The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

When I first read there was a SIK, I was just about to go to bed, but decided to check the thread one more time. I think Rachel posted there was a SIK and I jumped up. I ended up staying up til 4 am lol. It was the night before my first day of classes back at school. I ended up not going. The first day is always boring anyway lol. And there was no way I'd be able to concentrate.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

Napa Valley = V-day ep with love lock

Salt Lake City = SIK

YooHoo = AIK

Pasadena = Big, but no kiss. 

Release the Kraken = Big, but bad.

Wheaton!!!= Nothing

Those are the codes we made up the indicate a big event or not so big event with the Shamy. It allows me to post a code straight out of a taping without saying anything else. LOL.

So on Tuesday, I posted " Napa" and "Salt Lake City".

Needless to say, Napa Valley was a recent addition. Haha.

• Like 5

^Yeah Monique, honestly while I have really enjoyed the season so far, my final opinion rested on whether there was going to be an SIK or not this season because to me this whole season has been a giant build-up to this moment from the "like you know anything about kissing" scene from episode 2 to the fantasy almost-kiss in episode 6. It's nice that, unlike the previous season, we got a consistent climax for the shamy storyline. I'm also pleasantly surprised that we got the kiss in the middle of the season instead of the finale. I'm curious to see how the writers move forward Sheldon/Amy now - it seems just from the episode that Amy is very satisfied after the kiss and will most likely not make any inadvertant sexual references with the way she is totally chill with hanging out with Sheldon and his buddy at the end of the episode. I think her newfound security in the relationship might be because she now knows for sure that Sheldon is physically attracted to her. So, all in all, even if we get nothing more than this kiss for Shamy, I'm going to extremely satisfied with this season and will continue to follow the show.

• Like 8

I get the feeling we will see some additional step taken during the finale (or the 7.23 episode).  They do a lot of set up for the following season in the 23 and 24th episodes a season.  So I think we might see another step taken. What it will be remains to be seen. It could just be an encore of what we got (which is fine by me), but I do think we are going to see Sheldon moving from being emotionally attached to her to finally showing more signs of his physical attraction to her in season 8.   This season was introducing the concept so the audience could get used to it.  I do think they are likely going to have to show more eye-coitus return in episodes now in order to keep some continuity with what just transpired. 

I agree Amy is more secure and I don't see her pushing for more and I hope the pathetic redundant jokes about her wanting sex disappear now for the remainder of the season.  But I do think they will want to show us that they are falling more and more in love including physically on Sheldon's side by an occasional hug, cuddle, hand-hold, brush of cheek, eye-coitus or something.  I don't expect every episode, but enough to keep it consistent. 

I agree the kiss is a huge, huge breakthrough and if they go back to acting like it never happened, I will be extremely disappointed. I could see them showing Sheldon retreating back yet having visions of the kiss (flashbacks shown) so we know that he really is going to have another breakthrough by the end of the season.   But if they ignore it like they did the D&D episode, I will be disappointed.

For now though, I am far too happy with the episode to think about those things.  I am looking forward to what they tape next week and learning what they tape the week after and will let the kiss episode wash over me enough to keep me elated.

• Like 6

There was only four of us in chat when Monique told us, it was amazing!

I wa freaking sleeping then!!!! But I read your post minutes after you wrote it I think. I woke up and the first thing I did was to grab my phone and check out the shamy thread!!!!

The Napa code was cause it was a V-day ep put no love lock right??

• Like 1

I wa freaking sleeping then!!!! But I read your post minutes after you wrote it I think. I woke up and the first thing I did was to grab my phone and check out the shamy thread!!!!

The Napa code was cause it was a V-day ep put no love lock right??

Well the code was supposed to be V-day episode and love-lock, but I think it was used to say V-day episode only.  Obviously per the transcript, there was no love-lock.  Part of me still wants them to continue the story just so we actually get the love-lock.   I would love to have seen that.

Well the code was supposed to be V-day episode and love-lock, but I think it was used to say V-day episode only. Obviously per the transcript, there was no love-lock. Part of me still wants them to continue the story just so we actually get the love-lock. I would love to have seen that.

I was thinking that too star. That if the ep continues maybe there will be a love lock. But even though I think it is possible for the ep to continue I seriously doubt the love lock.

My mind is in doubt about the follow up episode, assuming there will be one.

On one hand it is almost mandatory to continue where it left off, because why would they made the up the whole B&B story.

But on the other hand I think the writers don't want to continue on this big moment, afraid the have to make another big moment, what could diminish the SIK (in their minds, not ours).

My mind is in doubt about the follow up episode, assuming there will be one. On one hand it is almost mandatory to continue where it left off, because why would they made the up the whole B&B story. But on the other hand I think the writers don't want to continue on this big moment, afraid the have to make another big moment, what could diminish the SIK (in their minds, not ours).
I agree. It would be nice if they continue but I don't want another big Shamy moment - they can't have two back to back when they made us wait a season for them in the past. Edited by Blue Bernie

Maybe they just wanted the viewers to know they were going on a overnight trip

I'm not sure how far away it is from Pasadena?

According to google maps, its just over 400 miles.

It is a long distance from Pasadena...an 8 hour or so drive by car....so definitely a long distance.

I doubt they will have a follow-up episode either, or not like we think anyway.   Not only for the reasons you mention, but my guess is that they will try to fit in a major moment for Lenny next, as well as introduce Yvette more into story with Raj.   So the four that are gone, if they are still gone, and they do have a bit of a continuance, it likely will be the four getting into some sort of predicament and something humorous. I doubt it will be continued romance.  But I could see them using the trip still as a vehicle to bring comedy.  

I still think they want to do something with Lenny though and I am guessing it could be a discussion about living arrangements or perhaps a discussion that leads to that one eventually coming again. I think they made a big step with Shamy and they have been building Lenny to make a step, but we haven't seen their step yet other than Penny's career move. Maybe that was their step, but that is more growth for her character related than relationship related (at least directly...indirectly it is very relationship related IMO because I think it impacts their relationship big time).   But directly, it seems that some step is coming still with them. 

Now if there is more serious nature discussions or scenes with Lenny, then they may use the four on the trip as a comedic relief part of the show and let Raj's interaction with Yvette be the sweet  new relationship part.  

I can't help but think of that I Love Lucy where Lucy and Ethel were crushing grapes at the winery.  I could see something funny (not that specifically) like that happening with the other four if they were still in Napa Valley.  They could make a very funny piece out of that and still keep the couples fun.

Edited by stardustmelody

I think tptb are using this season to test the strength of the lenny relationship, I have a feeling they will move in together but not until late next season, by then the baby steps that shamy are taking may result in them living together not as a bedmate couple but as roommates which would help in the next stage of their relationship

ATM though in a strange way shamy are stronger relationship wise than Lenny jmo

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

I am sooooo exitetd! Aaaaaaa I want to see the kiss right NOW! :dancer:

I know, right ! We (Shamy fan) are all so exited ! But we have to wait. I know, I know...It's gonna be so hard...

Has everyone gone into hibernation until the kiss? It's to quiet here now. I need to be excited with other shamys! Haha

I've been heavily thinking about the follow up of this could be.. I might if I get time do a write up of my thoughts later.