The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

I think physical relationship does mean sex to him.

I'm hoping that since he's seen his mom engage in coitus outside of marriage maybe he'll bring it up to Amy sooner rather than later.  I'd think he'd discuss what happened in Texas with her so he can get her perspective so hopefully that will start the conversation about a more physical relationship.

Yeah, when Penny asked Sheldon if they would ever "get physical" she was talking about sex, so maybe that stuck in his mind or something. :p

• Like 1

Yeah, when Penny asked Sheldon if they would ever "get physical" she was talking about sex, so maybe that stuck in his mind or something. :p

That does make sense, but in "Workplace Proximity" this season, he described their relationship as "physical" because of the handholding and hugging. Oversight on the writers' part as far as what specific words Sheldon would use?

• Like 1

Just thinking of the Summer Hiatus upsets me :(

• Like 2

Well there is comic con to look forward to in July!

We can look forward to seeing pictures and videos from that, presuming the cast are their this time

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

I just looked and didn't see it around that time. Is there a way to search for it?

No, you just need to go back to the 24th in the spoilerfree thread and there it is. Anyway, I'm quoting both of her posts for you. They're truly amazing. But you might need to go to the originals to grasp the context by reading what others have written at that time.

Interesting conversation above. I think that there are various things to consider. Sheldon I think felt a connection with Amy immediately, thus his offer to buy her a beverage at the cafe. He then wanted to keep in touch with her and clearly enjoyed hearing from her and texting regularly. After going on the first date, it is clear that he found her enjoyable enough to want to proceed with his plan (only Penny became the voice of reason at the time). However, he clearly had a need for her and that came out in Zazzles. Her presence had become very important to him, far more than he realized or wanted to admit. He needed her in his life. She, however, as others pointed out probably could have gone on and been fine.

Next we have her making friends with other women, something she aspired to having her entire life. She was enjoying the bonding moments and learning from them. They watched "romantic movies" together, had makeover sessions, talked fashion, boys, etc. It was somewhere in here that Amy began to realize that it was normal to have a crush on a guy. So her crush began to develop. Sheldon in the meantime was fighting his own feelings. He started to realize how important she was to him and fought it by constant "she is not my girlfriend" line when his heart was telling him different. Yet once he realized that she wanted to put on a ruse for her mother he over played it to where the mother must have thought him a pervert. LOL! But Amy seemed comfortable an satisfied.

Next they experiment on their friends and Sheldon can't help but admit to her that she is a vixen which touches her and she realizes that he is pretty cute and doesn't mind flirting with him. They enjoy the experiment. However, Amy's feelings still are more aloof. While she clearly enjoys being around Sheldon, she enjoys her new-found social circle and hanging with her girlfriends probably even more. Sheldon is the one that seems a bit ahead here.

Sheldon's "She's Not for You" comes out from jealousy, but also it is clear his feelings are deeper for her than he is willing to admit to himself. Amy in the meantime is starting to crush on him. I don't think she is in love with him yet. But she is realizing that he is fun and handsome and well boyfriend material. By Isolation Permutation her crush feelings come out in the kiss when under the influence of alcohol. However she immediately is embarrassed the next day and didn't really want him knowing she was having romantic feelings for him, so recovers with the "reboot". Sheldon finally can't contain himself and goes bonkers knowing that Stuart and Amy were on a couple of dates. He has to interrupt one and finally claim his "territory" by asking her to be his girlfriend. He clearly had been thinking about it for a while in order to have a detailed and complete Relationship Agreement ready for her to sign by the end of her date. So somewhere he had thought about things like handholding, forms of physical contact, responsibilities to each other, boo boos and ouchies, etc. He had clearly thought about a lot of things to have that ready and prepared, meaning with or without Stuart he was planning on asking her to be his girlfriend at some point. Stuart just was the catalyst to move him forward.

He wants to show her how much she means to him after he blows it and doesn't realize that he made a major faux pas by not acknowledging her accomplishment at work. So he buys her a tiara, because she is his princess to him. Amy, is now swooning. She realizes she likes having a boyfriend and she likes the idea that she is no longer alone. Her crush is getting more a full-on crush. At this point, I believe Amy was more in love with the romantic notion of having a boyfriend and with "romance" in general than she was really in love. So from here up until 6.14 episode (V-day) where she cancels all plans because of Sheldon's discomfort...she is selfless it was somewhere between that she was truly falling in love with him. She fell for him and became selfless as we saw all the rest of S6 and so far in S7.

Sheldon in the meantime has been falling harder and harder all along. I think he too was very affected by Amy's selflessness on that Valentine's Day. I think he really realized how truly remarkable she was. But I am sure the rest of S6 was all about the struggle of him realizing that his feelings were deepening, especially after L/P's questions to him about whether he and Amy would ever be physical. I think he has been wanting to express his feelings to her, but he also hates that dependency. He really has been having a lot of internal battles going on and not just because of his germ phobia. He is struggling with a lot of preconceived ideas he has had about himself, about love and romance, about marriage, about all kinds of things. He now starts thinking about his own parents marriage a lot. We saw him even thinking about his grandparents more. Suddenly he is facing everything he knows about love, romance and marriage, even family.

So I think Sheldon has been in love with Amy since at least last V-day, but he has been having a lot of internal battles. I think that he is going to start to realize that he can have all that goes with it and be fine. He will take a step soon and it will be significant because it will resynchronize the couple yet again.

I think deep down inside, Sheldon felt that Amy would not go through with it. He knew her well by then. He wanted her happy and knew he was not prepared for such matters himself, even though he cared deeply for her. Obviously he was most connected intellectually to her, but he had by then developed feelings for her. I think it may have been a bit of a "test" too. Was she another "Penny" or would she really save herself for the man she loves. I know this is all presumption, but Sheldon had really gotten to know Amy pretty well by then. I think he honestly knew she wouldn't go through with it. He knew she needed to be with a man that could stimulate her mind just as much as her body. He knew that Zach was definitely not that man.

A couple of things stick out in that episode.

1) Notice how sad he looks as she walks over to Zach. He is hoping he is right. He is banking that she won't stay.

2) He doesn't leave immediately. He stays there and watches. He knows that if he stays, she will turn around and join him and both will leave together. Any other man would have walked her to the bar, made sure that the guy was there and she met up and turned and left. But not Sheldon. He stayed. Why? Because he knew she would leave with him and not Zach.

3) He gives Zach the "long live and prosper" hand-sign before leaving. It almost was as if a victory sign. It was saying "She's mine, you lost" sort of feel. I really felt it was a sign of "closure" on the matter. She was his and belonged to no one else.

4) When they were walking back and she slipped her hand in his, it took him a couple of moments to realize she was holding his hand. He was so happy she returned with him that he didn't notice the "physical contact" she made with him and then he let her still hold the hand a bit longer. This was huge for Sheldon because his germ phobia was at an all time high at this point in the show. He still was very aware of germs all the time.

I loved this show a lot because it really was a turning point for Sheldon (even more than Amy). He realized he could eventually, one day, get there. I think this is really the point he began "working on it". While he may not have shown many signs at this stage, this was a very big first step in that direction.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 6

I really do hope they do Comic Con this year  :dancer: 

Has anyone heard anything about Paleyfest this year as well? 

I dont think Im over last years yet...

• Like 2

I really do hope they do Comic Con this year :dancer:

Just imagine the questions to Jim and Mayim...

• Like 4

Welcome cat-snidget!   :bye: 

I really do hope they do Comic Con this year  :dancer: 

The Big Bang Theory will not be at Paley Fest this year.   They announced that earlier this year.  Still waiting to hear which shows and panels will be at Comic Con.  I keep checking but so far nothing has been announced on that front yet.

• Like 1

Welcome, Cat.

It's too bad they aren't doing Paley Fest. That's a great way for those who aren't into the Comic Con scene to see them in the same setting.

• Like 3

I watched Comic-Con 2011 & 2012 , and I don't really like most of the questions from the audience.

They tended to ask the same questions every year such as "Do you have anything in common with your characters?", "Does Sheldon have some sorts of psychological disorders?", "Do you understand any sciences?" and so on.

I think Paleyfest's questions were better, especially "Are the Shamy going to consummate the relationship eventually?" and Jim said "We can't wait to rehearse."

I usually skip over the Q&A... it's just embarrassing to watch, with all those repeated questions.

I really don't understand why they don't check with the people what kind of question they're gonna ask before handing them the microphone and let them speak to the panel.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 2

I like both panels.  I like it when they do cast panels, especially when MaJim are on the panel next to each other.  They are always great. Those are the best panels of all. :girldance: :girldance: :girldance:

• Like 3

Welcome, Cat.

It's too bad they aren't doing Paley Fest. That's a great way for those who aren't into the Comic Con scene to see them in the same setting.

Paley Fest looked kind of chaotic this year.  The crowds looked very big but one looked like a mosh pit -- I think it was for a Lost reunion.

I do hope we have the gang back at CC this year too but they all have such busy schedules now.

Edited by dessertisserved
  • Like 1

That's one of the best Shamy videos out there.  I also love the one with Hey Soul Sister.

Thanks phantagrae for turning me onto the soundtrack thread.  "​i don't want to miss a thing you do… tonight"

• Like 2

I really hope they do comic con this year!

I'm currently watching all the Shamy season 5 episodes, I actually squealed a bit when he asked Amy to be his girlfriend, I've watched it so many times too.

It's that tiny little exhale of air from nerves that he makes when he sits down next to her in the cinema, you can tell he's so nervous but acting cool and nonchalant on the surface. The only time he breaks is when she moves back towards Stuart. Sorry to cover old ground, but it was just. So. Well. Played.

Ahhh I gotta rewatch it now. I love tiny little things like this.

• Like 4

I really hope they do comic con this year!

I'm currently watching all the Shamy season 5 episodes, I actually squealed a bit when he asked Amy to be his girlfriend, I've watched it so many times too.

It's that tiny little exhale of air from nerves that he makes when he sits down next to her in the cinema, you can tell he's so nervous but acting cool and nonchalant on the surface. The only time he breaks is when she moves back towards Stuart. Sorry to cover old ground, but it was just. So. Well. Played.

When I was watching season 4 earlier, I think I noticed Sheldon's eyes flick down to Amy's chest for the first time when she invited Penny to the conference in Big Sur, just after she asked Penny not to touch her breasts (!) Little hint there already that he thought of Amy as more than a friend? Edited by Bella Duveen
  • Like 2

When I was watching season 4 earlier, I think I noticed Sheldon's eyes flick down to Amy's chest for the first time when she invited Penny to the conference in Big Sur, just after she asked Penny not to touch her breasts (!) Little hint there already that he thought of Amy as more than a friend?

I noticed that too. :p I think Sheldon started having feels for Amy in Alien Parasite because he seemed to be jealous of the prospect of Amy having sex with another man. Very subtle, but there's no denying it.

• Like 9

When I was watching season 4 earlier, I think I noticed Sheldon's eyes flick down to Amy's chest for the first time when she invited Penny to the conference in Big Sur, just after she asked Penny not to touch her breasts (!) Little hint there already that he thought of Amy as more than a friend?

Yes there's a clear reaction from him when Amy says "Don't touch my breasts". But I'm not sure if he reacts because she says 'Breasts' or if its because he notice that she, like him, don't like human contact in that way. Edited by Jaime