The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I do love season 7 so far but I come here not just as a wet blanket, or a party pooper but a suffering soul hoping that you’ll convince me that I am wrong and I should feel otherwise.

Truth: I cannot share in the early delight of the upcoming episode

Episode 7x4: The Raiders Minimization 10/10/13

It all began with the promo after last week’s episode 7x3 for 7x4. Amy makes the comment to Sheldon about “losing her virginity” and the folks I was watching with all said “How mean!” To them it seemed that Sheldon is mocking Amy’s desires (hearing it on the heels of learning her sad back story experiences didn’t help) but I’ve read the spoilers and from the onset I rationalized that no words can give complete description without the style of delivery and full view of the final editing. So it would be best to wait to pass judgment on the final product.  So until now I’ve preferred to remain silent.

My problem is that I’m still cowering from the painful S6 Shamy blows and today when I read a brilliant post by Koops (other thread or forum. I think. Read it from my phone) that stated “I much prefer the struggle to be represented by Shamy VS the world than Sheldon vs Amy.”

That statement encapsulated the pause in my enthusiasm for the next episode.

I ask how is it that a man seeking REVENGE on his girlfriend/beloved is a positive for their relationship. I don’t find it funny. I’m not getting any feels.   It harkens back to where we were prior to 6x23. Sheldon v. Amy hurts my Shamy shipping heart.

“If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?” While I would love to see Jim in a version of the Merchant of Venice I do not want Sheldon’s typical behavior to be his way with AMY. Can’t they find couple humor in camaraderie like Amy/Howard instead of the antagonism ala the Honeymooners or War of the Roses? (I’m keeping my eye on you B/H). I feel I can’t trust that Shamy (writing) won’t be a bipolar mess of sweetness (my sweet babboo) one episode or snark (don’t just stand there take out your breasts) the next. The skinny lady and fat man nightmares!

War-Of-The-Roses-kathleen-turner-3283392

I am looking at the silver lining 1) I love Raiders 2) I love Shamy touches 3) I know Sheldon has to find his way in navigating relationships because he has had poor examples in his life. 3) I hope Amy makes him see the error of his ways in a loving/Amy manner

4) I am giddy from the 7x5 report

I remember an interview Jim did where he gave thanks to Mayim and the Amy character for being able to soften Sheldon’s edges, allowing his character to finally enjoy someone not just be against or abrasive with others.  The promos aren’t giving me that softened edge, especially the latest where Sheldon says “Here’s my jaw drop it!”  His tone if awful towards her and was the final blow that brought me here.

sheldon.gif

It’s just a sitcom. It’s just a sitcom. It’s just a sitcom.

koops made all the good points, but I wanted to "point" out something else. To Sheldon, Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of his beloved passions (probably right up there with Spock and Darth Vader). This movie is something he had revered since he was a child. I don't think we can overlook the fact that he is introducing something very important to Amy. Even his use of "virginity" in talking about getting her to watch it for the first time shows how important this event is for him. Then, to have her--after one viewing--point out a fatal flaw in something he had loved for all time would be a tragedy to him. How can he ever really enjoy this film again the same way and with the same devotion? He can't. So, it's almost like she has destroyed--unwittingly--a treasured childhood memory that he can't get back. Thus, Sheldon's first instinct is to act childish and to destroy something she holds equally high in esteem. In doing so, he learns more about the things she loves and, in turn, begins to love these things himself. If you look at it that way, this is actually a huge step in the relationship. Also, instead of having Amy retaliate--which I agree would have been hilarious--she is the adult in the relationship and helps Sheldon to not only realize why he was doing what he was doing, but also taught him what was not appropriate about it. Thus, he will act better in the future.

I don't know about you guys, but I am all of a sudden wanting to sigh dramatically and say "Awww."

Edited by Misophonia
  • Like 9

More of seeing shamy share food makes me happier than it should.

ETA: Also I'm curious as to what the bag in Sheldon's hand is all about. Probably nothing significant but I don't remember it in the taping report.

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 5

tumblr_inline_mp9j7vrmHh1qz4rgp.gif

Thanks guys. Your comments helped and I agreed with every single one. I do feel better. I re-watched the new promo and saw it in a different light today.  I'm going to stop reading S6 discussions (unless it's about bloopers) and focus on Dr. Hugsy McTalksalot and Sheldon "the Flame" Cooper et al from now on.  Hopefully all the fanfics with Shamy broken up *cough *cough will be updated and have them together soon. :bye:

Now if we could just find someone attending the taping tonight.  I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to being unspoiled. :beach:

• Like 1

That last photo is priceless! Too bad that when monkeys show their teeth it usually doesn't mean good things. LOL! 

I don't remember the food from the taping report either. I wonder what's in there. 

• Like 3

tumblr_mud6w40a181r0znoto2_1280.jpg

Sheldon isn't sitting in his spot!!!! WTF???

Can I just say, not to be a downer, but I am so fed up with the girls nights now? Girls drinking while guys do nerdy stuff. Why can't we have the girls shoot at balloons too for once? Meh.

• Like 8

Can I just say, not to be a downer, but I am so fed up with the girls nights now? Girls drinking while guys do nerdy stuff. Why can't we have the girls shoot at balloons too for once? Meh.

Well, in this case, it if they shot at balloons they'd get kicked out of the cheese cake factory for disrupting a birthday party.

But if they are trying to show the women as more mature than the monkey boys... oh god what do cool girls do now besides drink? I am old.

• Like 1

lol I just noticed the monkey is wearing a nappy

He's got panties just like Sheldon! :biggrin:

And, yes, I SAID IT!!! :p

As I recall, they're not really having a girls night so much as a gripe session about the guys.  I think Amy and Bernie were complaining and Penny said that Leonard was going to talk to the boys--and we see that they're playing instead, etc.

• Like 2

tumblr_inline_mp9j7vrmHh1qz4rgp.gif

Thanks guys. Your comments helped and I agreed with every single one. I do feel better. I re-watched the new promo and saw it in a different light today.  I'm going to stop reading S6 discussions (unless it's about bloopers) and focus on Dr. Hugsy McTalksalot and Sheldon "the Flame" Cooper et al from now on.  Hopefully all the fanfics with Shamy broken up *cough *cough will be updated and have them together soon. :bye:

Now if we could just find someone attending the taping tonight.  I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to being unspoiled.

Yeah, people, you need to update your fanfics! Hmmm... wait a minute ... Oh! :blush: I see what you did there. :focus:

103899_D1047bc.jpg

:crying:

103899_D1143bc.jpg103899_D0765bc.jpg103899_D0396b.jpg

I noticed that Sheldon and Amy seem to be sharing an appetizer. Hmm... Sheldon sharing food. We all know how he feels about that. LOL

Edited by Misophonia
  • Like 3

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Well, in this case, it if they shot at balloons they'd get kicked out of the cheese cake factory for disrupting a birthday party.

But if they are trying to show the women as more mature than the monkey boys... oh god what do cool girls do now besides drink? I am old.

they did sneak off work, went to Disneyland and got Princess makeovers, the boys do stuff, but were never badass enough to skip work and sneak off to Disneyland :p

• Like 1

As I recall, they're not really having a girls night so much as a gripe session about the guys.  I think Amy and Bernie were complaining and Penny said that Leonard was going to talk to the boys--and we see that they're playing instead, etc.

I'm not referring to this instance in particular as more to what I felt was a general trend over the last season in particular. We rarely get to see the girls having fun doing something nerdy. And I think that is lame especially where Amy is concerned. She used to hang out with Sheldon going to lectures and doing experiments and inventing games, but now it's like the writers are showing her maturation as her embracing everything the girls like to do, and very rarely embracing something Sheldon likes to do. And when she does (comics, D&D) it's dropped quickly and rarely ever mentioned as an important part of her character.

Maybe this season will be different, hopefully, given that they had her come up with her language again after so long. I thought the girls nights at first were great to show Amy finally having girlfriends, and how she was totally hopeless at girl-talk etc., but now they've gotten old. I hope we won't get to see as many this season as we have in the past. I really really like co-ed plots where there isn't this sense of "the girls are grown ups and drink wine and the boys are children and play with toys". I'd like to see more of the guys drink wine with the girls and the girls shoot balloons with the boys. 

I noticed that Sheldon and Amy seem to be sharing an appetizer. Hmm... Sheldon sharing food. We all know how he feels about that. LOL

Did you forget about the Mixed Nuts? :p

• Like 5