The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

Guys, I went to see the movie About Last Night and every sex scene had me envisioning Shamy. I have real problems.

And the urge to write Shamy smut.

Go write more smut.  We can't wait to read.

• Like 4

Yes Maria, go go go!!

And fyi: My valentines celebrating neighbors made me think about Shamy all last night.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 5

Why do I think we'll get a Sheldon-initiated "Maybe I'm in love with you" compared to "I love you" first? The idea of having him do baby steps seems to be thoroughly emphasized which is why we have to go through

"friend who's a girl->fond of you->this may not seem intimate but for me it is very intimate->I like you quirks and all->(insert next Sheldon romance line here)

I just don't see the writers jumping the shark into him declaring all the love in the world for Amy now. Methinks the kiss was that turning point - he always liked Amy different than the other ladies and did see her as his girlfriend. But I felt the way he liked her prior to that kiss was very juvenile (see: his cake wish that he wanted her dead during the Closure episode and that she's a sucker). I really ,really think that while it is nice to believe that he had always been in love with her before the SIK, it just isn't true. I think the SIK was the exact moment that he really saw her as a woman (based from his post-kiss reaction)...the way daddies see mommies. 

• Like 6

I need help. Where can I upload an image so that I can post it here?? I have a photobucket account but the file too big. Does anyone know how I can do that??

We've had many discussion about when and if he's fallen in love with her. I think from 5x23 up until, well, now, he's been attracted to her, very much so. I think he had developed very strong feelings. But now, in S7, he's definitely feeling the stirrings of love, especially after that kiss. It will be fascinating and exciting to see how he handles that.

Totally believe that just by the look of his face, "enjoy the kiss" was synonymous to the actual transition of falling in love with her. While people connote "bringing the train through the crossing" as something with a more sexual nature, I felt that was the transition he needed to go from "fond of Amy" to "seeing Amy as an actual romantic interest". Before, it was more of a puzzle to him. It was a possibility that he could see Amy in a romantic light but nothing was set in stone. It was one of the many roads he could take. I also believe Sheldon initially believed it would be a choice - something similar to what lane to take when you're travelling. 

But I guess that what he is learning now is that FALLING IN LOVE is NOT BY CHOICE. Because it's feelings, it would be difficult to control. Later on, I believe he would also learn that STAYING IN LOVE is a DECISION. But that's me getting ahead of myself.  :girlsigh:

I need help. Where can I upload an image so that I can post it here?? I have a photobucket account but the file too big. Does anyone know how I can do that??

You can try http://tinypic.com

• Like 5

Interesting how casual viewers are comparing the SIK to a Pinocchio scenario, like a robot becoming a real boy. And they seem to like it. 

29yi25c.jpg

• Like 4

Love the blanket and hate the table.

I'm dense. What's the significance of the blanket? I see the one in the "world without Sheldon" pic is drab and blah...is that it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think it's just casual viewers who see the "boy to man" or even "Pinocchio to real boy" thing going on with Sheldon. The show has hammered home many times the idea that Sheldon is something other than a normal human being, calling him "homo novus" for instance, or reference after reference to him as some sort of robot. Even without all of the references to Sheldon as something like a robot or homo novus, there are still even more references or episodes in which Sheldon acts like a child, and even in some cases, many references to him as a dog. There has been a long history since the beginning of the show to suggest that Sheldon is not a fully functional adult when left to his own devices, and that he needs Leonard's constant and daily care, that in times of emotional turmoil he needs Penny's care and advice, and then when the shit really hits the fan it's time to bring in his mother.

A lot of people's frustrations with Sheldon comes from this inability to grow up. It began to wear a lot more thin once Sheldon got a girlfriend. I think that there's nothing really offensive in seeing that there's this towering genius who has social and mental struggles who gets taken care of by his roommate and best friend who appreciates his genius. Especially when we can see that Sheldon is clueless to the ramifications of some of the things he says, and that he's always been a loyal and true friend. And there's nothing wrong with his other friends helping him from time to time either, especially as they all struggle with him and also bend in order to be able to include him because in the long run they know he cares for them too, and at times Sheldon has bent over backwards to repair the damage he's done. (Such as giving his spot to Howard, even if that didn't last.) They have become fond of him, and sort of accept the issues that come with the genius, and are pretty fascinated, in many ways, with his character and idiosyncries.

But all of that becomes different when Sheldon is in an actual romantic relationship. Friends who occasionally default to caretaker somehow works out. But in a romantic relationship, where you want the two partners to be equal and for both to get an equal measure out of the relationship, a girlfriend who is more caretaker to a childish man is ugly indeed. It doesn't work in the field of romance because it becomes ugly to watch. You have to wonder why Amy is in it, and if she's in it for the right reasons, if she's doing more to manage the relationship than have an equal partner who supports her and gives to her and lifts her up as much as she does for him. If that is not an equal two-way street between them because she's dating a boy, not a man, it becomes rather glaring.

So the idea that Sheldon might be growing up here, finally, and becoming more man than boy or robot is something that everyone, everywhere, is excited about the latching onto. There has been plenty of clues all along, and even actions on Sheldon's part, which fully indicate he's capable of functioning as a good boyfriend and in a romantic relationship. The problem is that he can get traction and then backtrack, and in the long run it keeps coming out with very little actual progress. We'll see if the writers end up getting a clue about that, or they will continue to write as if they can have their cake and eat it too: Sheldon as a man-child robot and Shamy as a viable relationship.

Personally, I don't think it can be done (to have both man-child and the romantic relationship) and it's worn on me and many other members and shippers over the past 3 and a half years. The other issue is that when this relationship originally began to be built, you saw Sheldon expanding his abilities as a grown up, and you still can see that occasionally too. But in the beginning, he was able to cuddle Amy when she was sad and stand up for her against his friends to "get their women in line." When she didn't respond to his texts and such, he got worried and went over to see if she was okay. Last season he was able to take care of her when she was sick, which was a huge step forward that got completely overshadowed by the kinkiness of the spanking in the end, but was still there. This season he was able to show up and tell her he likes her, "quirks and all," and note that as hard as the relationship was to be in, he was in it for the long haul. So there have been signs of him being able to grow up and manage, and these scenes and pieces totally suck you into the relationship. They get ruined and viewer frustration increases when you have an episode where Leonard tells him to "stay" and he sits forlornly on the staircase until Penny tells him "come on boy" and then "leaves him in the car with the window cracked."

As great as the SIK was, and indeed, seemed to show Sheldon growing up in that instant right before our eyes, if he defaults straight back to a boy - and the current spoilers indicate he's really struggling - it'll be the same as the D&D game, which also went nowhere and seemed to have no impact on either character. I don't think you can continue to have this constant back-and-forth with Sheldon has a child or third-wheel to Leonard and Penny while simultaneously having him in a real relationship with Amy. Viewers are not stupid, they know plot devices when they see it, and they know when a character keeps getting yanked back and forth between multiple ways to express Sheldon's personality. I am hoping that the overwhelming and even International popularity of the SIK and of the Shamy relationship finally gets this writing team to decide to move him one way, towards being a grown up in a relationship in which he functions and participates as a grown up and interested party, rather than keep him in this tug-o-war.

My personal belief is that while Molaro was made head writer, and has a certain vision and definitely, from that article, supports the Shamy couple and wants to see it grow (he really wanted Amy to have a win) he's still got to answer to Chuck and Bill, who, either due to a different vision of Sheldon, or due to wanting to drag things out for ratings purposes, don't want Sheldon to progress or lose what makes him "Sheldony" and popular. I am hoping that seeing how insanely popular "real man" Sheldon is vs. all the complaining and table flipping done over that episode in which Sheldon was nothing more than a dog with two owners called Penny and Leonard, we'll get some movement and a final, solidified vision of Sheldon growing up and being an adult.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 9

I don't think it's just casual viewers who see the "boy to man" or even "Pinocchio to real boy" thing going on with Sheldon. The show has hammered home many times the idea that Sheldon is something other than a normal human being, calling him "homo novus" for instance, or reference after reference to him as some sort of robot. Even without all of the references to Sheldon as something like a robot or homo novus, there are still even more references or episodes in which Sheldon acts like a child, and even in some cases, many references to him as a dog. There has been a long history since the beginning of the show to suggest that Sheldon is not a fully functional adult when left to his own devices, and that he needs Leonard's constant and daily care, that in times of emotional turmoil he needs Penny's care and advice, and then when the shit really hits the fan it's time to bring in his mother.

A lot of people's frustrations with Sheldon comes from this inability to grow up. It began to wear a lot more thin once Sheldon got a girlfriend. I think that there's nothing really offensive in seeing that there's this towering genius who has social and mental struggles who gets taken care of by his roommate and best friend who appreciates his genius. And there's nothing wrong with his other friends helping him from time to time either, especially as they all struggle with him and also bend in order to be able to include him. They have become fond of him, and sort of accept the issues that come with the genius, and are pretty fascinated, in many ways, with his character and idiosyncries.

But all of that becomes different when Sheldon is in an actual romantic relationship. Friends who occasionally default to caretaker somehow works out. But in a romantic relationship, where you want the two partners to be equal and for both to get an equal measure out of the relationship, a girlfriend who is more caretaker to a childish man is ugly indeed. It doesn't work in the field of romance because it becomes ugly to watch. You have to wonder why Amy is in it, and if she's in it for the right reasons, if she's doing more to manage the relationship than have an equal partner who supports her and gives to her and lifts her up as much as she does for him. If that is not an equal two-way street between them because she's dating a boy, not a man, it becomes rather glaring.

So the idea that Sheldon might be growing up here, finally, and becoming more man than boy or robot is someone that everyone, everywhere, is excited about the latching onto. We'll see if the writers end up getting a clue about that, or they will continue to write as if they can have their cake and eat it too: Sheldon as a man-child robot and Shamy as a viable relationship.

Personally, I don't think it can be done and it's worn on me and many other members and shippers over the past 3 and a half years. As great as the SIK was, and indeed, seemed to show Sheldon growing up in that instant right before our eyes, if he defaults straight back to a boy - and the current spoilers indicate he's really struggling - it'll be the same as the D&D game, which also went nowhere and seemed to have no impact on either character.

But then of course, the D&D episode was not one that had 2 million views in the course of one week - a glaring evidence how big this became, media reaction aside. At the end of the day, TBBT will rely on feedback and this one had an overwhelming one as compared to the D&D episode which played out the romance more vaguely. Also there was more emphasis on the sexuality rather than romance in the D&D episode. While kissing is definitely physical, it was Sheldon's reaction to the kiss that completely excited people. 

The fact that he is, in your words "struggling" already shows the status quo, no matter how people try to forget about it, has been shaken. 

I believe this is chloe's beautiful work.

Brilliant!

• Like 3

I personally believe the end result of Sheldon's struggle and Amy waiting for him will be more than worth it in the end

What drew me to their relationship is their uniqueness and it doesn't matter to me how long it takes for them to get further in their relationship

Am just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride :)

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 6

Cheers to enjoying the ride!

Not my photo. Just saw this on tumblr.

SIK from Penny's POV.

tumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao1_250.giftumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao2_250.gif

tumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao4_250.giftumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao3_250.gif

tumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao5_250.giftumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao6_250.gif

tumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao7_250.giftumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao8_250.gif

Hilarious. Haha. That would so be her reaction too. Haha.

• Like 3

I think that's precisely what we're all hoping for, yes. The D&D scene was also quite popular, and I appreciated how Sheldon seemed able in that moment to give Amy something she wanted and needed to keep the relationship going. The issue is that it didn't really seem to spark anything to change romantically, and it's confusing as to how that game could have been played without being arousing or making either party all that hungry for more. I'm surprised that there was no hint that they kept playing, especially since Leonard would have been gone all summer, and Amy and Sheldon would have been alone in the apartment and left to their own devices. If they enjoyed the D&D sex, I'm a little surprised that they didn't keep playing, that there was no sign it sparked any curiosity in Sheldon at all, that it didn't lead to any further discussion or anything. It has simply never been mentioned again nor seemed to have any impact on altering the dynamic of their relationship other than it kept them together and satisfied as being partners. But it didn't lead to any expansion and it seemed to have no impact or consequences. If the SIK ends up going the same way, there will be more frustration.

We have a lot of new fan on the site, which I love, but they are more recent joiners. I'm not sure they have watched the show since the beginning or been active Shamy fanatics for 3 and a half years. I've seen a lot of people burn out, and it was very interesting to see how many of my old friends who burned out a long time ago had their interest resparked by the SIK, because FINALLY that happened. But if the momentum of the SIK leads nowhere, than those people who returned to the show due to the SIK will spark out again twice as fast as last time. I'm not sure these writers are going to capitalize on the SIK very well or not, but only time will tell.

I really believe the keyword here becomes struggle. 

Formerly, Sheldon dealt with this through resistance - by not going into the unknown and simply delaying it (hence not ruling it out), it gave him the control to manage the pace of everything. He knew he was curious. He also knew the day would come he would have to face it and learn how he would react to such things. But I would not be surprise if he somehow believed he would still remain unaffected even if they did kiss. After all, hand-holding and hugs were more of a chore rather than a joy to him. It would not be surprising that he knew the next step would be kissing and that he would somehow expect that his reaction would be the same. It could be interesting but nothing that he would be a big fan of. He had a taste of what kissing could be like back during the AIK but it was too short for him to actually make a judgement. He might have relied on that experience also as to why he might have expected  similar reaction the next time they kiss. 

Then the actual kiss came. And it turned out to be nothing like he expected it to be at all.

He lost himself for that few seconds and it was wonderful. Left him giddy until the next day. Season 6 and 7 showed us that Sheldon is no longer as clueless as he seemed to be. He even tries to outwit Amy into leaving his apartment in the closure episode by complimenting her techniques. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew that the spanking had a sexual connotation (I think it is implied as he knew a lot intimacy-wise during the D&D episode). After all, others in the gang have done a LOT that could piss him off but no one got a spanking, aside from Leonard's karate chop which was Amy-related. 

The writers are implying it in a way that keeps them safe in the case they get a barrage of negative comments. They're trying to write a stroy that will give them room to step backward and forward, depending on the feedback. With the overwhelming response the SIK got, I guess we have an idea which direction they will be heading to.

• Like 2

Can't see them doing it pre-marriage. I think what Mayim and Jim said during the Electromagnetism interview that they were more like a pair who relied on communication rather than physical intimacy will be valued by the writers. I think they'll try to explore the romance front first before getting there now that they seem to be on this tangent.

• Like 1

The writers are implying it in a way that keeps them safe in the case they get a barrage of negative comments. They're trying to write a stroy that will give them room to step backward and forward, depending on the feedback. With the overwhelming response the SIK got, I guess we have an idea which direction they will be heading to.

We can only hope, and I think that's what we all hope.

I appreciate the thoughtful response.

Sorry to the rest of you to apparently take a break from discussing sex, which Maria, Maddie, and MJ  are getting you back on track about. I know a deliberate attempt to change the subject when I see one.

That was subtle with a pronounced "b," girls. I'm glad no one is trying to dictate the conversation.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 2

I'm gonna say Sheldon but thats just because he always is in those damn fanfics I'm reading.. haha. So I'm having trouble picture anything else.

• Like 3

The movie I watched today had me thinking all kinds of shamysexuals. It's getting pretty bad. Although, I'm not complaining. Glad there's others that like talking about it just as much. I don't feel (as) weird. Maybe they're against the wall! Or maybe that's better for the second time. I'm sure their second time will happen the same day. ;)

Edited by MariaAlbina
  • Like 3