The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

The whole "I wouldn't be living alone" thing: I'm kind of wondering whether they're going somewhere there this season, with the whole Lenny advancement and Leonard/Sheldon frictions and Sheldon being obviously 100% into this relationship now (as evidenced by his constant phone calls through the process, and him saying he would have liked her to be in TX with him). I don't know that it will happen this season, but I'm wondering if the Spoiler Alert thing is something the writers are really thinking about.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts, as mentioned in my "report" on the episode. I think they are working towards them moving in together AFTER the Penny & Leonard proposal deal works out for the best.

Just finished with my class.Haven't watched the episode yet.CAIN'T WAIT ABOUT IT!!! You guys warmed my Shamy heart so much!!!! I am in love with the Shamy!!!!!!! <3

You'll love it, prepare to have your Fan Girl on!!

thanks~!

edit: it's not available in my region :(

Is it just me or is Amy looking nicer each episode? :D They never really changed her look, but for some reason she looks so much prettier~!

Edited by Queenfisher

I am a woman. Mayim shows EXACTLY the warm feelings a woman in love has for his beloved man! EMMY for her next year, please!

Well she already has one nomination (http://www.sagawards.org/awards/nominees-and-recipients/20th-annual-screen-actors-guild-awards) in the pocket, so hopefully she can at least snag a nomination for the Emmy.

• Like 3

Just seen the laundry scene and its OK I understand now and its all ok

I don´t understand. If SHELDON does not exist, why is he there with Penny? I think it was posted only to show us AMY is (normally) a Little jealous of Penny! Amy considers Penny her best fríend, but, as a woman in love, she may consider her a Little threat . Remember, she was jealous of Alex in season 6! But, as I understand, it was only in AMY´s mind!

I don´t understand. If SHELDON does not exist, why is he there with Penny? I think it was posted only to show us AMY is (normally) a Little jealous of Penny! Amy considers Penny her best fríend, but, as a woman in love, she may consider her a Little threat . Remember, she was jealous of Alex in season 6! But, as I understand, it was only in AMY´s mind!

It was simply there to make fun of Penny, because Penny had been making fun of the others (Leonard,Sheldon etc.) before that moment.

And all others agreed with it as they urged Amy on to continue it after Penny's interruption.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 1

There are so many moments I liked in this episode both of the subtle and in-your-face variety. First off, I loved how Sheldon patted Amy's arm and didn't want to inconvenience her while he had no trouble "inconveniencing" his other friends. It shows how much he values her. And then, the constant skyping between the two - it showed such a wonderful healthy relationship behind the scenes where these two literally communicate everything to each other (atleast given by the amount of times he skypes Amy in just one episode). I just found it endearing because to me, communication is the basis of the Shamy relationship. Out of the whole group I think they are the most compatible, intellectually atleast and I would never be worried with them not having things to say to each other. And this is something we have been discussing in the past few weeks, haven't we? The fact that the writers don't highlight Sheldon-Amy's camradrie and amazing conflict-resolution skills, well I thought this episode definitely gave us that and more.

For once, a physical contact wasn't behind the scenes but there and subtle. Also, to top it off, we have Amy defending and standing up for Sheldon and behaving like S04/S05 Amy not normalized as she was in S06. To me it's obvious she wouldn't share the rest of the gang's opinions given that she gets Sheldon and is so similar to Sheldon in many ways and loves him for his intelligence and loyalty so that was a really nice touch for the writers to add. Then, coming to the flashbacks - the one with Penny was not bothersome to me at all even though it seemed pretty gratuitous to have Kaley Cuoco standing in just a bra - to me it highlighted just how innocent Amy was when it came to matters relating to intimacy. I mean Sheldon is saving himself for a bespectacled neuroscientist girl with the color of hair??? Man, that is so dreamy it's adorable. Oh and I forgot to mention, I loved Amy and Penny playing games in the beginning of the episode - I think while Amy is not a nerd/geek, she still enjoys playing nerdy/geeky games (which is why she was so excited to play D&D in 6x23 and also in 6x11 I think), so for her to not only play a game and enjoy herself but be a pro at it was amazing and it also showed us an Amy/Penny bonding moment. I wonder if she plays such games with Sheldon and whether their dynamic there is playful or competitive but I'm digressing.

Anyways, I haven't gotten to the flashback - oh my god, it feels so silly to be speculating about the flashbacks now because like we predicted when Amy was all by her lonesome - I didn't really find her loneliness comic, but actually very sad and to me her spending her birthday alone highlights just how much of a companion/partner she's got right now in Sheldon - someone who will never let her go and someone who is going to constantly be communicating and touching base with her. I don't know why but just the thought of these two spending the rest of their lives together communicating about the different aspects of their lives constantly and being just content in each other's company gives me such warm fuzzy feelings and IDK if I'm like overfangirling but I will move onto the next part.

The part where Leonard, Raj and Bernadette reassure her and tell her how much she has influenced Sheldon which is so true. And I'm so glad that the writers have given us continuity in this matter - we saw Sheldon listening to Amy at 7x09 when he instantly apologized to H/B after her comment. Like koops said earlier, to me Amy's insecurity is totally natural because Sheldon isn't the most overtly affectionate person and Amy doesn't even know how closed-off Sheldon was or just how ludicrous the idea of Sheldon being attracted to someone and dating anyone else was until she came into the picture or even just how Sheldon shot off any and every girl/guy who flirted with him and tried to get into a romantic/sexual relationship. Ironically, even though Penny was massively OOC and Sheldon would never say he is saving himself for someone, she nailed Sheldon's reaction to a supposed girl trying to "seduce" him in her AU scenario. She truly is special to Sheldon for evoking those feelings but she doesn't even know it  and I'm glad the gang emphasized that to her.

And then the screensavers, I don't have anything to say which everyone hasn't said yet. I mean she's the first picture on his screensaver so she's likely the first thing he sees when he opens his computer - it's just so sweet the love they share for each other. And I LOVE how Amy got all happy and supremely confident with the whole "He's so into me" - It reminded me of S05 Amy when she would go "You think they don't have mirrors in there? I know how I look" to Penny or Bernadette telling her she looks pretty. And then that last scene, that was just an amazing ending for this episode. First off, we have again hints at their amazing camradrie where it's implied she goes to get him from the airport. Also I loved the Han Solo dialogue - it's so perfect for Sheldon. In the movie Han Solo says "I know" to Leia not because he's too cool or suave or anything but he wants to spare her the pain of hearing his response incase he doesn't survive (so in a way him saying 'I know' is more indicative of his love for Leia than saying ILY back) so it was very fitting for Sheldon to say those words even though he wasn't in any mortal danger or anything as like koops said it indicated that he missed her too!!! (atleast going by the implications behind the line) And then the way Amy was adoringly staring at him and she asked him about whether he missed her and he outright states that he would have preferred if she would have been there with him - my feels, lol. See I love these natural day-to-day lovey-dovey interaction between them - it's mind-boggling that for two people who don't really work together (until this season AND even then they work in completely different fields) or who don't live next to each other these two spend as much time as they do in the show. It's clear they love hanging out with the other and enjoy each other's company. In a way their relationship totally mirrors the L/P relationship but in the opposite direction - these two are best-friends who are phasing into a more intimate relationship. Case in point that scene when Amy awkwardly touches Sheldon on the shoulder, for all the talk about how Amy is "desperate for sex" or w/e at her heart she is so innocent and shy --- it's just like watching your first love unfolding on the screen when you get giddy at holding hands or even the merest physical contact like the brushing of legs. It is idealistic in today's world but it's also so very heartwarming to follow this beautiful but awkward and quirky journey to intimacy on the screen.

• Like 9

First off all, I want to say that I think this was the best episode this season so far, even beating the Scavenger Hunt.

It was funny, it had romance both for Shamy and Lenny.

Two things I did not like:

The line from Penny about her paying 10 bucks if Sheldon was actual in the room when Sheldon & Amy made a baby.

And, like dessertisserved said, why did they add the line in the staircase scene about Sheldon wishing Amy went to Texas instead of him? That ruined most of that scene for me.

But even those two things can't bring this episode down for me.

I agree, I was not a fan of this line mainly because Amy was in the room and to say that is front of a friend that was so "frustrated"...ouch. But it didnt upset me though, I just I rolled my eyes at it a little.  I get that it was kind of a way to make a joke about a Sheldon and Amy not having sex yet and I guess the writers decided instead of Amy saying it this episode they will give that line to Penny lol. I also wasn't too  annoyed about it because I think they were just playing down the Amy/Sheldon babies line, because for me that was a pretty exciting question/line.

A few things about that Penny/Shamy babies line that I like that no one make a snarky remark about them not having kids. Amy didn't say anything denying it (big plus) and the guys didn't either. There seemed no questions that someday they could have a kid, just a comment about how it would be conceived. And I am not saying they will have kids on the show ( I always feel I have to put this disclaimer in when we talk of Shamy babies LOL) but it still gave me some feels to think about them having a family someday. 

Also 10 dollars isn't a lot of money.If someone is sure something is never going to happen people usually joke something like “I bet you a million dollars that won’t happen” or at least something more than 10 dollars. I just didn't think she sounded so sure and she may have to give those 10 dollars up at some point ;) 

A few things about that Penny/Shamy babies line that I like that no one make a snarky remark about them not having kids. Amy didn't say anything denying it (big plus) and the guys didn't either. There seemed no questions that someday they could have a kid, just a comment about how it would be conceived. And I am not saying they will have kids on the show ( I always feel I have to put this disclaimer in when we talk of Shamy babies LOL) but it still gave me some feels to think about them having a family someday. 

Yeah I liked that too, that noone made fun of it after Penny's line.
I actually had to listen to that scene again, because the first time I really thought Raj said "do you really want Sheldon there WHEN you have kids" but he then I realized he said IF instead of WHEN.

That would have been to much for us Shamies probably :wub:

Other than agreeing with pretty much everything that has been said, especially by koops and menamena, I was so surprised and happy and melting inside to see how much of a Shamy testament this episode is. I was hoping they would acknowledge Amy's importance in Sheldon's life, and they did so wonderfully. After a couple of episodes that were a bit of a letdown that threw me back in late season 6 PTSD mode lol, this one reinstates my hope for Shamy and that something is bound to give pretty soon.

Tears won't stop falling. Actually, they're not really falling, since I'd probably rust like Sheldon :p, but... I have my koala face on. All is Shamy and nothing hurts, all that jazz, a bag of chips, sunshine, unicorns and rainbows. Alright, I'm done. I'm as much of a sap as Sheldon sometimes, goodness gracious. :biggrin:

• Like 5