The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

Hii  I'm new here also  :girlsmile:  I just wanna thank everybody who post here taping reports and any spoilers, You've opened to me a whole new world of the Big bang :icon_cheesygrin:  !! For those, who are going to the taping tomorrow I wish you the BEST shamy moments ever :girlwink:

• Like 1

I agree, too.

I really do feel that Sheldon needs a bit of a reality check when it somes to Amy. Don't get me wrong, I love Sheldon. He has been and will always be my favorite character. Yet, Amy has needs too and a relationship is about give and take, about compromise, and above all about growth. I do feel like they are making progress, but I think that progress would be more if Sheldon were to open up to Amy more. Not physically, but emotionally. I also believes that she deserves a lot more, but at the same time she loves him and she's willing to wait for him, which is another reason why I love their realtionship.  

Okay, I know it's very unlikely, but just to add a bit to the paranoia ;): What if the combustion to the status quo refers as well to the Shamy relationship?, I mean, their relationship could be very well be considered "status quo" to this point, right? I mean, what if they are planning to break them up as a cliffhanger for the next season (to be probably solved in the first or first couple of episodes of the next season, of course). I mean, what if Sheldon, in the middle of his crisis, does or says something that angers or bothers Amy enough to say "this is over"?

I agree that is not very probable that Mayim would call "awesome" such an scenario, but that was something that crossed my mind yesterday after knowing the ep's title and I guess I couldn't help but come and share (don't hate me please :p)

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 1

I'm not putting anything past the writers. I'd just be surprised if Mayim had thought a breakup was awesome, knowing her. But who knows! Maybe she also feels there's the need to shake up the status quo in that direction. I just wish they didn't flip-flop back and forth so much to go from them making leaps and bounds of progress to breaking up. They had the chance to break them up in Table and chickened out, why do it now? Like I said often, I am not against a breakup out of principle. But if it has to happen, I would want it to happen in a coherent manner after a logical buildup, rather than for shock-value and flip-flopping. Or it's like Serial Apeist: why bother bringing it back just to take it away again? 

• Like 2

Or it's like Serial Apeist: why bother bringing it back just to take it away again? 

Actually, the manner in which is was used was good for multiple plot points.  Although since it's not Shamy, I'll leave it.  PM me koops it you want the specifics.

• Like 1

I want to know what happens!! 

What about this possibility: In the midst of everything falling apart, Amy gets offered a summer position doing research...somewhere xD. She tells Sheldon that she can turn it down but it would mean a lot to her if she could go. Sheldon insists that she should go and she feels somewhat dejected, like she was expecting him to cling to her for comfort. Then the comic book store burns down, Amy is still weirded out because Sheldon doesn't seem to want to turn to her for comfort, then as she gets ready to leave, she finds Sheldon packed and ready to go in her hallway xD and he says that since everything he thought was good and stable at home is falling apart that he needs to hold on to the one thing in his life that still offers stability.

Yes, yes, all a bunch of wishful thinking, but this would be a good sendoff for the season xD or someone could just take the idea and run with it for a fanfic, IDK :p

Should we start another thread for finale theories? xD it would be fun to see if anyone can come close... and it could be a nice way to kill time while we wait for the taping report :3

• Like 1

Hey spoilery Shamy peeps! I posted this in the spoiler-free thread, but it probably makes more sense here. xD

I'm going to the taping for the finale tomorrow, and I'm wondering if there's any Shamy fans who are going that want to meet up in line? Especially if you're going by yourself like me. We can wait in line and/or sit together and talk Shamy shop. :D Please let me know!

• Like 2

Ah, I wrote a post, but accidentally deleted it. But I just wanted to say I totally agree with this, koops. I think the biggest transformation this show will see is Sheldon turning from the emotionless, insensitive robot he was in S1 to, like you said, reaching his full potential as a friend and boyfriend. (But I'd also love to see him get a huge breakthrough with his career, :)). It already shocks me to watch a S1 episode and see how much he's changed. It's exciting to think about what he'll, hopefully, be like in S10. He can still be Sheldon and intelligent and quirky and neurotic and clueless, but I think what's important is his willingness to sacrifice his giant ego and his own well-being for others. To be able to put someone else before himself.

But I do get what you're saying. Amy IS the most wonderful woman he'll ever have. :cray: I want it to be proven that he's the most wonderful man she'll ever have, too.

He and Amy have both changed since their earlier episodes; Amy's helped Sheldon change and Penny/Bernie have helped Amy (mainly making her less robotic).

Sheldon has issues when it comes to social cues, interacting with others, etc.  He's the type of person that you have to tell him specifically 'you need to do xyz' when it comes to his relationship with Amy.

I know I won't be the only one doing this during tomorrow evening's chat:

tumblr_mhjjdxop801rmayn0o1_400.gif

• Like 2

Just wanted to say that LA may explode of Shamy goodness!! MJisthebomb, dana1010, Kazzie and I are at the Cheesecake Factory in Passadena!!!!

You have to get a pic of all of you in front of the sign and post it!!!

• Like 6

Just wanted to say that LA may explode of Shamy goodness!! MJisthebomb, dana1010, Kazzie and I are at the Cheesecake Factory in Passadena!!!!

Have a good time and tomorrow, PLEASE, try to remember each word during the taping! But enjoy it as much as you can!! you, lucky girls!!!!

• Like 1

Are you guys sitting together at the taping?

Soooo jealous! Hope you guys have a great time. I'm looking fwd to the report!

• Like 2