The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels here. I mean, the thing is, why do we take the signs of regression as the indicators of the "true" direction of the writing over the sign of the progress? This is something I've done plenty myself in the past, but that was because we didn't have a lot of evidence to the contrary. But now we do. I honestly did not expect the SIK from Locomotive to be brought up so frequently, to have another kiss so soon outside of sweeps and to have it mentioned as a bragging right by Sheldon.

So that's what throws me for a loop in my "evidence-based viewing": I think the writing is truly splits 50/50 and that's what maddening to me because you can't figure out what are the writers true intentions and what aren't. And while I love 50%, I truly despise the other 50%. It's not even a middle ground. So if I'm deciding to invest my time in this I need to know which 50% is real and which is a red herring.

Tensor, I'm not talking about people interpreting things in a negative or positive way, I'm talking about the actual amount of evidence one way or another. And even if they do the same thing with Lenny that they do with Shamy (which I don't really think they do, or at least to the same extent; once Lenny got over the Vday bump the writers were very consistent in showing that Penny wasn't afraid to commit anymore, unlike Sheldon and his "deal") , it still represents poor writing, and inability to think outside the box and schemes they are used to, imo. If anything, the fact that it is a widespread problem of the show justifies the criticism.

I think the problem is that instead of writing their story, they are trying way too hard to people please. If you think about it, the only way their writing choices make sense is if you look at them in the framework of trying to appease as many viewership factions as possible. Then everything falls into place.

I agree, Koops.  All of this has me think about how the writers must use reinforcement schedules to keep (train) the audience moving along.   Sometimes they are brilliant with it, and other times they lose their consistency, and that leaves us in this awkward stage.      Let's face it, we are all just a bunch of lab rats frantically pushing the lever for our sugar water, sometimes they give it to us and other times they don't, but we keep pushing that lever.....and we love it.    

• Like 3

I agree, Koops.  All of this has me think about how the writers must use reinforcement schedules to keep (train) the audience moving along.   Sometimes they are brilliant with it, and other times they lose their consistency, and that leaves us in this awkward stage.      Let's face it, we are all just a bunch of lab rats frantically pushing the lever for our sugar water, sometimes they give it to us and other times they don't, but we keep pushing that lever.....and we love it.    

LMAO the irony of you making a post like this when I've been spending my afternoon reading on papers about this very thing. True story, they should use us as experimental subjects instead :p 

• Like 6

OMG....how am I supposed to wait a week for the next taping report now?! I was doing just fine, re-reading some fics watching some youtube vids, but then she has to say it's awesome! I was nervous before but now I'm beside myself with feels. This is going to be a very long week. Then to top it off there isn't a new episode tonight...I'm going to go crawl under a rock, someone come look for me Wednesday morning. 

At least I have some eye candy. 

tumblr_luwma03s161r1n4hto1_500.jpg

d68fafd9cfacab16dbfef74998985006.jpg

8423fbe821f5cbcd7423d33c1e708254.jpg

ca0c0bb549bf7d409390f1df59d709fa.jpg

870aa65dcf192f7f1b0694d177226049.jpg

Nice pics! A quick glance at that last one and it looks like he flipping  someone off lol  I had to look a little closer :girldrink:

Edited by sfservice
  • Like 4

Mayim always gives us good, if properly vague, intell. She wouldn't screw with our emotions.

Her face hurts, she said "Awesome." I feel less emotionally dependent on my fan fiction. I am writing a second chapter. Sheldon's spirit has feelings he needs to express. I am his vessel apparently.

• Like 2

Could anyone tell me about the process? I only know that table read is on Wednesday and the taping is on Tuesday. What about the rest of the week? Which day do they rehearse the episode? 

Could anyone tell me about the process? I only know that table read is on Wednesday and the taping is on Tuesday. What about the rest of the week? Which day do they rehearse the episode? 

Rehearse and run through on Thursday and Friday. Pre taping on Monday, taping on Tuesday. :)

• Like 2

Okay, after the script cover, a single word description of the finale, and another description of the PP episode, I cannot concentrate and I am barely able to function without checking for more spoilers all day. All over some simple things! At least I know I can come here to confess this and not be judged or looked at like I'm crazy. I'm not, right? Right?bVkZi3B.gif

Edited by certifiedotakuandfangirl
  • Like 7