The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I really don't want to get too attached to the freakout scenario, but the more I think about it, the more it makes so much sense that this is the way to go. I should make a "10 reasons why the Amy freakout scenario is the best scenario" list. LOL! 

I was thinking... From the point of view of them eventually consummating their relationship, two things need to happen with Sheldon: he needs to learn to let go of control, to an extent, and he needs to learn to be empathic and selfless towards her. Otherwise their first time will be an utter disaster. Think of control-freak Sheldon dictating everything and not giving a ounce of thought to her needs and feelings. Recipe for disaster. 

Obviously, this is not going to happen overnight. It's going to take time. Now, Sheldon is already learning to be more relaxed and let go of control while around her, as shown by this whole kissing business and all the casual touching going on. However, I don't think he's done a lot of work on the latter, yet. Amy panicking and showing that she's vulnerable and just not as ready as previously assumed would be a massive lesson for Sheldon. He would be forced to be the mature one who needs to be there for her, instead of the child who needs to be mothered all the time through his various tantrums. It's enough material to fill up another season to delay sex for them but in a new way: one that's more balanced, fresh, interesting, has a lot of comedy potential, a lot of drama potential, not to mention it would also reestablish Amy as closer to a Sheldon-like character than she's been recently and wipe the slate on the sex-starved image they've given her.

It's a win-win situation. 

Um...YES PLEASE!!

Not sure if someone answered already, but here's the link to the interview:

My favorite part is when he says, "Here's hoping!"  :girlsmile:

This is my favorite interview, Jim is so cute in it!

In my headcanon, I don't know that he would get extremely angry, but he would most definitely be confused to no end and I would probably expect him to be hurt and at the same time be totally in denial about the fact that he's hurt and pretend he doesn't care and be cold and detached about it, that he was just doing it for her sake but if she doesn't want to move forward then it's all fine with him. When, deep down, he's a confused mess.

I also have to say that by "freakout" I don't mean Amy would break up with him or anything that extreme. More like she pushes him away (physically) when he maybe gets too carried away by a kiss or, for comedic purposes, even ends up whacking him out of reflex. I think Sheldon would be so thrown for a loop when he comes to realize that the tables have turned. It would be a great learning experience for him because he would end up in her shoes, essentially, and he would look at things from the perspective she's been in for years. I think it would take a while for him to confess to her that he's been hurt and confused by her behavior, but I think, when he does, it would be a great bonding experience for them as a couple.

Not to mention, it could lead to some sweet Penny/Amy, Leonard/Sheldon, Penny/Sheldon moments on the way, because the besties are going to be involved in some way for support.

To be honest though, things have been so good atm that I could even be happy with no major happenings in the finale, so long as we wrap up with Shamy in the honeymoon phase they seem to be in, maybe just with another bit of sugar for good measure and final confirmation to send us off for the summer. :)

See now when you explain it like that, then yes I get on board with the Amy freak out.  I'd rather see this version of the scenario play out rather  than him get really angry with her and actually be mean to her or something.   Not to mention that a sexually frustrated Sheldon would make for a ton of comedic opportunities ;)

Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 3

I meant to put this post in the Shamy spoiler thread, not the S7 spoiler thread.  I've really enjoyed reading this thread, and like the Shamy-centric perspective.  

After reading the taping reports and seeing the promo, I'm struggling to find the sexual tension re: the butter as well. Seems to me that Amy is a little frustrated with Sheldon being egocentric and demanding her full attention while he isn't giving her any at all. All's well with the kiss so just a passing irritation perhaps? But yes if anyone could explain the butter that would be great.I agree with the interpretations of Amy's shyness / inexperience, and like the idea that Sheldon is taking the lead and pushing the boundary (hoo indeed!). And yes, he really does seem to genuinely enjoy kissing Amy. I could see them taking until mid S8 before they get to French kissing and the quickening desire and passion that always seems to accompany that kind of kiss. Hard to see Sheldon, let alone Amy as discussed above, getting anymore physical without a more consuming desire and a sideline plot of becoming preoccupied by wanting more.

I responded in the spoiler thread about the butter.

I don't think the tension in the butter moment is sexual. I think that someone misunderstood about how they "stare each other down" at the end of that scene.

I think Sheldon is shocked and a little wary of her at the end because of her outburst.

• Like 1

I caved. I can't stop watching the gif. In my opinion, SIK 1.0 is still the best so far, until we watch the whole of SIK 2.0, which will become my new favorite. Yes, I like that Sheldon's wearing his normal clothes, but the kiss is so short. April 3rd can't get here sooner.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I caved. I can't stop watching the gif. In my opinion, SIK 1.0 is still the best so far, until we watch the whole of SIK 2.0, which will become my new favorite. Yes, I like that Sheldon's wearing his normal clothes, but the kiss is so short. April 3rd can't get here sooner.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Only short in the promo, but hear that it may be longer during airing.

• Like 2

Well, according to the report Sheldon has two lines and Amy has one during the kiss. It should take them about 5 seconds to get those lines out, so I'm guessing the kiss will last atleast 8 seconds.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 3

I don't think the tension in the butter moment is sexual. I think that someone misunderstood about how they "stare each other down" at the end of that scene.

I think Sheldon is shocked and a little wary of her at the end because of her outburst.

Could be some of both...the shock as well as sexual tension. I think they are playing it with sexual tension on purpose, but definitely shock clearly comes into play as well.  It is a Chuck Lorre production after all and Chuck loves to do the sexual innuendo.   So I am sure they were asked to put in sexual tension.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

I did not interpret the butter scene as having sexual tension at all and that's not the reason I love it. I love it because of how amazing Jim and Mayim are in acting the scene. I could be wrong, but I think if you are expecting the scene to have sexual tension then you might be sadly disappointed.

Don't let that upset you because it really is amazing, not every Shamy scene needs to have sexual tension. :)

• Like 7

Thank you very much, frankie :girlsmile: !!

We haven't seen it yet.

We just keep picturing how it could be having what we have (I mean the report).

And even when we will see the whole scene, we can desagree with one another. 

The one thing me is pretty confident -- this scene (like all Majims) is grandiose.

• Like 2

lmao! "why not? why can't they do it?" all: "jim!!" haha

I like when he says, "I have desires."

"Oh wait, this is not me we're talking about." hehehe

• Like 7

I really don't want to get too attached to the freakout scenario, but the more I think about it, the more it makes so much sense that this is the way to go. I should make a "10 reasons why the Amy freakout scenario is the best scenario" list. LOL!

I was thinking... From the point of view of them eventually consummating their relationship, two things need to happen with Sheldon: he needs to learn to let go of control, to an extent, and he needs to learn to be empathic and selfless towards her. Otherwise their first time will be an utter disaster. Think of control-freak Sheldon dictating everything and not giving a ounce of thought to her needs and feelings. Recipe for disaster.

Obviously, this is not going to happen overnight. It's going to take time. Now, Sheldon is already learning to be more relaxed and let go of control while around her, as shown by this whole kissing business and all the casual touching going on. However, I don't think he's done a lot of work on the latter, yet. Amy panicking and showing that she's vulnerable and just not as ready as previously assumed would be a massive lesson for Sheldon. He would be forced to be the mature one who needs to be there for her, instead of the child who needs to be mothered all the time through his various tantrums. It's enough material to fill up another season to delay sex for them but in a new way: one that's more balanced, fresh, interesting, has a lot of comedy potential, a lot of drama potential, not to mention it would also reestablish Amy as closer to a Sheldon-like character than she's been recently and wipe the slate on the sex-starved image they've given her.

It's a win-win situation.

I'm in love with every single thing about this post.

I'm thinking more and more that this may happen, and though I do think it makes sense, will be funny etc... There's this part of me that's hesitating on it and just muttering "Don't you dare hurt my babies".  That's my only worry in that scenario, that one of them ends up hurt, cause that would just suck to have all this emotional progress only to turn around and hurt one or both of them so soon.  That being said, it would be fun and refreshing to watch him chase her for a while :)

I'm happy whatever way they take it. As for Amy holding back (haven't read much of this thread so sorry if I'm repeating) but she's a canny lass and it wouldn't surprise me to find she's taking a leaf out of Mary Cooper's book. A surefire way to get anyone to do what you want is to make them think it was their idea in the first place is it not? Coupled with Mary's advice "Shhh! You'll spook him. He's like a baby deer, you gotta let him come to you."

Could be some of both...the shock as well as sexual tension. I think they are playing it with sexual tension on purpose, but definitely shock clearly comes into play as well.  It is a Chuck Lorre production after all and Chuck loves to do the sexual innuendo.   So I am sure they were asked to put in sexual tension.

Butter has connotations if your mind is that way inclined (like mine).

Cough, last, cough, tango, cough, in Paris, cough, cough.

• Like 2