The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

I enjoyed the episode. Leonard buying Penny a car was sweet. The Raj failing with women thing is old (Kunal has lost weight! Who else noticed?). Sheldon and Howard together was great. I also like that it was clear that Sheldon wasn't oblivious to Amy's comment.

I look forward to what's to come.

• Like 9

Actually, after watching three times in a row, I still laughed out loud at Amy's sexbook joke in this ep.

I love that look of reproach Sheldon gave to Amy, like "Really? You wanna learn how to lie to me?" and Amy just shrunk a little back to her food, like a kid being caught in the act of naughty deeds, that's just very cute and weirdly sweet to me.  

Evidently, after SIK and the almost-break-up happened, Amy has became more confident about their intimacy, and Sheldon became more conscious about sex. I think that's what made this joke feeling more light-hearted than ever. 

Edited by mothandfire
  • Like 7

I enjoyed the episode. Leonard buying Penny a car was sweet. The Raj failing with women thing is old (Kunal has lost weight! Who else noticed?). Sheldon and Howard together was great. I also like that it was clear that Sheldon wasn't oblivious to Amy's comment.

I look forward to what's to come.

I definitely noticed Kunal lost weight!  He posted a pic on twitter of him in a boxing ring.  He said something like "going hard".  Looks like it's working.

Oh no, I hope nobody gets mad that I posted about Kunal in the Shamy spoilers thread.  I don't want to upset anyone :ireful:

• Like 3

So last night after the new ep I was eating a brownie and drinking the rest of my wine. Then my boyfriend came home from work and kissed me. He immediately said that i tasted like brownies. I so had a shamy fangirl moment. I couldn't stop giggling. Of course my boyfriend thought i was going insane.

• Like 6

I almost feel like the sex joke was a set up for the episode being taped Tuesday since it's a 'really lovely' episode, I think a talk will happen between Shamy about their relationship and even Sheldon admitting that he can see coitus being on the table in the not too distant future (not literally. Let's not get excited. ) I would really love something physical happening too but if this talk is a set up for a season finale love declaration, I'm a happy clam.

On which table?

They just have gotten rid of a perfect table to coitus away on... :)

• Like 4

We think the same. I'm at work and didn't even read everything yet and was about to post that, Chiany. Haha.

• Like 1

I don't remember where I was reading the conversation about Ramy, but I'll post it here.

Sheldon's dream about them... ehm... no, no-no-no... If I would see Mayim even holding hands romantically with someone other then Jim in TBBT, I'd close my eyes shut, LOL. The same goes with Jim. 

I'd prefer Sheldon to dream about him and Amy getting closer intimately, then waking up regretting that it was only a dream. And then the whole day (or more) trying to get over this sweet memory.

To the 17th episode: I loved the sex-book joke. Before continue to watch the episode, I rerun this moment of Shamy 20 times, LOL  Amazing chemistry, fantastic acting of the both M & J.

And from now on I wait for Sheldon to say to Amy: "One more minute." Hehe

• Like 1

I found the line {when Amy would like to borrow the book} a bit more acceptable. I do agree with Maria that it is also set-up for the episode coming (7.20). I think it is what leads to some further discussion.

I didn't like how they re-wrote Amy's history (acting as if she was desperate for a date in the past, which we know was not the case at all) and suddenly gave her quilting as a hobby which we haven't witnessed her ever having an interest in. There are no quilts in her apartment and no evidence she is into quilting. It was too random.

2 parts:

1) I agree that Amy's sex line is a set up. The writers are still trying to show that Amy is interested in sex, so that they can discuss it in later episodes.

2) I don't like the 'getting into quilting because I had no dates' line from Amy, but they didn't rewrite her history. She probably was desperate for a date, not romantically, but just to appease her mother and got into quilting as a result of the pressure her mother was putting her under, so the line is a little misleading. Also, I think there is a quilt over Amy's couch (but you are correct that there aren't many elsewhere). To reinforce my point from the beginning, they could have picked something better for Amy to say as the line wasn't very funny and wasn't important to the episode.

I don't think it said she got into quilting because she had no dates... Maybe Sheldon taught her quilting and that would explain the blanket that's not seen in Cooper Extraction

• Like 1

Since I try to do "evidence based viewing" (LOL) the evidence is majorly skewed towards Amy NOT being interested in romance until she met Sheldon (several episodes vs. two lines that contradict that), I'm going to ignore this line and dismiss it as a mistake by the writers. But it is worrying that they seem to have completely forgotten where Amy came from and who she was to start with.

This has nothing to do with Amy imho, they do that to all characters.

As you said, it's a few lines vs many episodes, therefor it doesn't bother me.

I didn't like that line about how she "had almost given up" either.. it left me really confused and yes, a bit insulted, as Koops said.

But there is nothing to do about it rather than just ignore it and accept it was a writing mistake. Or maybe pretend it was a lie Amy just told Raj to cheer him up.. I guess those are the kind of things you say to someone being close to give up. Tell them you've been there too and then a miracle happend. The "Love-is-around-the-corner-lie".

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 6

I don't think the "almost given up" line conflicts with Amy's history of not wanting a boyfriend, I think that it can mean that she had almost given up finding a date to please her mother. It is poorly worded by the writers so that we would think that it conflicts but I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive.

• Like 5

Ok just a question. When Amy said that line that she almost have given up what else did she say that she did just to get some human contact?? Sorry,didn't quite get that. :) :)

Ok just a question. When Amy said that line that she almost have given up what else did she say that she did just to get some human contact?? Sorry,didn't quite get that. :) :)

She said she went to her gynecologist. Which is terrible haha.

Yeah, the exact line was "OB/GYN" which is short for gynecologist.

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 3

Think it was some shortening for gynecologist! I didn't get that at first either xD why do they make it so complicated ?

edi: Maddie you beat me to it! Haha

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. But if you look closely (01.18 minutes in) the latest episode, Sheldon and Amy's shoes are touching

• Like 7

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. But if you look closely (01.18 minutes in) the latest episode, Sheldon and Amy's shoes are touching

You can see it more clearly at 02.02 minutes in.

Good catch. That is soo cute. :p

• Like 1

I know. It's at least second episode they have done that in

Maybe they will start rubbing there shins together soon. I love that he was so disappointed that Amy announced leaving during the beginnings if the Lenny fight.

• Like 9

yea that line was creepy... lol... but I was thinking that it was reference back to the Pulled Groin episode when Amy said he Gynecologist told her "she over stays her welcome"  LOL

• Like 1