The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

Me, after reading the bed bugs and Amy reaction to Bernie's comment on the spoiler tread

tumblr_mqrei1ihYq1s9ukzmo4_250.gif

after reading the Shenny Hug, regarding the romantic Shenny hopes.

tumblr_mqakqqjdrP1r3160to5_250.gif

and sorry for the gif post but,

tumblr_inline_mp6o9uiMCz1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by Redrose
  • Like 3

It has to be positive this season otherwise what's the point of keeping this couple together anymore? LOL. The writers better not waste our time or I'll go down to the set and flip a table. Hahaha.

• Like 3

I just read the Molaro/Comcast Interview.(I don't have the link)

I would venture to say Molaro seemed less coked out this time. Also the interviewer was much more pro-Shamy, so I am less filled with despair.

I am looking forward to hearing your response to the first epi, MJ and of course episode 2.

Although, looking at the script cover, my psychic abilities tell me, the episode is going to be the gang dealing with the fact that Leonard emailed videos of himself dancing in his underwear while singing "Walk this Way" to everyone in his address book.

That man needs to get off the boat.

I don't think we'll get an serious Shamy til episode 3. Sigh.

I got here about 20 minutes ago. Usually I'm one of the first 3 in line but not today. Haha. There are at least 10 ahead of me.

OMG... I hope you aren't out in the sun and you brought water and snacks! what time do they open the doors?

• Like 1

They have vending machines. A food truck usually stops by. Although, we won't need it because Kellee is bringing us food. Haha. We will be waiting until about 4:3 (Cali time) for the check in process. Show starts around 6:30ish...I think.

• Like 2

I got here about 20 minutes ago. Usually I'm one of the first 3 in line but not today. Haha. There are at least 10 ahead of me.

Oh my goodness! I had no idea you got a ticket at all! You're so freakin awesome, Monique! Actually, I totally forgot that today was even a taping day. Please don't stone me.....

• Like 1

After reading the taping report

* dance of joy *

tumblr_inline_mn8u8nGP0V1qz4rgp.gif

I like every single Shamy moment there !! I love the way Amy is resisting him just like before ( with the bus and by treating him a jerk ). The Olive Oyl line is sooo cute !! And OMG the kissing line :icon_eek: Is it a clue for our SIK this season, huh ?!

I can't wait for how Mayim will deliver the " Hello sailor " That's gonna be Crraayzyyy ! ( I already want a gif with that...)

tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo1_250.gif

• Like 4

For the most part I liked this report for 7.02 better than the previous episode, but there are still things that creep me out in it. 

1)  I really thought the Raj/Howard rubbing each other's breasts was creepy.  Sorry but I don't find that funny, but more like skin crawling

2)  I wasn't keen on Sheldon talking about Penny's "famous nether regions" because it comes across like he is thinking of her in a sexual way and as a sexual being, yet if she is supposed to be more of a mother/sibling figure that is creepy to me.   You usually don't like to think about "family" members in terms of sexual beings.

3)  I wasn't keen on the Vagisil line.  I know it is supposed to be funny, but again, creepy.  

I loved Amy being snarky back to Sheldon about the "eating donuts" line and I loved that he immediately thought of her being Olive Oyl to his Popyee.  I loved her leaning on him while listening through the door and loved how he used her "made-up" word (very cute) showing that they sort of speak the same language kind of thing.   I still wish they would bring back a bit more eye coitus and sexually tense moments between them.   There still is a bit of a "distance" there that bothers me especially given how the show has made he and Penny so lovey to each other lately.   It seems he has definitely developed a deeper love for Penny (not romantically, but it is deeper than it was before) since Leonard's absence.  But I don't get that feeling (maybe they will play out better) with Shamy.  I still get that there is a "wall" there when it comes to anything romantic between them.   I wish they would tear down that wall.  It is early in the season and I am hoping we finally will start to see a bit more affection transferred between them.  There was more affection between them before they were boyfriend/girlfriend than since it seems (or at least since S6 started).  

• Like 2

I'm shamelessly spoiled again and I'm happy I am. I really like the sound of everything on this report, except I hope at some point we will see Sheldon pay a genuine compliment to her.

Regarding your concerns, Star, I do not think Penny's "nether regions"'s reputation has anything to do with Sheldon seeing Penny in a sexual light. He has made slut comments about her since the beginning of time, it's nothing new. I don't see how this is any different than him commenting on it in the past. And the Vagisil line was a funny joke because Sheldon earlier mentioned how Penny kept using his reward card for feminine hygiene product. Extremely gross, and as usual Sheldon doesn't even notice. 

I also think the whole S/P bonding thing has been done quite well. They are closer but they still get on each other's nerves. Last week he was giving her hot beverages to go and trying to get rid of her, this week she was trying to get rid of him when he wanted to go shopping more. I also don't think this is anything particularly new, as much as Molaro likes to oversell it: S/P have gone shopping together plenty of times before, she's driven him places plenty of times before, they hung out reading in 5x02, they had meals together before etc etc. I honestly don't think the way it's been played so far it's anything more than what would have been reasonably expected given the fact that they are neighbors and friends who were left to their own devices all summer. What we got so far is NOTHING like what I expected given Molaro's interviews. He so oversells stuff. I bet the whole Shenny thing is going to be swept under the carpet now that Leonard is back. 

This particular episode was very much about Sheldon being upset over Leonard, not Penny. He just felt betrayed by Penny because they both missed him and she was hogging Leonard. I do agree it would be nice to have a mention of Amy also spending a lot of time with him over the summer, but just because they haven't addressed it so far it doesn't mean it didn't happen. The episodes so far were very L/P/S-centric, so it's not their priority to focus on Shamy, it doesn't sound like they even considered the whole Leonard's absence plot as something that would affect Shamy or the rest of the group. It was always a L/P/S thing. Which is a shame, but what can you do? To be honest, I still think they haven't exploited this plot as well as they could have, and since they aren't going to, I'm happy Leonard is back and we can now go back to business as usual.

I liked that this episode addressed everything we didn't like about the finale in a way. Sheldon was not allowed to be the third wheel like he would have liked to be (that car scene was so ruined by his presence), he was upset by something and confided in Amy about it and they were finally once again shown to be a team of weirdos, with their language and equating Chinese takeout containers in the trash to cheating. And he was truly upset over Leonard and their friendship, which is something I wanted to see in the finale but was only barely addressed. I liked that Amy was his accomplice but also stood her ground when she felt he was being an idiot. That was such a great balance. I liked that HE came up with a Halloween costume that is an actual couple this time around. That was such a lovely piece of continuity. And the whole kissing dialogue at the door was intriguing.

This truly felt like vintage Shamy very nearly at their best. If this is what we get while we wait for some movement, I'll be happy. 

• Like 7