The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

A couple more viewings of TLM...and maybe more than a couple viewings of the bit starting about 16 minutes in...I really love the audience reaction to the SIK.  

When Sheldon first lunges in...there are more than a few gasps of surprise...then a few seconds of silence as they are probably all going "what is happening!?"  Next the happy outburst of applause and cheers as Sheldon moves in.

Finally, they all seem to be collectively holding their breath to see what happens in the aftermath.  

What a great proxy for the reaction of viewers at home who had similar reactions, if the comments on social media, press coverage, and 1.5 million views on YouTube are any indication!  :)  

[i was reminded of the reaction of one guy during the "fake-out, daydream" kiss earlier this season...you hear loud and clear, "WHAT!?!"   That was great!]

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I want to get this off my chest, so here goes nothin.'

Like all of you, I am still dying and unhealthily obsessing over what I think is the most romantic, perfect SIK we could have hoped for. :-P It was sheer perfection and a major high point for the show. TPTB MUST be aware of the unprecedented reaction this is eliciting among fans and even casual viewers. But I've got to admit...I'm starting to get nervous about how they're planning to slow the progress of Shamy to a manageable pace while simultaneously maintaining the drama and momentum of the storyline.

So here's my fear: I definitely believe that Shamy is endgame. Zero doubt about that. But I am also very aware that when something this big happens, there is no way to avoid some equally big aftershocks.

Some of you have predicted another kiss or an ILY or something equivalent happening during May sweeps. Is anyone (besides me) a little worried that we may end up facing a cliffhanger break-up or "break" brought on by the upheaval of the kiss? I feel like Amy has made it clear that she does need her boyfriend to start reciprocating in some way, and now Sheldon is going to have to come to terms with this enormous, irreversible change in their relationship...so is this the beginning of a big storm? Was the kiss just a band-aid?

Of course, if a break-up does happen, it will be a catalyst for something really good. But I'm bracing myself. Anyone else?

Only posting this because I know this is a safe, wonderful place and you all will have brilliant insights to offer. :-) I love everyone here!

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 5

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I want to get this off my chest, so here goes nothin.'

Like all of you, I am still dying and unhealthily obsessing over what I think is the most romantic, perfect SIK we could have hoped for. :-P It was sheer perfection and a major high point for the show. TPTB MUST be aware of the unprecedented reaction this is eliciting among fans and even casual watchers. But I've got to admit...I'm starting to get nervous about how they're planning to slow the progress of Shamy to a manageable pace while simultaneously maintaining the drama and momentum of the storyline.

So here's my fear: I definitely believe that Shamy is endgame. Zero doubt about that. But I am also very aware that when something this big happens, there is no way to avoid some equally big aftershocks.

Some of you have predicted another kiss or an ILY or something equivalent happening during May sweeps. Is anyone (besides me) a little worried that we may end up facing a cliffhanger break-up or "break" brought on by the upheaval of the kiss? I feel like Amy has made it clear that she does need her boyfriend to start reciprocating in some way, and now Sheldon is going to have to come to terms with this enormous, irreversible change in their relationship...so is this the beginning of a big storm? Was the kiss just a band-aid?

Of course, if a break-up does happen, it will be a catalyst for something really good. But I'm bracing myself. Anyone else?

Only posting this because I know this is a safe, wonderful place and you all will have brilliant insights to offer. :-) I love everyone here!

Before I am going to respond to your post, I have to know?

Have you read the taping report for the episode after the SIK?

Because some of your concerns are already being addressed in that episode, to some degree anyway.

Yes, I've read the taping report. I just don't know if that's going to be the end of Sheldon's freak-out. And even if Sheldon settles down and accepts that he's changed, he may still try to return to the status quo.

I actually think it could be Amy who tries to end it if things don't change. Her declaration that she "deserves " romance could end up being significant beyond 7.15.

• Like 1

Yes, I've read the taping report. I just don't know if that's going to be the end of Sheldon's freak-out. And even if Sheldon settles down and accepts that he's changed, he may still try to return to the status quo.

I actually think it could be Amy who tries to end it if things don't change. Her declaration that she "deserves " romance could end up being significant beyond 7.15.

I think this will be the biggest Sheldon's freak out regarding his changes, for now.

He of course will probably always struggle against change, that's just part of his character, and Amy knows that.

That's why (at least to me) she was surprised to get that kissed like that.

But as others have said, Sheldon now knows how he can be romantic in a way that Amy, and he both like.

Amy might want more, but if Sheldon manages to keep this up, Amy wont break up with him.

Only if Sheldon reverts back to his old, pre SIK Sheldon, than she might want to break up with him.

But we have already heard them both say they want to break up this season (wether it was a joke or not), so I would be surprised if they actually broke up somewhere this season.

Guess we just have to wait and see what they have in store for us.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 6

Retroluv tbh the way 7.16 leaves the Shamy(from what we know anyway) I think they are in a really good place. Sheldon has his freak out moment and he goes as far as trying to break up with her and Amy talks him out of it. If she can handle that she can handle anything. When Amy became part of this relationship she knew who Sheldon was and she gave everything into it(and she took a lot from that relationship as well). So I am confident that the Shamy won't face the possibility of a break up.

Having said that I think I could manage a scenario where Amy breaks up with him and he tries so very hard to win her back if TPTB manage to pull it off like the SIK.

• Like 5

Having said that I think I could manage a scenario where Amy breaks up with him and he tries so very hard to win her back if TPTB manage to pull it off like the SIK.

Exactly, but I really doubt that IF Sheldon and Amy break up, it won't be this soon.

Considering the fact they love the slow progress (both good and bad) for this couple, I can't see two big moments follow each other so fast.

Retroluv tbh the way 7.16 leaves the Shamy(from what we know anyway) I think they are in a really good place. Sheldon has his freak out moment and he goes as far as trying to break up with her and Amy talks him out of it. If she can handle that she can handle anything. When Amy became part of this relationship she knew who Sheldon was and she gave everything into it(and she took a lot from that relationship as well). So I am confident that the Shamy won't face the possibility of a break up.

I can see this scenario happening...Sheldon realizing he can't live without her. I can certainly live with this. :-)

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 1

I hope TPTB take into account the huge, VERY positive (on the whole) audience response to the kiss...and their audience's willingness to accept this change in Sheldon. People are ready for it. They would be fools to sweep the kiss under the rug. And I don't think they are fools. Most of the time, anyway. :-P

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 5

I really like how they didn't feel the urge to "stuff up" Amy in locomotive as much as they usually do, she looked so petite and precious. I wonder if Mayim was wearing anything at all under that dress (ok that sounded dirty). I wouldn't mind if they in a slow pace stopped putting so much on her and let Mayim's natural figure show. It would also make it easier if actual coitus is coming up at some point. Since we have seen both melissa and kaley in just a bra in their scenes we also should get to see mayim ( I demand it, its just fair!) in that single item, when time comes. If they keep making Amy "big" its gonna be tricky with a scene where she needs to lose the shirt.

Sorry for bringing up coitus again.. just havin one of those days :p

Amen to that. Honestly, I don't think it's so nesessary to "stuff her up". Even with cute dress she still stays Amy. But who am I to decide this, hehe!

Delsino is going! :D <3

Super!!

I can see this scenario happening...Sheldon realizing he can't live without her. I can certainly live with this. :-)

I can see it either: if they will break up, it'll be only for good, for him to understand HOW MUCH he needs and wants her. 

I don't expect break up, really. Or we'll see about a thousand cats again. But sure noone knows^^

But I also have to think from the writers POV. On one hand this would be a way to keep the drama going for longer and drag things out. On the other hand it is a waste of time because they have so much ground still left to cover with this couple that I don't see the point in wasting time with a breakup. It's not like Shamy are going to ever go straight from this kiss to the bedroom. They have barely begun to scrape the surface here.

Also, the money is when Jim and Mayim act together. It's clear as day, especially after this episode. Does it make sense to remove their scenes from the show in the name of a breakup and drama? I don't think that's going to make them more money than they do together. So I can't even see how they can make a breakup last that long. They don't need to hammer home their relationship all the time, most of this couple's appeal was how adorably weird they are together. They just need to exploit that more.

I'm a lot more worried about them sweeping the SIK under a table and for it to have no effect whatsoever than about a breakup to be honest, though. I can deal with a breakup but I cannot take anymore of Amy being this miserable. I need her to be happy.

So agree with this!