Penny and Sheldon: Why?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I am new here, but not to the show! I am not exactly a shipper, but if I had to choose a pairing on this show, I would choose the Penny/Sheldon coupling as opposed to Leonard/Penny. Why? They just do not work for me, I watch this show to laugh, and I just do not see much comedic chemistry with these two when they are dealt with in a romantic capacity. But I would be perfectly happy if P/S did not happen, as long as I get scenes because they are the best part of the show imo!

Hi whirlwind! I'm new too but welcome to the forum! The PS scenes are my fav part of the show too. It's not that I hate Leonard or anything (in fact he's a very nice guy) but he and Penny just don't seem to have the right chemistry for romance in my opinion. I know some people think they do, which is fine! But I still see so much more with Penny and Sheldon. *shrug* Can't help it.

Ok so this post is more for Waffles and other Sheldon/Penny shippers since it's to do with our pairing (not that I'm banning anyone but I mean this to be more of a shipper warning if you will! heh - Just so I don't annoy the people who don't like them): Anyway, I know they have denied it in public but I wonder if Chuck Lorre/Bill Prady actually did have an inkling of a thought of Penny/Sheldon in a romantic way in the back of their minds at some point during the writing of it? I mean, there are a few tiny little hints now and again that make me wonder if the Penny/Sheldon suggestion IS in fact a complete surprise to them. I doubt they would have predicted the amount of people who were interested but I'm starting to think now that they knew that people would see something... Anyway, just talking out loud.

Nah, I think it's just fandom teasing and inside joking. Like they did with Chandler and the gay jokes. The producers of Friends wanted to make Chandler gay on the fourth season, but Courteney cox suggested that he married Monica insted (I KNOW he marries her only on the 7th season, but they start dating on the last episode of the 4th season). They changed the show but kept the inside joking xD Maybe that's what happened with TBBT. I have a theory that on the frist episode we don't see Sheldon as he really is now, but what the producers wanted him to be. Then after the pilot feedback they decided to change him. My theory is that in the original plot Sheldon and Leonard would compete to see who would get Penny. I mean, he hits on her on the pilot xD But then, on the next episode he's asexual as we know him xD But that doesn't mean we don't have a shot! I mean, especially after the second episode of the new season xD And we have more 46 episodes after those two to see at least a kiss xD And Sheldon is changing fast o/

Oh that's what I meant! That they did think of it (if just in the pilot at first - then they decided to change direction and now hopefully they'll change direction again :D ) Anyway, I love your Chandler/Monica comparison; I think that's how it could really go for Penny and Sheldon, you know? The writers of Friends made it so great - I think TBBT writers could do the same with S/P. It would be so awesome. I think Sheldon is growing which is so great to see but I still love that he's Sheldon at the end of the day, you know?

• 1 month later...

Haven't really read the entire thread (just first and last pages), so forgive me if I state/question something that has already been said. I am most definitely a Penny/Leonard shipper. They're just so adorable!! And Leonard's been through so much that I just really want him to get the girl! *squishes Leonard* I do think it would be fascinating and incredibly hilarious seeing Sheldon with a girlfriend or just actually LIKING someone, but I do not see him being with Penny. Not for real anyway. I'm not sure if we'll ever see Sheldon actually with a girlfriend. We may just always get instances like in Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem, but never a real, romantic girlfriend. I think if the writers slowly progressed Sheldon's character we could see him realistically in a romantic relationship, but that is several years down the line. Now while I cannot see how anyone can ship Penny and Sheldon for real, I can totally see how someone can crack ship them. The two are complete opposites, the actors have chemistry, and it would be a riot (it really would). I just don't ever want to see it in the show (unless it's the nightmare situation Kaley once mentioned in an interview). Personally, for my crack ship, I prefer Sheldon/Leslie because of the pure hatred that exists between them. Penny/Sheldon fanfic and vids frighten me because I don't know who's taking it seriously and who's treating it as crack. I ran into problems in the Doctor/Donna community (Doctor Who) over that. At first everyone seemed to treat it like crack and it was hilarious! Then some people started taking too seriously in the fics and I ran scared. :| One thing I would love to see, though, especially for those who really do want to see them together in the show: I would love to see a proper, full-on AU, fan vid for Penny/Sheldon. Tons of other shows use outside footage, masking, and other manipulations to portray a non-canon couple or situation, and yet I haven't seen any of that in Big Bang Theory. The biggest manipulation I've seen in BBT vids is the vidder zoomed in to crop Leonard out. 0_0 In the Doctor Who fandom, there are Human!Doctor/Rose vids that are incredibly believable and yet don't use any Doctor Who footage. I would love to see a Penny/Sheldon video that is so convincing that at the end I'm almost shipping them. :) Any fan vidders out there? Sorry for the long post!

I would probably already have made thousands of Fan vids, but I don't know where I can find the clips tput one together. amtrak12, maybe you can help. Unless of course that's not a question that cannot be answered here because of legal reasons (like where can I watch episodes online or something. I know it's not allowed to answer to that in the forum so)...?

On the risk of it being illegal to say this here :S I rip all the episodes from my DVDs and then convert clips to something I can edit with. For the current season, I obtain the episodes through (removed) and then convert clips from those. :) I like getting the HD copies of the episodes and converting them with Avidemux. They're so much prettier than the xvid files!

• 4 weeks later...

The entire idea of Penny and Sheldon reminds me of the final season of Night Court when Dan decided to stop being a leech and persue Christine. I can see Sheldon standing there in the middle of the aprtment just like Dan did in hte middle of Harrys office and saying

"I love her"

ok first off I am NOT a shipper

Penny and Sheldon will never work or happen

now with that said

I just saw a fan video on Youtube that is simply phenomenal

It's called "The Scientist: Sheldon/Penny"

anyone on here that IS a shipper is going to love it

like I said I'm not a shipper and it got to me

ok first off I am NOT a shipper

Penny and Sheldon will never work or happen

now with that said

I just saw a fan video on Youtube that is simply phenomenal

It's called "The Scientist: Sheldon/Penny"

anyone on here that IS a shipper is going to love it

like I said I'm not a shipper and it got to me

same here. the video is totally awesome

I just remembered a scene from the season - don't really know which episode though. They are playgon Halo (?) and Penny beats Sheldon, after he jumps and say something like "Noone can be that attractive and this skilled in video games". Was he only stating a fact or did he, in fact, hit on Penny?

I just remembered a scene from the season - don't really know which episode though. They are playgon Halo (?) and Penny beats Sheldon, after he jumps and say something like "Noone can be that attractive and this skilled in video games". Was he only stating a fact or did he, in fact, hit on Penny?

got to go with stating fact on that one

got to go with stating fact on that one

I agree: just stating facts, in a very Sheldonesque-matter-of-factly way, as usual.

What, you guys think it is a fact that an attractive woman can't be skilled at a video game?

That's not! Hot girls can be good gamers, too!

Right? lol (kinda hope it! lol)

Of course not ! But apparently Sheldon does - or maybe he changed his mind now that Penny pwned him so many times. :icon_cheesygrin:

So he was stating what he thought to be a fact, I think.

Of course not !

Good! :) My dream girl is actually a hot girl who could beat my ass at Starcraft! Or would at least try! ;)

But apparently Sheldon does - or maybe he changed his mind now that Penny pwned him so many times. :icon_cheesygrin:

So he was stating what he thought to be a fact, I think.

I don't think he changed his mind. Firstly, Sheldon's mind is hard to change. I mean REALLY hard. Secondly, he also stated that''[he doesn't] know how, but she's cheating.''. I think that, even today, he still thinks so! :p To him that would be the logical conclusion for being beaten up at something, especcially by Penny, right? :p

I don't think he changed his mind. Firstly, Sheldon's mind is hard to change. I mean REALLY hard. Secondly, he also stated that''[he doesn't] know how, but she's cheating.''. I think that, even today, he still thinks so! :p To him that would be the logical conclusion for being beaten up at something, especcially by Penny, right? :p

LOL! I can almost imagine him now trying to frame her, coming up with a flow chart of some kind and then setting up an experiment, all because he needs proofs before changing is mind. :icon_mrgreen: