The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

rachelshamyfan

Whew, just got through reading everyone's comments. I pretty much agree with everyone...and so I'm pretty torn. I can see the positive possibilities that could come out of this, but at this point I have no confidence in the writers at all. :( I've been avoiding the forums for a little bit because I couldn't handle all the guessing about the finale, and now that it's here, well, like everyone else, I'm so disappointed. I can't take how tptb are handling the situation, and as much as I love Mayim, her "awesome" comment just makes matters worse knowing what's going to happen. I still love Shamy, but I am seriously considering parking this ship, even just for the summer. It's getting to be more frustrating than enjoyable...I just don't know...I'm so afraid of being disappointed again when Season 8 starts. *siigghhh*

• Like 2

Reading all this is so sad-I only got involved this series, and it hurts more than a fictional relationship should. The trouble is, we fell in love with these characters and want them to be happy, and thought they were on track.We thought things were getting better for them and saw one of the most amazing TV kisses ever. Someone decided they needed more drama, for whatever reason, and all we can do is hope the story will end happily in the end. It's a beautiful day here and it should be so much happier-I haven't even seen most of the series yet and now it ends like this-I'm so disappointed, and hope it's going to become clear in the end-poor Amy...is it weird to want to make someone feel better who isn't real?

• Like 2

First I was totally shocked when I heard about the episode. But I try not to get to upset about it. They really developed him over the last season, but for me he still is the weirdo. And with all that stuff now breaking down on him: Kissing girls... knowing this is just the first step, his String Theory issues AND last but not least the Lenny wedding and the changes coming with that, I totally get the point of him cracking and proving to be the flight risk Amy knows he is.

I am sorry for Amy at most. And I would love to see her develope some selfesteem over the hiatus and finding out that there might be other men arround. I dont want her to break up with Sheldon, but I want her to date! And enjoy herself!

And I want Sheldon to come back, desperate and shattered and finding her happy without him.

I really hope they do not solve this issue within the first episodes of season 8. I would like her to let him fight for her a while and prove to her what she really means to him.

• Like 3

i dont know wat to say...

i feel so bad for amy right now...

i tried reading fanfics but i m getting irritated at the caring sheldons there!

because i wish sheldon had cared...

and we knew tat this change would mean tat either he ll run away or he ll go to amy...

as koops said.. and i agree with her.,.. tat i dont mind him running away.. or even breaking up...

wat i cannot take them brushing it under the carpet!

and as we know how the writers r.. i wont be surprised!

• Like 1

so i had to step away from the forum for a little while just to calm down and gather my thoughts about all of this(turning on the radio and listening to the song "Say Something" was not the best idea) :cray:                                                                                                                                                                                                            The thing that upsets me the most is not the fact that Sheldon freaks out about all the changes and runs away,i can kind of accept that and was probably expecting it to be honest, it's the phone call to check in that has really pissed me off!..........to show that Sheldon is doing fine without Amy and then to confirm that Amy realizes he's doing well without her by having her attack Leonard with a cushion asking"why did you let him go?". I mean,come on,just how much does this poor girl have to take????   Why couldn't they have ended the call with Amy saying"he's doing fine and he says he misses me"just to show that Sheldon at least cares about her?                                I really hope that 8x1 doesn't show us that Amy has just sat around for months waiting for His Highness to walk back in to her life as if nothings happened and welcomes him with open arms!! I want to see a girl with some self esteem and confidence who makes him realize the hurt he's caused her!!

ikr!!

this is wat bothers me

Thank you so much Michy! Really appreciate it

I agree I'm really not happy. I'm beyond disappointed in the way they treat Amy like a freaking punch bag that pins over Sheldon. Idk I'm really sad. I was okay with a break up but if and only if it was Amy having had enough of his BS and having HER be the one to say enough. But no. Everything is about Sheldon and how he feels and how he's coping.

I'm kinda done. Unless we see Sheldon working his ass off to get her back. Her rejecting his sorry ass. Him working his ass off even more. Him being MISERABLE, LONELY, LOST without her for like half a season and then maybe just maybe she'll start to CONSIDER taking back.

And if/when they do he stops taking her for granted and treats her like the gem she is. For her to demand and expect the love, appreciation, respect, and affection she most righteously deserves. For her to not take anything less than she deserves.

Edit: I'm not even going to go on how much lenny pissed me off. Especially Penny. Aren't they friends?? Like wasn't the first thing they did on Table after Sheldon stormed out, was to call her and warn her????? This is an ever bigger deal than that and they just forget to include her?????

I'm still too sad and upset but basically, all of the above x a million. Edited by CaffeineBuzz

so i had to step away from the forum for a little while just to calm down and gather my thoughts about all of this(turning on the radio and listening to the song "Say Something" was not the best idea) :cray:

Try listening to The Scientist </3

• Like 2

Ugh, agreed Koops. How is this a status quo combustion, exactly? By running away, Sheldon is as big a baby as ever. What happened to the Penny who told Sheldon to "strap on a pair and talk to Amy"? Now she tells him to go without talking to Amy. 

In my head, Sheldon's selfish actions nullifies the RA. Therefore, Amy can enjoy a summer of whimsically inventive coitus with Kripke. That will never happen, though. She will wait selflessly until Sheldon decides to come back. Ugh again! 

• Like 8

I am entirely on the same page as Mayim. I think this finale is awesome, and here is a little parable to explain why; I hope it will cheer some people up:

Imagine a boy who has a phobia of water and who is struggling to learn how to swim. He knows swimming is good. Everybody tells him it would be better for him if he could swim. The idea of going in the water, however, remains extremely scary. First, he dips his toes a few times, and realizes the contact is not that bad after all, but he is not ready to go all the way yet. Then, suddenly, brutally, he is somehow forced to jump in. The contact with water over his entire body is nearly unbearable; it sends chills down his spine; it is so cold and terrifying he can't breathe. He wants out! But then, after a moment, he realizes it is not that bad, just like with his toes earlier; he realizes that he will be okay.

I'm sure I don't need to explain what swimming is for Sheldon, what the dipping of the toes was this season, and where he's at at the end of it. I honestly think this journey is what the writers have in mind for Shamy, the question being: how will they drag them to the happy ending?

I simply think Sheldon needed a push, and this is that push which is awesome.

Edited by FrenchBBTfan
  • Like 6

Maybe he will only get as far as the next station down the line before he realises his mistake. I actually had something else to get upset about today so could cry to my husband without sounding like a 15 year old sobbing over the break up of some boy band. Such a sad day-and sadder still to see the unspoiled so expectant and happy-I think they will get there, but it's going to take longer than we thought.

• Like 2

Ugh, agreed Koops. How is this a status quo combustion, exactly? By running away, Sheldon is as big a baby as ever. What happened to the Penny who told Sheldon to "strap on a pair and talk to Amy"? Now she tells him to go without talking to Amy.

In my head, Sheldon's selfish actions nullifies the RA. Therefore, Amy can enjoy a summer of whimsically inventive coitus with Kripke. That will never happen, though. She will wait selflessly until Sheldon decides to come back. Ugh again!

I was wondering the same thing about the RA. We know intelligent dog uprising is covered in there; what of one partner running away from the other, without discussing it, or even a goodbye?

• Like 6

I am quoting that from the ''Whose getting sent off this season''. Except for the Amy suggesting it thing you so called it notch!!!!

Yay! Do I win a prize?

It so sucks that Amy didn't get to suggest this that she was totally left out of the decision making process, that Lenny got the good bye scene and we have no idea what kind or even if a new Sheldon emerges in September.

But remember last year we all wanted the Shamy to grow in Leonards absence and that was not portrayed or anything close to our dreams, but Season 7 still had great Shamy stories.

I think a better approach to our ship is to take it one episode at a time. One story at a time. Sheldon sucks for me now, but I feel it's IC. September is a long ass way away.....

It's like they just crapped all over the Proton episode. Sheldon needs to appreciate the people in his life...by leaving them without saying goodbye. Go Selfish!Sheldon all the way

Let's just remember that he didn't even intend to say goodbye to Leonard.

Idk. Chuck made a comment at the Proton episode preview that makes Proton Sheldon's life guide. I believe Sheldon should be expecting visits from Proton from the great beyond. They would create stories for MR Newhart if he is still interested in participating.

• Like 3

I don't want Sheldon to come back home to the same Amy. While he's gone I wish she would work on herself, for herself, both physically and mentally. Perfect time for her to decide what she wants and likes, without bending to accomodate him. I think that its way overdue and thats why time away from Sheldon, and come to think of it from the gang in general is an excellent opportunity for her to do just that. She needs more in her life than just Sheldon.

Now I'd be okay with her getting a mini makeover, say... To look like Mayim does in Dena's avatar ;)

Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 6

I'm just truly, deeply upset for Amy right now. As a character and as a person. They built her whole backstory about her being shunned her whole life, being rejected and bullied, she falls for this guy despite her better judgment and will, and he storms off on her after mocking the idea of being together for the long run, without so much of a goodbye, while her alleged best friends patronize her about knowing what's best for Sheldon... and she's still ok with all this? She's invested four years of her life and patience and always had so much hope for their future and she gets this and she's still fine with it?  I just... I don't know, my heart breaks for her. 

And my worry is precisely that her lack of reaction is a sign that the writers do not intend this to be a big deal that will change things in any way. I almost expect Sheldon to come back all cheerful and happy from a summer of train rides with his good buddy Eric and everything to go back to normal for the foreseeable future.

Yes to all of this!! Also the fact that in the tag scene its her asking him to check with her again tomorrow bugs me so much!!! Its like she still can't take the hint!!!

• Like 1

I don't want Sheldon to come back home to the same Amy. While he's gone I wish she would work on herself, for herself, both physically and mentally. Perfect time for her to decide what she wants and likes, without bending to accomodate him. I think that its way overdue and thats why time away from Sheldon, and come to think of it from the gang in general is an excellent opportunity for her to do just that. She needs more in her life than just Sheldon.

Now I'd be okay with her getting a mini makeover, say... To look like Mayim does in Dena's avatar ;)

Now if only the writers also feel the same way :)