The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
I.Am.Molly

Leonard And Penny Thread. Season 7 [Spoiler Free]

Let me just say how much I enjoyed seeing L/P cuddling on the couch during last night's episode. After the way last week's episode ended this just shows how strong of a couple they have become. They can have their arguments and disagreements just like all couples but in the end they kiss and make up and move on together. I can guarantee that they weren't watching the Hobbit last night. :laugh:

• Like 2

Let me just say how much I enjoyed seeing L/P cuddling on the couch during last night's episode. After the way last week's episode ended this just shows how strong of a couple they have become. They can have their arguments and disagreements just like all couples but in the end they kiss and make up and move on together. I can guarantee that they weren't watching the Hobbit last night. :laugh:

i agree--what would been better., penny with the locket on

and turn to leonard and said "i love you" :icon_redface:

• Like 1

Was just watching S3 The Wheton Reoccorance, wow Penny has matured in her feelings and relationship with Leonard. She is as lot more affectionate and accomodating to Leonards needs now, even in 3.19, she lacked the self actulization to even be sweet at times with Leonard, like her reaction Leonard crying was Your kidding lol, she looked at Leonard always from her vantage point as much as I love her she could be self involved not all the time but sometimes,  I felt she took him for granted in S3, that has all changed post s4, everything she has done post Season 4 has been in Leonard's best interest.

Edited by 3ku11

Was just watching S3 The Wheton Reoccorance, wow Penny has matured in her feelings and relationship with Leonard. She is as lot more affectionate and accomodating to Leonards needs now, even in 3.19, she lacked the self actulization to even be sweet at times with Leonard, like her reaction Leonard crying was Your kidding lol, she looked at Leonard always from her vantage point as much as I love her she could be self involved not all the time but sometimes,  I felt she took him for granted in S3, that has all changed post s4, everything she has done post Season 4 has been in Leonard's best interest.

Look at the bowling scene. It was all guys. That one of the biggest changes.

• Like 1

Look at the bowling scene. It was all guys. That one of the biggest changes.

That's true I pointed that out in the LP Spoiler's thread, Amy and Bernadette have had a huge influence on her.

That is such a good point, it's easy to see that penny has had a big influence on Amy and even on Bernie. But Amy and Bernadette have also contributed to Penny's growth personally and in her relationship. I know a lot of people criticize adding Amy and Bernie but I love the girls night scenes especially the Bakersfield episode, the princesses and the love car. I would love to see more girl bonding scene, especially ones with less drinking ;)

I may dare say most of Pennys friends when it came to girlfriends when she moved to Pasadena, werent friends she would confide in, or get advice from. I think seeing Bernadette with Howard, although Penny may feel she can do a lot better at times haha, has inspired her with her own relationship with Leonard. It's also a very good point to point out the bowling scene, the only girl is Penny, so the ratio of girlfriends in her life to the nerdy guys from across the hall even to the comic book store was not very balanced at all, even at the Cheesecake Factory she is not very close with any of her co-workers, maybe she is but not onscreen and not definately enough to share her most intimate thoughts with, but that has all changed now. Most of the time particularly in Season One, the only time you saw any of Penny's girlfriends who she has more in common with socially speaking, was when they went out, you saw them in one episode in S1 when the guys were trying to get that Asian kid prodigy a girlfriend to get Sheldon out of his rut, I remember they actually asked Penny if she knew any hot 16 year old teenage girls lol, apart from that creepy request I think Howard asked it ;) I loved that scene because it was like Penny and her boys. I do like though how in Raiders, the writers remembered that Penny does have other friends, outside of her core circle of friends, friends before she meet the guys she used to hang out with reguarly in her teenage years, and early twenties. As her self actulization has been deconstructed, most likely she is now realizing she no longer has anything in common with those type of friends, and they were pretty shallow friendships, but it gives her social intelligence more depth. Although I am not really a fan of the sit downs they have in Pennys apartment, it seemed in S5 it was every episode, it really grounded Penny, and just gave her a female perspective in her life, not only from other females, but women who are very intelligent and arguably geniunelly care about Penny, and gave her what she needed upfront, straight forward advice. Like last season Bernadette telling Penny to make more of an effort in Leonard's job, that was a big part of Lenny's growth in Season 6. 

Edited by 3ku11

After watching the latest episode where Leonard pointed out Penny's drinking problem in front of the rest of the gang and Penny gave Leonard a shot about how quick sex is with him, I think that it is becoming evident that Leonard no longer looks at Penny as some flawless goddess and Penny is not all that satisfied with Leonard's love making.  

I think we may be looking towards another breakup between Leonard and Penny.   I think as a change of pace, if that happens, they will have Leonard being the one who will initiate the break up.  Maybe we will see the delightful Alex return to fill the role as Leonard's love interest or perhaps even the sultry and beautiful Priya.   

Nice bit of sarcasm at the end there, rickfromillinois! For a minute there, I actually thought your post was serious, but you pulled it out at the end. Nicely done!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Nice bit of sarcasm at the end there, rickfromillinois! For a minute there, I actually thought your post was serious, but you pulled it out at the end. Nicely done!

Just when I thought I'd gotten the hang of sarcasm! You're making a lot of sense with that explanation, Martin. Delightful Alex? Sultry and beautiful Priya? My aching sides! 

Just when I thought I'd gotten the hang of sarcasm! You're making a lot of sense with that explanation, Martin. Delightful Alex? Sultry and beautiful Priya? My aching sides! 

The sad thing is, it might not be sarcasm; he might be completely serious. In which case, you can chalk up my message as being a very polite way of saying something I'd regret if I actually said it out loud. ;)

• Like 1

The sad thing is, it might not be sarcasm; he might be completely serious. In which case, you can chalk up my message as being a very polite way of saying something I'd regret if I actually said it out loud. ;)

I am serious.  Alex is delightful, and whether you like Priya or not, she is sultry and beautiful.   I did not see much of anything in the last episode between Penny and Leonard that says "this is a happy couple" to me.   On the contrary, with Leonard's comment about Penny's drinking problem and Penny's comment about how quick in the sack Leonard is, IMO there are some problems in their relationship.  I am not predicting that Penny and Leonard are breaking  up, but I do think that it is possible. 

I've done a bit of a recap of the series as I've had some time and other than "why are they still near Sheldon?" I am actually encouraged about the level of commitment to L/P are showing each other. They are diametrically opposed in temperament and inclinations and still manage to walk back from their foot-in-mouth moments, because they care. Even when there was a glancing blow from some past paramour they got on with it and over it right away (Mrs Penny Johnstone.... harrumph). I think Priya and Alex could prance naked through the apartment and dance together under the moonlight on the roof and Leonard would express interest but not be challenged in his connection to Penny. It would be funny to watch him squirm a bit but there would be no reason based on what we have seen for it to be threatening.

*** also I am going to try the spoiler free regimen to this season's end. I may be lonely, but at least I'll not be apoplectic so much. Starting.... now.***

• Like 1

It might be interesting if Priya learned what Penny has, that those guys she has hung around, don't really love her.  Didn't Priya break up with her Indian boyfriend before and maybe she will do it again, finally realizing the prize is Leonard, not those other guys.  It would be funny, to see Priya come back to get Leonard, she never had any respect for Penny, so she would not really consider her a problem for her taking Leonard back.  Leonard would never leave Penny, now that she is his girlfriend, but it would be nice for both girls to yell at each other and have Penny have to fight for Leonard.

It might be interesting if Priya learned what Penny has, that those guys she has hung around, don't really love her.  Didn't Priya break up with her Indian boyfriend before and maybe she will do it again, finally realizing the prize is Leonard, not those other guys.  It would be funny, to see Priya come back to get Leonard, she never had any respect for Penny, so she would not really consider her a problem for her taking Leonard back.  Leonard would never leave Penny, now that she is his girlfriend, but it would be nice for both girls to yell at each other and have Penny have to fight for Leonard.

It would be a real shame if Penny had to "fight for Leonard", more like over him, at this point in their relationship.Especially against a woman who he cheated on, and who cheated on him. I doubt she ever considered him much of a prize, as she had so little respect for him when they were together (he likewise had no self-respect at that time). 

Bottom line: Priya ain't coming back, and neither is Alex. Time to find something else to speculate about. 

It would be a real shame if Penny had to "fight for Leonard", more like over him, at this point in their relationship.Especially against a woman who he cheated on, and who cheated on him. I doubt she ever considered him much of a prize, as she had so little respect for him when they were together (he likewise had no self-respect at that time). 

Bottom line: Priya ain't coming back, and neither is Alex. Time to find something else to speculate about.

Are we getting anywhere near the time we might meet her mother? Wyatt got a call in to suggest smacking Mark Harmon around (heheheh) but is her mum dead? She must be very passive if we haven't heard from her yet. Or a bitch.