• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a WB studio tour today. They didn't let us on the tbbt set, they said they were working. I saw them unloading the couch from a truck to put it on the set. Dors that mean good news for contract

Did anyone else catch yesterday's NCIS? When DiNozzo and Bishop raided a hotel room, The Big Bang Theory was playing on the TV. Tony heard it from outside the room and knew it was the Dungeons & D

http://www.people.com/article/big-bang-theory-close-friendships?hootPostID=07111e53d6a52e6c06393d836f525f15

Posted Images

I think the point that people are missing is the Presidencies of Million dollars salaries WB is faced with. If they give in to the BBT Cast then they will have to give into every other cast that has a successful show. The longer these contracts take, the more likely they won't come to an agreement. I am sure WB is willing to cancel BBT rather than fight big salary demands from other actors in the future. WB has to draw the line some where. IMHO No One is worth a Million a Year let alone a Million times 24 episodes in a half year. 

WB has a lot of shows in their studio but most of their shows don't do the business that TBBT does.  WB can demand all kinds of money from advertisers for ad spots during TBBT and those advertisers will pay it to get their products in front of 20 million viewers.  It's the same situation.

The TBBT actors can ask for bigger money because no studio/network would walk away from a damn sure thing--a #1 hit show--and gamble on any other show ever hitting those numbers.

TV is a big expensive gamble.  A studio and network will pour money into making pilots and ordering episodes and paying salaries (I don't think Robin Williams was working for union scale...) and then have to wait and see if they've got a hit or a miserable expensive flop.  If a show hits, they'll back it big time.  And if it hits the unbelievable way that Big Bang has--GROWING numbers as it ages, rather than losing numbers as pretty much every show before them has done (even the big hits)--then they really don't want to let it go.

They have no guarantees that the next show they produce will hit that magic spot again.  They know they have a phenomenon on their hands that NO ONE else has.  As big a hit as Modern Family might be, it doesn't do the numbers that TBBT does.

And it's not like WB is begging for ducats.  They make money from more than just TBBT and they make a lot of money through Big Bang.  They have the show locked up for 3 more years and the potential to make even more billions of dollars from it.  And while they're making money, the actors are restricted in terms of what other kind of work they can do--only stuff that will fit in during the hiatus.

I think WB ought to pony up and make the most of what they have while they have it.

• Like 4

See if I was Johnny et al's reps that's exactly what I would be saying.  "Hey you have been paying Kutcher all this money and he's not even on the Number One Show" ....

It's like it's coming back to bite WBTV in the butt..

You make Good Point. BBT is Number 1 Sitcom not TAAHM but we do have to remember that Johnny played a more Supporting-Recurring Guest star Role on Roseanne as he was never in the Opening credits as a regular Cast Member although he should have been as by his Third Year on the show (Rosanne Sixth Season)V He was pretty much a Regular cast Member and appeared in More Episodes then Sara in the Last four season of the show, He only appeared in a few Episodes of season 4. Ashton on the other hand was a Major Supporting Character and regular casgtmember  on That's '70s Show right from the start and became the Breakout Actor on the Show which was suppose to help Topher to stardom but instead it was Ashton who was getting all the Movie Roles and the most spotlight. By Ashton last Season on That 70s show he said to have been making more then 200,000 an episode. It been written that is why or part of why Topher  left the show. Ashton also had that show on MTV. 

• Like 1

well sadly there is a lot I'd do for 10K....but kidding aside.....they do deserve it!!!

Yes, though you can insert an interesting moral argument here, that I'm not really at all qualified to make. This situation is about what the market will support. The market doesn't do "deserves". LOL.

The solace for me is that this amount of money can enable them to choose to do some good in the world. There is an argument that over a certain margin (i think I saw $75k quoted) the additional amount of individual happiness purchased by each additional dollar of income declines. So, once they are saturated with happiness from all the $ maybe they can contribute directly to the greater good through a financial contribution to something that makes a tangible difference. This is of course in addition to the amount of intangible goodness they generate for all the viewers as part of their core business.

Giving to programs for educating women in all parts of the world is where I'd be putting my millions. And getting a really big TV. But there are only so many things you can own. I hope they do something with the money once they get it.

Bit of a manifesto I know, but one person on Wall St made more money in one year than all the teachers in New York State. I just hope he (of course it was a he) did some good somewhere with that loot. But generally rich people sit on their hoard and admire it. Like Smaug.

The USA has better tradition of private philanthropy than where I live. But then again the USA has minimum wage for tipped staff of something like $2.83/hr in many states and a fading middle class, which is where all the consumption that drives the economy takes place.

I would like to know what happens to Sheldon, and I don't want to not see Leonard and Penny again, so regardless of the above I hope they resolve this.

And I want Kerry to enjoy her taping.

• Like 2

I don't have a bad feeling about this at all... They will work something out, because this is their biggest, most popular show. They don't want to loose it. So it will be fine. I just hope it is sooner rather than later..

I don't feel bad about it.  Jim has been relaxed and just keeping busy as much as he can while things get sorted out.   Kunal seemed relaxed this morning and both Jim and Kunal along with Mayim had IG fun.  It was clear that all of them are comfortable with how things are going (well Mayim isn't involved, but still she definitely cares about her castmates and what is happening with them I am sure).   Johnny has been busy and we haven't heard from him and he doesn't have social media so we cannot comment on his mood.   Melissa just got back from a month-long shoot and probably is trying to catch up paying bills, doing laundry, cleaning house and just overall relaxing from a long hard shoot.   Kaley just got back from a shoot as well and worked long hours so she probably is trying to relax and catch up.   Simon is busy with a newborn at home and relaxing from all of the touring he did earlier and charging up for all the Comic-Con activity he has lined up already.   So so far I don't see any signs of these people nervous, upset or acting like things are not going to work itself out.  I am sure all will be revealed soon and everyone will be back in production before you know it.

• Like 2

Billy Bob for the senior Dr Hofstadter!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk[/quote

I rather like the idea of Tom Selleck as Dr Hofstadter senior. Nothing like Beverley..

• Like 1

Billy Bob for the senior Dr Hofstadter!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk[/quote

I rather like the idea of Tom Selleck as Dr Hofstadter senior. Nothing like Beverley..

Yes, but Billy Bob would be wackier...

• Like 1

Yes, but Billy Bob would be wackier...

I think I would like Billy Bob Thornton as Howard's long lost father, I see Leonard's father more as a David Hyde Pierce type.

• Like 1

Now I know how Sheldon felt in Closure Alternative...

I hope that everything will work out, but I have a bad feeling...

I see what you mean but there has to be Light at the End of the Tunnel don't you think? Eventually the two sides will have to come together and meet in the middle and reach an agreement. It can't go on forever. someone is going to have to make the final move. They will have to reach a Agreement and very soon also as they have postponed the First Table Read of the season for Two Days now and likely will be postponed a Third Day. The Longer it goes on the more Negative Press there is and The more it start to effect airdates. I hope it doesn't end up like MF and The Cast take the Production Company to Court or anything like that. The same happened with Valerie Harper. 

• Like 1

I see what you mean but there has to be Light at the End of the Tunnel don't you think? Eventually the two sides will have to come together and meet in the middle and reach an agreement. It can't go on forever. someone is going to have to make the final move. They will have to reach a Agreement and very soon also as they have postponed the First Table Read of the season for Two Days now and likely will be postponed a Third Day. The Longer it goes on the more Negative Press there is and The more it start to effect airdates. I hope it doesn't end up like MF and The Cast take the Production Company to Court or anything like that. The same happened with Valerie Harper.

One thing about going to court, those cases were renegotiations of the contracts (much as TBBT cast renegotiated after their third season). The actors had contracts and they required, by their contracts to work. In several, they refused to work, and were fired, and then they sued for getting fired, they lost. Or, they sued, by claiming the amount of money the production company was making entitled them to a larger salary, again, they mostly lost. In this case, they have no contracts, so they can't be fired for not working. While the production company is making money, they have valid contracts for those episodes. So, there is nothing for anyone to sue about (well, except for CBS suing WB for no Big Bang Theory). In almost every case, it was the production companies that won, as there were valid contracts. Interestingly, the one major case that the actors won, was in the case of "Friends". In that case, the actors contracts were over, the production company and the network wanted to continue the series, but they didn't have contracts with the actors. The network and Production Company finally agreed to actors demands, so the series could continue. Sound familiar?

• Like 4

In my experience the light at the end of the tunnel is usually an oncoming train. - I don't even want to think about the Valerie Harper case, they ended up killing off her character and changing the name of the show - the studios can play hardball - but TBBT is so enormously popular that there should be enough money coming in to make everybody happy.

• Like 1

ET is airing a segment on the cast negotiations tonight:  http://thebazingacast.co/2014/07/31/et-to-air-segment-on-the-big-bang-theory-negotiations-tonight/

A  video is included in the link above, but not sure if it is the full segment or not. It has already aired on the East Coast, but alerting other time zones to watch for it!

I just watched the ET clip on tv... According to them Jim wants more than Kaley and Johnny and while Simon and Kunal want similar salaries to the leads.... It wasn't very hopeful

I only hope now that mass media are reporting this it puts pressure to get these deals negotiated and done

Edited by kerrycec03

Well it also looks bad to have everyone making all that and then Melissa and Mayim making so little?  That seems unfair.   They have to figure out a way to work it out and honestly, all of what the press has right now is pure speculation.  The only ones who truly know what the amounts being discussed are are those sitting in the negotiations and no one else.   So I think we need to just ignore the numbers and media projected numbers at the moment.  We really don't know and they are all speculating.   Bottom line, we will find out once the deals are sealed and the studio releases that information.

I just watched the ET clip on tv... According to them Jim wants more than Kaley and Johnny and while Simon and Kunal want similar salaries to the leads.... It wasn't very hopeful

I only hope now that mass media are reporting this it puts pressure to get these deals negotiated and done

Wow that could be interesting. I would be kind of surprise if that happened but it wouldn't either in a way. If that is the truth then it could be awhile beofre tihs is figured out. Although I don't believe half the stuff ET says. 

Bottom Line is: No really one know what going on,  Who asking for what, Who want Want, etc,. Except for all those involved. 

I agree I hope the mass media does report it to put pressure to get a deal done

• Like 1

This actually makes sense, many of us had said the writers were writing the show towards the Sheldon character, so it makes sense his representatives would want the biggest piece of the pie for him.  I have been actually wondering, from the beginnning, if he was going to ask more that Johnny and Kaley, because it has happened so many times before in TV shows, where the popular character goes nuts during salary negotiations and threatens to stop working if they don't get what they want.  It got Suzanne Somers kicked off Three's Company and other actors kicked out of shows, so maybe Sheldon won't be coming home from his trip this season.  Also, if Jim gets what he wants, I could really see the family atmosphere on the set dissolving quickly, people will not like being told that Jim is bigger than the rest of them, all of the sudden, it is something like that, that usually results in the snubbed actors leaving the show for greener pastures. 

Simon and Kunal's demands seem a little high to me, they do not have the parts the other three have to demand that much.  If these five get high salaries, it will look like the girls got bought on the cheap and that could cause some problems too, maybe even in their teams suing WB for cheating them.