The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I would love it if there was a secret scene in the Table Polarization where Sheldon kisses Amy to apologize.

I would love if if there was a kiss in the episode taped next week.

I would love it if the season finale ends on another SIK, or maybe a MIK.

But  you never really know, so just wait and see.

• Like 5

I'm not expecting a kiss in the next episode or anything like that. And it could also turn out to be pretty lame if kissing becomes like handholding, something that Amy forces Sheldon into. But Mayim usually doesn't let things like this slip unless she's been told something. Doesn't necessarily mean that they have a kiss in a script ready, but she was told about the "juicy episode" (i.e. SIK) way before the script was ready, so I'm hoping to cod that this means there's been some reassessment of their stance on physical affection following the success of the episode (24 million viewers: anyone, anyone? You hear the sound of all those remotes Chuck? They like happy Shamy).

Edited by koops
  • Like 9

tumblr_n1h6kfFx3X1qfo8s1o1_500.gif

Oh yes. I prefer this way as well.

God I love them so much, this reversed gif is so much better!

I bet the scene where he goes there to break up with her, Amy sees right through him. Of course she doesn't understand him fully and perfectly but does still good enough. She understands that he is panicing and reacting from the fear-based level of him and not acting from his rational side at all and thus handles the situation accordingly. From the short preview they showed in some Mayim interview there was just calm assertiveness and peace from her side reacting to his panicing. But what is behind that calm assertiveness and peace, is very forbearing love for him. From that preview I don't see her "manipulating" the situation at all - instead she seems to understand and read the situation very well, much more better than him (thanks to Penny for informing her too), so she knows knows how to deal with it. She knows also how to deal with him. But what she is doing there, is because she loves him, and understands his weaknesses maybe better than he does. She loves his inner being too, that part of him which was hurt a long time ago, that deeper level of him, his "inner child" which every person has still as adults, where many of his fears still dwell. Maybe she understands this. She sees his vulnerable side and understands where this all "breaking up" is coming from. She loves him as a whole package and have incomprehensive amount of forbearance with him. But I'm glad too that she has shown also to be able to set healthy boundaries where her tolerance goes with him, because that is what love does too. Sheldon Cooper could absolutely not have got a better girlfriend than she is. The more her love takes effect on him, the more he is being set free from his fears from the past and we see him changing little be little to a man he wants to be.

But I'll wait how the rest of the scene plays out before saying more, I've seen only the beginning of the scene so what I wrote is based on that short clip and thoughts followed by it. Maybe I'm inclined to too sappy or romantic interpretations, but this is how I see the scene for now.

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 5

So anyone else trying not to betray their cool exteriors at Mayim's recent comment? I'm trying so hard not to read too much into it (and failing). I'm deluded, I know.

I almost had a stroke. Then I read "who knows?" :icon_cry:

But between this and Molaros little date night kisses comment...maybe there's hope for us after all. :( [clutching on straws]

• Like 4

... But what she is doing there, is because she loves him, and understands his weaknesses maybe better than he does. She loves his inner being too, that part of him which was hurt a long time ago, that deeper level of him, his "inner child" which every person has still as adults, where many of his fears still dwell... 

THIS.

• Like 3

Heyyyyyy !!!  :bye:

I failed in the afternoon, I watched the promo and I remembered I was supposed to be spoiler free.  :laugh: 

So I'm back, because I need to know what will happen between our two lovebirds ;)

Um... I have 30 pages late, be right back (hahaha)

Awwww, you stayed spoiler free for two weeks ! It's a record, I'm so proud of you :) :)  ahah 

Not gonna lie, I'm glad you're back <3

Edited by Raamaa
  • Like 4

I'm not expecting a kiss in the next episode or anything like that. And it could also turn out to be pretty lame if kissing becomes like handholding, something that Amy forces Sheldon into. But Mayim usually doesn't let things like this slip unless she's been told something. Doesn't necessarily mean that they have a kiss in a script ready, but she was told about the "juicy episode" (i.e. SIK) way before the script was ready, so I'm hoping to cod that this means there's been some reassessment of their stance on physical affection following the success of the episode (24 million viewers: anyone, anyone? You hear the sound of all those remotes Chuck? They like happy Shamy).

I am fairly certain she realizes another kiss is coming.  She never says anything about future storyline without checking with Bill first (I remember her being specific about that) because she doesn't share spoilers otherwise.   Second, she never talks about them unless they have been scripted and she knows she is going to be working on an episode in the very near future.  So I would think it is coming very soon (either next episode being taped or the one after likely).   Last year they took a lot longer scripting the finale scenes.  Remember they were writing the finale the week before it was to tape.  So I think they probably have them sketched out, but not actually scripted.      When she let out about the "juicy episode" it was not the immediate taping but the one after that it came.   So I am guessing she knows it is there and ready for taping.  

I do remember the article from Molaro talking about possibly them kissing after a date so perhaps it is a goodnight kiss that will come.  I just hope it is Sheldon's move again because I agree that I don't want it to be like hand-holding.  I don't think they could do that though in this case because he liked it way too much.   He can't use an excuse like he did with handholding.  In this case, it was obvious he enjoyed the kiss and had a lot of stirrings within from it.   So it would be harder for them to have the audience buy into not liking kissing suddenly.   

• Like 8

Heyyyyyy !!!  :bye:

I failed in the afternoon, I watched the promo and I remembered I was supposed to be spoiler free.  :laugh: 

So I'm back, because I need to know what will happen between our two lovebirds ;)

Um... I have 30 pages late, be right back (hahaha)

Welcome, sweetie!! :bye:I knew you'll come back. Being spoiled and have an oportunity to read the whole Shamy-discussion is irressistible, hehe!

• Like 1

I am fairly certain she realizes another kiss is coming.  She never says anything about future storyline without checking with Bill first (I remember her being specific about that) because she doesn't share spoilers otherwise.   Second, she never talks about them unless they have been scripted and she knows she is going to be working on an episode in the very near future.  So I would think it is coming very soon (either next episode being taped or the one after likely).   Last year they took a lot longer scripting the finale scenes.  Remember they were writing the finale the week before it was to tape.  So I think they probably have them sketched out, but not actually scripted.      When she let out about the "juicy episode" it was not the immediate taping but the one after that it came.   So I am guessing she knows it is there and ready for taping.  

I do remember the article from Molaro talking about possibly them kissing after a date so perhaps it is a goodnight kiss that will come.  I just hope it is Sheldon's move again because I agree that I don't want it to be like hand-holding.  I don't think they could do that though in this case because he liked it way too much.   He can't use an excuse like he did with handholding.  In this case, it was obvious he enjoyed the kiss and had a lot of stirrings within from it.   So it would be harder for them to have the audience buy into not liking kissing suddenly.   

As far as I recall, the "juicy" spoiler came quite a while before they taped the V-day ep. If I'm not mistaken it came out around Xmas time or so, because I remember some were speculating whether she was referring to the butt slap. And it sounds like they had been writing that episode for quite a while because Eric tweeted about the "biannual review" that everyone was expecting to be about 7x10 or 7x11 before they taped 7x10, and instead ended up being in the V-day ep. I get the feeling they're planning things further ahead this year than they used to do in the past. 

The way she said "Maybe there's more", to me, sounded like there's rumors on set that there's probably going to be more kissing coming but it hasn't been set in stone yet. I might be completely wrong, of course, but I really don't feel confident enough to bet my kidneys on any particular episode, especially the next one or two coming up. For all we know it could have been a slip of the tongue too, I just don't want to get my hopes up too much. The thing that does make me feel cautiously positive is that it came from Mayim, who usually runs the totally opposite direction and keep expectations super low when asked about this stuff.

• Like 8

I read all the pages and now  :dancer:  :swoon:

FEELS FEELS FEELS FEELS 

SO MUCH FEELS ABOUT SHAMY :wub:

I missed you guys, thank you for the welcoming (I try really hard to stay unspoiled - I even start a fanfic just to stay away from here lol) but here I am, ready to share some love with you all  :give_rose: 

Good to have you back Chrystallie, you managed to stay spoiler free a lot longer then me ;)

• Like 1

I am wondering what Mayim has been told or what has been said to her to be so positive about the idea more kisses are coming in Shamy's future. I remember that before they got the script, Chuck Lorre came to Kaley Cuoco and told her beforehand when Sheldon was going to hug Penny in the Xmas episode, and they got emotional about it. So it's very possible that the producers have been thrilled about the SIK's reception, and how it went over with the public and in ratings, and that they have made comments to Mayim that there will be more, and that she can hint in interviews and be positive about it.

If so, if we can take Mayim's little quip during this latest interview as a sign that she's heard positive things about the couple advancing with more kissing or more affection on set, then I have to say a huge hallelujah. I think that the Proton and break up episodes were written or planned before the show had the full numbers in about the ratings, and before all of the obvious evidence and responses to the SIK had been tallied. With such an overwhelmingly positive response, I've been so incredibly hopeful that that would have an effect and propel Shamy forward. I'm not thrilled about the break up episode, it sort of cuts both ways for me - somethings I'm happy about, somethings I am not - but it's been the episodes which would come after the true public reaction to Sheldon kissing Amy could be measured that I was curious to see. Curious if there would be any impact. 

I really want to see the cast and crews thoughts on the beyond overwhelming response the SIK had. Sure we had Jim's video and Mayim's blog entry but we've never had anything way, way after the responses all came in.

2.6 million views in YouTube y'all. 

• Like 9