Cast, Crew, And Bbt News

stardustmelody

News for Garfunkel and Oates' show( Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci). It starts production this week. Fred Savage has signed on as director/executive producer. In the "it's a small world category" Savage played Danica McKellar's (who's also appeared on TBBT)

character's boyfriend in "The Wonder Years".

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 2

News for Garfunkel and Oates' show( Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci). It starts production this week. Fred Savage has signed on as director/executive producer. In the "it's a small world category" Savage played Danica McKellar's (who's also appeared on TBBT)

character's boyfriend in "The Wonder Years".

We still call her Winnie Cooper. That show had one of the best TV soundtracks ever but it's also the reason music licensing has impeded it's DVD release.

• Like 1

We still call her Winnie Cooper. That show had one of the best TV soundtracks ever but it's also the reason music licensing has impeded it's DVD release.

It's the bane of a lot of TV-to-DVD projects. MTV's Daria was held up for years because they couldn't get the music rights; in the end, they licensed a handful of songs and replaced the rest with "sounds similar" subtitute music, which had (for the most part) very little impact on the show. Not so with WKRP in Cincinnati, whose DVD release was so butchered by the removal and replacement of its music (a key element to the success of the show) that fans stayed away in droves, and no further seasons of the show were released. Some scenes even had to be removed because they couldn't easily replace the music. It was a total fuster cluck.

• Like 1

It's the bane of a lot of TV-to-DVD projects. MTV's Daria was held up for years because they couldn't get the music rights; in the end, they licensed a handful of songs and replaced the rest with "sounds similar" subtitute music, which had (for the most part) very little impact on the show. Not so with WKRP in Cincinnati, whose DVD release was so butchered by the removal and replacement of its music (a key element to the success of the show) that fans stayed away in droves, and no further seasons of the show were released. Some scenes even had to be removed because they couldn't easily replace the music. It was a total fuster cluck.

I'd forgotten about WKRP my husband wanted that one but not after we heard about the "substitution" solution.  They did the same with The Wonder Years "special" release but the original songs were so relevant to the story in each episode that no "sound alike" could do them justice.  I just wish we hadn't taped over those WY episodes.  :crying:

Edited by dessertisserved

I'd forgotten about WKRP my husband wanted that one but not after we heard about the "substitution" solution.  They did the same with The Wonder Years "special" release but the original songs were so relevant to the story in each episode that no "sound alike" could do them justice.  I just wish we hadn't taped over those WY episodes.  :crying:

I know what you mean. I taped every episode of Daria, and still have dreams of going back and mating the original audio with the pristine DVD video. :) It's just a very time-consuming process, especially when you're talking about 65 episodes and two TV movies. Combine that with authoring them into new DVDs, and you're talking a lot of time and effort that, quite frankly, would be put to better use on other things. But, who knows...

Edited by Martin Pollard
  • Like 2

Never seen it, but can't make out all books.

Raj:  Eat, Pray, Love

Amy: Smart Women, Foolish Choices

Leonard: Brief history of time by Stephen Hawking

Sheldon: something about sarcasm.

• Like 1

Never seen it, but can't make out all books.

Raj:  Eat, Pray, Love

Amy: Smart Women, Foolish Choices

Leonard: Brief history of time by Stephen Hawking

Sheldon: something about sarcasm.

Howard's looks like "Portnoy's Complaint" by Philip Roth

TBBT renewed thru Season 10 - guess that settles the question about whether it will go 10 seasons.  3 more years to wait for the Lenny wedding - hah!

No way the Lenny wedding is gonna be postponed untill then, probably their babies are.

The Shamy wedding could happen in s10 to make Amy's schedule come true.

TBBT renewed thru Season 10 - guess that settles the question about whether it will go 10 seasons.  3 more years to wait for the Lenny wedding - hah!

You know the same thought crossed my mind about Leonard and Penny's wedding and everything else about their relationship gets pushed back even farther.  Sometimes I feel like a snail makes more movement than Leonard and Penny do and to think we are getting closer and closer to season eight.

Edited by ArmyGirl

They may have Penny's career be a focus for more of S8 to help extend the time out so I don't think it will be a bad thing, but definitely might change the couple's priorities slightly to accommodate her acting career.   I do think they may be working on keeping Shamy on track for early S10 wedding though because I a stunned how far they moved them even in this one season.   They might start having Amy back off for a period of time to buy them more time as well.  I would love to see them focus all of the characters a bit more on their careers in general as a means to still keep couples happy and together, yet create some challenges and interest.

I still would like more family stuff coming up as well and I really want to see the whole gang go on another road trip (Like The Love Car).  Camping or going to a foreign country where they could get in all kinds of predicaments would be fun. :girlwink:

• Like 3