The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I didn't know about this, but Lio explained in chat that apparently it is a Peanuts reference: http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Sweet_Babboo

Things I noticed in this ep that I think will/may link to stuff further down the line:

1) "I get it, you're an emotionless robot": Sheldon smirks and says "I try". He knows he has emotions, and is starting to embrace it. These episodes were pretty big on that front and 7x05 will be even bigger. A brave new world, indeed.

2) Sheldon makes a Simon & Garfunkel's reference and sings it out. Next episode we have Amy singing Neil Diamond with Howard. Has Sheldon started developing a fondness for classic rock over the summer with Amy?

3) The sweet babboo + cute little lump of wool + hugging days. Are Shamy getting all cuddly and sappy off screen?

4) This episode makes a specific reference to Sheldon being a virgin. 7x04 makes a specific reference to Amy being a virgin. Add to that all the sexual references and jokes around them across all the episodes. If that's not hitting us over the head with Shamy-sex, I don't know what it is.

• Like 8

Other likes for the first episode, Amy getting Bernie excited about the free drinks that were not sent to Penny's cleavage. Although I would have liked it better if they'd lured the men with science instead of their attractive business attire (seriously, y'all, that jacket fit Amy like a glove. Why wasn't she allowed to stand up in?).

Loved the boat. That looked like a fun party! And Hipster Apostle is a good look for Leonard. I also enjoyed Howard destroying the pot pie and Raj talking to a non-friend woman as a human.

For the second episode, there was a lot I liked, there was a lot that bugged me.

Raj and Howard's mutual breast examine and jiggle fest. I had a very similar reaction as Bernie. I liked the ride the dragon concept. I could have done with out all the crying. Someone should have told Howard to put on some lipstick, pull up his panties and take a muscle relaxer.

It was fun seeing Sheldon go drama queen on Leonard. I also liked Leonard trying to subtly conduct Amy and Penny in his "Let's defuse the crazy" symphony while they both looked like they'd prefer to stay out of it. I also loved that Amy is no longer taking shit from Sheldon.

Love the Shamy, could have done with some more Lenny (the Lennies have reason to bitch!) and it seems Howard has embraced having 2 wives.

The disappointing coitus line/"it was fine." made me laugh, but I felt bad afterwards.  

• Like 1

Thank You Koops and Misopohina clarifying what that sweet baboo line meant! When first watching the episode I thought Amy meant that Sheldon is her sweet baboon with "baboo". I first thought it's kind of quirky but since Amy likes monkeys so much it's okay to call him a baboon. :) But I didn't know that Sweet Babboo is from the Peanuts. Now it does make much more sense.

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 1

I didn't know about this, but Lio explained in chat that apparently it is a Peanuts reference: http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Sweet_Babboo

Things I noticed in this ep that I think will/may link to stuff further down the line:

1) "I get it, you're an emotionless robot": Sheldon smirks and says "I try". He knows he has emotions, and is starting to embrace it. These episodes were pretty big on that front and 7x05 will be even bigger. A brave new world, indeed.

2) Sheldon makes a Simon & Garfunkel's reference and sings it out. Next episode we have Amy singing Neil Diamond with Howard. Has Sheldon started developing a fondness for classic rock over the summer with Amy?

3) The sweet babboo + cute little lump of wool + hugging days. Are Shamy getting all cuddly and sappy off screen?

4) This episode makes a specific reference to Sheldon being a virgin. 7x04 makes a specific reference to Amy being a virgin. Add to that all the sexual references and jokes around them across all the episodes. If that's not hitting us over the head with Shamy-sex, I don't know what it is.

I love this. So many implications in one little statement. Oh, writers of TBBT, I love how you speak to me!

I would also like to point out that the best part was when Sheldon said, "It sounded like someone released a kracken." Love that they were able to bring that back.

Loved the Kraken reference from 6x01 too. They are really throwing a lot of stuff in there.

Chalice, that's what I wad thinking too. People assume Amy blabs a lot but I think she may be quite private about the real deal stuff. I was wondering whether their possible off-screen lovey dovey behavior might come out in a "Busted!" sort of humor later in the season.

• Like 3

I'd like Leonard to be the one who catches on. Glimpses little things here and there. Hand holding, they disappear into Sheldon's bedroom for precisely 45 minutes every other Tuesday evening during which time giggling can be heard.

I want Leonard to somehow get caught up in a vow of secrecy where he's covering for Shamy's mostly innocent behavior.

• Like 5

Well, now. I would like to see *something* at least. :p But I agree, I don't mind for it to be mostly implied off screen with whimsical comments, rather than shown all the time. Makes the times we actually see it more special.

But LOL Leonard catching on and covering up. Maybe the tables will turn and L/P will be eveasdropping next.

• Like 1

No, that's the shirt he wore in 5x08. Actually, I think they are both wearing the same clothes as 5x08

AND it's a D&D die on it. LOL! Oh writers.... pun intended?

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

I think it might be the moment she ruins the movie for him and he probably just stands there open mouthed and she shuts his mouth by pushing up his chin. Still adorable. So many subtle hints of comfortable touching lately!

• Like 2

Mayim has naturally darker skin and she seems like the kind of person that wouldn't waste time tanning (don't forget the floppy Blossom hats guarding her from the sun). A little vegan face cream and that's how she'll look until she's 50.

Edited by Chaliceinnana
  • Like 1