The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

I'm really torn because, on the one hand, I can see all of the factors this entire season that have been leading up to Sheldon snapping. And I appreciate the fact that all of these little things along the way are not going unnoticed by him or by the writers. I like that Sheldon is getting to a point where he's starting to freak out because things are moving too fast, he's starting to grow up, and he realizes that a lot of the things that he's finding uncomfortable and difficult, he's going to need to confront, and face, and deal with in a real, emotional way. But I really don't like that Amy was more of a plot point and not so much an involved party in getting to the boiling point. It was as if the entire storyline were about Sheldon, instead of about the relationship between him and Amy, or even the way that he feels about that relationship. We didn't get so much of his reaction to the speed of their relationship, but instead we just got him reacting to a lot of stimuli in his life that led him to a point of needing to run away. And his relationship with Amy moving to higher plateaus was just one of those stimuli. And I really wish that it were not the end of the season, because I would like to know how this all shakes out in the end, but I'm afraid that I'm just going to be angry over the hiatus and not want to tune in in the fall.

Edited by MichyGeary
  • Like 9

My dream scenario for season 8, episode 01 will be:

Sheldon comes back fom his 3 months gettaway and now having cleared his head goes to Amy's apartment. She offers him a beverage and asks him to sit down. He says thank you. She asks him if he came back for good. He says yes. She then asks him if he sorted all of his issues with the changes. He says yes. She then says: Great!Now, get out of my apartment.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

That is TOTALLY how I could see it going now.

• Like 1

With Sheldon's career struggle in the last episode and a continuous theme this year, I predict this morning that Sheldon is going a sabbatical to find himself a new direction. Amy is going to suggest this action.

I am quoting that from the ''Whose getting sent off this season''. Except for the Amy suggesting it thing you so called it notch!!!!

• Like 2

It was as if the entire storyline were about Sheldon, instead of about the relationship between him and Amy, or even the way that he feels about that relationship.

I guess I don't really see the problem with that...?  This wasn't a Shamy relationship episode.  It was a Sheldon life episode, in which Amy plays but one part.  IMO, some folks here are looking at it through the wrong prism.

• Like 1

I guess I don't really see the problem with that...?  This wasn't a Shamy relationship episode.  It was a Sheldon life episode, in which Amy plays but one part.  IMO, some folks here are looking at it through the wrong prism.

My point is just that he's making a pretty monumental decision because of their relationship and the tremendous progress it's made so quickly, but without the relationship really being a main part of that decision, which is what was really confusing about it. If something is going on in a relationship that you have with someone that is forcing you to leave town, it seems only logical that you would involve that person in the discussion about that decision.

• Like 5

It's like they just crapped all over the Proton episode. Sheldon needs to appreciate the people in his life...by leaving them without saying goodbye. Go Selfish!Sheldon all the way

Let's just remember that he didn't even intend to say goodbye to Leonard.

• Like 4

I beg to differ.  Every couple on the show got a finale.  So you are saying that this was not supposed to be a Shamy finale?   Sure it is about Sheldon having a meltdown, but while he goes running off, he seems to be perfectly fine and content on the road.   So how does that make his meltdown meaningful?  He clearly isn't having an epiphany.  He is just going about enjoying himself.   He is also expecting that Amy just accept his nasty mood toward her and go about things as normal.    While it was a meltdown for Sheldon, it was indeed related to Shamy and their relationship.   Ultimately, I am assuming the writers were going to show a new and improved more mature version of Sheldon, but their evidence is already showing that isn't likely going to be the case.  So what are we to make of this then?   He is off "finding himself" while happy.   He will come back and expect Amy to just accept him back and go about things again as normal between them.   I could care less, honestly, how he treats other people.   But right now, he treats Amy worse than all of them.   She used to be his exception and the one he treated as superior and better than the others.  But not any more.   And by the fact he checked in and made sure she knew he was fine and doing well, I am not seeing much of an epiphany going on.  I see someone who may figure out work stuff, but doubt he will spend much time thinking about his relationship with her.   He probably will spend more time thinking about his situation with Leonard getting married and moving in with Penny more than about his relationship with Amy.  Honestly, I think he believes there is nothing wrong with it other than her wanting to move faster than him (which she really doesn't...he just thinks that).

• Like 9

I beg to differ.  Every couple on the show got a finale.  So you are saying that this was not supposed to be a Shamy finale?   Sure it is about Sheldon having a meltdown, but while he goes running off, he seems to be perfectly fine and content on the road.   So how does that make his meltdown meaningful?  He clearly isn't having an epiphany.  He is just going about enjoying himself.   He is also expecting that Amy just accept his nasty mood toward her and go about things as normal.    While it was a meltdown for Sheldon, it was indeed related to Shamy and their relationship.   Ultimately, I am assuming the writers were going to show a new and improved more mature version of Sheldon, but their evidence is already showing that isn't likely going to be the case.  So what are we to make of this then?   He is off "finding himself" while happy.   He will come back and expect Amy to just accept him back and go about things again as normal between them.   I could care less, honestly, how he treats other people.   But right now, he treats Amy worse than all of them.   She used to be his exception and the one he treated as superior and better than the others.  But not any more.   And by the fact he checked in and made sure she knew he was fine and doing well, I am not seeing much of an epiphany going on.  I see someone who may figure out work stuff, but doubt he will spend much time thinking about his relationship with her.   He probably will spend more time thinking about his situation with Leonard getting married and moving in with Penny more than about his relationship with Amy.  Honestly, I think he believes there is nothing wrong with it other than her wanting to move faster than him (which she really doesn't...he just thinks that).

EXACTLY!!

30332674.jpg

• Like 4

Get Bert in there and make Sheldon feel jealous and upset that he left her! IM CLUTCHING AT STAWS HERE GUYS! lol!

I STILL don't understand the significance on Bert... Seriously, why bring him in in the first place to never pick it up again? I see an excellent opportunity... One the writers probably wont pick up on lol!

EXACTLY!!

30332674.jpg

I just bust out laughing at that MEME. Love a good HP reference.

• Like 4

So you are saying that this was not supposed to be a Shamy finale?

I'm not quite sure how to parse that sentence, but I'm in no way saying this wasn't "supposed" to be a Shamy finale.  I'm saying it *wasn't* a Shamy finale, and evaluating it as though it was is, IMO, causing unnecessary heartache.  The two big blows were being locked into string theory and the change in living arrangements.  Amy's moving in suggestion didn't seem to be at that level of pressure.  And the fact that they're talking calmly in the tag scene makes it even clearer that there was no breakup intended.

So, while I understand disappointment over not getting an ILY or anything else positive, I just don't see the big negative the rest of you guys see, in terms of their relationship.

• Like 6

Thank you so much Michy [edit: and Kazzie] for the reports! Taping report writers are the true heroes of the fandom, I think.

That being said, what an awful episode. I weep for Amy, who is my favourite character and is also the reason I even got into the show in season 4.

This didn't even feel like much of a finale to me. Nothing big happened. Sure the comic book store burned down and Sheldon left, but he'll be back (to the apartment & back to work, probably) next episode. We'll just pick up where we left off and nothing will be different. Which makes me wonder why the finale didn't focus more on what's going on with Lenny rather than Sheldon's (kind of awful) reaction to the impending change in their living arrangements.

*sigh* I haven't watched an episode in a few weeks. Due to my poor internet connection, I rely on taping reports to help decide which ones are worth the long download time. Unfortunately, I think I'll be skipping the finale this season.

My dream scenario for season 8, episode 01 will be:

Sheldon comes back fom his 3 months gettaway and now having cleared his head goes to Amy's apartment. She offers him a beverage and asks him to sit down. He says thank you. She asks him if he came back for good. He says yes. She then asks him if he sorted all of his issues with the changes. He says yes. She then says: Great!Now, get out of my apartment.

Oh, if only, pisquenta! If only! Edited by Mars
  • Like 5

If they don't do some kind of process next season this is just a huge flashback to HIMYM a couple weeks ago

HIMYM did send Lily away while Marshall had done nothing wrong but had to be distraught waiting for her.

• Like 1