The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I don't feel particularly strongly one way or another about the meaning behind either of these prank/funny scenes, I just think they seem hilarious/adorable and that's enough for me, even if no flirting is intended.

But of one thing I'm pretty sure: Sheldon flirting with Amy will most likely not be overt at all, especially at the beginning. If there's one thing this show loves to do when it comes to him and this relationship is to make things extremely subtle, just like they did during the whole process that eventually ended with him asking her to be his girlfriend. It's probably too soon to say if these scenes had any meaning, and I don't know that the writers wanted to imply flirting with the flower prank, but I think they very likely wanted to imply symbolism with it (hence the monkeys being moved).

But it's all rather intriguing, especially combined with the fact that they're starting to really push how he seems to be pretty head over heels.

• Like 4

Then Amy says I don't think I want to go out with you anymore. I can't believe those words exited her mouth.

Foreshadowing

I really doubt she meant it. I can picture her saying it in an emotionless/comical way. I'm a huge Shamy fan and I wouldn't worry about it.

Guessing gender here is like the most difficult thing. It's always hilarious go find out that someone is a male rather than female after all this time.

I am a hereosexual female, but I talk a lot about wishing to see Amy in skimpy outfits. No shame. Edited by MariaAlbina723

tumblr_miqc3zJ6JU1s6iro9o1_400.gif

The fat boys kept my spirits up.

Mayim/Amy having a big part tonight warmed my heart but this episode just depressed me beyond words at the end.

The fact that after 3.5 years Amy is still just wondering and hoping that she means something/ anything to Sheldon just wrecked me.

A screen saver would have been warm and fuzzy a year ago. Today not-so-much. (Mayim played off Johnny like a boss!)

I've been saying I've grown to hate the 'fat jokes' but IMO a whole episode of the fat boys including Stuart would have me in stitches.  

:girlmad: I wanted MRS. COOPER on the show.

I loved the episode. I had so many Shamy feels. I loved it! I thought there were so many references to Shamy's future and the overall had a sweet tone to it.

Some things I loved that come to mind at the moment (I am still in a Shamy haze)

I love that Sheldon kept phoning in to talk to Amy and update her, so cute. It really showed he missed her. 

I was shocked that Raj talked about her and Sheldon having kids some day  :wub: .feels.

I thought is was interesting that Amy said, about Sheldon caring about her, "if that were true I wouldn't be going home to an empty apartment every night....moving has been in the spoiler thread as the next step could this be foreshadowing!?! ;)

I love the Shenny scene when Amy imagines him saying, I am saving myself for a bespectacled Neuro scientist LOL

And of course the screen saver with all the things Sheldon loves, including her <3

And lastly the walk up the stairs *sigh*  :wub: :wub: :wub: Sheldon holding the baby probably gave Amy so many feels...

I am very happy with this episode

Oh! and the blanket was not mentioned, and I noticed the new blanket was in the photo with her on his screen saver, I wonder if they are ditching the knitted one for this new plaid one LOL 

• Like 7

I think Amy honestly does not realize the impact she's had on Sheldon, for the simple reason that she did not know Sheldon before... well, before he met her. Whereas the other guys do. And indeed the other guys point out to her that she has changed him a lot. I don't think it's that absurd that she would wonder about his feelings for her. Leonard spent YEARS waiting on Penny to tell him she loved him. And I think it happens very often even in real life couples. 

That scene did not depress me at all. I've always said that I think Amy literally has no idea how much he's changed and therefore she underestimates his feelings for her and what an impact she's had in his life. I said that when 6x23 came out about the different reaction she had to "It's a possibility" than Penny (or the rest of us) had. She wasn't affected at all because she doesn't understand how massive it is for Sheldon to be considering that. And this scene was just about people finally spelling things out for her, and making her understand. 

I am calling an ILY (or something akin to that) before the SIK. I think there's been far too many hints that romance is big on Sheldon's mind right now

I have always felt an ILY is likely to come before a SIK because I think he is much more of an "emotional" reactor than a "physical" reactor.   So that seems very likely to me.

I do agree that it is very common for people who have been dating a long time to start to feel insecure. In fact, you usually feel more secure early in the relationship than the longer it goes, especially in Amy's case where she gets very little "signs of affection" back from Sheldon.  So I can understand her not really knowing that she has an impact on him like he has on her.   It was great of Leonard to prove her otherwise.  Now she feels better after seeing the screensaver.  

Del, totally agree and there were many implications in this episode as far as Shamy's future.  I think they are really leading somewhere finally.   I wish they would still show a bit more on Sheldon's side more overtly direct from him, but that may come soon.  I loved this episode.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

6878_b3e2.gif

@Delsino  I agree with all your points.  The Madame Curie line exchange had me laughing so hard but also reminded me of one of my favorite episodes "The Vacation Solution" where Amy mentions Madame Curie working with her honey in the lab.  That gave me feels too.

The stairs part had me at the edge of my seat.  I don't know why I keep hoping that they will air the SIK or ILY as a surprise not even found in a spoiler report.  I love stair talk and it would have elevated me to the clouds but...   :cray:  Then they did the 'old take away'  

Sheldon : "I would have preferred you with me  ----- or instead of me."       :nono:       AAAAAGH just stop killing my buzz TBBT!

:superstition: Oh well. -- I'm off to see how a small burglar and a battle of wits with Smaug turns out.

• Like 1

This recap is dead on!!

"And what of Amy? Her prediction is a gloomy image wherein she's singing herself "Happy Birthday" while crying in/to the frosting on her cupcake. She's spent the half-hour making the point that her beloved has changed all their lives, but everyone tells her that she's the one who has prompted the most change -- in Sheldon.

It's a clever moment that allows the show to explicitly point out how, since adding Amy, Sheldon has grown (as much as a character with his social tics can be expected to, realistically), while also giving Amy a touching win. When Leonard shows her that she's made it to screensaver status for Sheldon, it's touching, while still being remarkably funny, as she quickly morphs into a comic book character. "I am in the mix. And I'm the hottest one!" she exclaims."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/12/the-big-bang-theory-recap-the-gang-imagines-life-without-sheldon-in-the-cooper-extraction.html

This should be Mayim's Emmy submission for 2014.

I am just a (hopeless) sappy romantic, especially when it comes to Shamy, hence the avatar and signature.

Maybe I should ask Raj advice on being butch....

Your siggy is awesome and now I have a slight crush for my fellow shipmate...............

I didn't like that fact that Amy didn't know about Missy's baby and that he was going to Texas.  I feel that they know every detail of their lives and she wouldn't find out at the same time as Penny and Leonard.  I really expected Amy to say, "Yes, he is going to Texas and were are off to the airport".

Oh, I loved that way that Stuart was okay with Amy continuing her Shenny shennagians.  lol  

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 3

Yes tonight's episode of @BigBang_CBS had me singing myself happy birthday. .on my actual birthday. Amazing!

I really doubt she meant it. I can picture her saying it in an emotionless/comical way. I'm a huge Shamy fan and I wouldn't worry about it.

I am a hereosexual female, but I talk a lot about wishing to see Amy in skimpy outfits. No shame.

Well, that's because Mayim is a catch.  I'm developing Mayim feels and I haven't fangirled in such a long time.  My last celeb stalking crush was Glenn Close and I followed her for like 10 years going to the library to dig up microfiche cause this was before the internet.  lol.

Edited by notchinc

First off all, I want to say that I think this was the best episode this season so far, even beating the Scavenger Hunt.

It was funny, it had romance both for Shamy and Lenny.

Two things I did not like:

The line from Penny about her paying 10 bucks if Sheldon was actual in the room when Sheldon & Amy made a baby.

And, like dessertisserved said, why did they add the line in the staircase scene about Sheldon wishing Amy went to Texas instead of him? That ruined most of that scene for me.

But even those two things can't bring this episode down for me.

• Like 2

I totally melted at the very beginning when she proposed to drive him to the airport and he was all cute saying "i don't want to be a bother".

I was waiting for a classic debby-downer Sheldon punchline who would bring the Shamy mood down, and was so surprised when it didn't come ! (well, except for poor Leonard)

Edited by Leia
  • Like 2