Cast, Crew, And Bbt News

stardustmelody

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So excited for the SAG and Golden Globe Nominations, looking forward to seeing them all at the ceremonies!

Will they do a FYC Campaign for these awards like they did for the Emmy's?  The Emmy campaign started out with beautiful pictures and ended up in a hilarious mug shot.

Wonder why Mayim and Melissa were not part of the interview

Maybe they simply they weren't there that day, being otherwise engaged?

Mayim for example sometimes gives lectures somewhere about neuroscience, and might miss a rehersal day.

Could be anything.

Well with the way the are stalling things I would say yes they could go pass ten years. The only question is will they lose some of the viewers due to all the stalling that is taking place.

It is a huge gamble, especially when things have been going at such a slow pace and stalled already a lot.  I think they will lose viewers and they must know that.   I see this season as a transitional one where they are going to have to end it with a future direction for the next three years because otherwise if they stay going this slow continually so that they can try for seasons beyond 10, they may find there is no one watching to renew beyond 10 seasons.  Likewise, many actors on the team have said they thought they could go for 10 seasons, but none sounded overly excited to think beyond 10 seasons.  I think the three-years is a great deal for them, but by the end of 10 seasons, they all may be ready to call it quits and move on. 

Most Watched 100 TV Shows:  http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/18/100-most-watched-shows-on-broadcast-tv/

Edited by stardustmelody

It is a huge gamble, especially when things have been going at such a slow pace and stalled already a lot.  I think they will lose viewers and they must know that.   I see this season as a transitional one where they are going to have to end it with a future direction for the next three years because otherwise if they stay going this slow continually so that they can try for seasons beyond 10, they may find there is no one watching to renew beyond 10 seasons.  Likewise, many actors on the team have said they thought they could go for 10 seasons, but none sounded overly excited to think beyond 10 seasons.  I think the three-years is a great deal for them, but by the end of 10 seasons, they all may be ready to call it quits and move on. 

Most Watched 100 TV Shows:  http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/18/100-most-watched-shows-on-broadcast-tv/

And 10 years in the same show, while it has happened, is a long time for an actor to continue in the same role.  I'd think 10 years would be enough for them (they sure won't be young kids anymore in terms of the plot line - I mean, would Leonard STILL be sharing an apartment with Sheldon when he is 41 years old)?

What I found interesting about the deadline article was saying that NBC paid 7 million per episode for the licensing rights for Friends.   If you consider the six main actors got 1,000,000 per episode, that only leaves one million for everyone else, per episode, including profit for the producers.

If we look at the prediction that J/J/K are going to get one million eventually, Mayim and Melissa getting 100k eventually, and figuring around 400k for Kunal and Simon, again eventually, up from the reported 100-150k (note I am not commenting on the disparity of salaries between cast members.  Nor are any of the amounts accurate, they are estimates, so, with those disclaimers,and remembering I'm talking about the end of the contract, year 10) let's move on), we can figure the costs.  With those figures, the cost for the actors, per episode, is right around 4 million (3 at one million, 2 at 400k, and 2 at 100k).    Even allowing two million for other production costs and profit, that put the licensing fee right around 6 million.  

Now, with a rough estimate for the cost, of the series for CBS, 24 episodes at 6 million an episode, would cost CBS 144 million for the year.    I'll note that CBS is charging ~325,000 for a 30 second ad spot.  With a twenty minute run time and a 31 minute time slot, you get 7.15 million per show, and over 31 episodes (remember, while they only produce 24 a year, last year they ran seven repeats for a total of 31 shows).  So the show brings in which is right around 221 million.   That's a gross of about 77 million a year.  

If the licensing agreement goes to 7 million, the cost, for the series, would rise to 168 million, reducing the gross for CBS to 53 million.  I know, poor babies.

Of course, the producers get a lot of their money from the backend.  Syndication, product licensing, etc.  The actors themselves may also negotiate a part of that.  J/J/K reportedly got syndication money when they renegotiated their contracts back in 2010.  

I hope this news is true, but how reliable is that site?

Anyone have any experience with it?

If true, I think they can plan ahead, and maybe give us something good as a season ending, so we have a reason to tune in again for season 8.

Because I am bored.....

It's an older video, but astronaut Mike Massimo, who appeared as himself at the end of season 5 for the "Wolowitz went into space" arc arranged for a Skype on set

between The Big Bang Theory Cast and Crew and astronaut Joe Acaba (who is a fan on the show) while Joe was on the International Space Station, pretty cool:

TV Guide Top 25 TV Episodes of 2013

16. "The Love Spell Potential," The Big Bang Theory

Big Bang manages to exceed fans' expectations with its long-awaited Dungeons & Dragons episode when the role-playing game takes an unexpected turn. In between the

riotous fun and games — featuring Dungeon Master Wolowitz's impeccable Nicolas Cage impression — the show finds a creative, organic and hilarious way to address

Sheldon and Amy's lack of intimacy and slowly advance their quirky relationship after Penny jokes about their D&D characters having sex since it "won't happen any timesoon" in real life. "Before I met you, I never had any interest in being intimate with anyone," Sheldon says. "[And now] I have not ruled it out. ... For me, what we

have is extremely intimate." When Amy asks her socially awkward beau for "more," he gets intimate in the only way he knows how and can right now: simulating sex via

their D&D characters. Nerdy has never looked so sexy.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/2013-Best-Episodes-20-16-Vampire-Diaries-Big-Bang-1074948.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=huffposttv&profileid=breaking