The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gwhh

Idea For Season 7-Sheldron Because A Private Investigator

Sheldon is asked to take a LONG (paid) leave from the university.  He decides to go into business with Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz Father as he starts his own Private Investigation firm(remember he a retired cop).  If becomes very successfully and Sheldon starts dressing and acting like a Private Eye from the 1950's!!

I was thinking he acts, dresses, and talks more like Jack Nicholas Charcter In The Movie: Chinatown and The Two Jakes!

Plus we could give Penny a job there as the wisecracking and down to earth office manger who job it is to keep everyone in line!

Mike R

http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/Mike_Rostenkowski

We could open that spin off show with a voice over like this: 

I notice a LOT of you talked about Sheldon leave of absence from the university.  OK-if you worked with Sheldon all day LONG would you not want to give him a paid leave of absence for any reason just to  get a break from him!

Edited by gwhh
  • Like 1

I suppose he could act like a Sherlock Holmes type character. Or, because he loves Data, he could take on Data's love for Sherlock Holmes.

I too applaud Sheldon based storylines that don't include Amy.

• Like 1

Why would Sheldon ever be interested in being a PI? Of all the things he could do while on sabbatical from the University, I think that this would be completely off his radar, especially with Mr. Rostenkowski.

If Sheldron because a private investigator, have at it, but Sheldon becoming a PI is another matter. I just don't see it.

• Like 1

If Sheldron because a private investigator, have at it, but Sheldon becoming a PI is another matter. I just don't see it.

Perhaps a Sheldron and Megatron spin-off?

Sorry, that was mean. The perils of ESL.

This reminds me of an email my sister once told me about. A woman was trying to say something about her deceased father and she wrote, "My father he pasted away."

Edited by phantagrae

This reminds me of an email my sister once told me about. A woman was trying to say something about her deceased father and she wrote, "My father he pasted away."

Suffered from Philately, I presume.

I suppose he could act like a Sherlock Holmes type character. Or, because he loves Data, he could take on Data's love for Sherlock Holmes.

I too applaud Sheldon based storylines that don't include Amy.

Hey Elementary is doing fine with a female Watson....just sayin'

• Like 3

If they investigate the paranormal, then they could recreate "The Nightstalker","X-Files", "Millenium", "Buffy","Angel","Supernatural" and "Scooby-Doo". I'd watch those episodes.

Sheldon as Fred or Shaggy. Leonard and he can work out which between themselves. Amy as Thelma, Penny as Daphne and Cinnamon as Scooby

However, I think the show never gets fantastical. But they might costume up, in homage. I'm sure some of the gang would have watched these shows. Copyright probably applies, so it might not happen.

• Like 3

I think Sheldon could be one of those monsters in Scooby Doo that turns out to be a person (That always baffled me. Why didn't they just think: ''Well, as a starting point, we know that the monster is probably someone we trust and actually not a monster!'') Rubbish meddling kids...

Remember ''YOU SAW NOTHING!'' *dramatic cloak-sweep*

I always liked the idea of Sheldon being an alien that has simply pissed off a vast amount of his fellow aliens, so they've either abandoned him on earth, like some sort of cantankerous ET, or have purposely sent him off in a spaceship destined to crash on another planet. Like the ship full of hairdressers and other useless people that is sent off in Hitchhikers to "avoid being eaten by the Giant Mutant Space Goat"

• Like 1

Sheldon being revealed as an alien in the final episode would please me more than I care to admit, given the current direction of the show! It's probably my love for 3rd Rock From The Sun that made me think of this possibility on regular occasions.

That or Sheldon could mutate into a giant praying mantis and mate with, then eat, all of his friends.

No... Maybe that's a bit too much.

Also not to sound snoopy, but the wallpaper on your profile is interesting.

It's such a maudlin concept though isn't it....In the films the abandoned alien always goes home again. But WHAT IF HIS HOME PLANET DOESN'T WANT HIM?

So unfortunate.

I intensely like the Mantis notion. That would make him the female Mantis though wouldn't it? Fair enough. He IS androgynous...

I think it might upset people however.

Yes, I redecorated my "nest" like Tooms. Although instead of Green Bile and newspapers, it's a collage I made out of the current TV guide, to irritate my housemates.

• Like 1

MWAH HAH HAAAAA... I hope it does.

I like to cut up the Radio Times on occasion when there's an attractive picture or I need some paper. Mumsey screams with rage. 

My mother gave me an undeserved and inexplicable present today of a Big Bang Theory poster of The Friendship Algorithm, with Sheldon leaping about like a tit in the corner, and bottle of shampoo with a skateboarding dinosaur on it.

I'm 31 years old.

What about Sheldon as a brain in a glass jar, being poked and electrically stimulated by Jeff Goldblum?

• Like 1

I always liked the idea of Sheldon being an alien that has simply pissed off a vast amount of his fellow aliens, so they've either abandoned him on earth, like some sort of cantankerous ET, or have purposely sent him off in a spaceship destined to crash on another planet. Like the ship full of hairdressers and other useless people that is sent off in Hitchhikers to "avoid being eaten by the Giant Mutant Space Goat"

Penny thinks this, as does Leonard. Its been stated that he has am outsider's view of people. He's said it himself.

But that show was done by Robin Williams. This is funnier, cos its real. :)

Penny thinks this, as does Leonard. Its been stated that he has am outsider's view of people. He's said it himself.

But that show was done by Robin Williams. This is funnier, cos its real. :)

I bought the box set of Mork and Mindy last month with the money I was meant to use to buy groceries. I violently antagonised one of my housemates with this news, who does not care for Robin Williams, but cares deeply about mayonnaise in his sandwiches. 

• Like 2

And Sheldon as a brain in a glass jar... I like. But then we wouldn't have the rest of his spidery loveliness to look at.

I'm reminded of the episode where he becomes a robot... That has to be one of my favourite moments. 

I hit my friend with the postulation about Sheldon's brain in a glass jar being stimulated by Jeff Goldblum, and he prefers the concept that Sheldon IS Jeff Goldblum wearing "some sort of elaborate meat suit." His words.

Which of course prompts the question; What if we're ALL Jeff Goldblum wearing an elaborate meat suit?

I should be outside. It's a very pleasant day here in antipodean spider-land. Working on my website is a feeble excuse. Feeble.

I do hope this thread continues (er, and is contributed to by others). A TBBT parallel universe conversation, even a completely ludicrous one, seems very appropriate when you consider the number of inanities the four lads on the show come up with....

• Like 1

I've never seen Mork and Mindy. It looks like something I may like, though... I have a soft spot for aliens. And Robin Williams.

Parsons said he was obsessed with Mork when he was younger. I'm sure you know this. I used to dress up as the idiot myself...

Interestingly, his greeting handshake was a variation on the Vulcan salute. Get hold of the show immediately. It's aged quite well, though a bit mawkish at times (o ha ha ha! Pun)

Shazbot.

YOU DRESSED UP AS MORK?

I used to go to school as Mork. It's not that difficult, it's only red overalls, stripey shirts and rainbow suspenders. The thing I'm ACTUALLY proud of, in a pathetic way, is my Artful Dodger costume. That involved a top hat and tailcoat, and that's harder to get away with in primary school. I also cut the soles out of my boots and tied them to my ankles with laces, so I could technically be barefoot. This also enabled me to pick up marbles with my toes, and spirit them away from other children.

I think this thread should be moved to Chit-Chat...although I suppose nobody's paying attention, so we're grand.

• Like 1

Sheldon takes a leave of absense from the University?  Wasn't there an episode about the University forcing him to use his vacation time and he keep trying to sneak back in to work?  How would he get around to investigate things?   I don't think it would work out too well.

Sheldon takes a leave of absense from the University?  Wasn't there an episode about the University forcing him to use his vacation time and he keep trying to sneak back in to work?  How would he get around to investigate things?   I don't think it would work out too well.

If you had to envision a parallel universe for the characters, what scenario would you find either amusing or interesting?

Did you not notice that Penny works for them and that one of her "other" duties!  Plus we are throwing her a company car!!! 

The voice over to that story line.  From the movie trailer of the Two Jakes:

http://youtu.be/W_yDQiCPVYM

I’m a tremendous film buff, and I’ve never heard of the damn thing. I’ll look it up though, now, having watched the promo. Thank you. Incidentally, The Sting is one of my top ten films.

Have you seen The Hustler and The Maltese Falcon? (not the Hustler AND the Maltese falcon…although that would be an interesting story…)

I think Sheldon’d have to drink a few barrels of whisky, become disenchanted, and have “seen a few things’, ie, bad shit before he’d morph into Nicholson, but it’s certainly an interesting notion. I’m waiting for Sheldon to turn into a sort of Doc Brown myself.

Apologies for all the nonsense earlier about Jeff Goldblum wearing Sheldon as an elaborate meat-suit….We were just free-wheeling. I like your contributions to this forum…

• Like 1

No problem.  I like the idea of him turning into Nicholas after a few hogsheads of whiskey. 

I’m a tremendous film buff, and I’ve never heard of the damn thing. I’ll look it up though, now, having watched the promo. Thank you. Incidentally, The Sting is one of my top ten films.

Have you seen The Hustler and The Maltese Falcon? (not the Hustler AND the Maltese falcon…although that would be an interesting story…)

I think Sheldon’d have to drink a few barrels of whisky, become disenchanted, and have “seen a few things’, ie, bad shit before he’d morph into Nicholson, but it’s certainly an interesting notion. I’m waiting for Sheldon to turn into a sort of Doc Brown myself.

Apologies for all the nonsense earlier about Jeff Goldblum wearing Sheldon as an elaborate meat-suit….We were just free-wheeling. I like your contributions to this forum…

The Doc Brown reference is so cool.  I think that how he would end up in the end!

The Hustler is one of my favorite movies.  Also the Sting is a great movie also. 

Edited by gwhh
  • Like 1

So what you want is actually a completely different show, that somehow uses Jim Parsons as a completely different character, but who still calls himself Sheldon Cooper?

Man, you should pitch shows in Hollywood.

• Like 1

I told everyone here that Mr. W and Sheldon would hit it off.  Now my PI idea has some real legs!!!

• Like 1