The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I know I've already said this, but I've been reading more comments about the kiss on YouTube, etc. and I CANNOT get over the overwhelming positive reaction! It actually makes me a little emotional! Macho guys are talking about crying and getting tingles.... I mean seriously, how incredible is that?!

People who casually watch BBT are calling it an epic moment in TV history, and I feel like people outside our tight little circle of fans are finally starting to "get" the magic of the Shamy. I just hope the writers are seeing at least a sampling of the comments; it should affirm that they are headed in the right direction.

It's really incredible. And it makes me so happy. Also I keep lurking through the comments, that people from my place leave. And they are all in shock, and many of them "wowing, crying, jumping, squealling", saying "finally, it's about time, I've waited for this for so long"... It's amazing! :curtsey:  And one comment made me laugh so hard. I'll try to translate accurately:

"There are so many emotions from one kiss. Their bed-scene may make the internet explode."

• Like 8

Just a random thought, maybe it is already shared here. When Sheldon said about the conductor showing how to bring the train to a crossing... What if this line is also kind of figurative and speaks about their relationship coming to crossing somehow soon, and we seem them both go to find out it together? It is also interesting that Sheldon invites her to go there with him. I hope this kiss is somehow "a crossing" to their relationship in a positive way, that have positive consequences to their developement later on. And I hope it especially is a positive crossing for Sheldon - he surpasses his former barriers to a new areas in his relationship he has never gone before.  I don't say it has to mean anything like that,  but just a thought.

• Like 6

Just a random thought, maybe it is already shared here. When Sheldon said about the conductor showing how to bring the train to a crossing... What if this line is also kind of figurative and speaks about their relationship coming to crossing somehow soon, and we seem them both go to find out it together? It is also interesting that Sheldon invites her to go there with him. I hope this kiss is somehow "a crossing" to their relationship in a positive way, that have positive consequences to their developement later on. And I hope it especially is a positive crossing for Sheldon - he surpasses his former barriers to a new areas in his relationship he has never gone before.  I don't say it has to mean anything like that,  but just a thought.

You explained it so well. I feel the same. Oh yes, the kiss was a huge crossing. And yeah... he didn't want to go alone, he didn't want to live that without her! :tender:

• Like 1

I think this kiss has already caused their relationship to pass that crossing. But I usually try not to read to much in those lines, since it could mean anything, or maybe nothing.

Only after a season/series ended you can look back if there were hidding clues.

That link doesn't work for me.

In the last interview with Jim he mentioned the relationship agreement, would that have something to do with 7x16? Maybe they won't use it anymore? (He also mentioned engagement but I don't wanna get ahead of my self TOO much)

Oh and did someone say it took FOURTEEN hours to rehearse? 14 strikes again (yes!)

• Like 4

In the last interview with Jim he mentioned the relationship agreement, would that have something to do with 7x16? Maybe they won't use it anymore? (He also mentioned engagement but I don't wanna get ahead of my self TOO much)

Oh and did someone say it took FOURTEEN hours to rehearse? 14 strikes again (yes!)

I am one (and maybe the only one) who thinks the RA has lived out it's use for them now. Not only hasn't been mentioned for long time now, I like to think they are now reaching a point in their relation where they don't need it anymore.

Sheldon (and Amy to a little bit) still need some security in the relationship, but I think it's time that they find that in each other, not in a piece of paper.

The next commitment on paper should involve wedding bells imho (but not in the next 1 or 2 seasons).

• Like 2

I think this kiss has already caused their relationship to pass that crossing. But I usually try not to read to much in those lines, since it could mean anything, or maybe nothing.

Only after a season/series ended you can look back if there were hidding clues.

That link doesn't work for me.

It's ok now sorry guys... love you all...

• Like 2

It's ok now sorry guys... love you all...

I couldn't open the link either. It's ok. What was there??

I am one (and maybe the only one) who thinks the RA has lived out it's use for them now. Not only hasn't been mentioned for long time now, I like to think they are now reaching a point in their relation where they don't need it anymore.

Sheldon (and Amy to a little bit) still need some security in the relationship, but I think it's time that they find that in each other, not in a piece of paper.

The next commitment on paper should involve wedding bells imho (but not in the next 1 or 2 seasons).

No, you are definitely not the only one. I'm for Roomate agreement, but what concerns the Relationship Agreement, I'm totally agree with this post^

I love the fact that Sheldon rarely understood sarcasm but this time with Amy he just said it naturally. 

It made Amy very special, IMO.

He feels himself very secure with her^^

BTW, Happy tapingsday for everyone!! :girlsmile:

Edited by Frieda Rainstorm
  • Like 3

I would like for someone to anonymously send flowers to Amy. And then for her to assume Sheldon had sent them.... And then watch Sheldon's reaction.

I actually think about this a lot! I would love for her to assume that Sheldon had sent them but when confronting Sheldon about it he actually hasn't got a clue what she's talking about... Therefore leading him to go on his own obsessive investigation to who could be sending flowers to his girl! Another scenario to come out of this would be that he goes out his way to try and one up this invisible admirer, obviously in his own quirky sheldony fashion. 

I would just like to say, thank you to everyone for being so welcoming! Like I said, I was a lurker. So I pretty much knew you would all be as lovely as I hoped  :dancer: 

Its currently 12:30 in England and I still havent had my daily viewing of the SIK... I'd call this progress people.

• Like 5

Oh and to the idea about Amy going away... I used to think that this would be a good idea... But now Im not so sure. Not that it isnt a brilliant idea! But its already been utilised elsewhere for the Penny, Leonard, Howard and Bernadette plots. 

I think another possible good idea would be that by the end of the season, Amys contract his up with CalTech... Sheldon soon realises that he wont be seeing her as much as he used to, I think this would work better though if between now and then they showed him purposely spending more time with her at work. So in realising he wont get to spend as much time with her as he used to, he goes out of his way to hassle Siebert to get her a permanent position. Eventually he gives in to just get rid of Sheldon. Amy first being happy over this eventually finds out what Sheldon did and turns down the position, I mean Amy is an aspiring scientist, there is no way she would get anywhere in her job on the backs of others. But I think somehow this could lead to Sheldon out and out saying that he would miss her and that he needs her, more then he first realised. I think this would also be a lovely contrast between the start of the season when he would deduct anytime spent with Amy from there 'weekly quota'.

Maybe something like this could even lead them to moving in together, who knows. One extreme to another, typical Shamy in my opinion. All I do know is that something has to happen from Amys side to make Sheldon realise that he needs her.

As Ive pointe out before, I have a very vivid imagination  :dance:

• Like 2

Oh and to the idea about Amy going away... I used to think that this would be a good idea... But now Im not so sure. Not that it isnt a brilliant idea! But its already been utilised elsewhere for the Penny, Leonard, Howard and Bernadette plots. 

I think another possible good idea would be that by the end of the season, Amys contract his up with CalTech... Sheldon soon realises that he wont be seeing her as much as he used to, I think this would work better though if between now and then they showed him purposely spending more time with her at work. So in realising he wont get to spend as much time with her as he used to, he goes out of his way to hassle Siebert to get her a permanent position. Eventually he gives in to just get rid of Sheldon. Amy first being happy over this eventually finds out what Sheldon did and turns down the position, I mean Amy is an aspiring scientist, there is no way she would get anywhere in her job on the backs of others. But I think somehow this could lead to Sheldon out and out saying that he would miss her and that he needs her, more then he first realised. I think this would also be a lovely contrast between the start of the season when he would deduct anytime spent with Amy from there 'weekly quota'.

Maybe something like this could even lead them to moving in together, who knows. One extreme to another, typical Shamy in my opinion. All I do know is that something has to happen from Amys side to make Sheldon realise that he needs her.

As Ive pointe out before, I have a very vivid imagination  :dance:

Post, marry me.

Shamy dint need the RA anymote, its abinding contract with tegulations and clauses. I think SIK was a gesture from Sheldon that gave that implication. I still think one kiss doesent make a relationship, Shamys no different, but its a huge step in the right direction.

• Like 1

But if we are saying that they don't need a piece of paper to be together, then I don't see how a marriage certificate is any different.

To me there is a big difference, a marriage is much more then a piece of paper, it's out right stating (and having it legally documented) that you want to be with someone for the rest of your live.

The RA to me is simply a set of rules both parties have to abide by.

just my 2 cents in very short way.

• Like 2

One extreme to another, typical Shamy in my opinion. All I do know is that something has to happen from Amys side to make Sheldon realise that he needs her.

So love this part!!

Almost forgot to mention, I'm not a fan of marriage, so if Shamy won't marry, it doesn't bother me. Sorry peeps :girlhide: . The most important for me is the feelings to exist and not the papers or even not the words. People say many thing they don't mean. But I'm sure, Shamy will marry. It's a law of sitcom :girlsigh: . And apparently Shamy need this. Or not...^^

Edited by Frieda Rainstorm
  • Like 1

Well, the RA was brought up last episode, that's what the whole "State of the Relationship Summit" (LOL! I loved the name they gave to it!) was about. And I personally loved that Amy led the meeting. I'm totally biased here, I know, but I think that as long as the RA is something that apparently gets updated and reviewed and that Amy is as into using it as Sheldon, I don't see why they need to get rid of it. I mean, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermath of 7x16 did involve them realizing they don't really need an RA to function as a couple, and if that's where the writers want to go, fair enough. Whatever works for Shamy as a couple. But if we are saying that they don't need a piece of paper to be together, then I don't see how a marriage certificate is any different. The only difference between the RA and a marriage license is that the RA is not legally recognized and involves regulations alongside the signatures on the piece of paper. But the bottom line is the same: it's a piece of paper stating that they are in a committed relationship with each other. Yet people seem to think marriage is so romantic and the RA is so cold and heartless? I don't get it (assuming, of course, that BOTH parties benefit from the RA and not Sheldon - if only Sheldon benefits from it, then of course I understand, but that doesn't seem to be the case).

Couldn't agree more, if anything I've always seen the Relationship agreement as his full commitment to Amy. Something that he saw as important enough to regulate, organise and control. If Sheldon didn't care about something, he wouldn't bother with or about it. Period. Amy and there relationship was important enough for him to do this.

Yeahhhh it comes with restrictions and everything, but thats Sheldon. He was never going to change over night when it came to Amy, I think its perhaps sweeter that its taken time as well in the way that Amy has had an influence on him over time. As frustrating as it was for us Shamy shippers.

I see the relationship agreement and a marriage certificate sort of on the same level, its just one is more official then the other and perhaps offers a touch more commitment. But thats just my opinion. 

• Like 4

But it's not just a set of rules, it's a "binding covenant" (as per Sheldon's own words). Other than the "'til death do us part" part of it, it's essentially like a more extensive document than marriage certificate, including includes rights and responsibilities as well as the committed relationship. I agree that when they signed it they didn't do so with the "forever and ever" intention though, but it was a here and now thing. 

a binding covenant he has broken several times if we have to believe Amy (in that episode with her aunts birthday party).

But I guess we disagee on the meaning of both (the RA and Marriage), that's ok.

But it's not just a set of rules, it's a "binding covenant" (as per Sheldon's own words). Other than the "'til death do us part" part of it, it's essentially like a more extensive document than marriage certificate, including includes rights and responsibilities as well as the committed relationship. I agree that when they signed it they didn't do so with the "forever and ever" intention though, but it was a here and now thing. 

I also think that RA in this case does make sense. From Sheldon's point of view, it means he is all in this!! Its a serious thing for him. Just like the room-mate agreement, We all know how seriously he takes that. And yes its not a legal document of any sorts, but according to Sheldon it is and Amy knows it too. Leonard and Amy are the only two people who actually get Sheldon and hence have let Sheldon draw the agreement, if that is what it takes for him to be comfortable.

• Like 1

a binding covenant he has broken several times if we have to believe Amy (in that episode with her aunts birthday party).

But I guess we disagee on the meaning of both (the RA and Marriage), that's ok.

Oh of course, they both break it all the time. Which is funny. But back when Weekend Vortex happened Sheldon was very new to being in a relationship and probably thought he could do with the RA like he does with the Roommate Agreement. I think that episode is great because it taught him that the music is very different with Amy than it is with Leonard, and that she actually is into using the contract to her advantage too and will put her foot down on it. Indeed, later we start getting the mentions of all those "fluffy" things that the RA allows for that don't sound very Sheldon-like. 

I'm not cheapening marriage here btw, rather I am putting more value in the RA than I think it's getting. I just think a sign of commitment is fantastic no matter whether it comes in the form of a ring, a marriage license, a RA, a love lock or whatever. Whatever works for the couple involved. 

• Like 4

Shamy dint need the RA anymote, its abinding contract with tegulations and clauses. I think SIK was a gesture from Sheldon that gave that implication. I still think one kiss doesent make a relationship, Shamys no different, but its a huge step in the right direction.

Skull they have a relationship anyway, kiss or no kiss

• Like 2

Oh of course, they both break it all the time. Which is funny. But back when Weekend Vortex happened Sheldon was very new to being in a relationship and probably thought he could do with the RA like he does with the Roommate Agreement. I think that episode is great because it taught him that the music is very different with Amy than it is with Leonard, and that she actually is into using the contract to her advantage too and will put her foot down on it. Indeed, later we start getting the mentions of all those "fluffy" things that the RA allows for that don't sound very Sheldon-like. 

I'm not cheapening marriage here btw, rather I am putting more value in the RA than I think it's getting. I just think a sign of commitment is fantastic no matter whether it comes in the form of a ring, a marriage license, a RA, a love lock or whatever. Whatever works for the couple involved. 

I agree on the first bolded part, Sheldon (and Amy) needed the RA back then. But I just think they've out grown it now, and I hope 7x16 will show that. But it could very well prove the opposite that they aren't ready to let it go.

I know you put more value in the RA then I do, and I can see your point. I am not trying to say it's useless, I just think it's time to shift the commitment to other things, which maybe are a bit more public.

The Tiara but then something that's more easy to show off (although Amy has no problem wearing the Tiara wherever she wants).

Hope it makes sense, i find it hard to explain myself on this matter.