The actors would be stupid if they left the show over money....especially Jim. The show made them famous and without the show they would have been nobodies. As much as i love jim and the show, all this negotiation stuff is ridiculous.

I pretty much agree with this.  It would be a shame if this were to happen - I guess we will find out soon enough!  The fact that the deal couldn't get done prior to this point is troubling though.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went on a WB studio tour today. They didn't let us on the tbbt set, they said they were working. I saw them unloading the couch from a truck to put it on the set. Dors that mean good news for contract

Did anyone else catch yesterday's NCIS? When DiNozzo and Bishop raided a hotel room, The Big Bang Theory was playing on the TV. Tony heard it from outside the room and knew it was the Dungeons & D

http://www.people.com/article/big-bang-theory-close-friendships?hootPostID=07111e53d6a52e6c06393d836f525f15

Posted Images

The actors would be stupid if they left the show over money....especially Jim. The show made them famous and without the show they would have been nobodies. As much as i love jim and the show, all this negotiation stuff is ridiculous.

Well Johnny and Kaley have actually been acting for years previous to TBBT so they weren't nobodies coming in.  But I do understand your point to a certain degree especially if you compare an actor's salary with one of say a teacher, police officer or firefighter.  

But still they have a right to get what they feel they deserve and negotiations are the way to do it.  

The point is, we don't know anything, we just have to trust in everyone involved.

They are still talking, which is a good thing!

I tried the "hey, relax everyone." thing....they wouldn't go for it.

• Like 1

Let's all remember that, in all likelihood, this is the last time they'll be able to negotiate a new contract. Unless TPTB decide to string its dessicated corpse out longer, ala Two and a Half Men, I see things wrapping up by season 10 (at least, that's what I would do: go out on a high note). As such, if I were the actors, I'd try to get as much as I could while I still can. If this means getting a million dollars an episode (which will likely be insituted as a gradual increase until season 10) and a healthy cut of the back end, so be it. Warners and CBS aren't going to risk slaughtering the cash cow while it's still producing copious amounts of milk.

I would have "liked" this post, but it didn't have enough metaphors for me, come on Martin, you couldn't have squeezed in a few more?  :)

(PS: I love metaphors)

I would have "liked" this post, but it didn't have enough metaphors for me, come on Martin, you couldn't have squeezed in a few more?   :)

(PS: I love metaphors)

What can I say, it's Sunday and I'm being extremely lazy. :biggrin:

• Like 5

I honestly don't think we are going to get an update or press release until tomorrow morning.  It is past 6 pm in LA on a Sunday night and unless they are looking to do some middle of the night, 11:59 pm dramatic announcement, we may not see anything until the business week resumes tomorrow.  I hope I am wrong.

I tried the "hey, relax everyone." thing....they wouldn't go for it.

Yes, because only my spouse or mum, or medical provider can tell me that. Hehehe. But warm beverages help. I have one in hand right now. :)

Or, if you are not working, a cold beverage. LOL

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

Yes, because only my spouse or mum, or medical provider can tell me that. Hehehe. But warm beverages help. I have one in hand right now. :)

Or, if you are not working, a cold beverage. LOL

Wine.

Also tried changing the subject to something harmless and confusing...also just a little bit 'O' Humor...and Blue dogs.....imaginary hands....cloud stuff.

Did not work...Just breath and wait...this happens all the time.

Love ya!

Ki

• Like 2

This and I also don't want the season to be shortened. Which is the reason why this is bothering me (and not because I'm an idiot who thinks my life support would depend on it... just saying ;) ). And I know that right now there's lots of time to make up for the lost week or even two or whatever. I don't know how production works and I don't care. I just want my 24 episodes of TBBT!

Would they really need to cut the order, didn't Friends and other 90's sitcoms have 25 or 26 episode seasons, so they shot episodes for two weeks longer, so shouldn't TBBT not be effected unless production is delayed for more than 2 weeks.

I agree I hope its not a shorter season, or if it is, I hope season 9 will be two episodes longer to make-up for it.

Edited by wonder63

We have to remember Season 1 only had 17 Episodes because of the Writers Strike

Please! Let's never talk about the Writers Strike! That was a dark time in television. I and I'm sure many others were forced to watch Reality TV! Please never again!

Sheldon-Cooper-Remembers-The-Horror-He-W

So....   Amy, Bernadette, and Stuart in the New Threes Company... Big Bang Theory style!...     Howard went to space again...Penny and Leonard go off looking for Sheldon.  Raj has a 3 month project in India...

Meanwhile a distraught Amy moves in with Bernadette, and Stuart continues to take care of Howard's mom.   Hilarity ensues as Howard's mom thinks Stuart is having affairs with both Bernadette and Amy.. Will Wheaton stops by almost every episode to add to the fun. 

So if an announcement is to be made today (Monday) what time do you think it will be? Early or late?

No educated guesses.  It will be announced when they are ready to announce really.   Because we have no insight on where they are in the process we can't predict.