The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

The movie I watched today had me thinking all kinds of shamysexuals. It's getting pretty bad. Although, I'm not complaining. Glad there's others that like talking about it just as much. I don't feel (as) weird. Maybe they're against the wall! Or maybe that's better for the second time. I'm sure their second time will happen the same day. ;)

You could be right... hahah.

• Like 2

LOL!! Speaking of fanfics...Rachel...I'm enjoying yours. I'm reading the story that continues after the train kiss.

• Like 3

LOL!! Speaking of fanfics...Rachel...I'm enjoying yours. I'm reading the story that continues after the train kiss.

Thanks mj :)

Sure I hope they both submit the sik episode! Great acting from both of them!

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 6

We scientists DO like to experiment. :D

I'm thinking (and I really hope) that they won't wait for marriage. Why involve the government in their relationship? :)

That's part of the reason my guy & I have been "shackin' up" for nearly 16 years... No rush to get married. (We also don't want kids, so that makes marriage a little less important).

And yes, I watch the kiss a few times/day.... Over&over again!

• Like 4

We can only hope, and I think that's what we all hope.

I appreciate the thoughtful response.

Sorry to the rest of you to apparently take a break from discussing sex, which Maria, Maddie, and MJ  are getting you back on track about. I know a deliberate attempt to change the subject when I see one.

That was subtle with a pronounced "b," girls. I'm glad no one is trying to dictate the conversation.

At the end of the day, you'd be surprised at how much the writers are more invested at the characters than we are. The characters are like their babies. With Molaro identifying with Sheldon so much, I am quite sure he really wants to move the character forward but is merely afraid of making the move. Once something is aired, it becomes canon and there's no taking back. We saw from Amy's daydream of Sheldon being romantic with her how they are indeed testing the waters. And we saw that even in that daydream, Sheldon still was not as romantic as how he could get in fanfiction. The snark is there and will forever remain. I mean if it took Penny AGES to drop the ILY, makes me think it's gonna take Sheldon so much longer. Like much, much, much longer. I think they'll play around with the characters a bit more before the next romantic moment.

Edited by wanmeii
  • Like 2

At the end of the day, you'd be surprised at how much the writers are more invested at the characters than we are. The characters are like their babies. With Molaro identifying with Sheldon so much, I am quite sure he really wants to move the character forward but is merely afraid of making the move. Once something is aired, it becomes canon and there's no taking back. We saw from Amy's daydream of Sheldon being romantic with her how they are indeed testing the waters. And we saw that even in that daydream, Sheldon still was not as romantic as how he could get in fanfiction. The snark is there and will forever remain. I mean if it took Penny AGES to drop the ILY, makes me think it's gonna take Sheldon so much longer. Like much, much, much longer. I think they'll play around with the characters a bit more before the next romantic moment.

I didn't know that Molaro identified with Sheldon, I thought he identified with Leonard. But I don't know if he's ever said one way or another which one he identifies with more, so you could be right. Or you could have read something or heard him say something I didn't. If he identifies with Sheldon, that's nice to know. I felt in his last interview he commented on wanting a kiss at the end of date night, but then backtracked a bit, and I got the impression he is nervous about moving the characters forward, or struggles sometimes to be able to do so. I also thought that Amy's daydream with Sheldon was testing the waters, and I have commented before that I feel there's a new determination on the part of the writers to repair certain things from last season and to move things forward, which I see particularly with Penny quitting the Cheesecake Factory, because that's a massive step which I don't think they can backtrack on. So, like you, I'm very hopeful that the public reaction to the SIK is going to mean forward movement for Sheldon and Amy on a romantic front.

I don't mind the snark at all, but I do mind if things don't make a lot of sense. In any case, as I said, fingers crossed for more romantic development, and for seeing Sheldon, who seems to have made a move from boy to man, remain a man and not be pulled back and forth depending on the storyline.

• Like 7

Used to be a Shenny until Season 5 so it was quite a ride before I converted to Shamy a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

You know what, as much as people think Sheldon is "broken" and he is, I still think there is a part of him that is less broken than Penny at times.   I know it seems likely that she would say ILY to Leonard sooner than Sheldon would Amy, but honestly I think Sheldon will be sooner about it than Penny.  He actually is stronger in some ways than Penny is about his feelings and once he makes up his mind about things is much more willing to "go for it" than Penny.  

I agree with Lio, my understanding was that Molaro related more to Leonard based on some of his past comments.  I know he holds Leonard and Penny close to his heart.  I do think, as was mentioned above though, that the writers love these characters even more than we do.  We sometimes don't feel that, but it is true, they love the characters a lot.  They created them and it is like a parent...you can't help but love what you create.  

I agree with Lio on her comment above as well.   However as far as the snark, it depends on how mean it comes across.  Some of the dialog has been downright mean instead of just snark.  That is something I wish would get back to more wit than meanness.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 9

Lio I like that they tested out the almost kiss, it made the real kiss more enjoyable to watch (even if we did have to wait a month to see it after the taping) :)

• Like 1

Sheldon I think.  Amy will always let him lead for their "firsts" I think.  I am sure they will experiment because after all, he is "whimsically inventive".   :girlwink:

Rachel, yes indeed, still watching and enjoying the kiss! :brunette:

As long as Amy gets to make good use of his love of repetition :)

• Like 9

I think while Amy is responsible for the emotional side of the relationship hence her calming Sheldon down over the table freak out, she knows what Sheldon is like with regards to the physical stuff and I can see her backing off a bit, the kiss certainly surprised her!

• Like 2

Stardust, I complete agree with you, Shamy is "traditionalist" in some things. Amy WANTS to marry him, wants to start a family and Sheldon has been raised (as he said in 4 x 1) in a Christian home. I think he will like to marry (even to please his mother...and Amy!) Additonally, it is a sitcom, and there are weddings in sitcoms!

Edited by Susana Alcira Cairó
  • Like 1

I like the fact that Molaro said explicitly that Sheldon and Amy had a good relationship going into the kiss. It may seem like he was stating the obvious, but the fact that he reinforced this was encouraging to me. The SIK wasn't just some band-aid applied to keep Amy from throwing in the towel. In spite of the fact that I sometimes feel like I'm on a roller-coaster ride shipping this couple, they truly do - on the whole - have a rich, complex (in a good way) relationship, and I feel confident that Molaro is rooting for Shamy. Are the writers doing a perfect job of developing these characters separately and as a couple? Maybe not...but there's trial-and-error involved in doing that and I think they may start to really get a feel for what's working with all the positive feedback they've received in the wake of the SIK.

I think the fact that the writers are struggling and pressured to make it right shows they have created complex characters out of Sheldon and Amy at this point which imo, shows the the character development was fantastic.

• Like 3

Today I had a moment where I realized how much this season they have worked on reminding us on how intelligent Amy really is. They have done it in a subtle way, but the effort is great to see given the dissatisfaction with that last season. It means they are listening to what the audience is saying and working on one of the their beloved characters. Some examples are: Amy figuring out Raiders on only the first time in viewing it, Penny turning to Amy for reassurance in her word choices, talking science with Bernie, showing her so much at work in her lab, speeches on how she IS a scientist first, etc. 

I love that they have shown her to not only be more intelligent, but hard working too.   I am glad they have shown her at the lab a few times now.   I hope they still don't lose too much of her quirky nature though. Some of that has been lost.  

I would like to see genius Sheldon return as well.  He has gotten way too "soft" in a way and I miss some of that brilliant scientist version.  

• Like 4

I love that they have shown her to not only be more intelligent, but hard working too.   I am glad they have shown her at the lab a few times now.   I hope they still don't lose too much of her quirky nature though. Some of that has been lost.  

I would like to see genius Sheldon return as well.  He has gotten way too "soft" in a way and I miss some of that brilliant scientist version.  

I miss the genius Sheldon more than the quirky Amy tbh.

They still show Amy in that way from time to time, like in the JEJ episode, when she admits to feel pretty good about showing of her tiara in front of those little girls.

It might not be as much as I want, but still it's there.

• Like 3