More statements:

From Mayim:

missmayim As we near Pi day (3.14) I join the global community in mourning the loss of the greatest physicist of our era. #StephenHawking is free from the physical constraints of this earthly condition we all exist in and he is soaring above us now marveling at it all. Thank you Dr. Hawking for enlightening us and blessing us with your wisdom and courage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgSqbyxBCvL/

Edited by luminous
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a WB studio tour today. They didn't let us on the tbbt set, they said they were working. I saw them unloading the couch from a truck to put it on the set. Dors that mean good news for contract

http://www.people.com/article/big-bang-theory-close-friendships?hootPostID=07111e53d6a52e6c06393d836f525f15

Did anyone else catch yesterday's NCIS? When DiNozzo and Bishop raided a hotel room, The Big Bang Theory was playing on the TV. Tony heard it from outside the room and knew it was the Dungeons & D

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I was shocked when  I was little shock when I got a News Notification about Hawking Death. sad. sending prayers to his Family. RIP. 

I see them writing it into an episode 

Sounds as though they finished taping tonight's episode around the time the news broke. Sheldon's do wasn't exactly a party, apparently. There's a summary on the discussion thread. Perhaps they'll mention they'd have liked to have him watch the wedding and be sad it can't happen.

Wow that is so sad. RIP Stephen Hawking, an incredible, inspiring person who had made major contributions to both human knowledge and spirit.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, chucky said:

I think his passing will be addressed in an episode, They did mention Leonard Nimoy's passing in an episode, so there is a precedent in this action.  :icon_neutral:

I think they'll all say they're sad and Shamy will say they'd invited him to the wedding. They were going to set up a video stream if he'd RSVPed unable to attend in person.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I think they'll all say they're sad and Shamy will say they'd invited him to the wedding. They were going to set up a video stream if he'd RSVPed unable to attend in person.

I could see them watching a video of SH wishing him well, then discovering his passing. Then they'd have a quite moment of sorrow and respects,

• Like 1

I Am sure they will acknowledge it, possibly more than once.  They could even add a thank you/ acknowledgment to this Thirsday’s Repeat if they want to be timely.  The fact that the wedding save the dates have already gone out and invitations need to be written is an easy opportunity to add something.  

R. I. P. Stephen Hawking. He was always so active in the scientific community, year after year, and you'd just get a feeling that he could-and should-go on for so long, despite everything, so the news of his death really hit me... not to mention, it is deeply saddening to learn that such a great mind is no longer a part of this world. But it is also nice to know that he accomplished so much in his life, being loved and respected by many.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Professor Stephen Hawking (1942 – 2018). Widely regarded as one of the world’s most brilliant minds, Stephen Hawking, who died this week at the age of 76, was known throughout the world for his contributions to science, his books, his television appearances, his lectures and through biographical films. He leaves three children and three grandchildren. All of us at Cambridge University will miss him greatly.

"Be curious and don't give up!"
R.I.P. Sir.

• Like 9

GREAT Washington Post story from a physics prof who took Hawking to a cowboy bar in Colorado:

Red it HERE

I told him about a place I knew that was, at the time, a kind of cowboy bar in Woody Creek, a small town nearby but culturally far removed — a place where Hunter Thompson used to hang out. I asked Stephen if he wanted to stop by, and, ever the adventurer, he said yes. I called the bar and asked whether it was wheelchair-accessible, was told it was, and off we went.

Thirty minutes later, we arrived, got out of Stephen’s van, went up a short ramp and went inside. The bar was rustic, with a pool table in the back and several tables up front. The bartender looked up at us and immediately exclaimed: “Well, if you had told me it was Stephen Hawking coming, we would have built a ramp if necessary!”

• Like 2

From Variety

‘Big Bang Theory’ Co-Creator Remembers Lunching With Stephen Hawking

Without a doubt, the best thing about working on a TV show about fanboys is the opportunity to be a fanboy. The anticipation that you’re headed into work with Leonard Nimoy or Steve Wozniak or Buzz Aldrin or Adam West is the kind of thing that makes you wish you could send a letter back to your teenage self. “It gets nerdier,” it would say.

But no amount of Batmen or Vulcans or real-life astronauts is adequate preparation for Stephen Hawking, who died March 14, at 76. There’s nothing remotely on par with walking into a library at Caltech and meeting the man a “Big Bang” writer much funnier than me called “the wheelchair dude who invented time.”

After we finished shooting Hawking’s scene [for the 2012, Season 5 episode “The Hawking Excitation”], we were invited to join him for lunch at Caltech’s Athenaeum Club (“Einstein was a member,” says Sheldon). At a table in the corner, the grad student who assisted Hawking helped him situate himself, while Kip Thorne recommended items off the menu. (Thorne would later win the Nobel Prize — for physics, not food reviews. But he was spot on with both.)

<full article in the link>

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From Variety

‘Big Bang Theory’ Co-Creator Remembers Lunching With Stephen Hawking

Without a doubt, the best thing about working on a TV show about fanboys is the opportunity to be a fanboy. The anticipation that you’re headed into work with Leonard Nimoy or Steve Wozniak or Buzz Aldrin or Adam West is the kind of thing that makes you wish you could send a letter back to your teenage self. “It gets nerdier,” it would say.

But no amount of Batmen or Vulcans or real-life astronauts is adequate preparation for Stephen Hawking, who died March 14, at 76. There’s nothing remotely on par with walking into a library at Caltech and meeting the man a “Big Bang” writer much funnier than me called “the wheelchair dude who invented time.”

After we finished shooting Hawking’s scene [for the 2012, Season 5 episode “The Hawking Excitation”], we were invited to join him for lunch at Caltech’s Athenaeum Club (“Einstein was a member,” says Sheldon). At a table in the corner, the grad student who assisted Hawking helped him situate himself, while Kip Thorne recommended items off the menu. (Thorne would later win the Nobel Prize — for physics, not food reviews. But he was spot on with both.)

<full article in the link>

Thanks for the link @vonmar ! Love Bill Prady!!!

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

From extratv.com

‘Big Bang Theory’ Cast on the Big Season-Finale Wedding

TV’s number-one comedy “The Big Bang Theory” is planning a big wedding for their upcoming Season 11 finale!

[...]

Creator Chuck Lorre confirmed Jim Parsons’ and Mayim Bialik’s characters Sheldon and Amy are set to walk down the aisle, saying, “They're getting married. Let’s nail this down. It may not go smoothly, but it's going.”

[...]

full article: http://extratv.com/2018/03/22/big-bang-theory-cast-on-the-big-season-finale-wedding/

big-bang-theory-cast-brian-to-825x580.jpg.82867da04b1381be309601cf06b89766.jpg

• Like 4