazing posts' because usually I have seen better in the season. Like I thought Veracity was a much superior episode than the one he picked (Sheldon going to Texas, Penny and Leonard with the Christmas tree one I believe it was).

But I guess like fans even production staff or even a co-creator have their favorites.