The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Focus on this...not the discussion going on about what we can and cannot post.   Look at the intensity he has for his lady love!

tumblr_mtvl5b8X0a1sjjby4o1_500.gif

Now just a year later his intensity comes out like this!

tumblr_n0nsoceRSR1sjjby4o2_250.gif

Which episode is the top gif from?

Eta: Never mind, its the Wil Weaton one when he goes to dinner with him. right?

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 1

First of all I am really sorry to bring this up again but as a member of this forum and especially of the Shamy thread I would really like to say some things.

In specific about Andy's post. Personally, I agree with her and I share her views on the nature of the Shamy relationship. I can only speak for myself so I'll say that it could possibly be said in another way but it wasn't in any way offensive or rude and I am positive that she had the best intentions in heart. And since the original posters Andy and Bazinga are ok with each other the everything is fine.

In general, I honestly don't hesitate to post what I like. If there are people here who can outwit me?? Sure thing either cause they are smarter than me or because they handle the English language better than I do. But I cannot ignore that there are actually people who do choose not to post cause they feel uncomfortable. So, I will try to look that in a positive light and say that it is a good thing that we know some people feel like that and I believe (without trying to speak for others) that it is common ground that the more people here the merrier and it is interesting to listen at every opinion. This is a wonderful thread with wonderful people and it is a shame not being able to enjoy it for any reason. Btw since I am talking about the thread I realize it is a S7 spoiler thread about the Shamy that I disagree that speculating or talking about the Shamy in general is kind of off topic. I actually always saw it as the place where the spoiled Shamy's gather to talk about and celebrate the Shamy while we are still on S7.

@Koops and Dena I just want to say that at first I really didn't mind you two talking about something like that (which IMO has a big effect on the thread) and I honestly see some good point on the posts of both of you but it went a bit far. I am not going to tell you to kiss and make up or something like that this is up to you to decide. Tbh the last posts made me feel a little uncomfortable but that is probably me overreacting :p I do think you guys can work this out and personally I don't mind if it happens here and everyone gets a say (cause it something that has to do with everyone and how we experience the thread).

Again sorry to bring this up again but I just wanted to say what I felt about the situation I hope I haven't offended anyone...

To cheer things up a little I saw that

815.jpg

Lol this is sooooo me every time I watch an episode!!!!!!!!!! Exept I can say ''unravelling the history'' lol!!!!!!!!!! I sing the song everytime and at the end I shout the ''Bang'' :p

• Like 9

Which episode is the top gif from?

Eta: Never mind, its the Wil Weaton one when he goes to dinner with him. right?

Yes...the FWF episode where he goes to dinner with Wil.   But what I love is his intensity.   He is flirting with her, but it is such an intense flirtation.  Same with the kiss.  He is very intense when he kisses her even after he has stepped in.  She really is unable to respond even if she wanted to because his intensity is so overwhelming and caught her so off-guard.   All I keep hearing over and over "whimsically inventive, frequent and intense" over and over in my head.  We have seen him be "whimsically inventive" in his approach to kissing her the first time (being angry and then loving it), and intense.   Now all we need to see is the "frequent".   :girlwink:

• Like 9

The silver lining in all this is that I was annoyed at the writers this morning over something.... but I got distracted by this and now I don't remember what it is anymore. So, yay! 

tumblr_mpefrwvhXn1rrafppo1_250.giftumblr_mpefrwvhXn1rrafppo2_250.giftumblr_mpefrwvhXn1rrafppo3_250.gif

tumblr_n0lysduahr1qa3oruo1_250.giftumblr_n0lysduahr1qa3oruo2_250.giftumblr_n0lysduahr1qa3oruo4_250.gif

I was just comparing these two moments in my head and chuckling to myself :)

Jesus, that very first gif! If that had been in a car, the airbag would have burst with that force! How did she not knock his teeth off?

• Like 7

The silver lining in all this is that I was annoyed at the writers this morning over something.... but I got distracted by this and now I don't remember what it is anymore. So, yay! 

Jesus, that very first gif! If that had been in a car, the airbag would have burst with that force! How did she not knock his teeth off?

I always thought she came at him with such a force it had to hurt when they filmed that scene.  :blackeye:   I love the contrast though between that scene and the one on the train.   It is so different.  Even though he was angry he was careful to approach her in a way to not hurt Amy.  I love that.  Bev on the otherhand hit him like a sledgehammer.  :laugh:

• Like 4

Yeah, it's the, "Woah, woah, woah, guys!" Or "lets not get ahead of ourselves. " type of comments that I find a bit offensive myself. Probably the last time I had to defend myself and others was when someone literally assumed we all thought Sheldon and Amy were going to have sex soon because of a game we were playing just for fun. LOL.

Everyone here makes valid points that I truly appreciate. But I also agree that the above type of intros should be left out.

That sounds like a game I would enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink.gif

More info?? :p

Edited by Cecilia
  • Like 1

First of all I am really sorry to bring this up again but as a member of this forum and especially of the Shamy thread I would really like to say some things.

In specific about Andy's post. Personally, I agree with her and I share her views on the nature of the Shamy relationship. I can only speak for myself so I'll say that it could possibly be said in another way but it wasn't in any way offensive or rude and I am positive that she had the best intentions in heart. And since the original posters Andy and Bazinga are ok with each other the everything is fine.

In general, I honestly don't hesitate to post what I like. If there are people here who can outwit me?? Sure thing either cause they are smarter than me or because they handle the English language better than I do. But I cannot ignore that there are actually people who do choose not to post cause they feel uncomfortable. So, I will try to look that in a positive light and say that it is a good thing that we know some people feel like that and I believe (without trying to speak for others) that it is common ground that the more people here the merrier and it is interesting to listen at every opinion. This is a wonderful thread with wonderful people and it is a shame not being able to enjoy it for any reason. Btw since I am talking about the thread I realize it is a S7 spoiler thread about the Shamy that I disagree that speculating or talking about the Shamy in general is kind of off topic. I actually always saw it as the place where the spoiled Shamy's gather to talk about and celebrate the Shamy while we are still on S7.

@Koops and Dena I just want to say that at first I really didn't mind you two talking about something like that (which IMO has a big effect on the thread) and I honestly see some good point on the posts of both of you but it went a bit far. I am not going to tell you to kiss and make up or something like that this is up to you to decide. Tbh the last posts made me feel a little uncomfortable but that is probably me overreacting :p I do think you guys can work this out and personally I don't mind if it happens here and everyone gets a say (cause it something that has to do with everyone and how we experience the thread).

Again sorry to bring this up again but I just wanted to say what I felt about the situation I hope I haven't offended anyone...

To cheer things up a little I saw that

815.jpg

Lol this is sooooo me every time I watch an episode!!!!!!!!!! Exept I can say ''unravelling the history'' lol!!!!!!!!!! I sing the song everytime and at the end I shout the ''Bang'' :p

Agree with you. I feel I can hold my own in here and I don't ever back down on my opinions or thoughts, but I personally know people who have and that makes me sad. While the end did get out of hand, I just hope those types of comments will stop and we can all have civil discussions without feeling "attacked", for lack of a better term.

I am over it, my feelings aren't hurt, I said what I felt needed to be said and now it's done. If you agree, great. If not, that's fine. But, I feel better having said it because I want people to feel free to post and have more people join our craziness.

• Like 2

I always thought she came at him with such a force it had to hurt when they filmed that scene.  :blackeye:   I love the contrast though between that scene and the one on the train.   It is so different.  Even though he was angry he was careful to approach her in a way to not hurt Amy.  I love that.  Bev on the otherhand hit him like a sledgehammer.  :laugh:

Also, look at Shamy!shipper Penny, who knew, even before Amy, and does NOT approve of what she's seeing. Check the difference after the tiara kiss:

tumblr_m7txweJ9Ln1rxvqg4o4_250.gif

• Like 8

Wait wait wait..

THE SIK HAPPENED 1 WEEK AGO.

Already :O

I know...a whole week ago....and we need to see more .gifs of it because we have been slacking off in posting them.   How could we forget in a week?   Come on Shamy-fans, we need to get their kiss out thee again and trending!   We need to show TPTB that we are not letting this kiss go as unnoticed. It still is important even a week later.  :girlwink:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

Man I am so behind.

In my head, I want sheldon and Amy to marry first. On their wedding night, they do it for the first time.

Sheldon is not into religion but he does care about what his mom would say. He couldnt date Amy until they became boyfriend and girlfriend.

He know once he does marry, he has to have sex.

In my dream land, they consummate the marriage on their wedding night

• Like 3

Also, look at Shamy!shipper Penny, who knew, even before Amy, and does NOT approve of what she's seeing. Check the difference after the tiara kiss:

tumblr_m7txweJ9Ln1rxvqg4o4_250.gif

That is what I first thought of when I saw the gifs Raz posted!!! Penny <3

Awwww it is perfect!!!!!!!!

Man I am so behind.

In my head, I want sheldon and Amy to marry first. On their wedding night, they do it for the first time.

Sheldon is not into religion but he does care about what his mom would say. He couldnt date Amy until they became boyfriend and girlfriend.

He know once he does marry, he has to have sex.

In my dream land, they consummate the marriage on their wedding night

Im like this... and then I want them to have sex like... yesterday sooooo...  :wink: 

Nah Im only joking, all good things come to those who wait. Whatever the writers decide to do will ultimately be the best move.

Apart when they are writing Sheldon being mean to Amy. Nope, that isnt the best move. Im still griping over that cinema and her pawing over him line. Grrrrrr.  :threaten:

• Like 3

I don't have a problem with Sheldon at this point.  I don't think that his pinballing reactions with Amy are necessarily all that different from the way he has always reacted to things he either can't control or that he sees as big changes or whatever.  He loves to overreact--to move to Bozeman when his apartment is robbed, to thing he's suddenly dumber than Kripke because of the difference in their grant proposals, to think things are going to be horrible because a new neighbor is moving in, etc.

And I thought we had already thought through his comments about "where are we all going to live" when he was asking Leonard and Penny if they were going to break up or get married or live together, etc.  I don't think it means that he's not thinking about Amy as his girlfriend (that he doesn't figure he'll just have her move in with him or whatever) or that he thinks of himself (or the writers think of him) as L&P's child.  We know he's a big fan of homeostasis and so he's never going to want what he sees as a good thing--or at least, what he's used to--going through some major upheaval.  He gets upset when he finds out his takeout is coming from a different restaurant than he's used to.  That changes in the TV schedule have to be decided with a meeting and an update to the Roommate Agreement.

We don't know the exact dialog in the Table scene where Penny points out to him how much Amy has changed him, but we know that he is loath to admit that feelings play a part in how he reacts to things, or that he, the Great Sheldon Cooper, would be changed by something like having a girlfriend.  I don't know that it has to do with Amy specifically as a person, rather than it just being the fact that he has been changed by having a girlfriend at all.

And so his knee-jerk reaction is to blame Amy, not himself.  She's the vixen who has changed him with her sly feminine ways.  (Just my speculation, since, again, we don't really have specific dialog.)

I had a boss who had knee-jerk reactions to almost everything, good or bad.  How he felt about any new program or process or whatever would kind of depend on who brought it up or what kind of mood he was in.  It usually took him about 24 hours to see things with a cooler head.  Sometimes it took me or one of the other managers to explain things to him, or else his wife would talk sense to him.  But until he'd had time to think things through, or have things pointed out to him, any new thing would either be the best thing since sliced bread or a sign of the apocolypse.

And I think Sheldon is very much the same way--he may finally accept whatever new thing, but it often takes others talking sense to him (especially if they point out something that is advantageous to him) and him coming up with some way to rationalize it into something good for himself or whatever.

So, his ups and downs with Amy don't really bother me.  While I do recognize a certain amount of the writers' heavy hand in there, to keep things from going too far too fast, I also think that in many ways they are sticking with a certain amount of consistent behavior for him.

How or when or if he will mature as a boyfriend remains to be seen.  I don't think that having kissed Amy, that he'll suddenly become a "good boyfriend", whatever that may mean, or that there's any one thing that will make him "grow up" (whatever THAT means) and be less selfish or self-centered or self-important.  He's a quirky, childish, and childlike, character who has never wanted a girlfriend to make his life complete, like the other guys, but who has found himself almost backed into a relationship--not back in by her, but backed into it by his own inner caveman, in spite of himself.

I think that maybe he might need a little "Dutch uncle" talk with someone to help him realize what it is that he might want, or I don't know what, but even then, I don't know that he will suddenly change.  All of his behaviors have been sort of reinforced in himself over the years.

I do think it would be nice to see him little by little wanting to explore the idea of experimenting with kissing and holding hands and hugging, but I don't want to see him suddenly "becoming a man" and becoming a sexualized person because of it.  I don't know--I mean, he can't be prepubescent forever, but he also doesn't have to become like any of the other guys, either.

I liked it when he said that if the two of them shared a room (and obviously he wasn't talking about having sex) that people would talk, since they've only been going out for 3 years.  What is he afraid they would talk about--that the two of them were having sex?  Obviously that is a concern for him.  Why?  I don't know that that has to do with his own reluctance to "engage in coitus" as much as maybe he does have this puritanical sense of propriety when it comes to sex.  How long would they have to be dating before it would be okay for them to share a room?  What does he think about all of that?

Anyway, I do think that it would be nice to see him wanting to do things for Amy or wanting to spend time with her of his own accord, but I don't think that their evenings together (which are not, apparently, part of their "date night" evenings) are all necessarily her idea.  Does she invite herself over, or does he say, "Why don't you stop by this evening for tea?" or whatever?

I think I'm all over the place with this post and I think I've lost my initial point, if I ever had one.  I blame the pain meds and the fact that I haven't had a proper Shamy conversation in days and days.

• Like 5

Focus on this...not the discussion going on about what we can and cannot post.   Look at the intensity he has for his lady love!

tumblr_mtvl5b8X0a1sjjby4o1_500.gif

Now just a year later his intensity comes out like this!

tumblr_n0nsoceRSR1sjjby4o2_250.gif

Next time, do this sooner. That'll get me to shut the hell up in a flash. Hahaha.

• Like 4

I hate that line too, Baz. So much so I even wrote a fan fic to deal with it. I hated it that much!

I agree with you that "whatever the writers decide will ultimately be the best move." That's what will be canon in the end. I know that there's disagreement over whether Sheldon and Amy will or will not have sex before marriage, but honestly it could go either way. I have no idea how that is all going to go down, but sometimes it alarms me the ferocity with which it can be discussed. I don't have a dog in that particular fight; in the end it's going to be what the writers want/need in terms of the relationship, and I don't think that the future is in any way set in stone. In fact, I'm really going to be curious if the public reaction to the kiss leads to anything different being done with Shamy in the future. I am stunned by how many issues get brought up on the forums which suddenly end up "fixed" or addressed by the show.

So I suppose all I want to say here is that I'm tired of Sheldon taking a passive position in his own relationship while Amy does all the driving and managing of it. It almost seems to parallel the fact that Sheldon can't and won't learn to drive an actual car, which people now just accept and even enable by being willing to give him rides everywhere. In the same vein, Sheldon seems like he either can't or won't learn to consider the future or even day-to-day maintenance of his own romantic relationship, and Amy seems to have accepted this and is enabling him by doing all the work to move things forward. Sheldon might never learn to drive a car, but he needs to learn to put some effort into his own relationship with Amy. Watching her do all the work while he just soaks it up, and while he seems more concerned about his future living with Leonard and Penny, is not a pleasure to view. I'm tired of Amy having to do all the work, and I think that it's Sheldon's turn to get into the drivers seat of his life and his relationship and do something to move it forward rather than be this unchanging unmoveable object. I'm so sick of that, and I truly hope that Professor Proton's appearance in Sheldon's head this week is an indication that some part of Sheldon is starting to latch onto the idea of being pro-active in his relationship rather than the negative, incurious, taking-it-all-for-granted, childishly stubborn and intractable character we've been seeing off-and-on for awhile now.

That was the fic with which Lio courted my heart. :wub: LOL! Ok, wow, that was disgustingly sappy coming from me.

tumblr_n0r1vpDeEG1rj8bvzo2_r1_250.gif

Well, that what the writers will decide to do is the "best" move is debatable :p That will be subjective. I've seen plenty of writers make what, imo, are awful choices. But it is true that it's going to be what we get and what we have to deal with and there's nothing any of us can do about it. I have no doubt that the writers are planning this couple to be end game (or, well, I'd be very very surprised if that were not the case), but what that "end game" means... who knows. It's all so unpredictable right now.

Amen to the second part of the post though. Goodness! Amen! 

Edited by koops
  • Like 4