Cast, Crew, And Bbt News

stardustmelody

I watch the show with my sons, 10 and 12, and think it's a fabulous show to watch with kids. Yes, there's sex talk, but sex is part of life. And there's so much good stuff to foster discussion: friends who care about each other and accept each other despite their flaws; relationships ranging from "friends with benefits" to "intimate but no sex" to "friends with an ex" (and now back together and engaged) to married to conventional dating; there's no tolerance of cheating or degradation of women or non-consensual sex, unlike a heck of a lot of other shows/movies/music/books in our culture.

There's lots more I like about the show for my kids, but above all it's funny and we laugh. And really, who do you want your kids learning what a condom or marijuana on an STD is? It gets mentioned on the show, my kids ask, I answer--sometimes throwing in my own ethics--and it's dropped and we move on. Much better than false info from peers or the lure of "forbidden fruit" I say.

And I personally would much rather my kids watch a (overall respectful, non-violent) show like TBBT than the mindless pap with vacuous characters on channels designed for kids and Tweens. My views, your mileage my vary of course. :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Director Mark Cendrowski did a Q and A at his alma mater The University of Michigan on Friday (2/20/15)

The Michigan Daily did a story about his visit:  http://www.michigandaily.com/arts/02mark-cendrowski-event-cover23

It’s an actual dream for what any director goes through,” Cendrowski said. “To (be) on a hit show that is funny, that people still talk about, that wins awards, it’s got all the elements. And, there’s nice people. There’s no prima donnas on the show. They have been friends since the beginning; they support one another; they’re there for one another and they’re professional. There’s nothing more you can ask for.”

B-U2RfZIAAAs1t-.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I'd consider TBBT to be a "Family" TV show, and it's a bit odd seeing it nominated for "Kids Choice" awards. There's definitely a lot of inappropriate content not meant for children!

It is not considered family in Canada. It shows a rating of 14+ on my VOD.

Looks like Gotham is also put in the family category. My 17 year old watches it and I'd definitely not call it family.

To be called family I'd think a show would have a family theme. I'm thinking shows like

Home Improvement, Family Ties, Malcolm in the Middle, Everyone Loves Raymond, The Waltons, Heartland (still in production), The Wonder Years, Diff’rent Strokes, Family Matters, Happy Days

and I guess one could throw in something like Smallville but Gothum is too dark and violent and TBBT has an adult theme.

The only family oriented show I see on this list is Modern Family.

Edited by djsurrey

I'm assuming the IG account @tbbtscript is fake? It claims to be a writers account, and they seem to have lots of on-set photos... BUT it seems fishy. They posted one shot of an audience yesterday saying it was a taping. Someone questioned them saying they thought tapings were Tuesdays and the account owner responded that no, they tape on Thursdays. They also claim Mayim is following them, which she is not!

I'm calling them out on it, but hoping that it really is fake!

Kunal called out the person behind the fake Simon account... maybe he'll eventually find this one and call them out on it too. I found the account because they kept posting links in the comments under the actors' posts. That was my first hint that it was fishy!

Though still not sure where they got some of the photos - there's a few that I hadn't seen before on IG or twitter.

Kunal called out the person behind the fake Simon account... maybe he'll eventually find this one and call them out on it too. I found the account because they kept posting links in the comments under the actors' posts. That was my first hint that it was fishy!

Though still not sure where they got some of the photos - there's a few that I hadn't seen before on IG or twitter.

The bbtscript ig is the fake Simon account. They just changed the name after Kunal put them on blast.

This is from the comments section of the post where Kunal called out the fake account.

In other news, don't forget that Jim is on Fallon tonight.

Oh my gosh, I'm glad I saw this just now! I had totally forgotten and the show had just started (I was watching Better Call Saul!)

Whew!

Jim's segment is done on The Tonight Show and Jimmy brought up the impersonation he did of Jim from the 2013 Christmas episode Saturday Night Live and they also played Catchphrase.

And below is Jim playing Catchphrase with Jimmy, Miles Teller and Wiz Khalifa and hopefully his interview will be uploaded.

Edited by JoeSal90

Jim's segment is done on The Tonight Show and Jimmy brought up the impersonation he did of Jim from the 2013 Christmas episode Saturday Night Live and they also played Catchphrase.

And below is Jim playing Catchphrase with Jimmy, Miles Teller and Wiz Khalifa and hopefully his interview will be uploaded.

Jim did a lot better than Sheldon could have.

well isn't Mayim speaking in Vegas tonight?  SO if she comes back to LA tonight, it will be late.  If not, she may return early tomorrow AM. 

And Jim is probably exhausted.....he has been on the go non-stop for a week now.  Figured he took an early flight out today to get back to LA.

So neither of them might be up for it since its tomorrow night, and its only a table read tomorrow. 

But that's me speculating.