The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I would love this! Another scenario I've daydreamed about is Sheldon telling Amy matter-of-factly - in lieu of an actual ILY - that he anticipates being with her for a very long time, and maybe for the rest of their lives, and that it's only logical to assume that they will be....that he can't see any other outcome securing their mutual happiness. Maybe he doesn't get too deep into the touchy-feely stuff, but Amy can deduce from his declaration that he's in love with her. And maybe she says that out loud, alone, after he leaves.

This is actually how I keep thinking it will play out if they go with the emotional declaration route for the finale.  Try as I might (and trust me I've tried) I can't picture Sheldon uttering the actual words "I love you", not at this juncture anyways.  Which doesn't mean he's not totally feeling it, but I just think that he's not gotten to the point where flat out expressing an emotion that huge, using that precise of language, would come naturally just yet.  The scenario above would totally get the same point accross though, so I would love to see that.

Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 3

I think I'm going to take refuge in this "friendlier" spoiler thread as the S7 one is getting too hostile for my liking :(  It's a show, a comedy show at that.  I wish people would lighten up a bit.  I know there's been alot of Sheldon this season but that's for multiple reasons:

*Jim is the one winning the awards so he's more in the spotlight

*They obviously decided that as an arc, Sheldon needed to grow as a character, and being that he's so complicated to begin with, that takes time

*Like it or not, Sheldon's character is a comedic sounding board for the other characters to react to

I just, yeah.  Had to get that out in a safe space seeing as I don't dare pipe up in the other thread.

awww...

u dont need to be scared... yeah this place is much better though

• Like 3

I agree that it would totally be in character for him to say it in a really convoluted, way like he did when he asked her out.  It would not only fit him, but would fit the whole trajectory of their entire relationship so far. 

The Star Wars geek in me has always kind of wanted him to say "I love you" and for Amy simply to reply, I know (with a knowing grin) on her face (i.e. quoting his beloved Star Wars).  I think that would thrill the heck out of him :)

Oh my feels!!  Yes!  :wub::preved::firstmove:

• Like 2

Ok so I've been talking about this A LOT with a fellow geek and psychologyst, and I managed to come up with what I believe would be a pretty satisfying season finale.

I believe... Everything has been building up to something like this: Sheldon is in a very bad place career-wise, and we already know he is at least going to entertain the idea that the psychic may be right. I think the season finale will pin Sheldon into a position where he will decide to jump into a relationship milestone (sex or engagement, nothing less will do, but bear with me here), and right as things are getting intense, Amy will say something that will give Sheldon a... House moment, for lack of a better word, a eureka, and he will forget what he was doing in the heat of his excitement over maybe finally finding his new field of study.

He WILL, however, realize how important Amy truly is in his life, but he will be enough absorbed in his work again that things will cool down between them and we can have our three seasons of delicious Shamy buildup before the wedding on season 10 :p

I would love to see a final scene where sheldon is alone in his room and he remembers suddenly he still has Amy's engagement ring in his pocket, then after briefly considering things he just dismissively goles "meh, it can wait" and puts it away.

Whaddaya think? :p

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6040A mediante Tapatalk

• Like 6

I agree that it would totally be in character for him to say it in a really convoluted, way like he did when he asked her out.  It would not only fit him, but would fit the whole trajectory of their entire relationship so far. 

The Star Wars geek in me has always kind of wanted him to say "I love you" and for Amy simply to reply, I know (with a knowing grin) on her face (i.e. quoting his beloved Star Wars).  I think that would thrill the heck out of him :)

That sounds like something Sheldon would do!

- I love you Sheldon

- Oh I know

Remember back in season 2,in "The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem" when that crazy girl coplimented Sheldon he responded in a similar way

Ramona: You're so witty

Sheldon: I am,aren't I?

:laugh:

• Like 2

Am I the only person who thinks that Amy´s shy is( in part ) part of her four year´s plan?( I SWEAR I love her a lot, and I also think she is BRILLIANT behaving in that way) She knows how brain works, and she knows HOW Sheldon´s brain works!!! She is deeply in love with Sheldon, and ( IMO )she is playing her cards ,not all, to get him!( As women in love do, all over the world, all the time) AMY IS GREAT! I LOVE AMY´S CHARACTER A LOT!... and she is honest, because she told Sheldon in 5 x 23, two years ago, WHAT she was going to do to increase his feelings for her,... and Sheldon is totally aware of that! For me, 5 x 23 is an amazing SHAMY episode! SHAMY FOR EVER!

• Like 1

such a good idea!

They posted pics of all kinds TV characters they consider nerdy.

Yes, but those photo albums were all on the 2014 Finales page, right? That's what it looked like to me, anyway. Even though the pic of Shamy is old, the CBS Monkeys could be hinting at the content of the finale.

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 2