The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Exhibit #1 of how damn easy it is to insert physical contact without changing the point of the scene:

Amy tells him "I like you too", goes in for a hug.

While holding her, he says his lines: "I should hope so, I don't see anyone else banging on this door to put up with your nonsense."

Amy steps back, raises her eyebrows at him, and slams the door in his face.

"That's it? Not even a good night?"

End of scene.

It's not that hard now, is it?

Amen to that!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Exhibit #1 of how damn easy it is to insert physical contact without changing the point of the scene:

Amy tells him "I like you too", goes in for a hug.

While holding her, he says his lines: "I should hope so, I don't see anyone else banging on this door to put up with your nonsense."

Amy steps back, raises her eyebrows at him, and slams the door in his face.

"That's it? Not even a good night?"

End of scene.

It's not that hard now, is it? 

I'm run out of likes, AGAIN... but koops, you're the best ! You make me dream all the time ....

I love that :)

I'm run out of likes, AGAIN... but koops, you're the best ! You make me dream all the time ....

I love that :)

maybe we should ask Tripper for more likes! Mainly because one week until the kiss!! And I am sure we'll need hundreds of likes for that!!

maybe we should ask Tripper for more likes! Mainly because one week until the kiss!! And I am sure we'll need hundreds of likes for that!!

We already had our likes increased last week, when Rachel asked :d

Also, can we keep any gifs of the SIK out of the thread until next week, if it's in the promo?

Agree!! and screen caps. and icons. :p

I'm actually going to trust the CBS monkeys this time though, I don't think they have put a big moment in a promo for a LONG time just teased about it.

Edited by bigbangsheldon
  • Like 3

I agree with Andy her undying and unconditional love for him is sweet but sad when we don't see her get affection back

And I just found this and it kinda pissed me off

ta3uheqa.jpg

Did Moralo just seriously say that she thinks she has a chance with the guy..... "Despite so much evidence to the contrary"? I mean they know what they're doing it's not just a slip of the writers.

This article just makes Amy look bad :(

How about that episode with the letter from Howards father. Even though Sheldon didn't spend time with her, she did admit she loves his quirks, and was desperately looking for others to support her.

But even when she didn't get any, she didn't take it back.

That was a way of them telling me what she loves about him.

That could be interpreted in "Sheldon being Sheldon", I just don't see it that way.

I think really what it boils down to for me is I need to see why Amy is in this relationship. Her undying devotion to Sheldon at this stage doesn't really make sense to me right now. I had a thought while thinking over Amy in 7x01. Ok, so in this episode we see Amy (and Bernie) receive drinks from other men. She is honestly very thrilled about this because it must really help her confidence. However, judging from the next scene, it's not even a thought for a moment to go over and talk to the guys. It even seems that she made Bernie be the one tell them they are unavailable rather than herself. I, sadly, am thinking to myself right now, why is that? Why does she not even think for a moment to stray from Sheldon? I feel like the creators simply seem to be saying to me, what many of us from time to time say, which is well "Sheldon IS Sheldon". Yes, he is. But is that a reason? Sheldon being a genius and his preying mantis looks aren't enough of a reason for Amy to love him. What does he give her that makes her keep fighting for them so much? 

Sometimes I worry that the reason is because of what Sheldon has given her in her life. She loves him because he gave her a social life. He allowed her to open up and gain her girls (and now her boys). She leads a full life now and that's why she wants to keep Sheldon. But at the same time, I know that cannot be it. But yet, I still find myself wondering. I don't feel like we've been given real storytelling proof. I feel like the show just wants me to accept that she does love him and I don't need to see proof as to the why of it all.

Something I think could work would be a scene where Amy says something goofy that shows her love like maybe "I love how Sheldon helps me organize my stamp collection. I love that Sheldon compliments my sweaters. Without Sheldon, who would jam out with me on my singalong nights?" Of course their job is to make it more creative :p

I just really think that giving us an insight into Amy's heart in regards to her relationship with Shamy would really help tell their story so much better.

So much boldness! 

I am the first to say that people often forget how much Sheldon has enriched Amy's life. And we got an episode to show that (7x11). However, that is simply not a good enough reason to be with someone. At some point, it's not enough anymore. Her friends wouldn't leave her because she's not dating Sheldon anymore. They can't keep showing us that Amy just loves Sheldon no matter what and we just have to take it at face value when we are never shown anything to prove why she sticks with him.

I was just thinking that they have not touched since 6x16. A whole year goes by with no proper physical contact until the SIK. And now? Are we going to go another year before the next one? That is frankly absurd. But you're right that the hints don't even necessarily have to be physical. Even hints about them having things in common that they enjoy only with each other would count. 

And yes, totabcn, saw the article earlier and I had to use a lot of Kohlinar to suppress my anger. 

• Like 6

I agree with Andy her undying and unconditional love for him is sweet but sad when we don't see her get affection back

And I just found this and it kinda pissed me off

ta3uheqa.jpg

Did Moralo just seriously say that she thinks she has a chance with the guy..... "Despite so much evidence to the contrary"? I mean they know what they're doing it's not just a slip of the writers.

This article just makes Amy look bad :(

WOWWW. Really Molaro? I don't like that AT ALL.

• Like 2

I can't read what the article says, can u paste and copy please?

Molaro says: "It was huge for Amy to discover in our Christmas episode that Sheldon has her picture as his screen saver, so she really thinks she has a chance with the guy, despite so much evidence to the contrary." He goes on to promise a moment for them that is "big and beautiful and really special."

How about that episode with the letter from Howards father. Even though Sheldon didn't spend time with her, she did admit she loves his quirks, and was desperately looking for others to support her.

But even when she didn't get any, she didn't take it back.

That was a way of them telling me what she loves about him.

That could be interpreted in "Sheldon being Sheldon", I just don't see it that way.

To me saying she loves him for his quirks is not the same thing as the writers showing why she loves Sheldon for what he does for her. In a relationship story you want to see what each of the members involved get out of the relationship. I want to see that for Amy. Knowing she loves Sheldon just because she does isn't what I mean. I want to see what HE does for HER. 

Edited by AndyRenee
  • Like 5

It says things like "WILL SHE FINALLY land him?

Amy is taking sheldon -the sexually squeamish nerd of her dreams- [eye roll] to a romantic bed and breakfast. With separate rooms of course... Plus Sheldon's really only going because there a train ride involved. Still a girl can hope can't she?" KMN blegh

"It was huge for Amy to discover in our Christmas episode that Sheldon has we picture as his screen saver so he really thinks she has a chance with the guy, despite so much evidence to the contrary" says executive producer Steven Moralo who promises a moment for the dippy duo that is big and beautiful and really special" yea and on the next episode she supposedly manipulates him into not breaking up. I swear sometimes I wanna strangle Moralo.

Edited by totabcn

I think really what it boils down to for me is I need to see why Amy is in this relationship. Her undying devotion to Sheldon at this stage doesn't really make sense to me right now. I had a thought while thinking over Amy in 7x01. Ok, so in this episode we see Amy (and Bernie) receive drinks from other men. She is honestly very thrilled about this because it must really help her confidence. However, judging from the next scene, it's not even a thought for a moment to go over and talk to the guys. It even seems that she made Bernie be the one tell them they are unavailable rather than herself. I, sadly, am thinking to myself right now, why is that? Why does she not even think for a moment to stray from Sheldon? I feel like the creators simply seem to be saying to me, what many of us from time to time say, which is well "Sheldon IS Sheldon". Yes, he is. But is that a reason? Sheldon being a genius and his preying mantis looks aren't enough of a reason for Amy to love him. What does he give her that makes her keep fighting for them so much? 

Sometimes I worry that the reason is because of what Sheldon has given her in her life. She loves him because he gave her a social life. He allowed her to open up and gain her girls (and now her boys). She leads a full life now and that's why she wants to keep Sheldon. But at the same time, I know that cannot be it. But yet, I still find myself wondering. I don't feel like we've been given real storytelling proof. I feel like the show just wants me to accept that she does love him and I don't need to see proof as to the why of it all.

Something I think could work would be a scene where Amy says something goofy that shows her love like maybe "I love how Sheldon helps me organize my stamp collection. I love that Sheldon compliments my sweaters. Without Sheldon, who would jam out with me on my singalong nights?" Of course their job is to make it more creative :p

I just really think that giving us an insight into Amy's heart in regards to her relationship with Shamy would really help tell their story so much better.

I think Amy and Sheldon's feelings has developed from the point that they are very similar both in intellectual level and social life. She said in S4E5 "I find the notion of romantic love to be an unnecessary cultural construct that adds no value to human relationships.", it was pretty much like Sheldon's perspective. They also have their own games which even Leonard can't understand. It seems they enjoy talking to each other so much, in S4E1 they didn't hang out in person but communicated on daily basis all the time. At some point, it changed from relationship of the mind into romantic relationship. IMO, Penny was the one who changed Amy into more normal person in term of social interaction. 

However, I'm a bit disappointed that Sheldon kind of takes her for granted, in my crazy thought, I wanna see Kripke hit on Amy and try to get her ( I like Kripke, he's handsome and smart, may be smarter than Sheldon), it just popped up in my head sometimes, don't be serious about it :dancer:

• Like 2

I don't know. That article didn't really bother me. I think saying "has a chance" with Sheldon probably means a chance at real, physical affection. More than just hugging and hand-holding. Because there has been evidence that shows that Sheldon hasn't been willing to make that step (when he told Amy that everything was just sex with her when she asked for the walk). I mean, I don't think Molaro words things well at all, but I have faith that the SIK is the writers showing that while Sheldon, and even Amy, didn't know if he was ready to kiss her yet, he was, and he liked it.

The Christmas episode showed that Sheldon has deeper feelings for Amy than she realized, so now she thinks there is a chance that Sheldon is ready for more. Also, the article didn't make Amy look bad to me. But I love Amy, so she won't look bad in my eyes most of the time. And I hope that it wouldn't make her look bad to any but the most hating of haters.  

• Like 2

I think Steve was talking about what Amy said in 7.11.

Either way, lets be real. 99% of Steves interviews have weird looking comments in them. I wouldn't worry about them or focus on them too much, he just doesn't phrase himself well in interviews most of the time. 

Poor baby, always comes out with silly stuff.

I think I gave up on his weird comments in interviews during the Summer. :p

Edited by bigbangsheldon
  • Like 1