The Big Bang Theory Forums

Sheldon is honest with Penny, she just coasts through life and gets by on her looks. He challenges her, fires her up and she needs that so much. Also he's such a smart ass but for all his intellect, she still manages to win. He thinks only a high IQ matters in life but he has so much to learn about that. She thick skinned and can handle him, she's strong and kind. This is how I feel but obviously it's not happening on the show. Yet I still think it would have been amazing.

I'm sorry but you are seeing what you want to see.  Leonard provides all the intellectual help she needs, plus he does it better than Sheldon.  Sheldon couldn't even teach her a little bit of physics, he made her memorize like a monkey and he even has called her a monkey before and she knows it, he does not have any respect for her intellectually.  Plus Leonard knows how to work with her, wihout being an asshole or smart ass.  But here is the thing about the show you forget, each character has a certain impact in the show, Sheldon is Sheldon with all his ways and Penny is passionate, they all serve a purpose in the show, all of them, even the Leonard you hate.  For Sheldon to be the man Penny wants, it would destroy the Sheldon character, he would not be Sheldon anymore and not funny, it would ruin the show.  The Penny character in the show would not put up with the crap Amy does.   Remeber it is a comedy, fanfiction is mostly drama, that is why some Shenny's like it, but Penny and Sheldon being romantically involved is not funny.  Sheldon and Penny acting like brother/sister or mother/son is funny and Leonard and Penny taking care of him is funny.  So Sheldon and Penny does not work in this comedy.

• Like 4

No no no no. My friend, this will be a bloodbath within a pond of effluent. This will also go on for ever, and ever, and evermore, until we are all decrepit and ancient fools. Did you not just state there is no arguing with preference? Nobody will ever turn anybody, ever. What we need to do is work out the common non-romantic grounds, and have a pleasant argument about that. Bring in romance and you may as well issue Kalashnikovs to people. No more goddamn romantic arguments, please, I beg you. People love what they love.

I'm hoping people who love the show can show the love by showing restraint. We know the core viewpoints but sometimes clarity comes from outside. If it gets too bloody then kill it by neglect not by the sword.

Its not a free fire zone.

I'm going to give this a try. Since the Pilot episode there seems to me there has been a Lenny ship. There's been ups and downs through the  6 years and now they have settled into being a couple. Many Lennys wish things were further along than they are. But we have endured. What many others including myself don't understand is the other ship has not endured as much as we have. The Molaro article gotten some people into a tizzy. It certainly didn't shed anything good on the Lenny but I haven't really seen any fellow Lennys complaining about the article.

No need for Lennys to complain. The comments were from Steve Molaro, the admitted "Lenny King". He flat out said that romantic Shenny is not going to happend but that Sheldon and Penny will get closer as friends. That can be interpreted as Amy not being the primary comforter in Sheldon's life. I can see how Shamys would feel short changed.

I'm sorry but you are seeing what you want to see.  Leonard provides all the intellectual help she needs, plus he does it better than Sheldon.  Sheldon couldn't even teach her a little bit of physics, he made her memorize like a monkey and he even has called her a monkey before and she knows it, he does not have any respect for her intellectually.  Plus Leonard knows how to work with her, wihout being an asshole or smart ass.  But here is the thing about the show you forget, each character has a certain impact in the show, Sheldon is Sheldon with all his ways and Penny is passionate, they all serve a purpose in the show, all of them, even the Leonard you hate.  For Sheldon to be the man Penny wants, it would destroy the Sheldon character, he would not be Sheldon anymore and not funny, it would ruin the show.  The Penny character in the show would not put up with the crap Amy does.   Remeber it is a comedy, fanfiction is mostly drama, that is why some Shenny's like it, but Penny and Sheldon being romantically involved is not funny.  Sheldon and Penny acting like brother/sister or mother/son is funny and Leonard and Penny taking care of him is funny.  So Sheldon and Penny does not work in this comedy.

That is a very good point.  If one had to rearrange a character to fit them into a relationship then it would lose something along the way.  For me, it was established early on that Penny and Leonard are the parents of Sheldon and he pretty much accepts that and I think he enjoys that. 

I think in Season 7, at least the premiere is more about Sheldon and Penny bonding over a common problem - missing Leonard.  I do not think it should be any cause for either Lennys or Shamys to think there is anything to feel bad about.

Optimism at it's finest..

• Like 1

i not agree.

I think sheldon is the heart of the show, without him and the amazing actor jim parsons noone would ever gonna watch the show... sheldon is what makes the caracters together, what makes the show so succesful as she is....

for me sheldon and amy are perfect, better that penny and leonard, because penny is always mocking leonard, she is mean and cold to leonards feelings... leonard told her that he loves her and she went away, she dated other guys watching leonard suffering...

Actually, Penny was shown dating only one guy after parting from Leonard, Zack and that was short lived. Leonard slept with, Dr. Plimpton, Penny, Mrs. Latham, Priya and Joy. He almost slept with Penny again in "Love Car Displacement" and Alice the comic book girl.

Penny was doing all the suffering on screen during season 4 and the first half of season 5, drinking too much and crying to Amy and Bernadette about Leonard having moved on to other women.

Leonard and Penny are the same thing over and over. One of them gets insecure, or jealous, then it's the other one's turn. And Penny is miserably unhappy and it's so obvious to fans of the character! She tries to put on a smile but it shows! She has been doing the same thing for 6 years. Completely stagnating and every time she tries to get out, there is just a big competition with Leonard and it fails. He doesn't bring out the best in her. She used to be the heart of the show, she cared about everyone and helped everyone. Now everyone is just waiting for the day when she realizes she has no other avenue open to her but to marry Leonard. I can't even imagine her as his wife. Penny is not going to be happy just being a wife, it's not what her character is all about but I know this is all they have planned for her. I find it depressing.

I only beleive what I am shown and hear on the screen and I don't remember any of this stated. So that comes down to a personal interpretation, not canon.

• Like 1

coming out of the exile just to say:

I SHIP HOWARD/PENNY BECAUSE THEY ARE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER, THEY HAVE THE BIGGEST CHEMISTRY AND THEY'RE SO SEXY TOGETHER OMG!

IF YOU WANT OPPOSITES ATTRACT THERE IS NOTHING MORE OPPOSITE THAN THOSE TWO, THEY ARE ENDGAME I TELL YA,. ENDGAME

don't laugh so much. Buffy and Spike for instance. The horror. :)

eta. but I watched as the building fell

Lol.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Sheldon is honest with Penny, she just coasts through life and gets by on her looks. He challenges her, fires her up and she needs that so much. Also he's such a smart ass but for all his intellect, she still manages to win. He thinks only a high IQ matters in life but he has so much to learn about that. She thick skinned and can handle him, she's strong and kind. This is how I feel but obviously it's not happening on the show. Yet I still think it would have been amazing.

The show has related to us that Penny is extremely fragile emotionally. The point that is demonstrated over and over since the second season is she feels insecure about being with such an accomplished man. The reason given to her character for why she stays (and breaks up with Leonard) is he is the one who makes her get in touch with her inner feelings about her life. And Leonard and Bernadette are the only ones whose opinions matter to her. Every other man she has been with has treated her as disposable. Leonard is the first to think she is special.

Penny has been called a loser, a slut, a monkey, a freeloader and worse by Sheldon. She just lets it roll off her like pistol shots to a battleship. She does not need to have anyone let her know what has been her station in life. Her own father reminds her of that. Leonard actually listens to her daily stories about the goings on at the Cheese Cake Factory. He tells her she is smart and laughs at her jokes. He has confronted her brutish boyfriend three times, the last time getting the $1800 back that Sheldon loaned her. He has paid her rent and fed her even when they were not a couple, to the amazement of Howard and Raj.

If Leonard even hints at a criticism, such as helping her with continuing her education, she will explode. He has insulted her only once, during their platonic date, and he was quick to apologize. She seems convinced that there must be something wrong with Leonard as she sees women who make her feel like a "toothless Oakie" come into his life yet he always ends up waiting for her, as he is now for her marriage proposal. As she has said several times during the 6th season, Leonard makes her happy and he is her real "passion". Plus, he is a bed-breaking, Junior rodeo "Yee-waw" making, and Google Genius shaking, sex partner who always gives it his best try. He must have a great success rate since she has gone to him twice for sex when they were not dating.

Even if Penny had other choices, what we have been presented indicates she would choose Leonard. You can say that's not realist but that's what we see each episode so we either take that as gospel or just complain about the powers that be not giving us something else.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 3

Guest DroneInTheSun

No need for Lennys to complain. The comments were from Steve Molaro, the admitted "Lenny King". He flat out said that romantic Shenny is not going to happend but that Sheldon and Penny will get closer as friends. That can be interpreted as Amy not being the primary comforter in Sheldon's life. I can see how Shamys would feel short changed.

Yes, exactly. Sheldon and Amy's relationship is based on the fact that "she's more similar to me than anyone I've ever met" and that she's literally the only person in the world to get him (cf. Counterfactuals, Fun With Flags, the fact that she finds the RelAg "so romantic", their experiments no one see the point of but them... etc.) Even Leonard, who is his best friend, doesn't have the same level of understanding Sheldon (remember when he says the reason he never takes Sheldon's side is that "I never understand your side!!!") But Amy does, and Sheldon gets her too, like he doesn't get anyone else.

But lately, they've been taking that away. Once more, it's not just about the interview or the S/P undertones. Ever since 6x15 (with the exception of 6x16) and even in 6x10 (a lot of Shamies loved Fish Guts but I hated it. Past the initial moment when Sheldon turns in the hallway because "you're my girlfriend and I care about your well being", both Sheldon and Amy became despicable. I love the Team Shamy, not the Shamy At Odds That Lies And Takes Saliva Without Consent), the Shamy has been off. Amy finds the RelAg "stupid", then they keep Amy away from Fun With Flags and make the webcast with Penny reek of creepy sexual undertones, then Sheldon complains about hand holding even though he was the first to do it in 5x24, then Sheldon doesn't pick up on her offering of a hug even though she hugged him in 6x14, then he finds their date nights "tedious" even though he was the one to create them in the first place, then he wishes she were dead and say I love you to another woman when he's never said it to Amy. It's like every little thing that made us Shamy shipper squee, they took away in a heartbeat. Just like that, without any other reason than wanting to drag it along. When you watch S4/S5 Shamy and compare it to S6 Shamy, the difference is striking and makes NO SENSE. 

And now that Leonard is gone, it's baffling that TPTB didn't even think that after having D&D sex, the next logical step would have been for the Shamy to grow closer. They made more progress in the first few months of their relationship than they did during the entirety of S6, and now they're giving everything Amy was created for to Penny. Once again, Lennies won't think that it's much of a deal because L/P's relationship has a sexual dimension and as long as S/P isn't kissing, it's not cheating. But S/A's doesn't have that dimension. All S/A has is emotional closeness. But now they're giving that over to someone else. So yes, S6 has slowly destroyed the Shamy, and S7 isn't looking much better.

And once again, Chrismo, THIS ISN'T A COMPETITION TO KNOW WHAT GROUP OF SHIPPERS HAD TO WAIT LONGER. Just because it took six years for L/P to be strong and solid doesn't mean we as Shamy shippers don't have a right to hate what is being done to our ship. And I really don't want to play the comparison game because it is dumb and pointless, but your ship is the primary ship of the show and you have about ten times more material than we do. Sheldon and Amy only ever kissed TWICE for cod's sake, and one of those kisses lasted half a second. I think it's time TPTB think again and realise it's high time to make things better. The Love Spell Potential was an amazing surprise, but if they don't follow up, it wont hold much weight in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 4

I agree. This will not end well...

It may even turn into something like the ''I'm sick of Sheldon!'' thread, and we don't want that now, do we?

I don't have the time to answer all the posts directed at my messages. I reply to one person and then everyone suddenly signs on. LOL! Besides I don't think people change their minds even if I explain what I feel about shenny. 

SCAM - I do not hate any character on this show. Just because I don't think they bring out the best in each other doesn't mean I hate any of them. 

I see some shamy's are disappointed by the interview but I don't think they have much to worry about. The shennys I have been talking are too not convinced there will be any real service to the Sheldon and Penny friendship. Personally, I think this time is all about Leonard and his importance to the group. So it's Leonard's day in a way. 

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Like 2

I see some shamy's are disappointed by the interview but I don't think they have much to worry about. The shennys I have been talking too not convinced there will be any real service to the Sheldon and Penny friendship. Personally, I think this time is all about Leonard and his importance to the group. So it's Leonard's day in a way. 

Indeed! We should celebrate this by not adjusting the thermostat, not having breakfast in bed and not sitting where we want. We must also purchase a crappy card for ourselves. Huzzah for Leonard's Day! The most miserable day of the year!

• Like 3

It's like every little thing that made us Shamy shipper squee, they took away in a heartbeat. Just like that, without any other reason than wanting to drag it along. When you watch S4/S5 Shamy and compare it to S6 Shamy, the difference is striking and makes NO SENSE. 

And now that Leonard is gone, it's baffling that TPTB didn't even think that after having D&D sex, the next logical step would have been for the Shamy to grow closer. They made more progress in the first few months of their relationship than they did during the entirety of S6, and now they're giving everything Amy was created for to Penny. Once again, Lennies won't think that it's much of a deal because L/P's relationship has a sexual dimension and as long as S/P isn't kissing, it's not cheating. But S/A's doesn't have that dimension. All S/A has is emotional closeness. But now they're giving that over to someone else. So yes, S6 has slowly destroyed the Shamy, and S7 isn't looking much better.

I think it's time TPTB think again and realize it's high time to make things better. The Love Spell Potential was an amazing surprise, but if they don't follow up, it wont hold much weight in the grand scheme of things.

TPTB have a problem that they can't easily solve. There is a portion of the fan base that thinks TBBT is about geek life, Science and the social clumsiness of the four guys and relationships with women is intrusive. The symbol of this point of view is Sheldon.

The creators of the show had relationships with women as a central theme from the very beginning but Sheldon seemed to be apart from this until Amy was created. Now they want to satisfy two growing divergent camps and they ran into big trouble in season 6. As you said, they wanted to slow things down with S/A and they did it by regressing Sheldon's character than having him take social leaps then fall back again. At this point,  he has neither camp happy and I don't think they can continue this in season 7.

Having him bond with Penny as his mother figure would only be another delaying action for the Shamy and really does not make any sense at all.

• Like 1

Having him bond with Penny as his mother figure would only be another delaying action for the Shamy and really does not make any sense at all.

Jim Parsons is almost 40, so I hope they don't do this mother figure angle again. Although, it didn't do Howard and Bernie any harm. She's totally a surrogate mother. ;)

• Like 2

I agree. This will not end well...

It may even turn into something like the ''I'm sick of Sheldon!'' thread, and we don't want that now, do we?

I agree with you. Lets strive for that And extinguish Speckermans by not feeding them. If this gets fully hectic Tripper can wave the mighty wand and make it disappear. It's all about choice and value. But the blue hats are regrettable, to my mind.

• Like 1

My ships:

Sheldon and Beverly: Sheverly, a slightly flirtatious relationship, nothing serious. Never anything serious for Sheldon in my view.

Jim Parsons and Craig Ferguson: ....Farsons? Jraig? Jimguson? Forget it.

Leonard and Stephanie

Sheldon and Penny as FRIENDS

Sheldon and Amy as FRIENDS

Howard and Raj, or possibly Raj ans Stuart.

Crim or Perguson is also my ship, but I suppose there can be two of us poncing about on deck. You take starboard I'll take larboard.

Concerning the show, I like the CONCEPT, the CONCEPT (ie, with no regard for their previous behaviour towards each other, and taking the characters as isolate individuals, floating around in a plot-less episode-less universe) of;

Sheldon/Penny

Sheldon/WHEAAATON!

Sheldon/Leonard

I like Sheldon/Beverly as well, but I fear she might be a trifle violent with the poor chap, so perhaps not...

Ideally, everyone should bugger off and leave Sheldon alone, in my opinion.

Of the canon couples, I find Howard and Bernie very convincing. And charming.

Ah! And Mary Cooper and Gablehauser! "Aren't you sweet, his father's dead"

And Kripke and....er...Kripke?

Edited by Count Wally de Honk
  • Like 1

Yes, exactly. Sheldon and Amy's relationship is based on the fact that "she's more similar to me than anyone I've ever met" and that she's literally the only person in the world to get him (cf. Counterfactuals, Fun With Flags, the fact that she finds the RelAg "so romantic", their experiments no one see the point of but them... etc.) Even Leonard, who is his best friend, doesn't have the same level of understanding Sheldon (remember when he says the reason he never takes Sheldon's side is that "I never understand your side!!!") But Amy does, and Sheldon gets her too, like he doesn't get anyone else.

But lately, they've been taking that away. Once more, it's not just about the interview or the S/P undertones. Ever since 6x15 (with the exception of 6x16) and even in 6x10 (a lot of Shamies loved Fish Guts but I hated it. Past the initial moment when Sheldon turns in the hallway because "you're my girlfriend and I care about your well being", both Sheldon and Amy became despicable. I love the Team Shamy, not the Shamy At Odds That Lies And Takes Saliva Without Consent), the Shamy has been off. Amy finds the RelAg "stupid", then they keep Amy away from Fun With Flags and make the webcast with Penny reek of creepy sexual undertones, then Sheldon complains about hand holding even though he was the first to do it in 5x24, then Sheldon doesn't pick up on her offering of a hug even though she hugged him in 6x14, then he finds their date nights "tedious" even though he was the one to create them in the first place, then he wishes she were dead and say I love you to another woman when he's never said it to Amy. It's like every little thing that made us Shamy shipper squee, they took away in a heartbeat. Just like that, without any other reason than wanting to drag it along. When you watch S4/S5 Shamy and compare it to S6 Shamy, the difference is striking and makes NO SENSE. 

And once again, Chrismo, THIS ISN'T A COMPETITION TO KNOW WHAT GROUP OF SHIPPERS HAD TO WAIT LONGER. Just because it took six years for L/P to be strong and solid doesn't mean we as Shamy shippers don't have a right to hate what is being done to our ship. And I really don't want to play the comparison game because it is dumb and pointless, but your ship is the primary ship of the show and you have about ten times more material than we do. Sheldon and Amy only ever kissed TWICE for cod's sake, and one of those kisses lasted half a second. I think it's time TPTB think again and realise it's high time to make things better. The Love Spell Potential was an amazing surprise, but if they don't follow up, it wont hold much weight in the grand scheme of things.

I agree with almost everything you say. Now that said, TPTB have a problem with Sheldon, instead of distributing the comedy across all the characters, they let the Sheldon character dominate the show, so now that character has to be funny and to do that has to stay Sheldon. They made Amy a saint and squirrel to keep her with Sheldon and still keep Sheldon, Sheldon. Here is the problem, if Sheldon becomes a normal boy, he stops being a Wack-a-doddle and is less funny, the show is not ready for that. I don't know what the answer is, but I see why the writers were all over the place in season 6. The L/P relationship moved forward and the S/A relationship followed, until Leonard and Amy wanted to move in, then they sort of separated, L/P moved forward more and S/A got stagnant, moving back and forth. I think TPTB saw that moving S/A forward would make Sheldon less unique, ruining the funny character he was.

I don't know who did this, but I think it's cute:

3122_2e98.jpeg

That's the sort of Shenny I like!

. I think TPTB saw that moving S/A forward would make Sheldon less unique, ruining the funny character he was.

There you go! :icon_biggrin:

Child_eating_popcorn.jpg

Edited by Disgusted
  • Like 1

Guest DroneInTheSun

TPTB have a problem that they can't easily solve. There is a portion of the fan base that thinks TBBT is about geek life, Science and the social clumsiness of the four guys and relationships with women is intrusive. The symbol of this point of view is Sheldon.

The creators of the show had relationships with women as a central theme from the very beginning but Sheldon seemed to be apart from this until Amy was created. Now they want to satisfy two growing divergent camps and they ran into big trouble in season 6. As you said, they wanted to slow things down with S/A and they did it by regressing Sheldon's character than having him take social leaps then fall back again. At this point,  he has neither camp happy and I don't think they can continue this in season 7.

Yeah, I understand that the last few months have been terrible on the Shamy front because TPTB didn't want to take a firm position. But with The Love Spell Potential I had hope they'd be moving forward, however slowly, and I could have forgotten 6x15 to 6x22. Sheldon did say "before I met you, I never had any interest in being intimate with anyone", after all. But by the sound of it, looks like TLSP didn't change anything after all, and I don't get it. There are plenty of ways to keep the Shamy out of bed without turning Sheldon into a cold abuser and Amy into a sex-craved doormat. Unfortunately, those ways don't seem to be the one they want to use.

And since everyone's listing their ships:

• Sheldon/Amy, obviously

• Sheldon/Wil Wheaton

• Sheldon/Leslie (I'm sorry, I just rewatched 1x05 and was reminded of my love for this ship... "Text me when you find an adjective" lmao Leslie how I miss you)

• Leonard/Alex

• Leonard/Penny, sort of, depending on the day and the episode (I shipped them a lot in S1&S2 and then S3 ruined it and the beginning of S6 really sucked but now they're in a better place and I'm enjoying it again, even if I don't get ~TEH FEELZ~; and like a lot of Shamy shippers, I adore the Four Besties Dynamic)

• Raj/Stuart (sorry not sorry)

• Howard/Bernadette

And since everyone's listing their ships:

• Sheldon/Amy, obviously

• Sheldon/Wil Wheaton

Sheldon/Leslie (I'm sorry, I just rewatched 1x05 and was reminded of my love for this ship... "Text me when you find an adjective" lmao Leslie how I miss you)

• Leonard/Alex

• Leonard/Penny, sort of, depending on the day and the episode (I shipped them a lot in S1&S2 and then S3 ruined it and the beginning of S6 really sucked but now they're in a better place and I'm enjoying it again, even if I don't get ~TEH FEELZ~; and like a lot of Shamy shippers, I adore the Four Besties Dynamic)

• Raj/Stuart (sorry not sorry)

• Howard/Bernadette

"Inconsiderate! That is the adjective, inconsiderate!"

I bloody love those scenes, cheers for reminding me about Winkle. And Sheldon's terrible TERRIBLE insults....

"Yeah, well...you wouldn't even be nominated!"

Good lord....

And I presume you mean Sheldon/Wheaton..er..in THAT way yes? Yes.

I agree with almost everything you say. Now that said, TPTB have a problem with Sheldon, instead of distributing the comedy across all the characters, they let the Sheldon character dominate the show, so now that character has to be funny and to do that has to stay Sheldon. They made Amy a saint and squirrel to keep her with Sheldon and still keep Sheldon, Sheldon. Here is the problem, if Sheldon becomes a normal boy, he stops being a Wack-a-doddle and is less funny, the show is not ready for that. I don't know what the answer is, but I see why the writers were all over the place in season 6. The L/P relationship moved forward and the S/A relationship followed, until Leonard and Amy wanted to move in, then they sort of separated, L/P moved forward more and S/A got stagnant, moving back and forth. I think TPTB saw that moving S/A forward would make Sheldon less unique, ruining the funny character he was.

To me though since L/P have been together longer there should be farther along in their relationship. It seems to be going in that direction. There has been only one episode since Love Spell and it seems some want everthing with the Shamy to move faster. All my point is some suggested not watching the show because of this. SRAM has a good point about the Sheldon character. If he becomes more serious with Amy he is less funny. That's hard to navigate funny and serious.Also he seems to be everywhere on the show. An example of that is when he was with L/P at the airport. Some found it funny others found it annoying. In regards to Leonard being gone no one really knows how long it's going to be so I just can't imagine S/L getting that close.

Guest DroneInTheSun

To me though since L/P have been together longer there should be farther along in their relationship. It seems to be going in that direction. There has been only one episode since Love Spell and it seems some want everthing with the Shamy to move faster. All my point is some suggested not watching the show because of this. SRAM has a good point about the Sheldon character. If he becomes more serious with Amy he is less funny. That's hard to navigate funny and serious.Also he seems to be everywhere on the show. An example of that is when he was with L/P at the airport. Some found it funny others found it annoying. In regards to Leonard being gone no one really knows how long it's going to be so I just can't imagine S/L getting that close.

You never read anything I try to explain, do you? It's not just about the Shamy not moving faster - good cod, this is the Shamy, it's been advertised as a unique relationship since the beginning, I knew what I was getting into!!! - it's about the Shamy turning into a monster where Sheldon emotionally abuses her and Amy is left there starving for the little affection he's willing to give. And I'm sorry but I've seen enough abuse in my life and really don't need to get some more slapped into my face on TV, especially when the abuse comes from my favourite fictional couple and the reason why they became my favourite in the first place was that they were on totally equal grounds. Think of me as ridiculous all you want, I don't even care, but if the Shamy keeps going down that road, I won't be there to watch it crash and burn.

And Sheldon can be funny while being smitten and not an asshole, I'm sorry. Just re-watch The Zazzy Substitution for example, or The Herb Garden Germination. The cats were hilarious and the Shamy plotting in Herb Garden was just brilliant. They don't have to turn him into what they're turning him into for him to be funny.

@Count: I'd have said "friendship" if I hadn't meant it in that way. 

• Like 2

i not agree.

I think sheldon is the heart of the show, without him and the amazing actor jim parsons noone would ever gonna watch the show... sheldon is what makes the caracters together, what makes the show so succesful as she is....

for me sheldon and amy are perfect, better that penny and leonard, because penny is always mocking leonard, she is mean and cold to leonards feelings... leonard told her that he loves her and she went away, she dated other guys watching leonard suffering...

I think you are wrong. Sheldon is NOT the heart of the show. Why? Because he needs someone to play off of.  Sheldon is NOT what makes the characters come together. As said in the show itself, Leonard is. But if we look at the bigger picture what is really central to the show are NOT Sheldon and Amy, but Leonard, Sheldon and Penny. Leonard and Penny for the obvious reasons (stated in the first episode of the show) but also, and this is what you seem to forget, the dynamic between Sheldon and Leonard. Sheldon and Leonard's relationship will always be, within the confines of the show, more important than Sheldon and Amy's.

i dont really see that penny helped everyone... she tried to be nice but she only is playing a role... when she is being mean to the guys, especially howard and sheldon, she shows her true face...

You are wrong again! She has always been helpful towards the guys, and in earlier seasons more than  now she was their link to the outside world. Btw that role was re-establshed in season 6's finale, where she checks up on Raj, and will, because of Leonard's request "check up on Sheldon". She is not mean to Howard or Sheldon, she just defends herself. I don't what you base your observations on , but it clearly is not the show.

• Like 1

to be honest i think it would be better for lenny breaking up, this would end the whole thing with breaking up and come together again... in my point they dont move forward....

I was going to answer this, but I must say that at this point it seems to me you have no understanding of the show, or Lenny's relationship