The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I don´t think she is SOOO SHY! Remember last season ep 9 and 10! She had no problem in raising her skirt and showing him her bikini wax, and she was very happy when he helped her to take a bath (naked???) I repeat again: SHE IS GREAT! (I love SHAMY a lot!)

• Like 1

I think we have a lot of evidence that Amy isn't acting like she is because she is playing some clever tricks so he can feel in the lead but that it's just inexperience. Mayim herself said that about the D&D ep last year, that they played her in such a way that it made it clear that although she can be very blunt and pushy she gets stumped and shy when confronted with real intimacy. And it makes perfect sense knowing this is her first ever boyfriend. I just don't think Amy has the knowledge nor experience to do anything more than sprout sex jokes and big words. In a way, she is a lot like a teenage boy, all sex jokes and no substance.

I'm sure with time she will get the hang of things and start loosening up. And it will be fun to watch that happen. ;)

I don't know if I'd call it a clever trick. I was just thinking maybe since she knows Sheldon is a little skittish that she might not wanna freak him out since he's already going far enough to kiss her... she definitely doesn't want it to stop! I mean she has kissed HIM before on her own... but it is different now that it's initiated by Sheldon. So she is a little nervous for sure. :) I'm excited to see her loosen up! I'm glad there are going to be many steps to Shamy kisses. Every single one will be special! (They would have been anyhow, of course!)

I don´t think she is SOOO SHY! Remember last season ep 9 and 10! She had no problem in raising her skirt and showing him her bikini wax, and she was very happy when he helped her to take a bath (naked???) I repeat again: SHE IS GREAT! (I love SHAMY a lot!)

Haha I watched that episode yesterday... so funny. "I think you're high on paint fumes!"

Edited by tyleranne
  • Like 4

Sheldon obviously appears to be enjoying being in charge so far (and all this kissing business ;) ), so I don't think touching him would scare him off at this stage, especially given how much they are touching anyway at the moment. She didn't have a problem leaning onto him later for example. So if she's not touching him while kissing I think it's more a short-circuit thing/lack of experience (she literally doesn't know how to do it yet) , than something intentional so he doesn't get scared off.

Good Point!

Good Point!

Sheldon obviously appears to be enjoying being in charge so far (and all this kissing business ;) ), so I don't think touching him would scare him off at this stage, especially given how much they are touching anyway at the moment. She didn't have a problem leaning onto him later for example. So if she's not touching him while kissing I think it's more a short-circuit thing/lack of experience (she literally doesn't know how to do it yet) , than something intentional so he doesn't get scared off.

But when someone is as sensitive to touch as Sheldon is, you're extra cautious when they're upset because sometimes it will make things worse and sometimes it will make things better.  It depends on what upsets them and whether they're crying because their angry, frustrated, sad, happy, etc.

I think the last time he cried and she comforted him was during Cooper-Kripke Extraction.  She asked him if she could offer him a hug and he did the "whatever" shrug thing so she knew it was welcome.

• Like 2

I thought I could handle myself during the kiss because I had watched the promo so many times, but no.

My brain shut down and I didn't hear anything Raj was saying after that scene.

I'm a little disappointed that they cut Sheldon's wave and smile at the door, but the kiss was good enough so I'm OK. 

• Like 3

This is why I think there will be a conversation soon! After dead proton and the physcic Sheldon will open up to Amy and she will admit that she's scared, because that's the only explanation I can find for her lack of kissing when her boyfriend is going out of his comfort zone

I *need* this to happen

What do you wanna bet that it'll be Sheldon who first attempts a little tongue, and that Amy will freak, for sure?

and I *need* this to happen too. the tongue part. not necessarily the freaking out part

• Like 3

What do you wanna bet that it'll be Sheldon who first attempts a little tongue, and that Amy will freak, for sure?

I'd really like a make out where Sheldon initiates it and Amy freaks out or gets a little stunned.

It would have been fun if during the kiss Sheldon had started talking about his decision problems, there's a short break when we see Sheldon deepening the kiss and then Amy responds with something like "I don't know Sheldon but the answer is not in my mouth!"

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 9

but why has she crossed her fingers? is it amy or mayim?

I don't think they're crossed. Her forefinger is just pointed and her others are curled a little. Not sure if Mayim is doing that purposely as a thing Amy does or if it's just something she unconsciously does.

The lack of kissing kind of reminds of a scene from friends

I'm presuming most people watched friends

When Chandler was talking to Monica and Rachel about his first time with Kathy and the lack of agreement

At the moment it seems that Sheldon has overtaken Amy in the progress for intimacy that she apparently wants, I hope there is something happening in the last two episodes of the season to clarify or improve that

• Like 4

It almost looks like Sheldon is trying to take Amy's hand when she is helping him up at best buy...

I saw him touch her arm! 

Don't know why I'm still excited about this.

• Like 8