The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

For the most part I liked this report for 7.02 better than the previous episode, but there are still things that creep me out in it. 

1)  I really thought the Raj/Howard rubbing each other's breasts was creepy.  Sorry but I don't find that funny, but more like skin crawling

2)  I wasn't keen on Sheldon talking about Penny's "famous nether regions" because it comes across like he is thinking of her in a sexual way and as a sexual being, yet if she is supposed to be more of a mother/sibling figure that is creepy to me.   You usually don't like to think about "family" members in terms of sexual beings.

3)  I wasn't keen on the Vagisil line.  I know it is supposed to be funny, but again, creepy.  

1) I know people complain that the jokes about their relationship are getting old but I think it will take a long time for me to get over my love of their creepy moments. This one included :p

2) Sheldon has long made comments about Penny's sexual behaviour, so this doesn't surprise me at all. I know many of my pretty immature friends like to call out their siblings on such "activities". It doesn't mean they think of their brother or sister in a "sexual way"  :blink:

3) I can't really say much about this since I sorta skimmed the report so I'd still get the full...er...deal when I watch the episode but from what I gathered, it seems like just a classic bit of Sheldon obviousness (which I'm fine with since it's Penny :p). As long as there wasn't much intent behind it, it doesn't creep me out too much. 

I generally thought this sounded pretty great. Amy sounds brill in this episode, so far over the last two eps I'm loving her portrayal :D. Her having key cards and getting super excited about her awesome and quirky made up language?! THIS is the Amy I love! I always enjoy it when Amy has random and hilarious moments (talking about cutting open her pipe smoking monkey's brain which reminds her of her uncle, singing "Dead or Alive" on the harp and now this.) while Sheldon is distracted by what one may consider "average human" thoughts.

I liked the shamy in this report, no hideously nasty comments and some cute and memorable lines that I'm sure will be highly gif worthy ;). I'm satisfied! :)

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 4

This truly felt like vintage Shamy very nearly at their best. If this is what we get while we wait for some movement, I'll be happy. 

Yes. It's even better than that because there seems to be little details that prove us that they are more comfortable with touching each other, or at least close contact. Like MJistheBOMB pointed out in the spoiler thread : "Sheldon had his ear to Penny's apartment door trying to figure out who she was cheating on Leonard with and Amy is right next to him with her ear on his shoulder or something as if she can hear through his body."

• Like 3

Yes. It's even better than that because there seems to be little details that prove us that they are more comfortable with touching each other, or at least close contact. Like MJistheBOMB pointed out in the spoiler thread : "Sheldon had his ear to Penny's apartment door trying to figure out who she was cheating on Leonard with and Amy is right next to him with her ear on his shoulder or something as if she can hear through his body."

Holy moly! Are you serious???

• Like 1

Yes this part is really good. I like this a lot.  The Shamy scenes I felt were good. I loved Amy was back.  She wasn't a doormat...she stood up for herself and was just as snarky back when Sheldon was being a jerk.  I liked that.  I also loved her coming up with her language and that Sheldon used it at Penny's.  That was awesome because it not only re-confirmed to Amy that he had listened to her, but that he actually used her language...something they share that is unique to them.  Very lovely.   So was the bit about the Popeye/Olive Oyl.  I love that he came up with the "romantic couple" costume. It wasn't a couples costume like last year where they could just be business partner couples, but a true romantic couple.  That was a huge leap forward.  

The kissing conversation was definitely intriguing and I agree with Koops on that one.   Hoping that is leading somewhere.  But would be thrilled in the meantime to see a bit of other affectionate behavior between them (hug, cuddle, hand-hold).

I do think Sheldon was very hurt by Leonard's deception of coming back early and leaving him out of the loop and even hurt that Penny played along and didn't inform him as well.   I think he felt quite upset.   But what I did love was that he does show his love for his buddy.  He clearly loves Leonard like a brother and it was cute...even their fighting was cute, because it was so sibling-like...and I love they made up.  

Molaro definitely over-implied when selling the episode and I am glad both episodes played out quite different than what he said in interviews.  I personally still have an issue with his PR skills and feel he could use some good training on those.  

The biggest thing that made me happier with this episode is that we finally had Shamy together in a scene.  It is the first time since the D&D really and it felt good to see them being them.

• Like 3

In the second ep. Just like last year ;) And, just like last year, Sheldon was concerned over Penny hurting Leonard. I don't know if the writers do it deliberately, but the number-game with episodes in this show is often quite fun.

Edited by koops
  • Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I think the part that I loved the most on the report Shamy-wise was that Sheldon's automatic reaction to the Sailor's cap was the couples costume for Halloween by making Amy dress as Olive. I was chatting about this earlier on Facebook and someone pointed out he was "in couple mode" and I agree. I loved that, and such a little thing shows a big progress, especially when we remember Holographic Excitation from last year.

I agree also with Koops that it does have a certain "vintage Shamy" feel to it, and, maybe couple with the fact that I watched a re-run of Herb Garden last night I am absolutely loving it.

• Like 6

Yes! He definitely is in couples mode. I mean, even the whole fact that he was suspicious of Penny cheating on Leonard. Sheldon? Noticing stuff like that? Since when? Remember the season 4 finale? "What does it look like?" Now he gets the idea that Penny is "being unfaithful" (I don't know why I love that he used those words, instead of "cheating") from seeing Chinese containers in her trash and wine glasses on her coffee table? The boy is definitely shifting his worldview, I feel. 

And I can't even begin to say how much I loved the continuity with the costume! That is such a subtle, yet powerful way of showing how he went from thinking Hewlett and Packard were a couple costume to not only understanding that it means a romantic couple but suggesting it himself over any nerdy-geeky kind of costume. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 6

It looks like this might shape up to be a better Shamy season than previously thought, I'm excited.  I liked that Amy's madeup languages made a comeback.  She had that Op language (in 5x01) she was trying to teach Penny, and it was just adorable.  I've liked how they've made her a little bit more normal (at least less stiff) over the years (since season 4), but still make her quirky enough to be different and charming.  Sometimes they've made her seem too normal, but this episode seemed to be a good in-between.  I also agree with Amy's snarkiness being awesome to see again.  I hated seeing Amy as a doormat in the last season.

(New to posting around here.  It feels strange just diving in.)

• Like 3

tumblr_ms9vnrFzsE1rffyeho1_500.jpg

Shamy to continue to be between Romantic and Weird

While most of the conversation at this point about “The Big Bang Theory” season 7 has (understandably so) revolved mostly around Leonard’s trip at sea, and also what could happen upon his return, there are still other stories to explore. One of them is the much-teased storyline surrounding Amy and Bernadette actually spending a little bit of time together at a conference, which gives both Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch the opportunity to play some scenes without Penny around. That will create an interesting dynamic, mostly because they are so used to using her as a buffer.

What may be somewhat of a surprise, however, is how much guys become the focus of some conversations. Both of the ladies will get the attention of many men while away, which leads to Bialik telling TV Guide that ”it’s supposed to be Bernadette and Amy talking shop, but they end up talking boys.”

When it comes to their relationships, though, don’t use this as any evidence at all that they are in trouble. Bernadette and Howard’s marriage will be very much of the same when season 7 begins, whereas Amy and Sheldon will continue to alternate between being romantic and weird. While she seems to appreciate the attention from other men, she ultimately has no real interest in spending time with anyone other than a certain genius physician. 

Okay so Matt go the physicist word wrong and called him a physician, but you get the point.  LOL!

Source:  http://cartermatt.com/81653/the-big-bang-theory-season-7-spoilers-mayim-bialik-on-amy-bernadettes-trip/

• Like 9

Great picture Star, thanks for posting. I'm a sucker for Amy in blazers :)

The only thing I have to say is that, as much as I appreciate what message they were trying to convey with the A/B plot (i.e. Amy has no interest in anyone but Sheldon), I hoped that having them go to a science conference would give the writers a chance to write a nice female scientist storyline for them, instead of making it revolve around men. It was a wasted opportunity, IMO. I would have liked to see them argue over science rather than H/S. Or to argue about both. 

• Like 4

Great picture Star, thanks for posting. I'm a sucker for Amy in blazers :)

The only thing I have to say is that, as much as I appreciate what message they were trying to convey with the A/B plot (i.e. Amy has no interest in anyone but Sheldon), I hoped that having them go to a science conference would give the writers a chance to write a nice female scientist storyline for them, instead of making it revolve around men. It was a wasted opportunity, IMO. I would have liked to see them argue over science rather than H/S. Or to argue about both. 

Yep..me too.  It was very disappointing that they were there for science and yet there wasn't any mention of science in the scene.  I was hoping for the argument to be about their disciplines or something related to the event itself that came up regarding science.   Oh well...at least it still ended up with a good message from a Shamy POV.  LOL!

It's like they're doing it on purpose. I'm a little confused, the writers say that there will be more science this season and then they miss such a great opportunity with Amy and Bernedette going to a science convetion... but not talking about science. :icon_rolleyes:

I don't want to alarm anyone, but that jacket appears to fit Amy properly....

THE JACKET FITS!!!! NO TIGHTS! SKIRT IS ABOVE THE KNEE!

Of course they are getting free drinks, she's dressed like a HARLOT!

I am not asking for miracles... I just want Amy's clothes to fit this season.

And Bernie is dressed like a grown up... nice!

Edited by Chaliceinnana