The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

So love reading all of your posts.  They are so eloquent.

Who, besides myself, thinks we are going to have a REAL cliffhanger this year- not someone going away- a real (almost) stop in mid sentence cliff hanger.

I'm hoping for ILY but not so sure now...

It will be a long summer

• Like 4

Something declaration like from Sheldon to Amy, they have been building up to it so something has to happen surely!?

I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't happen...It's the right moment they have been closer than ever,Sheldon is going through a crisis and he has to re-evaluate his life!

I'm going to try to remain unspoiled for the last two episodes,I hope I don't burst from the anticipation :p

• Like 1

I personally am not liking all the Penny/Sheldon interaction in the episode last night and the one coming up so think I will just

boukn.gif

I wish they had him focusing more on talking to and listening to Amy.  I am really tired of Penny/Sheldon interaction.  They bore me and annoy me.

• Like 6

One thing I think is important to remember is that Amy admires many of the traits that Sheldon admires in himself--intelligence, superiority, etc.

She not only thinks he's brilliant, but she thinks he is indeed smarter than everyone else--at least everyone in the gang--and she thinks he's physically attractive, too.  She finds his "rage-induding" quirks "cute as a button", etc.

I do agree that Penny is indeed in the best position to offer him objective non-scientific advice about how to deal with his crisis.  Because she is way outside the field, she's not trying to find another field of study, but simply offering advice on how to decompress and find his new field another way.

I think Meg hit the nail on the head about how her suggestion about him just relaxing and letting it come to him was exactly what he needed, but also not a suggestion that Leonard or Amy would have come up with, because they're too close to the subject themselves.  Penny can't suggest a scientific field, but if there's anything she knows how to do it's how to relax. :p

I don't think that Penny helping Sheldon is any kind of threat or undermining to the Shamy, and because Amy is too close to the subject, it makes more sense for Penny to help.

Although Amy might get frustrated with certain aspects of Sheldon's behavior, she really is the "best girlfriend he's ever going to have".  She believes in his brilliance, unlike the others, who, although they know Sheldon is a genius, also know that he can be quite an idiot.  I think Amy knows that Sheldon can seriously overthink things, she doesn't have that negative attitude toward him that the guys often take.

She certainly believed that Sheldon had the best chance of getting tenure, over the other guys, and she defended his theoretical work over Howard's actual trip to space, and although she has perhaps softened toward him somewhat, she had also adopted Sheldon's superior attitude toward Leonard.

She also thinks he's hot--fluff up his hair and suddenly he's sex on a stick and other girls are going to be hitting on him.  LOL!

Since Penny is friends with Sheldon, but is more able to be objective and stands completely outside the scientific circle, her advice has to do with his life in general, while the others can eventually offer him advice within the realm of science.

• Like 6

Thank You Meg for your brilliant analysis! I loved your posts and I couldn't agree more since I agree 100% already with every word. Please visit here more often to share your insights with us! :) I will share my fangirling-post as well, but I'm too emotional to think this episode now logically or in a rational way, so, fangirling ahead. :girlsigh:

I loved the episode very much, Meg and Koops pointed it out the most significant things which I liked in the episode. I loved that mutual look Shamy shared together when Amy came to 4A and saw Sheldon's new hair style.  I loved that Amy thought he was looking too hot. "Sex on a stick", and Sheldon didn't protest that wording even a one bit! I loved all scenes Sheldon and Amy had together and how she tried to help him every way she could there. Especially I loved the scene where she helped him going to his room.  Sheldon was now leaning himself against her, likewise she was leaning against him in the previous episode, I love that they like to lean against each other now and I wish they could do it more often. I wonder if she helped him to undress and change his clothes to his pyjamas as well. He woke up apparently naked or half dressed anyway so he must have undressed himself at some point after she left, unless Amy left him without upper part of his pyjamas, which I doubt she did. I wonder if it was Amy's first time that she saw him without any kind of shirt at all. She has seen him at least without his pants, but we don't know how much she got to see now. ;) What a fantastic girlfriend Sheldon has, and I believe he will grow and recognize her value even more as time passes and things mature. She has shown forbearing love towards him for a long time, and it has to bear fruit at some point.

I like to think they had kissed for goodnight since Sheldon mentioned the kissing while drunk-calling to Hawking, and that is also very sweet. I would love to hear about it later if he had asked her to stay overnight, but she had refused because of his drunken state. With this I don't mean anything over-dramatic would have happened in his room however. The way Sheldon was looking at the other side of the bed immeadiately after waking up made me wonder of that possibility anyway. He was shocked to see the geology book there (instead of what?), but what would have been a more pleasant view there? Amy? Was he expecting to see Amy there? He was immediately asking Leonard where did Amy go and felt a need to apologize her. What we saw on screen didn't make sense to me to be a reason for him to apologize her, he didn't say or do anything inappropriate to her on screen. Although his drunken behaviour in general might have been a reason he felt a need to apologize her.

I don't exactly know how drunken Sheldon might act, but I just thought he might have said to Amy something he regretted in the morning ( in case he was able to remember it!). Maybe he didn't want her to leave him in the night, and hence smuggled the geology book into his room because she left. We didn't see the book with him when they came to his room. Maybe head-canoning, but interesting to think anyway. About the drunk dial - Hawking and Amy are two persons who are really important to him, in the intellectual way also, so in the middle of his crisis and drunk, since Amy left him, he felt an urge to call Hawking. But of course he was so drunk his speaking didn't make any sense. And as Lionne pointed out, Leonard said he was reading the book really loud, which might have indicated he was really masturbating while reading that book.

I have a strong feeling this is leading to something with Shamy too and as Mayim said in some new interview that they are dealing this Sheldon's career crisis in the longer run. I also liked Meg's point of view when it comes to Penny and Sheldon scenes together, I wasn't bothered by their scenes together that much. So all in all, I enjoyed the episode and I really can't wait to see where this all is going.

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 8

That is actually the book Sheldon was reading to her when she was sick! How adorable is that? :)

How funny!  Glad I still have it on DVR so I can look at it more closely.

Although Amy might get frustrated with certain aspects of Sheldon's behavior, she really is the "best girlfriend he's ever going to have".  She believes in his brilliance, unlike the others, who, although they know Sheldon is a genius, also know that he can be quite an idiot.  I think Amy knows that Sheldon can seriously overthink things, she doesn't have that negative attitude toward him that the guys often take.

She certainly believed that Sheldon had the best chance of getting tenure, over the other guys, and she defended his theoretical work over Howard's actual trip to space, and although she has perhaps softened toward him somewhat, she had also adopted Sheldon's superior attitude toward Leonard.

She also thinks he's hot--fluff up his hair and suddenly he's sex on a stick and other girls are going to be hitting on him.  LOL!

That's something that's always bothered me.  I understand why Sheldon is that way and I understand Amy supporting him but is there any reason for her to be superior to Leonard?  No.  In fact, she should be reminding Sheldon that Leonard is his best friend and does a lot for him.

• Like 2

I personally am not liking all the Penny/Sheldon interaction in the episode last night and the one coming up so think I will just

boukn.gif

I wish they had him focusing more on talking to and listening to Amy. I am really tired of Penny/Sheldon interaction. They bore me and annoy me.

One of my favorite gifs returns!!!!!

But I agree, I am sick of Shenny. Blehhhh.

• Like 6

I don't exactly know how drunken Sheldon might act, but I just thought he might have said to Amy something he regretted in the morning ( in case he was able to remember it!). Maybe he didn't want her to leave him in the night, and hence smuggled the geology book into his room because she left. We didn't see the book with him when they came to his room. Maybe head-canoning, but interesting to think anyway. About the drunk dial - Hawking and Amy are two persons who are really important to him, in the intellectual way also, so in the middle of his crisis and drunk, since Amy left him, he felt an urge to call Hawking. But of course he was so drunk his speaking didn't make any sense. And as Lionne pointed out, Leonard said he was reading the book really loud, which might have indicated he was really masturbating while reading that book.  I have a strong feeling this is leading to something with Shamy too and as Mayim said in some new interview that they are dealing this Sheldon's career crisis in the longer run. I also liked Meg's point of view when it comes to Penny and Sheldon scenes together, I wasn't bothered by their scenes together that much. So all in all, I enjoyed the episode and I really can't wait to see where this all is going.

I've head people refer to masturbating as "getting your rocks off" but this gives it a whole new meaning, lol.

• Like 6

I wish they had him focusing more on talking to and listening to Amy.  I am really tired of Penny/Sheldon interaction.  They bore me and annoy me.

I am really speculating, thinking, and hoping that this is what is going to happen in the finale. I believe this will be the emotional and mental breakthrough Sheldon needs to realize that Amy is intellectually his equal and her opinions are the ones that he most acts on and trusts.

I like to think they had kissed for goodnight since Sheldon mentioned the kissing while drunk-calling to Hawking, and that is also very sweet. I would love to hear about it later if he had asked her to stay overnight, but she had refused because of his drunken state. With this I don't mean anything over-dramatic would have happened in his room however. The way Sheldon was looking at the other side of the bed immeadiately after waking up made me wonder of that possibility anyway. He was shocked to see the geology book there (instead of what?), but what would have been a more pleasant view there? Amy? Was he expecting to see Amy there? He was immediately asking Leonard where did Amy go and felt a need to apologize her. What we saw on screen didn't make sense to me to be a reason for him to apologize her, he didn't say or do anything inappropriate to her on screen. Although his drunken behaviour in general might have been a reason he felt a need to apologize her. 

Yes! I have been thinking the same thing. I know when I'm drunk, I discuss things with others that just happen to pop in my head at the moment. I think he mentioned he liked kissing girls because it was in forefront of his mind, like he had just performed the act. :p

I think him asking where Amy was in the morning was something pretty big for him. Why would he expect Amy to stay the night? She never has before. I'm guessing that really could be a reason he called to apologize. In his druken state, he asked Amy for a sleepover. :laugh:

• Like 6

So love reading all of your posts.  They are so eloquent.

Who, besides myself, thinks we are going to have a REAL cliffhanger this year- not someone going away- a real (almost) stop in mid sentence cliff hanger.

I'm hoping for ILY but not so sure now...

It will be a long summer

I want a strong and a big cliff hanger, I want the begining of season 8 exactly in the same moment season 7 ends!! I want to live the hiatus (for me winter) with huge expectations!! (of course, no someone going away, please!!)
  • Like 3

In all honesty.. I am completely stumped at what they can do for the finale now.. Especially with Mayim's recent interviews, Even though she is normally wrong about this stuff.

All I know for certain that is going to be Sheldon's career and Shamy... If not, Well wait and see.

• Like 1

How funny!  Glad I still have it on DVR so I can look at it more closely.

That's something that's always bothered me.  I understand why Sheldon is that way and I understand Amy supporting him but is there any reason for her to be superior to Leonard?  No.  In fact, she should be reminding Sheldon that Leonard is his best friend and does a lot for him.

When she first met the gang, she found Leonard tedious and I think that assessment continued for a while. And though she now has a better understanding of Leonard and appreciates him more as a friend, when compared to Sheldon, she certainly finds Sheldon to be superior.

• Like 2

I have that friend who prefers Sheldon alone and today she asked me if I watched the RD. I said yes but I liked the Indecision one better. She said "I hated one scene and I know you loved it". And I went like "awwwwww the kiss!!how could you not like it it was even better than the first one!!!!" And she was like "ewwwww". Then I spend the whole bus trip home imaging about that kiss!!!! And when I came home there was the Fish Gut ep on. Nice day and it took my mind from some problems I have. :) Shamy is so perfect. Can't wait to find out if there will be anything big shamy wise on the finale. It sure looks that way.

About what Mayim said. She totally knows we know and she tried to trick us. :p

• Like 8

was just watching some old episodes.. n  just saw this one... its the last epi of season 6.. leonard's farewell party and in this scene i wonder why sheldon is laughing so much!

infact the scene was about leonard n bernie.. but in the background u can see sheldon is laughing... i feel its jim laughing and.. then he had to hide his face!

so cute

1982256_743241592374638_2764189787557886

Edited by saruluvsshamy
  • Like 5

was just watching some old episodes.. n the just saw this one... its the last epi of season 6.. leonard's farewell party and in this scene i wonder why sheldon is laughing so much!

infact the scene was about leonard n bernie.. but in the background u can see sheldon is laughing... i feel its jim laughing and.. then he had to hide his face!

so cute

1982256_743241592374638_2764189787557886

It was very unSheldon-like behavior and more like Jim probably having a fun conversation with Mayim and Kaley.

• Like 1