The Shamy - Season 7 Spoilers Only Discussion Thread

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In every taping report the language of the Strawberry Quik scene is a little different, so I don't know which one is the most accurate, but the overall sense I get from the exchange is that Sheldon li

About the kiss (they showed it to us!) *he put his hands on her waist when he moved his body closer to hers. *he said, "good" after she said, "that was nice." * he spoke as if he was going to fai

Posted Images

The writers have certainly given us a lot to chew on during this upcoming hiatus.

What bothers me the most about this season finale (other than the fact that the writers are using their hackneyed plot device of sending a character away for the summer for the third consecutive year and fourth time overall) is the fact that Sheldon has so

blatantly hurt Amy. I hate the fact that he openly acknowledges for the very first time that she loves him so much she wants to move in with him, and that he uses it as one of reasons his life is falling apart.

That being said, I think the whole purpose of him leaving is that he needs to do some serious soul-searching while he's away, and I hope that when

he returns, something about him will have changed. It doesn't have to be huge. Frankly, I would find it out of character if he returns a totally changed person and decides to willingly accept all of these major changes (Lenny engagement, new living arrangements) and setbacks (not being allowed to quit string theory) in his life. But it's about damn time he comes to terms with Amy's feelings for him and figures out his own.

Even if Sheldon returns and apologizes to Amy and she accepts, it won't be enough. At this point in their relationship, he needs to step up and be willing to do something to prove to Amy that he truly does care about her and that he loves her, too. If everything resets to normal, and Sheldon still refuses to at least try doing what Amy wants by moving in together, it'll show that Sheldon is not only being selfish but that he's also incapable of truly growing, which is unrealistic after how much progress he's supposedly made this season (namely, the kissing). If he can't be willing to bend a little and focus on Amy's wants, it'll make Amy come off as a doormat, as she'll simply be putting up with Sheldon for the simple fact that she's in love with him. I really, really hope that that's not the case.

I want to trust the writers that this season finale is the set up for a true emotional awakening in Sheldon, and the hopeless romantic that I am is hoping for an emotional reunion scene between them, but I'm hesitant in my optimism at this point. All we can do now is play the waiting game until season 8 begins. In the meantime, I'll most likely be turning to fanfiction to help mend my broken Shamy heart lol.

• Like 6

I'd just like to say, the only real stroke of genius in this episode was making Stuart happy for a change. I think he is a very nurturing guy who suffered because he had no one to dote on. I hope he continues to be Mrs. Wolowitz's nurse for a while, it could make for great stories.

Now, since the writers LOVE recycling old plot lines, maybe we could get a similar "welcome" for Sheldon like Howard had when he came back from space. Like, everyone engrossed in their business and totally blowing off his attempts to dazzle them with his walkabout epiphanies.

I would PAY to see him come back to watch Amy get a huge award and tenure at the University, and she's such hot sh*t she just doesn't have the same time for him anymore.

One can wish, right?

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6040A mediante Tapatalk

this just turned into my number 1 dream scenario

I think Amy should have been at the train station.. She always does whats best for Sheldon.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN SAD AND BEAUTIFUL.

• Like 7

Okay; now that I am over my meltdown, I have a some-what level head.

Maddie said something to me this morning that made me feel a lot better. Sheldon's life needs to completely fall apart to realize everything is out of his control. There is no such thing as control in life, as much as any one of us would like to believe there is. That is a big thing for him, I think once he realizes this; things will start to get better.

Hopefully this is the kick in the pants he needs to finally be able to commit to her completely. And if I just may add this....

truethat_zpsdbfd07d2.png

Thank you for posting this, as I had been looking for it but couldn't find it :). Much as this all didn't go down as any of us would have liked, i still firmly believe that it NEEDED to happen in order for us to get the version of Shamy we all want. Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 8

I'm happy some of you are seeing the silver lining in all this. I wish I could be as hopeful. Instead of feeling better I'm getting more and more disenchanted by the minute. I think for me, the final blow to my shipping has been the fact that I'm seriously questioning his feelings now. I know maybe it's stupid for me to do so, but I can't help it. 

I'm totally fine with the meltdown, and find it IC. I can deal with the fact that he got up and left in the midst of all this, to sort himself out. I can EVEN deal with the fact that Amy wasn't there to see him off. What I can't deal with is the fact that we are not shown Amy being hurt or upset by this and we are not even seeing a glimpse of something that tells me that it hurt Sheldon to leave her behind. That would have been enough for me to be ok with the finale. Like I said earlier, I can deal with anything, but I can't deal with the writers still being so reluctant to show that Sheldon loves her without doubt. If not to her, at least to us, as the audience. I have no doubt he likes her and he thinks she's great, but that's not enough for me right now.

I think I need a break from it all to be honest. I've pretty much decided that I won't bother watching the eps that are left and leave it at Diremption, so I end on a high note. We shall see how I feel about it when spoilers for next season start to drip in.
  • Like 5

The only way I will be satisfied next season is to have Sheldon actually growing a pair and Amy having none of it until he proves himself. I'm so tired of this rollercoaster

For me it's been less of a roller coaster and more of a freefall tbh

Oh, and Cynthia, I think I'll go ahead and add that to the many Sheldon-gets-his-just-desserts scenarios that have been going through my mind today :)

Welp, after a few hours to cool down and read everyone's awesome posts, I think the Shamy ship has all but sunk for me. I'm still pretty interested in the character of Amy, and would like her to have her own agency and maybe some storylines of her own next season...but it's doubtful that that will happen.

All I can do is shrug shrug shrug.

• Like 1

I'm happy some of you are seeing the silver lining in all this. I wish I could be as hopeful. Instead of feeling better I'm getting more and more disenchanted by the minute. I think for me, the final blow to my shipping has been the fact that I'm seriously questioning his feelings now. I know maybe it's stupid for me to do so, but I can't help it. 

I'm totally fine with the meltdown, and find it IC. I can deal with the fact that he got up and left in the midst of all this, to sort himself out. I can EVEN deal with the fact that Amy wasn't there to see him off. What I can't deal with is the fact that we are not shown Amy being hurt or upset by this and we are not even seeing a glimpse of something that tells me that it hurt Sheldon to leave her behind. That would have been enough for me to be ok with the finale. Like I said earlier, I can deal with anything, but I can't deal with the writers still being so reluctant to show that Sheldon loves her without doubt. If not to her, at least to us, as the audience. I have no doubt he likes her and he thinks she's great, but that's not enough for me right now.

I think I need a break from it all to be honest. I've pretty much decided that I won't bother watching the eps that are left and leave it at Diremption, so I end on a high note. We shall see how I feel about it when spoilers for next season start to drip in.

I was at the same point last night. Totally done; didn't want to hear or read anything else but I am starting to feel better now. The only thing that really sucks is the wait.

The only reason I can come up with as to why the writers didn't have Amy at the train station with him is that he wouldn't have left. As mad as I am at Sheldon, one look at her face and I do not believe he could have walked away from her; and if he did I think it would be even harder to deal with (for me, at least). The ultimate goal of the plot was to have him leave, it seems; and with Amy there, he wouldn't have.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 5

Wait, so let me get this straight? True love is being a martyr for another person? Getting a crumb here and there while giving, giving and giving? I think we have a different definition of true love, then. To me true romantic love is first and foremost equal. Otherwise it's just worship or self-praise for having changed a person.

I think she will utimately have true quirky love with Sheldon, not that she has it yet. Sheldon will overcome his deepest issues in the end, and yes, I think he will be loving, in his own Sheldony way (i.e. still being irritating and clueless).

Thank you for posting this, as I had been looking for it but couldn't find it :). Much as this all didn't go down as any of us would have liked, i still firmly believe that it NEEDED to happen in order for us to get the version of Shamy we all want.

Exactly!

Edited by FrenchBBTfan

I didn't take part in the discussion at all today, but I read all your posts carefully. Thank you so much to kazzie, delsino and MichyGeary for the reports. :)

I am sad and upset to say I am feeling very much numb right now. Maybe I need time, maybe I don't. All I know is that I'm feeling sorry and mad (clearly for different reasons) at these characters and I love them. This was sort of a final straw for me after two seasons. I don't know. Maybe I just need to cool off. Maybe I just need to retire in peace with seasons 4 and 5. I'll see. I'm not planning on watching the remaining episodes of the season in the meantime. One thing is certain: this Summer is going to be a long one.

All my plans to write fics are ruined... :p

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this, as I had been looking for it but couldn't find it :). Much as this all didn't go down as any of us would have liked, i still firmly believe that it NEEDED to happen in order for us to get the version of Shamy we all want.

Things happen for a reason...and good things often come out of bad. It's a comedy-it's not going to be the disaster it seems now and in hindsight will probably make sense. Keep believing-but I still wish I could be with you ladies now..

Im starting to see a lighter side to this.. I still think Amy should have been included more last night, But again I think leaving shamy's story line open will lead onto an amazing start for season 8.

• Like 8

I didn't take part in the discussion at all today, but I read all your posts carefully. Thank you so much to kazzie, delsino and MichyGeary for the reports. :)

I am sad and upset to say I am feeling very much numb right now. Maybe I need time, maybe I don't. All I know is that I'm feeling sorry and mad (clearly for different reasons) at these characters and I love them. This was sort of a final straw for me after two seasons. I don't know. Maybe I just need to cool off. Maybe I just need to retire in peace with seasons 4 and 5. I'll see. I'm not planning on watching the remaining episodes of the season in the meantime. One thing is certain: this Summer is going to be a long one.

All my plans to write fics are ruined... :p

My only hope was fanfics...you just killed me lol

My only hope was fanfics...you just killed me lol

Oh no! lol

I had something planned, but with this finale it wouldn't make a lot of sense. Maybe I could try my hand at a "disaster fic" but knowing myself that would entail Amy hunting Sheldon down to wherever he is and get her revenge Kill Bill-style.

(Just kidding. I'm not writing that, stay calm. :p)

• Like 2

Oh no! lol

I had something planned, but with this finale it wouldn't make a lot of sense. Maybe I could try my hand at a "disaster fic" but knowing myself that would entail Amy hunting Sheldon down to wherever he is and get her revenge Kill Bill-style.

Actually just for shits and giggles I would LOVE to read that fic *lol*

Must be my morbid sense of humour talking :p

Oh no! lol

Wouldn't mind that at all right now lol

I don't know what I want for Amy after this. I did cry for her, yes I cried for a fictional character. Sheldon's word hurt me really hard.

Given how Amy reacted, I don't think she will break up with him. At least, I hope she will be fine on her own when he comes back. I hope she will be very successful in her career and she's so hot, many scientists at Caltech try to win her heart.

A little part of me still wants Kripke to hit on her (I think Bert and Stuart aren't good enough sorry), she isn't interested in him but she agrees to have coffee with him sometimes as friends. She still loves Sheldon but she realizes that she has other friends outside the gang. 

I can't think of what Sheldon should do to redeem the damage he had done to her ( and me) at this point. He should be ignored by her, he should be hurt, he should be given a taste of his own medicine.

• Like 3

Okay; now that I am over my meltdown, I have a some-what level head.

Maddie said something to me this morning that made me feel a lot better. Sheldon's life needs to completely fall apart to realize everything is out of his control. There is no such thing as control in life, as much as any one of us would like to believe there is. That is a big thing for him, I think once he realizes this; things will start to get better and he will be able to commit to Amy.

Hopefully this is the kick in the pants he needs to finally be able to commit to her completely. And if I just may add this....

truethat_zpsdbfd07d2.png

This exactly!

I believe Sheldon was nasty to Amy when they were at her place because he wanted her to fix everything not make more suggestions.  Of course, he doesn't know how to tell her this because his brain isn't wired that way.  So everything happening at once overwhelmed him to the point he felt he had no choice but to leave and get himself together.

I also believe Lenny didn't say anything to Amy about Sheldon leaving because all she would've done was try to get him to stay and that would've overwhelmed him even further to the point he could break and that's not what anyone would want.  He needed to get away so he can get some perspective and evaluate things without any input from anyone.

His freak out when he tell Stuart he knows Amy loves him is because that's just more on his plate and he doesn't know how to handle it.  He loves her but he doesn't have the ability to tell her because, once again, his brain isn't wired for something like this.  However, you can tell he truly loves her because he called her to let her know he's doing better.  I'm hoping OS they'll keep in touch and things will be better in 8.1.  I also hope Amy realizes he needs to initiate the phone calls because he can't work things out in his mind if she's constantly calling him.

If you think about it all this is completely IC for Sheldon.  My only question is do we know where he went?  I'm guessing he did not go to see his mom because of what happened in Mommy Observation and he can't handle that right now on top of everything else.  I will guess he went to see Meemaw because she has always been the most consistent thing in his life.  That being said, I hope 8.1 starts with us finally meeting Meemaw!

As for why Mayim said the script was 'awesome', I'm guessing because it's the meatiest thing Jim has done on the show and there's no way the Academy can ignore it so she's thinking he'll get an Emmy nod for it.  Or she could be talking about Raj and Emily sleeping together or Stuart finally having something positive in life and Debbie is the reason.

• Like 6