In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Hey Pearl, what interview did you get of Jim saying that quote at the bottom with the cartoon of the characters? Lol. I like it! :)

Do you mean the "Someone else's success..." quote?

I think that was from that very short CBS This Morning interview (where that guy cut him off... :rolleyes: )  It was a quote from one of his early theater teachers, as I recall.

• Like 1

Yes that quote. :) I like that.

I think it would have been a great interview if they'd actually given him time to talk.  They were asking some interesting questions and he always tries to give thoughtful answers.

But apparently it was more important to show some photo montage than to let a then-2-time-Emmy-winner for their own network talk for more than 3 minutes.  I don't know why they bothered having him on at all.  But at least we got that nice quote out of it. :)

But guys...  maybe they don't make a halloween theme episode this year, like has not happened in other seasons.
And as we have in the last one (and S5)... It's a possibility. I don't wanna raise expectations about that :B

But guys...  maybe they don't make a halloween theme episode this year, like has not happened in other seasons.

And as we have in the last one (and S5)... It's a possibility. I don't wanna raise expectations about that :B

True, but that would be a very missed opportunity given that Halloween falls on Thursday night this year (the night the show airs). I  suspect they won't want to pass up that opportunity.

If there's another party at the Comic Book store, maybe that's where Lucy shows up and bumps into Penny. In costumes. And maybe Penny will tell her to stay away from Raj, who won't recognize her if she's in costume. 

I remember an older interview where they talked about how they hadn't really thought about holiday-themed episodes that much at first but that the fans seemed to really like it, so they were talkling like they were going to try to do that going forward.  But they haven't been strict about doing holiday eps.

First season, they did a Halloween-related ep--The Middle Earth Paradigm--that aired on 10/29.  But they didn't get to do anything for Thanksgiving, Christmas or Valentine's Day because of the writers' strike from mid-November to mid-March.

Second season, they didn't do Halloween, but they did do Christmas with Bath Item.

Third season, they mentioned Thanksgiving in passing in The Pirate Solution (which aired mid-October), but didn't do Halloween or Thanksgiving.  They did sort of do Christmas in Maternal Congruence, and they did Valentine's Day with Large Hadron Collision.

Fourth season, no Halloween, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, but they did do New Year's Eve with the Justice League episode.  No Valentine's Day.

Fifth season, they did Halloween with The Good Guy Fluctuation that aired on 10/27, but no Thanksgiving and no Christmas (they aired only one episode in December, on the 8th, and then returned mid-January), and no Valentine's Day.

Last season we got Halloween with Holographic Excitation, Christmas with Santa Simulation, and Valentine's Day with Tangible Affection Proof.

So, this season, with 10/31 falling on a Thursday, you'd think they couldn't pass it up.  Maybe we'll at least get a Halloween ep. :)

• Like 1

Am I the only one that went back to try and continue their fic after this report and had this reaction upon sitting down at the computer and realizing that there's no way I can make my Sheldon more adorable than the canon one now? Dammit writers. 

fuck-this-and-this.gif

No, no, no, no, no! I've invested time here! You've got to tie it up! It's like the old joke, 'how do you keep an idiot in suspense?'

Hello everybody!   :girlsmile:

I'm a Chilean Shamy-fan and i just wanna say THANKS for the report, today i wake up really early just the read about it LOL! but definitely worth it.
Hey, I think we need a Shamy's soundtrack over here! for example...

HEAVY Shamy feels over here!   :yes:

Thank you Koalita for such a beautiful Shamy musicvideo. I got something in my eyes while listening this...

I remember an older interview where they talked about how they hadn't really thought about holiday-themed episodes that much at first but that the fans seemed to really like it, so they were talkling like they were going to try to do that going forward.  But they haven't been strict about doing holiday eps.

First season, they did a Halloween-related ep--The Middle Earth Paradigm--that aired on 10/29.  But they didn't get to do anything for Thanksgiving, Christmas or Valentine's Day because of the writers' strike from mid-November to mid-March.

Second season, they didn't do Halloween, but they did do Christmas with Bath Item.

Third season, they mentioned Thanksgiving in passing in The Pirate Solution (which aired mid-October), but didn't do Halloween or Thanksgiving.  They did sort of do Christmas in Maternal Congruence, and they did Valentine's Day with Large Hadron Collision.

Fourth season, no Halloween, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, but they did do New Year's Eve with the Justice League episode.  No Valentine's Day.

Fifth season, they did Halloween with The Good Guy Fluctuation that aired on 10/27, but no Thanksgiving and no Christmas (they aired only one episode in December, on the 8th, and then returned mid-January), and no Valentine's Day.

Last season we got Halloween with Holographic Excitation, Christmas with Santa Simulation, and Valentine's Day with Tangible Affection Proof.

So, this season, with 10/31 falling on a Thursday, you'd think they couldn't pass it up.  Maybe we'll at least get a Halloween ep.  :)

I think this season we´ll have an episode about NEW YEAR´S EVE! New Year´s Eve involves KISSES!

I just loved the implication that came about from the first episode tonight. Sheldon's accepting the bribe of a sailor's hat from Leonard was funny, but having him tell Amy she was going to be Olive Oil was even better. Mostly, because it means he has accepted the fact that they must have couple-themed costumes for Halloween. And, as this is a real couple this time, I would say it's progress.

Also, Amy is starting to give Sheldon's snarky attitude back to him more and more. I adore the startled expression on Sheldon's face whenever she does it. He is well aware of who wears the pants in that relationship.

I have a few issues, of course. But then again, who doesn't. Still, all in all, I am looking forward to the rest of Season 7! :popcorn:

I love that Amy referred to Sheldon as her "sweet little Baboo".  :biggrin:

Agreed. Loved it. But all I could think the whole time was "Oh my God, think of all the fanfictions that are going to be using THAT endearment now." :read:

• Like 2

Amy talking to Sheldon on the phone while she and Bernie were in the hotel isn't a huge deal.or breakthrough really, but I thought it was sweet. Just because it sounded more like Amy was on the receiving end of a Sheldon lecture, Id like to think he called her. :)

• Like 4