The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Maybe Sheldon decides to whip up a new R/A and Amy is surprised to see kissing under handholding. But to make everyone happy (even viewers) it could say "kissing is only allowed when both parties see fit."

Naturally, that's the only way kissing should happen for anyone so it's really just Sheldon's way of saying they don't need situations for it to be okay like hand holding used to be.

• Like 8

Being in a relationship even with the RA would definitely show that Sheldon is indeed, changing.

He's so obsessive about having all these guidelines and particular order in all that he does. Doing something devoid of any set parameters (even without him realizing it) is definitely something new for him. And the fact it is all happening so naturally is really making this all the more romantic.

• Like 4

I don't know why, but I have this head canon that when Sheldon apologizes to Amy for putting her through what he did, just a moment before he takes his finger on his iPAD and moves a file to the trash bin (the file of the signed termination agreement) and he tells her he null and voided the signed agreement and it is destroyed.   It still would be done in a way that could be very romantic, but still gave both of them the comfort they drew from having the RA in place. :girlwink:

• Like 1

I don't think it would be in character for Sheldon to destroy or nullify the RelAg, just as he has not done away with the RA between him and Leonard.

We don't know exactly how he gets around the termination signature, but I don't think he'd just suddenly void the agreement altogether.

But I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

I don't know why, but I have this head canon that when Sheldon apologizes to Amy for putting her through what he did, just a moment before he takes his finger on his iPAD and moves a file to the trash bin (the file of the signed termination agreement) and he tells her he null and voided the signed agreement and it is destroyed.   It still would be done in a way that could be very romantic, but still gave both of them the comfort they drew from having the RA in place. :girlwink:

I agree that it would be too OOC for Sheldon to throw out the Relationship Agreement. He needs these things, and in a weird way, I like them and sort of feel that more people should have documents like it. It means you go through and discuss everything at the outset, and clears up a lot and makes sure things are explicit rather than implicit in a relationship, which happens to be the gold standard for the measure of it's health.

The problem I have here is that I think that Amy IS going to sign this document, as she stalls for time and makes commentary that will help Sheldon come to his senses at the same time, and that the symbolism of Amy signing the document will be totally lost on the writers. She'll just be signing it while she stalls for time, but in the end I think it seems clear they are back together (also, our mystery man who saw this episode at the taping said there was no apology in it, so I don't know if that line about "sorry to put you through that" is legitimate or not. Or if it was cut. But as it turns out, Sheldon might NOT apologize to Amy for putting her through this crap, which makes me even more annoyed with this episode than I was previously) and it's not mentioned again, I don't think it's considered that she really signed the document.

Apparently there's some giant "Erase" taken here, or they agree to "Reboot" the relationship again, but it doesn't seem effective that Amy signed that document. My greatest hope, honestly, if that in two or three weeks, we come across some situation where Sheldon tries to strong arm Amy into something by saying "it's in the relationship agreement," and Amy says, "Screw it, I signed to terminate the relationship. RA is out the window, Sheldon." But that would also imply they were not boyfriend and girlfriend anymore, in which case, I'm not sure what they are.

So I have a feeling that Amy signing that termination in the moment is something glossed over later like it never happened by mutual, silent agreement between both parties. Making a big deal of it is the equivalent of latching onto Emily, or Faisal, or other small details which never come to anything. I could be wrong, for all I know, Faisal is going to show up next week and sweep Amy off her feet and take here away to Arabia, and she'll dump Sheldon and become a princess and we'll never hear of her again.

But I doubt it.

• Like 7

I don't think it would be in character for Sheldon to destroy or nullify the RelAg, just as he has not done away with the RA between him and Leonard.

We don't know exactly how he gets around the termination signature, but I don't think he'd just suddenly void the agreement altogether.

But I guess we'll see.

I may have worded that not well, but the only thing null and voided was the termination agreement.  That is what I was saying...the RA stays in tact and he nulls and voids the termination agreement. That is my head canon.   It is a way to prove to her that they are not broken-up, but still very much together.  I agree, I don't see him getting rid of the RA at all, nor her for that matter. It means a lot to both of them.

So Lio, mystery taping attendee said that there was no apology?  Could he just not have remembered or not really felt it was obvious it was an apology?  I would hate it if they remove the apology.  That was the thing that made that whole mess make any sense in the end.   I think it would be hard to see them together and say they are together otherwise without at least making it clear that 1) she started to sign the thing, but the popup about a survey came up and instead she went off to do the survey so never signed, and they came to an agreement before she signed, or 2) the apology has to be in there.  Otherwise it seems very loosey-goosey as to what they are.  I know they don't have to tie up all loose ends, but in this case I do think it would be ridiculous not to.  It would seem too questionable otherwise.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

the RA stays in tact and he nulls and voids the termination agreement.

While this maybe what will happen, they need to address it on the show. It would feel wrong if we see Amy sign it first, and then without any talk or whatever the RA is back.

That's at least what I hope for.

• Like 5

Even if they do break up SHAMY is clearly a Endgame couple after that KISS. Sheldon is still adjusting and trying to process the fact that he has indeed changed and FOR THE BETTER!!  He's just scared right now poor baby.  I think he is finally realizing what us SHAMY fans have known all along that he has fallen in love with Amy and just like Penny, Sheldon seems to have commitment issues too when it comes to intimacy and relationships.  Must be from his broken and repressive childhood. :( I really hope Amy can help him realize being more affectionate and in love with your woman is not a bad thing for him, but a very, VERY GOOD THING.  It will take more time, but I think eventually Sheldon will get there.  ;)  But, I'm not too worried, even if they do break up Sheldon will just go crazy missing her and then have to do everything he can to get her back....maybe even have to propose marriage to keep her from dating another guy.  OH YEAH!

Honestly I sort of wonder if this episode may turn out to be the writers way of finally fully explaining to everyone why Sheldon's personality has slowly changed over the years, especially to all the people that still don't like that he has indeed changed or to those that are still not convince about his relationship working out for him.  This episode is for those people who still want Sheldon to be the robotic antisocial asexual jerk with a super annoying didactic personality he was in seasons 1-3 before he met her, instead of who he's become now a slightly more affectionate, caring, more emotional romantic lover/boyfriend and friend.  Now he actually acts like a real human being and not a wannabe emotionless robot all the time.  And that scares him, just like it scare any real human being that is afraid of change.  Its Brilliant idea actually!!  Looks like this episode might be Sheldon's last big ditch effort to go back to his old antisocial selfish ways and maintain his old self, but by trying to do so he will end up realizing that not only can he not automatically change back to who he use to be by releasing Amy from her contract, but now that he's discovered the love of a good woman he will only discover how much he truly can't live without her anymore and may finally say what we SHAMY fans have been dying to hear from Sheldon these three long years now "I love you, Amy Farrah Fowler, I need you in my life, please will you do me the honor of joining into a new MARRIAGE CONTRACT with me.  The relationship agreement needs to end its only way Sheldon can finally propose a new better contract of holy matrimony to Amy in the not so distant future :) Who knows at this rate SHAMY may even be engaged or married before Leonard and Penny are and definitely before Raj ever will.

I mean all it would take is Amy going on one date with another guy to make Sheldon go insane with jealousy, look what happened when she went out on a date with Stuart that was when he asked Amy to be his girlfriend in first place right in front of Stuart.  If Amy went out with that annoying tall geologist dude that has a crush on her and Sheldon found out about he'd be so upset there wouldn't be enough tea in the world to quell his rage!!  I can so picture a scene of Amy and Burt at a restaurant trying to have a lovely meal together and Sheldon bursting into restaurant to defend his ladies honor after he sees Burt touch her hand while gazing at them through binoculars through the restaurant windows.  Sheldon then filled with jealousy and (repressed sexual desire) ;) walks right up to their table and either one of three things would then occur after that.

1.  Sheldon challenges Burt to a duel using his cute Texas accent, a full on nerdy fist fight like he did that time to Wil Wheaton and Amy would have to find some way to prevent them from actually fighting or let it play out Burt goes to far and Amy ends up kicking Burt in the Balls for hurting Sheldon like Penny had to do to Todd Zarnecki.

2.  Sheldon sits right down at the table like he did at the movie theater and asks Amy to enter into a new contract with him and be his girlfriend again at that point this time Amy would say No, because she's not about to take him back so easily after how he has treated her so that forces Sheldon to get down onto one knee and actually propose marriage in order to get her to say YES! right in front of Burt just like they did to Stuart.

3.  Sheldon tries to make Amy jealous right back by "hiring" some girl or maybe they'd bring Alex back and he'd force her to do it because she's still  his assistant, but yeah he'd go into restaurant with another girl and try to act like he's really enjoying himself in order to make Amy upset.  Amy does get a little upset, but she is also aware of what he is trying to do so instead of just making a scene she pretends to laugh at Burt's jokes and enjoy his company even more both trying to upstage the other until it goes to far and Sheldon kisses this "other woman" just to "WIN" and Amy gets up and leaves totally heartbroken and Sheldon realizes he's finally gone to far.  Shows up at her door later like he usually does with a gift and when he sees she has been crying and was really hurt by his behavior he finally gives a real emotional honest apology and begs for forgiveness.  She agrees to let him in to her apartment, but she has some conditions in order for them to get back together Sheldon has to agree to do so on "her" terms for a change and that means finally giving her the affection and romance she truly desires and DESERVES!   Sheldon then kisses her to prove he is serious and winds up reaching second or third base with her that night.  :)

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 8

Well there was a line if I recall where Leonard asks if they are together because he wasn't sure with the way Sheldon stormed out (this is after Sheldon goes over to her apartment to have her sign the Termination Agreement).  They told Leonard that they were still together in that scene, which was toward the end of the episode.   So I am not sure if we ever really get a satisfactory resolution between her signing the Termination (if she really does sign it..or does she stall through taking the survey first?) and them being back at his apartment and Leonard asking about their status.   Originally there was supposed to be some sort of apology but according to someone who attended the taping last week, that apology scene wasn't there.   I am hoping perhaps it was there and they didn't really notice somehow or understand it was an apology scene.   :girlwink:

Overall they are closing the episode with Shamy not broken up, but together.   :girldance:

I think given the kiss, there was really no additional reason for them to have to prove to the folks that insist Sheldon remain the same or be asexual, that he has gone through an organic awakening. It is obvious when he kissed her he has gone through awakening.   But if it makes it more clear to them, then I guess it is okay.   I just don't know if that was their intention with this episode. I am guessing it was more for Sheldon than anyone.  Sheldon needed to understand that he has grown and opened up more, but that it is actually for the better and he still is fundamentally the same person.  It is to make him see Amy has made him a better man and a more caring person in general.

So instead of it being for the audience to see his change, I think it was more the character needed to realize that he can have it all...career, Nobel Prize goals, still love Science, still be who he is, yet be more compassionate and caring as a person and be able to love someone deeply who loves him for who he is. :popcorn:   She didn't change who he was as much as brought out (awakened)  what has always been part of him to begin with.  She brought out his ability to feel again (something he has always had inside of him).  She brought out his caring nature (again, he has always had a caring nature, but just was afraid of it and found it hippie-dippy).   And someone who can love others (which he has always loved others, but again, avoided the hippie-dippy feelings in order to not have to admit it to himself or others.)

So what I see is that she didn't really "change" him as much as opened him up and awakened what was within him.   :curtsey:  She let everything that had been stored inside of him free (like opening a box filled with butterflies).  

I love your post !!!

• Like 3

I'm actually thinking the build up to this episode is getting just as intense as the SIK....

Close, but imho only because we have very little info to go on.

The build up to the sik was bigger I think because we had too see it to believe it.

Now we are excited because we don't know what happens in between 2 big moments (the attempted break up and the statement they aren't broken up).

*comes out of lurkedom* I'm not going to comment on the next episode, but I wanted to comment on the whole jealousy stuff.

I get it that Sheldon in the past has been pushed forward by jealousy, but I really would not want that to ever be used again as a plot device to move things forward. I think Lio put it best last week, that would still be a reaction, rather than a pro-action, and he needs to come out of this whole 'object' mindset and start moving things forward because he wants to (even if it's in the form of the smallest of baby steps), in order for this relationship to be equal and balanced and, from a storytelling POV, less predictable and more interesting. That was what, IMO, was so refreshing about the whole Shamy business at the beginning of S6. So I hope we never see a jealousy plot again, it's just as cheap a plot device as alcohol is, with storytelling.

• Like 7