The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

oh I wanted to add this line almost made me faint:

Bernie *to Amy*: he's never gonna stop that, is he? (the triple knocks)

Amy: I don't mind. I plan on putting his love of repetition to good use some day

It reminds me of all the fanfics where Sheldon is determined to "get it right"  :swoon: 

• Like 6

I agree with MJ though on it seems like this episode might be continued later or perhaps building up something, when do the sweeps start? Nov?

I agree that this episode is building up for something during sweeps.  November sweeps is October 31 through November 27.  

I think it has to mean something with both Amy and Bernadette in solidarity against their boyfriends (who are reverting to a more primitive state with laser balloon popping.)

One detail we are missing. What does Dr. Gunderson look like? Is he Hollywood geeky? Hollywood Swedish Geeky? Or is he just a dude sitting next to Sheldon's cute lump of wool?

Cute lump of wool. That is at once precious, sexy in a weird way, and the kind of pet name grandparents use for each other. I LOVE IT!!!

I haven't wanted to risk my bliss, but I am going over to the spoilers thread.

Edited by Chaliceinnana
  • Like 1

Sweeps is when the shows bring out the big plots because advertisers decide to invest more money depending on ratings around that time of the year (or something like that).

I honestly doubt that they will pick up on this particular plot again. They hardly ever do cliffhangers, even in season finales (I mean, 6x15 ended with even less resolution than this and it was dropped completely). And I also don't think what we have to take away from it is the classic "men never grow up and they have to learn lessons" kind of message. Or at least I hope to Cod that isn't the case. These guys will always be nerds and that is totally fine. The tag just highlights that. 

I also don't get the impression, from the taping report, that Sheldon went over there because he was jealous of anyone. It sounds like Amy was sitting with a bunch of colleagues, and even from Jim's interview there was no mention of jealousy. Sheldon says that she probably wishes she could sit at the "cool table" so he goes over there to do her a favor... of sorts. Bottom line to that scene, and maybe Monique can clarify when she wakes up, is that Howard told him that he shouldn't want to have his girlfriend around at work because she will cling to him like a moth or something, but, in reality, it's the other way around. It's Sheldon who can't stay away from her. And so he goes over there and overdoes it, like Jim said, because he thinks it's a "good thing". Also, for all we know Dr Gunderson could be a woman. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 1

Great summation, koops! :)

I agree that the ending isn't meant to be any kind of cliff-hanger and won't be followed up on.

I think you're right in saying that both the end of the Shamy scene, with Sheldon's "I didn't mean me" and the door slam was the way to end the scene in a humorous way, and that the thing with the guys and their laser balloon hunting was a way of contrasting what the girls were thinking with what the guys were actually doing.

I also think that Sheldon went to Amy's table because she didn't come to join him.  I think maybe he kind of felt the rejection even if he didn't know it consciously.

Just like when he says something like, "don't you want to know what I'm thinking?" and when no one takes him up on it, he'll say, "Fine, I'll tell you"--where he wants the attention, doesn't get it, so he goes after it.

She's ignoring him, talking to her new colleagues, so he goes and puts himself in the mix.  I don't think he was jealous at all, but simply kind of showing off--yes, we're in a boy-girl relationship (proud of himself and of her, perhaps), it's even physical (see, how cool we are?), etc.  Maybe even overcompensating for the fact that she had barely acknowledged him a minute earlier.

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this episode!

As I was saying last night in chat, the writers have done a brilliant job at having Sheldon take a few steps forward--openly declaring his relationship, even admitting the physical aspect as if it's something to brag about, not to simply endure, and then going way out of his way to clear the air between himself and Amy, apologizing (in his own fashion) and openly saying that he likes Amy--all without taking him out of character.

This is the way to do Shamy romance--in their own QUIRKY WIERD way, with an acknowledgement of their feelings, but without it being like any other romance you've ever seen, even when it comes to pet names and OCD behaviors...

I imagine that the next few episodes will be about other things, and then in Sweeps, who knows?  Maybe we'll get a Raj-date episode (maybe that's when the Kate/Lucy thing will happen?  Or do we know that that is earlier?), maybe a Lenny ep, and maybe Sheldon's work breakthrough.  And maybe Sheldon's breakthrough ep will have some Shamy aspects--how could it not?

Can't wait for the season to start TOMORROW!!!!!  :biggrin:

• Like 5

I  am enjoying the fact that Sheldon now apparently thinks of himself as "the flame." It is so sweet that he doesn't know that would be a great named for superhero whose only power is seduction and his vague pan-European accent. Catch phrase, "the flame will come to you." 

My comic book ideas aside, Sheldon seems very relationship oriented while still being selfish. It's so him. I am glad the sides were wrong about him bringing up the spanking. What he said in front of Amy's colleagues was goofy enough.

• Like 2

Amy *she tells him sweetly*: Sheldon, I don't think you're weird.

Sheldon: I didn't mean me.Amy smirks.

Sheldon goes on to tell her that he likes her just the way she is...quirks and all.

Amy: I like you too.

tumblr_mtk0ymzrkV1ris0hwo2_250.gif

i just wanted to use this gif so bad  

Edited by bigbangsheldon
  • Like 4

I adore this episode, its like a dream. 

You guys are AMAZING at analysing all this, so glad you're here to post , thank you! I'm not even going to try to write anything that good, I just feel the need to vent my shamy thoughts!

Loved that sheldon initially didn't mind about amy working at cal tech, which is so much better than the negative comments he was continually making about their date nights in season 6. Also glad it seems Amy has stopped trying to make their relationship normal-ish. So relieved that she being more like her usual quirky self. 

That line about amy making good use of his need for repetition, I LOVED IT. Amazing line. I've often thought about her saying something along the lines of using his need for repetition or closure, but that was brilliant! I love that amy says stuff like she'll use that some day, and 'at least when we do make love' and that she has a plan to marry him in 4 years. Its so sweet and gives me lots of hope for shamy. 

I also loved that she said No about the moth and flame line. It reminded me of previous season 4 amy that had sheldon sort of clinging to her. That sheldon went over to her is so sweet. I was so pleased that he introduced himself as her boyfriend (sorta) and called her - my cute little lump of wool :wub:  

The fact he came over to her and confessed that he couldn't sleep because of what happened, 'we are a couple' , and that he likes her just the way she is, is just astonishing. I loved it so much. :yahoo:
He finally that he likes her, but hes liked her for ages IMO. So maybe, he'll tell her that he loves her , when he's been in love with her for a long while.  which..he may be...

This is just so much improvement from season 6. After this episode, I really feel like they're moving forward. With the last season, it felt a bit strained and it was IMO a bit unsure as to whether they were actually moving forward because they seemed to constantly take a step back. The love spell potential gave me high hopes for season 7 shamy, but also a bit fearful incase there was this huge step back. Reading the taping reports on the past couple of episodes has really given me the impression that they are so much more comfortable about each other, that somehow the strain or pressure has been lifted. After this ep, i defo feel that they are moving forward, that sheldon is starting to go into a sheldony sort of boyfriend mode, most of all i feel like they are both happier with each other and i don't want to jinx it ,but ...
I can see a SIK on the horizon!!

:derisive:

Edited by ShamyVixen
  • Like 3

Well my lovelies...I am done with my class that I have had all week (out of town still but wont' be back until this weekend).  That means I can enjoy coming online and chatting. I  had a very grueling three days...and am exhausted, but this taping report gave me oodles of renewed energy. OMG ...Koops and Shamyvixen said it all.  How can one not love this episode?   So much in it that I can't even.... but it has been said so I won't repeat other than I love every detail I saw thus far in the taping report.  

I do have a few of questions for Monique/Shamynatress/Kellee:

1) In the original scene at the cafeteria when Sheldon had been talking about their relationship being "physical" he mentioned how he had spanked her.   It appears that was taken out?  Is that correct?

2) What did the colleagues Amy was with look like...were they good looking?  

3) Were there any BTS moments you can share or worth mentioning?

Thank you ladies for bringing us the report...and what a lucky set of ladies being able to see this one.   It sound so funny and adorable and well....just full of feels....

• Like 3

Well my lovelies...I am done with my class that I have had all week (out of town still but wont' be back until this weekend). That means I can enjoy coming online and chatting. I had a very grueling three days...and am exhausted, but this taping report gave me oodles of renewed energy. OMG ...Koops and Shamyvixen said it all. How can one not love this episode? So much in it that I can't even.... but it has been said so I won't repeat other than I love every detail I saw thus far in the taping report.

I do have a few of questions for Monique/Shamynatress/Kellee:

1) In the original scene at the cafeteria when Sheldon had been talking about their relationship being "physical" he mentioned how he had spanked her. It appears that was taken out? Is that correct?

2) What did the colleagues Amy was with look like...were they good looking?

3) Were there any BTS moments you can share or worth mentioning?

Thank you ladies for bringing us the report...and what a lucky set of ladies being able to see this one. It sound so funny and adorable and well....just full of feels....

1) I do not recall anything about spanking, but Incould be wrong. It was hilarious. He said that there relationship includs handholding and hugs.... Even on non-hug days. And that it is crazy!

2) gundarson is an old grey haired guy, the girl was pretty and younger

3) nothing special. But johnny and kaley came out mid taping and said thank you to the audience. Really cute

What Inwant to add about the 1. scebe in the cheesecake factory:

Sheldon was actually googeling the relation of root vegeteblas to phallus symbols. Cracked me up!!!!!!

• Like 6

What??? Hug on non-hug days? That means Shamy have hug days??? AND PHALLIC SYMBOLS? Wow, this episode - it just keeps getting better and better. There are so many subtle hints about Sheldon being far more sexually aware and Shamy being more comfortable with sexual matters. I love it!!!

Edited by menamena
  • Like 3

So hug days have been added...oh my....would love to know more about those.  LOL!    And he is comparing the root veggies to phallic symbols?  Oh my!   So many sexual innuendo going on in this episode...Definitely leading ot something. I  do believe they have made the decision to move forward witht hem and are leading them definitely the right direction so far.   I still am stunned at how good this episode sounds (especially this early in the season). I  am thrilled!

• Like 1

Per 7.05, it's sounds like Amy is going to do something to get Sheldon to treat her better. She has taken SO much abuse (though often Sheldon down't realize this). Howard may get a similar treatment. Both guys need to learn to put the relationship first.

• Like 1

Well no wonder Amy didn't mind him googling root veggies on date night....lol.

When the hell is hug day? How frequent is hug day? is there a clause for a floating hug day? Is date night an automatic hug day? If floating hug day falls on date night does that hug day move to the following Monday, like President's Day?

God, so many questions.

It's Sheldon, so you know hug day isn't Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

But hugs on non-hug day. It's like the wild west! with that and pooping at the cheesecake factory... our little Shelly's this close from grabbing a bottle of hooch and trying to make the hotel thing happen.

Edited by Chaliceinnana
  • Like 5