The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I am sure it was a prop error, but let's make it our new head cannon that there was another kiss in Napa (maybe at the love lock bridge).  :girlwink:

I know... :( LOL, for me there was another kiss :p And I stick to it ahah

Edited by Raamaa

Amazing posts, amazing people.

I remember seeing that…like I said something big is happening. I can feel it!! I know some don't want Shamy to have sex this season, but I think they might, or at least get very close. After all the reaction this morning and last night the writers would be stupid to ignore it any further. 

You know... I feel it either... Not that I badly want them to do it soon, but I'm definitely not against it. All the things that happen with Shamy, all their way, is so beautiful, so right, -- I'm always happy with it :curtsey: .  I have one condition though: I don't want them to have sex, I want them to make love, if you know what I mean  :icon_redface: .

From what I've seen, writers aren't stupid :girlwink: .  

Urrrggh my internet is being HORRIBLE today, but I just wanna say I love you all so much. This kiss is an absolutely incredible experience as a huge fan of the show and the relationship, but everyone here has made it so much better. So happy I have you all to share in my Shamy love!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

tumblr_lukcksOsZ11qlyusg.gif

tumblr_lrswjfSwDL1qafrh6.gif

group_hug.gif

Group_Hug_2.gif

giphy.gif

I can't write anything better, so I just copy this wonderful post. Hope, Maddie, you forgive me :girlhide: .

• Like 2

Agreed Koops.

I think that surprised the writers too. Same goes for the magnitude from the fans it self.

I think they knew most would like it, but that it would become trending on Twitter for example, must surprised them too.

Looking forward to what they will do now, knowing how it impacted the fans AND the media. I think it won't be brought up in the next taping episode, coming week, since Bob will be back on that one, but maybe it will just show Shamy in a scene or two together, with little affection signs between them.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 5

I was completely wasted last night but I think I must have been online here at some point cause I just found a hell lot of Death-by-sik selfies on my phone.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 5

Oh I have no doubt that when they finally "do" it, it won't be just sex.

It will be love making, probably just as passionate as this kiss was.

Yes... Poor Sheldon, avoided love and romance all his life... Yet, when he kisses his woman for the first time, it ends up to be full of passion, love and yes... a very romantic kiss. He could do it just because his love for her, it came from him naturally, we know for certain he didn't practice it beforehand! And yet it was the most romantic kiss ever from a man who seemed to hate romance. I'm interested though to think did he plan this someway beforehand? Is the sarcasm only sarcasm or is there more, like something veiled behind that curtain of sarcasm? I would love if he had that in mind even before the trip that he's going to kiss the girl someday, maybe not on this trip, but someday. He wouldn't have needed to kiss her anyway if he hadn't wanted to, just spend some time with her, hold hands and maybe cuddle and it could have been enough for Amy. But he took things even further... I like to think that he had the kiss in his mind to kiss her someday, but was caught by the moment and the tension there. I can't see him kissing her only to make a point how ridiculous romance is. There has to be more more behind that comment. But we know he was caught by surprise how wonderful it felt to him, totally.

• Like 1

I like to think that he had the kiss in his mind to kiss her someday.

Oh yes he has thought about it, but to me Sheldon as I said before, always has kept up a certain wall between his romantic feelings, and what he allows himself to experience.

So yes, he has thought about kissing her, and probably even more than that, based on his "confession" to Leonard and Penny about not ruling things out.

He just doesn't want to admit it to himself, and therefor also not show it.

But when Amy confronted him about deserving romance, that wall broke down a little, making way for her logical, but very emotional outburst to reach his feelings.

In a last attempt to prove how wrong she is, and together trying to "fix" that inner wall, he kissed her.

And we all know what happened next.

That's how I see it.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 2

Well said.

I hope next year Sheldon will be the one organizing the Valentine's date.

Maybe something about the Canterbury tales, Sheldon could be romantic using the poetry in some way.

That would be a nice surprise.

• Like 3

After watching the SIK 20 more times, I'm thinking if they walked to the engine room holding hands(Sheldon initiated hand-holding), that would be more sweet.

Or maybe it's too much/quick for Sheldon.

Just my needy-baby-greedy-baby opinion.

As I said in a last post, I think Sheldon would have liked to take Amy's hand after that.

But I think (look at the way he looks at her) he needed to take the control back, because if he touched her once again, he probably couldn't resist to kiss her again. ;)

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 8

I was always in two minds about whether his "working on it"/"it's a possibility" confession stemmed from him *wanting* to become intimate with Amy or from him wanting to give Amy what she longed for. Do I think he was attracted to her? Yes. We have evidence for that in 5x23 and I don't think he would have even considered being intimate with her if he didn't. But I always felt that those lines could mean both things. Just because he finds her attractive it does not mean that he would like being intimate. I do not know that he expected to like intimacy and all that comes with it. I think that might have played into him "buying time". If he's not sure he'd like it and he's doing it mostly to make her happy, of course he would put it off until it's absolutely necessary. 

So yes, I do think that while he probably did plan on kissing her at some point (since he was contemplating intimacy), he did kiss her just to make a point here and shut her up, kind of. I think it's very consistent with what we've seen so far, even that line in Tenure ("I find the concept of coitus to be ridiculous and off-putting"). He wanted to show her how ridiculous and off-putting all this romance business is. The problem is that after he got his two strikes in, she hit a home run on him. He did not expect was to enjoy it himself, and boy, he did. That's what threw him off completely, and we know that was the point of the scene, like Jim explained. I think this scene really puts an awful lot into perspective in terms of 6x14 and everything that came after that. 

I don't know if the writers were going for any symbolism, but I thought the way that, suddenly, after Sheldon kisses her, Eric is the one being ignored and Amy takes Eric's place, to be very symbolic. It's like you see Sheldon's priorities suddenly being reshuffled and the desire to share his interests with Amy, kind of like he was trying to do all night really, becomes overwhelming. And Amy's priorities really shift too, she does want to be included all of a sudden, she sees the romance in that even thought it isn't about going to the carriage with the glass roof to gaze at the stars. I always say that the biggest hurdle for Shamy to overcome is to find the romance that works *for them* and this was a massive step in that direction, like the Vday date last year was. 

I wanna marry your post

I keep looking at everybody's siggys and avatars and I still get surprised. Chiany's signature is the best because it's so big and in slow motion and I keep staring at it. I may need a doctor.

Edited by pisquenta
  • Like 3

I still can't get over it actually happening!

How nervous he was after it just rips me to pieces.. We have never seen sheldon this nervous before...

Part of me is anxious about 7x16 though.

• Like 3