Cast, Crew, And Bbt News

stardustmelody

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WG people seem to have no respect for BBT.

They only like edgy stuff and non-broadcast network stuff it seems.   It is really frustrating for fans because they want to see their favorites at these things, not something that happens to be the latest trend in Hollywood.   UGH!

I agree they really don't recognize the amount of skill it takes to pull off stories like they do at BBT that continually surprise fans and also pace things so that you continue to have story to tell and not get old.  BBT has done something Hollywood hasn't seen (get larger number and increases as years go on vs. fade in numbers).   So you think they would stand up and listen!  But I swear it seems these organizations love turnover.

With Two and a Half Men ending on February 19th, CBS has set a new schedule for Thursday nights starting February 26th

CBS comedy shakeup: As of 2/26, new schedule for Thursday

8--Big Bang Theory

8:30-- Odd Couple (debuts 2/19)

9--Big Bang rerun

9:30--Mom

Details from The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-sets-two-a-men-754327

With Two and a Half Men ending on February 19th, CBS has set a new schedule for Thursday nights starting February 26th

Joe Adalian@TVMoJoe 2m2 minutes ago

CBS comedy shakeup: As of 2/26, new schedule for Thursday

8--Big Bang Theory

8:30-- Odd Couple (debuts 2/19)

9--Big Bang rerun

9:30--Mom

Details from The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-sets-two-a-men-754327

So sounds like Mike & Molly will stay at Monday's at 830p..

This won't be good for Mom as NBC is moving Blacklist to Thurs/9p in Feb... And then you have Scandal too...

Edited by kerrycec03

SAG Award Nominations are announced tomorrow (Wednesday 12/10).

Scott Feinberg of The Hollywood Reporter is picking TBBT, Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik as frontrunners in each of their categories...Comedy Ensemble. Comedy Actor and Comedy Actress.

The SAG Awards does not have a Television Supporting Actress category, but he is predicting Mayim to get nominated along with some other very heavy hitters that are the female comedy leads on their shows..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/awards/predictions/sag/2015/sag-1282014/

Scott Feinberg
-
Lead Awards Analyst

Scott’s picks will be updated each week leading up to the Oscars. He has been forecasting the Oscars since 2001 and has one of the strongest track records of all awards pundits at doing so. (His best showings came in 2006 and 2013, when he correctly called 21 out of 24 winners.)

SAG Award Nominations are announced tomorrow (Wednesday 12/10).

Scott Feinberg of The Hollywood Reporter is picking TBBT, Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik as frontrunners in each of their categories...Comedy Ensemble. Comedy Actor and Comedy Actress.

The SAG Awards does not have a Television Supporting Actress category, but he is predicting Mayim to get nominated along with some other very heavy hitters that are the female comedy leads on their shows..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/awards/predictions/sag/2015/sag-1282014/

Scott Feinberg
-
Lead Awards Analyst

Scott’s picks will be updated each week leading up to the Oscars. He has been forecasting the Oscars since 2001 and has one of the strongest track records of all awards pundits at doing so. (His best showings came in 2006 and 2013, when he correctly called 21 out of 24 winners.)

This would be so wonderful if his predictions came true! God, how I would love to see them all nominated and win--the show, Jim, AND Mayim!  That would be so tremendous, truly!

Edited by Deb Ranquist

not surprised, this is what I expected. 

The actress in a comedy category is a strange assortment

Sorry, I am so done with Amy Poehler on Parks & Rec.  More suprising is how Allison Janey didn't get a nomination.  I find her on Mom fantastic.  I also am not a fan of Julia Louis Dreyfus (personally she irritates me). 

I really would love the show to win.  I'm sick of Modern Family (love the show but the last two seasons haven't been great)....This time has come dammit!!!

Maybe this year at the Globes. 

Edited by kerrycec03

I swear...I really hope the Globes at least doesn't reward OITNB....in the comedy categories.  It is, hands down, a great show.  Love it, but its a drama.  Yes, there are funny moments, but its heavy duty drama, plain & simple!!

They used to call that a "dramedy." The only reason OITNB is barging its way into the comedy categories is because they're finding it difficult to get traction anywhere else, so they probably figure that the comedy categories are easy pickings. When things like that happen, I almost wish for Modern Family to win for the umpteenth time, just to thwart OITNB's category hijacking. :p

Edited by Martin Pollard

Does anybody know how long the cast are in the studio for table read Wednesdays?

I take it they just have the script read and nothing else?

Just curious as I know the following days they are in the studio most of the day

It depends.  If there are special costume needs, or special things they need to do, they use the time after the table read for that, or if the director want to check some things they'll start on it.  Fittings (think of the Christmas Fashion show), instruction,  (think of Sheldon learning to use the Theremin), fight instruction (think of Penny and Alicia), prosthetics (think of the fat suits), etc.    Also,  they don't spend as much time in the studio as you would think.  In one interview, Ty Burrell was talking about getting out of  the studio in about six hours on a normal day, then said he wanted Johnny's schedule.  Johnny's comment was "Yeah, we have to be careful about who gets our schedule", indicating that they work less than 6 hours a day, normally.   Part of it is having the same director most of the time, part of it is how prepared they come in.  Of course the other production departments (props, sets, etc) use the time after the table read to start getting everything ready.  

So sad for Mayim  :icon_cry:  I thought she had a chance since the previous nomination, but well, I hope she get to win some award someday. She really deserves it. But hey I'm very happy for Jim and the entire cast!

I can't believe Mayim didn't get nominated!  This is so upsetting.  She just gets better with each season, in my opinion.  I'll be glad if Jim and the show win, but I will still be disappointed that Mayim didn't get a nomination, very disappointed.  

I swear...I really hope the Globes at least doesn't reward OITNB....in the comedy categories.  It is, hands down, a great show.  Love it, but its a drama.  Yes, there are funny moments, but its heavy duty drama, plain & simple!!

I agree.  I'll be some ticked if OITNB wins it!  It irritates me every time I see it nominated in the category of comedy, on any award show!  It's not right, that's for sure!   :icon_frown: