The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Shamy just felt so in tune and connected with each other this episode. It was amazing, from the precious look they shared in the cold open to the conversation in Amy's apartment, to the confrontation with Lenny, to the tag scene. I know they had an argument and an almost break up in this episode, but I feel like they are stronger than ever. I'm just left wanting more now. I'm so excited to see what happens next. :D

That is exactly what I meant when I said they seemed different.  Like they are on a whole new level!

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ItS ironical Amy suggests Leonards manipulated Sheldon, when you cld argue Sheldons been manipulating Leonard since the pilot. And i dknt neccessarilly agree that Penny hasxevercwalked over Leonard, her choices in relationships early on contradicted her relationship with leonard. But i wouldent go as far as say shes ever manipulated leonard, just watch raiders to kno thats nt true. Shamy dnt hv that problem, as. They bring very different perrsonalities and components to theur relationship, they also hav alot more in common and are very similar, amys basically the female sheldon. So i feel Amy can easily monopolize sheldon, as they understanf each other more naturally then lenny. Lenny are much more honest relationship now tho. I just think lenny were pointing out the changes amy has made to his life, so u saw s3 flashback pre. Meeting Amy Sheldon, reevaulting the changes, he freaked out. But then he realized hw good the changes were, their was no need for the RA anymore.

Also I'd like to add this. 

This seems to be the episode wherein it is established that the Shamy is on a whole new different level. It is sort of like the L/P apartment. It's still there but with modifications (the table instead of the desk). Change has obviously taken place but we are comforted that it is not enough to change the fact that the characters are still the characters we have learned to love, but like the desk with the Windows 98 PC, some things will simply need to be outgrown. This episode seemed to be very particular with the change Sheldon has gone under and that finally, he has come to accept it.

I totally found it cute when Sheldon decided to use Amy's tactic against the group. So he knew all along he was being manipulated, but then this isn't the first time Amy has done her neuroscience experiments on him and he always just went along with it. The sweet thing all these years is that he allows himself to go along with it despite being suspicious. The part where he agrees with Amy that their relationship is "stronger than ever" is actually made sweet ironically because he preferred to keep the table when she suggested that he move in with her - just goes to show he is indeed digesting whatever she's feeding him with hazard. and that's a good thing, because I think it could be the rebuttal of the writers to the viewers who think Amy just kept on manipulating Sheldon the past two seasons. Now it's finally pointed out that she "tries" to get her way but gets it not because she has deceived Sheldon, but because he is fully aware of what she is trying to do and allows her to do so. Somehow, makes you think Sheldon is in stealth mode all the time, but we've seen his potential in that during the Itchy Brain episode. I'm liking it because it adds a complex and unpredictable dimension to his characterization.

By the way, did anyone notice the constant analogy between Amy and being a princess? I think this has been referenced to ever since her entrance to the show (with the tiara, being Snow White) but I found it funny that she chose the farthest thing from a conventional prince charming to fall in love with. I remember Penny's like about Sheldon being the frog who was kissed by a princess to become a prince - will that line hold some value for the future episodes? Especially with the mention of Chaos Theory or The Butterfly Effect. One flap of a pair of wings can turn into a storm somewhere else and I do feel that we will have a Shamy finale this season where this could possibly be referenced to. Perhaps the kiss was the trigger to something big that will happen before the season ends. With Amy signing their Relationship Agreement, I am sure that will ultimately be revisited after a couple of episodes.

Is it me, or is Sheldon trying to avoid eye contact with Amy when he walks in her apartment to break up.

As if he would fall apart by the look he expected from Amy.

Yes, I noticed this too and I agree. No greeting, no eye contact, nothing. He just walks in and says the break up thing. He wanted to save his own face too in the moment. We can clearly see his actions are here caused by fear and panicing and no rational thinking or peace of mind was involved. And I think he was certainly expecting for a different response from Amy, so they wouldn't need to break up, because deep in his heart he didn't want to break up with her in the first place.

By this time, Sheldon knows, that there is more physical contact and "making out" coming on its way between him and Amy. He's fully aware of it. It scares him a little bit, and maybe that played a part too in this idea of breaking up with her (hence Penny making a reference how he has changed in terms of physical contact due to Amy). On the train trip an admission from Amy that she wanted romance, got him kissing her and they ended up "making out". Maybe he on the other hand is afraid of and on the other hand is shivering from excitement when the next time will come. He knows, that on certain situations, like the train trip was, it needs only one look, one touch or one sentence from his girlfriend, and he's a lost cause, so to speak. A lost cause in terms of his old robotic himself avoiding physical contact, romance and love. He knows he'll give in to her to intimacy with her and that's what he is, at least some level, afraid of and how far it will go from there. He knows he won't be able to resist her in a such situation, he will lean in and kiss her again ("I feel an urge to hug you"... we know he already has urges for her). He knows he will feel again the senses of passion and intoxicating pleasure of kissing her going through his body, and he won't be able to resist it. He knows it will leave him yearning for more of it and it might change him even more. How far they went on a train in front of everybody else, so where it'll go when they are on private? Sinking in the kiss must have had him a bit on guard afterwards, because so lost in the kiss he got in that moment. It was too unique experience to him, letting the control to slip out of his hands and be guided by his emotions and feelings. It left him tingling in excitement and wonder what has this woman done to him. On the other hand he wants to experience it again, on the onther hand he's so afraid of it. All this struggling he has with himself makes a lot of sense to me, but he is going forward, because the price he has to pay for the growth is nothing compared to the prize he's going to have from it.

Edited by Catlina

tumblr_n1ooo8rQme1t90x77o1_500.png

So many feels tonight...but this moment started the episode off on a great foot!  :girlinlove:    Penny, thanks for mentioning about 'making out' because it was wonderful to hear it was not just a "kiss" but "making out".  Hooo!  :swoon:

"We are stronger than ever" - Sheldon   :girlinlove:

SO MANY FEELS!!!!!   :tender::swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

I can't stop smiling. 

tumblr_n1ooo8rQme1t90x77o1_500.png

So many feels tonight...but this moment started the episode off on a great foot!  :girlinlove:    Penny, thanks for mentioning about 'making out' because it was wonderful to hear it was not just a "kiss" but "making out".  Hooo!  :swoon:

"We are stronger than ever" - Sheldon   :girlinlove:

SO MANY FEELS!!!!!   :tender::swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

This is what I think happened:  The dessert on the table in the train was not a brownie, it was a sliced custard tart (I'm a foodie; I notice these things).  Shamy kissed, then later they ate a brownie (sharing it?), AND THEN they made out.  

I loved Amy asserting herself this episode.

If the issue that had driven Sheldon to break up with her had had anything to do with her, then yes, they should have talked seriously. But since Sheldon's motivation was solely that Leonard and Penny falsely equated her with the table in his mind (nice going assholes) she just had to put a stop to the nonsense. The quickest way was to have Sheldon stop the break up.

And Leonard can blame Sheldon all he wants, nobody liked his table. They were forced to huddle together and they couldn't watch television. They wanted to lounge around with Sheldon and Amy.

Yes, I noticed this too and I agree. No greeting, no eye contact, nothing. He just walks in and says the break up thing. He wanted to save his own face too in the moment. We can clearly see his actions are here caused by fear and panicing and no rational thinking or peace of mind was involved. And I think he was certainly expecting for a different response from Amy, so they wouldn't need to break up, because deep in his heart he didn't want to break up with her in the first place.

By this time, Sheldon knows, that there is more physical contact and "making out" coming on its way between him and Amy. He's fully aware of it. It scares him a little bit, and maybe that played a part too in this idea of breaking up with her (hence Penny making a reference how he has changed in terms of physical contact due to Amy). On the train trip an admission from Amy that she wanted romance, got him kissing her and they ended up "making out". Maybe he on the other hand is afraid of and on the other hand is shivering from excitement when the next time will come. He knows, that on certain situations, like the train trip was, it needs only one look, one touch or one sentence from his girlfriend, and he's a lost cause, so to speak. A lost cause in terms of his old robotic himself avoiding physical contact, romance and love. He knows he'll give in to her to intimacy with her and that's what he is, at least some level, afraid of and how far it will go from there. He knows he won't be able to resist her in a such situation, he will lean in and kiss her again ("I feel an urge to hug you"... we know he already has urges for her). He knows he will feel again the senses of passion and intoxicating pleasure of kissing her going through his body, and he won't be able to resist it. He knows it will leave him yearning for more of it and it might change him even more. How far they went on a train in front of everybody else, so where it'll go when they are on private? Sinking in the kiss must have had him a bit on guard afterwards, because so lost in the kiss he got in that moment. It was too unique experience to him, letting the control to slip out of his hands and be guided by his emotions and feelings. It left him tingling in excitement and wonder what has this woman done to him. On the other hand he wants to experience it again, on the onther hand he's so afraid of it. All this struggling he has with himself makes a lot of sense to me, but he is going forward, because the price he has to pay for the growth is nothing compared to the prize he's going to have from it.

Where is a LOVE button, dammit???!!!!!

What are you doing with me, Cat?!!

tumblr_miq3m5M8K61rjj1tzo1_500.gif?extra

I misheard Penny's line about Amy telling her about the Kiss. Thought she said that it was the most "exciting" thing that had happend to her, so I must say I got a bit disapointed when watching it again and heard she said "interesting". Idk, think I prefered exciting :p

But I guess "interesting" was a word Penny chose to use and not the one Amy described it with.

I'd kill to see the scene where Amy told Penny!! It's been such a long time since we had any Pamy moments!! But I realise it would have been hard to make that scene fit in this episode and I really loved the opening scene the way it was!

Edited by Jaime

Now that I have finally seen the episode, as I suspected before Amy didn't manipulate Sheldon, she just told him what he didn't realise about Leonard and sticking up for her boyfriend jmo

And the apology was so sweet from Sheldon, he realises just how important Amy is to him

Edited by rachelshamyfan

I think he was surprised that she'd stand by him against the dining room table because of what the dining room table represented. It was the grown up thing to do. Amy has been identifying more with "the grown ups". But she's as with the tea party bar thing, she's started to realize that's not too much fun. This may also be a sign she's ready to go back to being Sheldon's playmate.

I'd like an episode where Amy mucks around Leonard's brain the same way he and Penny mucked around Sheldon's. It was not helpful and if Amy hadn't been at the top of her game, it could have been devastating.

I really do not think it's fair to blame Leonard and Penny for this one. Sheldon was the one who accused Penny of changing Leonard, Lenny simply pointed out that being in a relationship does have an impact on everyone, including Sheldon. They were not trying to manipulate him or mess around with his brain. They were simply trying to reason with him and making him realize that not all change is bad. Of course Sheldon has a pathological fear of change, so he's not going to handle it lightly, and that's what is interesting about his character, but I don't think Lenny meant to cause any harm. 

I am hoping that Amy telling him he was going to stand by him about the table was her being genuine, I thought that moment was very sweet. But given the context, I'm not sure that it wasn't just part of her manipulation. 

Does anyone know what Leonard said right before he told Sheldon Amy had a huge impact on him? Was it "you're too close to her." ?? That's what is sounds like. If so, the "too close" could be taken as Leonard implying it was a bad thing.

Does anyone know what Leonard said right before he told Sheldon Amy had a huge impact on him? Was it "you're too close to her." ?? That's what is sounds like. If so, the "too close" could be taken as Leonard implying it was a bad thing.

OMG. I literally can't understand what he said either.

I've watched it a few times, and I think he says, "you're too close to see it, but.." I don't think he meant it as a bad thing, just kind of saying that Sheldon is too close to the situation to look at the big picture and realize just how much being with Amy has impacted him.

I've watched it a few times, and I think he says, "you're too close to see it, but.." I don't think he meant it as a bad thing, just kind of saying that Sheldon is too close to the situation to look at the big picture and realize just how much being with Amy has impacted him.

Yes, he says "You're too close to it", in the sense that he's too involved in it to realize it but it's clearer to those who know him and look at it from the outside.