The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I'd like the bed sharing thing to happen in this season's finale. 

Sheldon: We've only been dating for 3 years, if we were to share a room, people might talk ! 

I'm afraid he won't be ready to sleep in a bed with someone yet.

But maybe, with a little encouragement? 

Any volunteer to kick his butt?  :shout:

• Like 2

Sheldon: We've only been dating for 3 years, if we were to share a room, people might talk !

Any volunteer to kick his butt? :shout:

hahahhaa. Good point. U'm crossing my fingers for next season.
  • Like 1

I won't kick it...but I might do other things to his butt... :p

• Like 6

Deliberately planning to share a room/bed and ending up sharing it are two different things though ;) After all, if it were up to Sheldon's pace, they probably wouldn't even share an apartment until they're 85. 

Hahaha... True.

Me, teacher, me!!!

• Like 1

If they were to share a room w/o sex, which would probably be more likely at this stage, I do think that Sheldon would not be the one to suggest it--and maybe not Amy, either.  Maybe the others would "encourage" them, or they would have no choice or whatever.

I can see Sheldon insisting on a bunch of rules, but ultimately being rather "gentlemanly" about it all.  I do think that he still has that prudish streak--when he objected to the idea of sharing a room in Napa, I don't think he was thinking just about Howard and Bernie witnessing it, but about the whole implication--"we've only been dating for 3 years", etc.  To him, it seems to be about propriety, not just his personal reluctance about physical intimacy.  Way back in Launch Acceleration, he talked about how they'd only known each other for two years and here he was "in [her] apartment after dark".

It's kind of very old-fashioned, and I could it see it being something that he learned at home--a young man doesn't go to a young woman's home after dark (unless her parents are there), or that it's inappropriate for a couple to be "in bed together" after such a short time (to him) of knowing each other, or that people might talk/gossip about them (that they are having sex!!) if they were to share a room, even if it were platonic.

In my world, I know plenty of people who would object to the idea of a single person having a non-relative of the opposite sex staying with them, even in a spare bedroom.  It just doesn't "look right", or is inappropriate, even if you assure people that nothing will happen.  It's a bit of a strict attitude, and a bit old-fashioned, but it seems like that would be the way Sheldon would have been brought up.

But if they were somehow "forced" into such a situation, I can see them maybe staying up all night talking, maybe trying to avoid actually getting in bed together, because of all of the implications, both from their own status as bf/gf, but also because of the expectations of their friends, etc.

I think it would be kind of funny if all they do is sleep, in the end, but then they don't say anything about it either way to the rest of the gang, leaving everyone to speculate as to whether or not they did it.

Dunno.  I can imagine it a few different ways.

• Like 6

Yeah, i also didn't get the impression that the "people might talk" was only about H/B.... Although, who else would have known they've "only" been dating 3 years? Anyway, I always thought Sheldon's sense of propriety is essentially the exaggeration of what everyone's sense of propriety normally is. You know, like people have the three-date rule before sex or whatever? To Sheldon it's the three-years rule before being in the apartment after dark. :p I do like it though that it is always and exclusively a matter of time with him, he never turned her down because he does not want X or Y, but always because he felt it is "too soon". It's the whole turtle and the snail thing, really, and that's why I think some form of "encouragement" is sometimes needed with him to speed things up a little, otherwise they'd never get anywhere.

@Maria, is the clip anywhere on the internet? Or can you tell us what happens in the scene?

• Like 4

@Maria, is the clip anywhere on the internet? Or can you tell us what happens in the scene?

Basically he says he's surprised she's not upset. She says "oh, I'm not upset I've already moved on."she says that Leonard always manipulates him. He says 'he does?" She says "of course". Then my dog started barking so I couldn't hear well but she started going off on the table saying now she doesn't have to be around the table now that they're not together. "He's using a table against you. A TABLE" She was talking about the table like we all have been for the past 3 weeks. It was hilarious to see someone else on the show wanting to flip it hahaha Sheldon goes from upset that she's moved on to curious as she starts talking about Leonard manipulating him. 'Amy' is an awful actress so it was hilarious to hear her going on and Sheldon taking such interest in what she was saying Edited by MariaAlbina
  • Like 8

I AM ACTUALLY SO EXCITED FOR THIS NOW!

I won't be able to get online for the east coast viewing time.. But my even is planned around TBBT new episode tonight. :p all stops are being pulled out to ensure I'm at the hotel ready to watch! Dinner can be had after :p

Doing the WB studio tour today, If I see anything BBT Related I'll let y'all know xx

So excited for you!

I have rehearsal, so my usual evening of TBBT self-indulgence (some tasty takeout, something yummy for dessert) is kind of off.  But I probably will pick up some kind of takeout to eat at 10:30(!) after rehearsal while I watch the episode.  I do have ice cream in the freezer, too, so that will be good! :)

Hope you get to see something fun on the tour!  (Too bad Jim won't be around on the lot...) :)

• Like 2

So excited for you!

I have rehearsal, so my usual evening of TBBT self-indulgence (some tasty takeout, something yummy for dessert) is kind of off. But I probably will pick up some kind of takeout to eat at 10:30(!) after rehearsal while I watch the episode. I do have ice cream in the freezer, too, so that will be good! :)

Hope you get to see something fun on the tour! (Too bad Jim won't be around on the lot...) :)

Jim not being around might mean the BBT is not being used. ;) which might work out more for me ;)

I'll see him on Tuesday anyway :)

• Like 1