The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

THIS

So totally this. All of it... Its brilliant (both koops interpretation and long term planning on the part of the writers regardless of which direction they take it noe i.e. backing off or her responding after an emotional breakthrough)

Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 2

I think Amy not really fully kissing him back is genius for several reasons. First of all, it shows how much SHELDON is into it (that was one hell of a sexy move and kiss there, with the hip grabbing, smooching and all). Second, it shows how Amy is really not all that experienced or as sex starved as people thing. And, third, regardless of whether this is a set up for a cold-feet scenario, it gets TPTB to milk the kissing as much as possible because we keep having new things to look forward too. First we got the kiss out of anger, now we get a mutual, happy, loving kiss, next we are going to wait for Amy to touch him back or whatever, next we are going to wait for a non-prompted, romantic kiss, and so on. I think this is really exploiting their chemistry at its fullest, I'm very happy with how they're handling it. With any other couple, every kiss after the first one is kind of a given and nothing special. Not with Shamy.

Another great post Koops. I completely agree.

• Like 1

Oh and Mayim's fingers are not crossed.  In a larger version of that photo you can see she is sticking her forefinger forward and it appears crossed because her fingers behind are curling under.

tumblr_n3hiiaqT4v1rrafppo4_250.gif

Amy looks mesmerized after Sheldon breaks the kiss.  Like she is still shocked that he is kissing her now.

• Like 1

The kiss was indeed lovely. Please keep 'em coming, writers. ;) I have a feeling the Shamy kisses are going to get more and more creative.

I just have to admit, though, that I was disappointed they cut out him waving to her at the end... And whatever line Amy muttered to herself after he left.

Oh, also, for some inexplicable reason, I found the quarter thing with Amy flipping it in the air and Sheldon catching it to be so cute lol.

Edited by Angelic Guardian
  • Like 7

Oh and Mayim's fingers are not crossed.  In a larger version of that photo you can see she is sticking her forefinger forward and it appears crossed because her fingers behind are curling under.

Ok good deal. :)

She does look quite stunned afterwards!

I wonder sometimes if she doesn't respond simply because she is letting Sheldon just kind of take the lead and get used to it himself. So as to not freak him out with too much movement from her. This has maybe been said before too. My brain has a hard time keeping track of everything!

I also agree with the idea that she talks big but obviously is still inexperienced. I would be cool with a freak out from Amy where she backs off a bit because she isn't as ready as she acts like she is! (Which has been said many times! :))

Edited by tyleranne
  • Like 7