The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

What I don't understand is that if the writers are sooo afraid of changing Sheldon and therefor holding him back with Amy, not letting him develop. . Then why did they make him stop saying "bazinga"? Seriously.. thats what most people connect him with. That and his laugh! When was the last time we saw any of that? I cant even remember. Its not that hard to throw in here and there. He could have ended the itchy brain simulation with a bazinga. Or in the very recent episide where he tried to be a comedian. It wouldn't have been that hard if the writers really wanted it. And his laugh was something he could have done in the locomotive when Eric said "get it?". But those are things that the writers seems to be very ok with letting go of.

About Sheldons sexuality I aswell has never tried to put him in any folder. When the writers did get the question at comiccon they simply said that sheldons love belongs to science. Which was a good answer since that acually can change.. his love can move on to other things, as it now has done, to Amy. Ofcourse he still feels love to science but that is not exclusive

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 4

I personally think that the Sheldon we saw during the kiss is a different Sheldon he knows himself. A new him had emerged that very moment. While he hasn't "ruled out" being intimate with Amy prior to the SIK, that very event is a direct confirmation for him how carried away he could get. See how he had to catch his breath and recompose himself right after the kiss? And that's just an innocent kiss. 

For Sheldon, intimacy was more out of curiosity before the SIK. But now, he has confirmed knowledge-wise how it affects him and that is something I can see current Sheldon will have a very hard time accepting without resistance. I would not be surprise if he tries to consider his reaction during the SIK as a one-off thing and resist future possibilities of Amy being able to, for lack of better term, do "further damage" by trying to put delaying tactics in the possibility of being intimate with her. I don't see it as him avoiding intimacy because he does not want to. I actually think otherwise. I think he will try to escape from this reality because he now knows he wants to. Hence making things more complex that it already seem.

Edited by wanmeii
  • Like 6

I love Maria so hard.

Just wanted to put that out there.

• Like 4

What I don't understand is that if the writers are sooo afraid of changing Sheldon and therefor holding him back with Amy, not letting him develop. . Then why did they make him stop saying "bazinga"? Seriously.. thats what most people connect him with. That and his laugh!

I personally think they aren't afraid to change Sheldon, but they are afraid to change him to fast.

That's a big difference to me.

They have had Sheldo go through changes all seasons, and now made him have a big moment (the SIK).

And the words of Molaro saying it won't be dropped off completely, means a lot.

• Like 7

I personally think they aren't afraid to change Sheldon, but they are afraid to change him to fast.

They have had Sheldo go through changes all seasons, and now made him have a big moment (the SIK).

Also, TBBT is a sitcom - it relies on scenarios to tell its stories rather than narratives. Actually, if we dissect the scenes well, we would see character growth a lot. I think dropping the Bazinga is a small way of telling people that while Sheldon is still very childish, he has learned to be more careful of consciously taunting others. As a matter of fact, I've noticed quite a lot of emotional moments from Sheldon especially this season. 

• Like 1

Episode 1 started off with Sheldon showing some emotions with penny hurting sheldons feelings with regards to YouTube

Sheldon is evolving slowly and that's ok

• Like 4

No and after all the positive reactions to the kiss they most definitaly must have noticed that it isn't any harm in changing him. IF thats what they were afraid of.

It still wouldn't hurt to throw some of those simple Sheldon-signs such as bazinga in here and there. I can't see how it would upset anyone. They are so much Sheldon that it would satisfy those who say he has changed, but they are still so small that they dont change the story and the developing if him for those who enjoys that, which I'm starting to believe is most of the people.

To me, bazinga or no bazinga doesn't matter. Just know a few more "average viewers" that acually do wonder where did that go exacly.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 4

It may sound silly, but I think Bazinga's are better in the first half of a season, if at all since I'm not a big fan of it anymore.

But I agree on Sheldon's laugh, they could use that a little bit more.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 1

No and after all the positive reactions to the kiss they most definitaly must have noticed that it isn't any harm in changing him. IF thats what they were afraid of.

It still wouldn't hurt to throw some of those simple Sheldon-signs such as bazinga in here and there. I can't see how it would upset anyone. They are so much Sheldon that it would satisfy those who say he has changed, but they are still so small that they dont change the story and the developing if him for those who enjoys that, which I'm starting to believe is most of the people.

To me, bazinga or no bazinga doesn't matter. Just know a few more "average viewers" that acually do wonder were did that go exacly.

I think the Bazinga itself was an inside joke from the very beginning in the writers room. And like with many jokes, it kinda got old. The Bazinga itself doesn't really move the story and characters forward so maybe that's why they thought it was no longer essential. But here's to hoping we'll hear it again. :)

Regarding Sheldon-Amy moving forward? With the response they got, I highly doubt they wouldn't. Big Bang Theory is definitely mainstream as mainstream gets with Chuck Lorre in there. They rely on viewer feedback on what to do next. I'm actually more scared they'd overdo the Shamy advancement since they were met with the overwhelming reaction of both avid and casual viewers. I hope they stick to the slow and steady phase because I can see them really striking while the iron is hot. They know Shamy is now the golden couple of the show after so many converts joined the ship after that SIK (lots of my Shenny-inclined friends experienced this).

• Like 2

angie-ms posted this on tumblr and it brightened up my morning so much, lol.

tumblr_n1095toBYP1rs4yv5o1_1280.jpg

I actually laughed out loud at this...

"Are we gonna kiss yay or nay?"

YAYYYYYY PLEASE!

• Like 4

So, is the main problem now not that Sheldon doesn't want Amy like crazy, but that he knows he does? And that he knows he'd want her a lot more than he is comfortable with letting on? Oh Shelly, it's OK - she wants it too!

And he does look worried when she signs the agreement, like "That wasn't supposed to happen..."

Edited by Bella Duveen
  • Like 5

February/27, if I'm not mistaken.

I think Sheldon will ALWAYS be Sheldon. He'll always have big problems with changes, but I feel like maybe his character is going in the direction to realize that change sometimes is a good thing and there are some that he, particulary, would aprecciate. Kissing Amy would definetly be a change that, with some time, I truly hope and believe he'll come to terms with the fact that he WANTS it.

With all that eye coitus, I bet he will come to feel the need to have it in a real high frequency very soon hehe

tumblr_mo34kfxxLo1qasxjlo1_500.gif

You know, for most of the show I didn't agree with people putting him in the "asexual" box so quickly. For my understing, besides being a germophobic and yadayadayada, it's very clear - to me, again - that Sheldon fits more in the category of demisexuality. If you're unfamiliar with the term: demisexual would be someone who is very - sometimes VERY rarely -sexual and usually needs a lot of emotion bounding before having any sexual-like desires for someone. It's one of the many faces of gray-sexuality, or "gray-a" if you may.

Along the last four years of Shamy, his feelings for Amy have been growing and evolving along the romantic territory (which is virgin - no pun intended! - territory for Sheldon). He's so afraid of something he doesn't know and can't control, but it's pretty clear to any good observer that it's there in his own scarry-little-Sheldon ways. So I'm pretty safe, in my opinion anyway, to say that Sheldon is some-level-sexual (so not asexual) being that has the desire to engage in sexual-like behavior with Amy in some deegre and that it only tends to become stronger.

Why I say all that? First of all, because I'm hungry and writing is a good way to wait for lunch uahaha (it's 11:55am where I live, don't judge me!). Second, because I feel like those photos gives us a very nice insight of Sheldon realizing that he doesn't want Amy to not care about being with him, and he doesn't want to have to end their romance. And I feel like he only awakened to those realizions in a more level grounded way because of the kiss - that, for all good reasons, was the most sexual thing Sheldon has ever done is his life. Eventhough it was WAY more than a sexual thing: it's was a love act. A care-for-each-other moment. A super-duper-lovely-demonstration-of-affection moment. A my-tumblr-will-hear-about-this-in-a-good-way moment.

A I'm-so-hungry-and-I-want-more-Shamy moment for me here. I'm sorry.

Get thee out of my head. This is exactly how I feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think thats what I really like about the PP episode, that his subconscious tells him he needs to appreciate the people in his life more. (Through the medium of Professor Protons ghost, nothing is ever so simple with Sheldon).
I might bitch and moan about them not developing Sheldon as much as Id like or to put it better, at the pace Id prefer... But when they do things like this to Sheldons character, it makes the wait so much better. 

Edited by BazingaHND21
  • Like 4

I don't think it's a matter of Sheldon having those feelings for Amy. It's his response to those feelings. I don't think he's very fond with how this girl makes him feel, but like a drug, he can't get enough of her. Now that he's starting to develop really deep feelings for her, like love, it makes sense that he's trying to push her away more than he did in S4 and S5, when the feelings weren't so strong.

I'm hoping Proton's message will encourage Sheldon to strap on a pair and stop trying to resist those feelings, hahaha.

How beautiful is that! (1)

Totally agreed. It's so natural human behavior. (2)

Yes-yes-yes!!!! (3)

I think if you look back at almost every episode this season there has been hints and suggestions about the change in Sheldon.  I think bigger things are coming sooner than we think .  I personally can't wait for the new episodes, especially after seeing the pictures.

Its all good.

I foresee it, too^^

Edited by Frieda Rainstorm
  • Like 5

Still not getting enoug of this. This looks kind of creepy but I'm so wanting something vertical for them too.

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 3