3 hours ago, Jonny said:

The article is full of the financial success the show has been as well as culturally. The most most striking quotes in this article which makes me think WB and CBS are going to fight to keep it going:

They are going to offer a new deal to do more, I can't see them not doing so. Whether they can get them all on board remains to be seen, that's the big question mark.

There's an answer to that. Contract the cast members who are able and willing to take part every week from August to April as they do now,even if it's a reduced core. Book the others to appear,pre-taped or in person, as and when they're available and talked about when they're not. The Wolowitz babies,Cinnamon, Stuart,Emily Sweeney, Bernie,Penny and Amy,not to mention various parents and other relatives, have all been missing from episodes but referred to in the script and the series has survived. At present we have time-wasting scenes for no reason other than to fit everybody in, so cutting down on that obligation could be an advantage.

• Like 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a WB studio tour today. They didn't let us on the tbbt set, they said they were working. I saw them unloading the couch from a truck to put it on the set. Dors that mean good news for contract

http://www.people.com/article/big-bang-theory-close-friendships?hootPostID=07111e53d6a52e6c06393d836f525f15

Did anyone else catch yesterday's NCIS? When DiNozzo and Bishop raided a hotel room, The Big Bang Theory was playing on the TV. Tony heard it from outside the room and knew it was the Dungeons & D

Posted Images

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

There's an answer to that. Contract the cast members who are able and willing to take part every week from August to April as they do now,even if it's a reduced core. Book the others to appear,pre-taped or in person, as and when they're available and talked about when they're not. The Wolowitz babies,Cinnamon, Stuart,Emily Sweeney, Bernie,Penny and Amy,not to mention various parents and other relatives, have all been missing from episodes but referred to in the script and the series has survived. At present we have time-wasting scenes for no reason other than to fit everybody in, so cutting down on that obligation could be an advantage.

I couldn’t agree more, it could reduce production costs and allow for one longer plot in an episode which would reduce the show from feeling rushed.  If they just signed the actors to like 18 episodes each, for the 24 episode season, they could save about 50 million in salaries for the year making the show more profitable while still giving the viewer a full season of the show.  It would still give the actors a significant annual income while giving them more time away from the show to do other things.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I couldn’t agree more, it could reduce production costs and allow for one longer plot in an episode which would reduce the show from feeling rushed.  If they just signed the actors to like 18 episodes each, for the 24 episode season, they could save about 50 million in salaries for the year making the show more profitable while still giving the viewer a full season of the show.  It would still give the actors a significant annual income while giving them more time away from the show to do other things.

I concur with your assessment.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:34 PM, hokie3457 said:

Claudia Alta Johnson.  Just to throw some trivia your way, when she was a baby someone said "she's as pretty as a ladybird" and the nickname stuck! 

Nancy Reagan and Betty Ford are the full-name first lady trivia champ challenges!

Edited by Capt. Hilts

29 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I'm sure sheldon and amy would be in all 24 episodes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Of course, gotta have the golden couple. Can't do without them.

• Like 1

If they need to go to this strategy to make the numbers work I doubt having Amy around more than the others will happen.  She can easily be on the end of  a phone on a business trip (as can anyone else).  Of course it is possible someone will want reduced episodes, but I don’t want to speculate who.  They all have other projects or kids.  I imagine the cast will stick together ( as they have in the past) and that means

a likely group solution .  

• 3 weeks later...

This may not be the most appropriate thread, but I don't know where else to share it... While waiting for Jim's appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show, I found Ellen's monologue about The Cheesecake Factory's menu quite funny. I hope others crack a smile thinking about our favorite waitress-actress turned pharmaceutical sales rep!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

This may not be the most appropriate thread, but I don't know where else to share it... While waiting for Jim's appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show, I found Ellen's monologue about The Cheesecake Factory's menu quite funny. I hope others crack a smile thinking about our favorite waitress-actress turned pharmaceutical sales rep!

o_634.gif.6e10b1e2fcab91f69be9a4b2468b8787.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

To quote Penny, -Hey it's a big meny ,it's two pages just for desserts. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, luminous said:

Bill got a birthday present from Johnny and Kaley. 🍾

Good gracious! What an amazing gesture! What a wonderful pair of people! Thanks for posting this @luminous ! My day is made!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

This is very noce but isn't it funny though that they bought that as a present from the both of them, cobsidering how much money they have?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Good gracious! What an amazing gesture! What a wonderful pair of people! Thanks for posting this @luminous ! My day is made!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yes, a really amazing gesture from a really wonderful pair of people. ❤️ Seeing this IG posting put a huge smile on my face, just like the fact, that is was a joint gift from Johnny and Kaley. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Congrats to Laurie Metcalf on winning her second Tony Award, this time for Featured Actress in a Play...

She is one special and gifted actress.

• Like 1

Emmy nomination voting opened today and runs through June 25th.

As in the past, Jim and Johnny were submitted as leads and Kaley, Simon, Kunal Melissa and Mayim were submitted as supporting.

In the writing category Warner Bros submitted:

The Bow Tie Asymmetry

The Proposal Proposal

The Sibling Realignment

A pdf of the ballot can be found HERE

• Like 2

The Big Bang Theory has been nominated for "Choice Comedy TV Show" at the Teen Choice Awards 2018! The series' competition includes black-ish, Fuller House, Jane the Virgin, Modern Family, and The Good Place. The award show will air on Sunday, August 12 at 8/7c on Fox.

http://tvline.com/2018/06/13/teen-choice-awards-2018-nominations-full-list-nominees/

Voting is open through Tuesday, June 19, and you can cast your vote here:

https://www.fox.com/teen-choice/

You can vote up to 10 times a day, using your e-mail address or Facebook account.

Edited by Kev0821
  • Like 2