The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

I cant get it out of my head that Sheldon and Amy will both financially support one another if the worst comes to the worst. I don't even know if I can put it in words, someone else might be able to!

But I just keep thinking about what a decent thing it is for Sheldon to agree to, yes they are in a relationship and its what couples do but even so... For a show that tries to portray Sheldon as a self centred person on occasion, it really shows that on some level he isn't and he's very much human when it comes to Amy. It shows that he will ALWAYS be there for Amy no matter what, through thick and thin, through the good and the bad times.

I like to think that it was Sheldon's idea seen as he likes to think of every possible scenario... I guess what Im trying to say is that I really do adore how secure they are with one another. In every sense of the word.

Bless the writers for adding that line though, its may be one small line but to fans like us it really does go a long way.

I also liked how she mentioned the RA also addressed career moves with them too. And I agree it does go a long way and shows how committed and strong their relationship is.
  • Like 5

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, I'm so touched. :icon_cry: And I feel so loved. <3

tumblr_n2gsqqGfN01rd2ot9o1_500.png

:girldance::dancing: everyone go spam her inbox

Pearrly! <3 I love you! This made me smile so much. 

Wio, Chloe, Koops and I would like to interrupt our regular Shamy broadcast to celebrate the Sharmy Queen Cait's birthday today!

tumblr_n2gudewCFX1rj8bvzo3_r2_250.giftumblr_n2gudewCFX1rj8bvzo5_250.gif

tumblr_n2gudewCFX1rj8bvzo6_250.giftumblr_n2gudewCFX1rj8bvzo7_250.gif

tumblr_n2gudewCFX1rj8bvzo2_r3_250.giftumblr_n2gudewCFX1rj8bvzo1_250.gif

... :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry: 

My little heart just got an extreme feels attack. Andy. <3 You guys. <3 Everyone. <3 

*regal blubbering* 

:icon_cry:

Hard to perfect perfection, but My Queen deserves the best so here it is!

tumblr_n2guuctGGA1rffyeho1_500.png

You're so sweet Star, seriously. Thank you. <3 Both for this and your Tumblr reblogging and comment. 

MrBean-107182459372.jpeg

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Mr. Bean, wearing a crown. <3 My heart. Thanks Chiany. 

• Like 8

I also love it because it shows how different the Relationship Agreement and the Roommate Agreement are. The RelAg sounds a lot more like a living document that helps them navigate their relationship on an equal level, to agree and disagree with how things progress, to be sure they know where they stand on all sorts of issues and where each is allowed to express their opinion and they work to compromise for each other. They can both use it to their advantage, as it's been shown again and again on the show. 

I really love how you've said that and its also made me realise exactly how far Sheldon has come. For example when Amy wanted him to go to her Aunt Floras birthday party in season 5, it was said at the time that the relationship agreement was used for Sheldon to get his way. You could even fast forward to season 6 when Amy was ill and Sheldon commented that the 'ouchies and booboos' clause was used so that Amy had to look after him and not vice versa. Now we are in season 7 and you can really see how far Sheldon has actually come and how much better he is at compromising with Amy (he always has done on some level but theres something nice about it been in writing I think) if you look at this seasons valentines episode, the first opening scene was them discussing pet names and Valentines day, something he's not really all that crazy about. But here he is now, discussing these things with Amy and acting on them, because it is Amy and for her he is more then willing to compromise and find the best way to navigate through there relationship on a level that is comfortable for both of them. Because Amy is his equal.

Im not saying he wont again use the relationship agreement to get his own way again, hell Amy will do it too! But its nice for the writers to show that they are willing to show the compromise more, dare I utter the later half of season 6 with Sheldon's snarky comments about Amy and there relationship *Shudders*.

This season really has been amazing for showing the subtle yet profound changes in Sheldon and there relationship.

• Like 6

tumblr_inline_n2gnka3rjI1s8hly4.jpg

Wow this is a really awesome drawing. The only difference from how it is in the episode is that Amy and Sheldon are side-by-side instead of back to back and Amy is leaning on Sheldon's shoulder/body from the side. But wow this is just so awesome!

• Like 6

Will they release photographs for the upcoming episode, or will they also be released closer to the airing date?

I'm guessing we'll get promo pictures on Friday. LM and TP promo pics both came out 13 days before the episode aired, so that's why I'm saying that.

• Like 5

Yes, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I do think Sheldon can and will use it to his advantage sometimes. But so can Amy.

I always wondered about some things that were cited from the RA from very early on that did not sound at all like something Sheldon would come up with on his own, such as Date Nights, Singalongs, Anniversary dinners etc. And I always wondered if that was stuff Sheldon put in the RA for Amy, stuff that Amy asked to add to the RA or stuff that Sheldon came up with pretending it is for Amy when he actually wants to do them himself. I think between the V-day episode and this episode, as well as the next one when we find out they kiss on Date Nights, it seems clear to me now that it has always been a living document that they BOTH have a say on. And that everything we hear about is stuff they figure out and agree to together.

That doesn't mean Sheldon doesn't sometimes try to use it to get his way, or that Amy doesn't use it to try and get him to do more typical "romantic" stuff he might not otherwise be so keen on. But the bottom line, and the most important line, imo, is that it all sound very equal. Back in Weekend Vortex, I remember Amy pointed out that the RA isn't for him to get his way, which means that even though it can be used that way, it was a joint effort from the get go, not something that Amy just agreed on to shut Sheldon up, like Leonard does with the Roommate Agreement. And I love that. :)

I guess I didn't look at it that way actually! And yes you're completely right, the relationship agreement really does shout to everybody how equal they truly are. Maybe I should of said he goes along with it a lot better now? That there appears to be a lot less grumblings coming from Sheldon these days? Either way, I like the Sheldon and Amy we are getting right now. More then like, I LOVE IT!

I do kind of love it that Sheldon and Amy really are as bad as each other in some respects, for example the whole manipulation thing. At one point it used to really gripe me that they would manipulate one another, but looking at it now... All it serves to do is show how similar they truly are. And that cant be a bad thing can it? I mean if it works for them... Well so be it  :dancer: 

Im just glad I have somewhere to come and talk about this stuff to, I don't know any Shamy shippers!  :swoon:

• Like 4

Can u imagine shamy kissing like this?

IMO, Majim's train kiss is way sexier and classier than this. Sometimes less is more. ;) 

• Like 7

Very interesting and nice article about why tbbt is the biggest show on tv:

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s217/the-big-bang-theory/feature/a557647/the-big-bang-theory-7-reasons-its-the-biggest-show-on-tv.html

Shamy is listed as one of the reasons :

" Plus, there is also the downright strange relationship between Amy and Sheldon. Amy has managed to slowly change Sheldon's personality to the point where he doesn't function properly without her. However, their relationship isn't what you would consider normal, and so the will-they-won't-they story for them is whether they will eventually kiss or even engage in coitus or not, as Sheldon may describe it."

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 7

I would go out with you and share the Shamy.

Why are you sad cecilia :( you should go a party and have fun ! Think about lovely shamy moments at the party and of course think about SIK 2.0 !! :)

Thank you for responding guys!! I am fine now. I actually don't know why I was sad I just was. :p And I am so NOT a party person. But it wasn't bad :)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could hang out for real and talk about the Shamy ALL the time notch?? As Karen said somewhere (maybe the positivity thread I don't remember) it would be cool if sometime I could meet any of you.

mayim-bialik-smile-gif.gif

• Like 5

I just want to clarify something...

Sheldon does this sexy smile while kissing Amy after date night right? Is that meant to happen?

• Like 3

I want to have a complete copy of the Relationship Agreement! Do you think it is the same SHAMY signed in Season 5 ep 10, or they have made amendments????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAIT!!!!!!!

Edited by Susana Alcira Cairó
  • Like 1

Happy Birthday Soul Mate! I would make you a fancy GIF or something but I don't have access to a computer at the moment, so....

I've made you my emergency contact at work! Isn't that great?!

But really, you crack me up and I hope you have a wonderful day full of carbs, fun, and all the things that make you happy...including our beloved Shamy. :-D

• Like 1

Happy birthday cait !! I hope new year bring you happiness and love and of course shamy moments :)

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

• Like 1

I was not happy with that line but it didn't bother me as much as some-other-line-that-shall-not-be-mentioned from another episode. I just think that the writers went WAY WAY over the top with snark in the last part of the season, it was getting to be too much. But we're now past that so I just want to try and move on and forget about that.

Shoot, you obviously don't want to think about it, but I'm so curious to know which line you're talking about!

• Like 1

I so need an app for this thread.  I must also be missing something because I can't figure out what SIK stands for and where I might find a link.

Thank you for allowing me to indulge in my Shamy love.  :-D

I so need an app for this thread.  I must also be missing something because I can't figure out what SIK stands for and where I might find a link.

Thank you for allowing me to indulge in my Shamy love.  :-D

SIK = Sheldon Initiated Kiss :)

• Like 1